• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
HD texture for all non-recolor costumes are setup now!

Unless I find some trouble with them, those are final version so here a quick look at some of them, enjoy! :

I set them up early because i'll use HD texture to quickly test recolors (Instead of importing recolors in the pac/pcs file then the SD card etc, I just replace an HD texture with a recolor in the dolphin folders. I don't need to re-launch dolphin, just reload the match. it's super quick that way)

yesterday I ended up putting all my AC Cloud recolor in-game and realised that they were all too washed out and not looking so good so I have to re-edit them.

ZeusLink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
U wot m8?
3DS FC
1010-0010-0100
How much is the .pcs file for each of them, btw? I'm currently working more on the animations to lower them even further.

jaystring

Smash Ace
How much is the .pcs file for each of them, btw? I'm currently working more on the animations to lower them even further.
Great!!

They've been optimized from last time. Here a quick look at some of them (pcs only)

FF7 Cloud : 846 kb

AC Cloud (with sleeve) : 950kb

KH Cloud : 1,021kb (it's the heaviest one but is a dolphin version so we can cut texture if necessary)
KH Cloud Wii : 849kb (the equivalent Wii version)

CC Cloud : 908kb

PS1 Cloud : 73 kb (smallest one obviously)

KH Cloud is the heaviest. make this one work and all of them will work

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
I have the same problem. Wii version skin
I've never seen that bug personaly, but i'm also only on dolphin

is it only happening in 1 particular stage? the last time this was brought up, it was happening only in 1 stage for 1 person so it was concluded that something was wrong in the stage itself not the model.

(also, might be the problem too, make sure to NOT USE the dolphin version on wii. they are designed to be used only on dolphin with HD texture. they have super low res texture on purpose)

Jamrocks

Smash Rookie
I've never seen that bug personaly, but i'm also only on dolphin

is it only happening in 1 particular stage? the last time this was brought up, it was happening only in 1 stage for 1 person so it was concluded that something was wrong in the stage itself not the model.

(also, might be the problem too, make sure to NOT USE the dolphin version on wii. they are designed to be used only on dolphin with HD texture. they have super low res texture on purpose)
You're right, it just happens to me on a stage. Spear pillar with dalgia

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Damn, those look really nice for Brawl. I keep forgetting that from time to time.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Quick couple questions, sure you've said it before but I can't remember. Are you gonna do full renders and CSPs? Are they gonna have the victory & Dissidia art pose like SSB4?

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Quick couple questions, sure you've said it before but I can't remember. Are you gonna do full renders and CSPs? Are they gonna have the victory & Dissidia art pose like SSB4?
yes I'll do renders ans CSPs

I always start them after i've finished with recolors and cloud has soo many costumes that recolors take me a while to do

I'm not sure about the pose, I haven't looked into that at all yet.

jaystring

Smash Ace
a modded stage
hum. In that case I would tend to believe that something is wrong with the stage

I've not done a lot of stage modding (yet) so I'm not that familiar with what could cause this.

But if you want, share with me the brawlvault entry (or download link) of the stage. I can try it in my build

at least we can pinpoint if it's happening on dolphin as well or if it's a wii issue only.

Jamrocks

Smash Rookie
hum. In that case I would tend to believe that something is wrong with the stage

I've not done a lot of stage modding (yet) so I'm not that familiar with what could cause this.

But if you want, share with me the brawlvault entry (or download link) of the stage. I can try it in my build

at least we can pinpoint if it's happening on dolphin as well or if it's a wii issue only.
ok this is http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206464

jaystring

Smash Ace
hey jaystring how everything going lately still working on mods or taking a well deserved vacation
hello! actually yeah I TOOK a vacation since I was gone for a week! I just got back now so i'll go back to work on the mod very soon.

Do you optimize your models in 3DS Max? I don't know if I asked this already.
Yes I do everything in 3dsmax! and I optimize my model "by hand" meaning I manually choose which polygon to delete 1 by 1. it's SUPER long but it's the best way to do it since I can choose exactly where to keep quality when it's visually important or where it's important for the skinning.

If I need to optmizise even more then my first pass by hand (like when I do Wii versions) then I use automated ways (pro-optimize for exemple) on model pieces where there's almost no skinning required (like short hairs for exemple)

i'll look into it tonight. Sorry haven't done it yet.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
What's all is left? I know you need CSPs, Renders, and stuff like that... But, I'm talking like recolors or special models. I remember Miss Cloud, but I never saw if that got done.

ZeusLink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
U wot m8?
3DS FC
1010-0010-0100
What's all is left? I know you need CSPs, Renders, and stuff like that... But, I'm talking like recolors or special models. I remember Miss Cloud, but I never saw if that got done.
If I recall correctly, he said he might release it in a later update of Cloud, along with the other WIP costumes.

jaystring

Smash Ace
If I recall correctly, he said he might release it in a later update of Cloud, along with the other WIP costumes.
yeah that's right, I want to finish Miss Cloud and Green Scrarf Crisis core Cloud (+ the one with the helmet) as later update

simply because I've taken way too long on Cloud Import and I would like you guys to enjoys what's done while I do the rest at my own pace.

I've got KH Cloud's recolor and PS1 Cloud recolor to do.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Aren't PS1 Cloud's textures mostly solid colors or is this one different to the mod I'm thinking of? I ask because I tried recolors for that and the eye ended up on his belt and the belt logo on his eye.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Aren't PS1 Cloud's textures mostly solid colors or is this one different to the mod I'm thinking of? I ask because I tried recolors for that and the eye ended up on his belt and the belt logo on his eye.
yeah the original was like that but mine's different. it's UVed to a regular texture so I can change colors as I want!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I know you don't plan on doing new stuff for Smash Wii U, but what do you think of ever porting your already finished costumes?
Your FE costumes (like Wii U Ike with Brawl clothes, Wii U Roy with PM clothes, etc.) would look great in that game.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I know you don't plan on doing new stuff for Smash Wii U, but what do you think of ever porting your already finished costumes?
Your FE costumes (like Wii U Ike with Brawl clothes, Wii U Roy with PM clothes, etc.) would look great in that game.
I'm not going to port them to Smash 4 myself but I would totally don't mind if any smash4 modder are willing to do it!

This apply to any mods i'm gonna be doing !

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Jay's KH Cloud is getting ported to Smash U by Nano. And Randomneeeesss was semi working on the PM/Smash U Roy. But he's new to model importing. I too would love those FE ones myself.

Last edited:

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
A few things: I like the Gold on White AC, I'm interested to see how KH Recolors look, & am I the only one to see there was only 1 brown belt on Blue AC?

jaystring

Smash Ace
A few things: I like the Gold on White AC, I'm interested to see how KH Recolors look, & am I the only one to see there was only 1 brown belt on Blue AC?
Only one brown belt on AC Cloud blue was on purpose. they where all brown initially but I ended up not liking it (especially from the back since he has all his sword holster there. The pauldron didn't look too good in Brown too)

So I changed most of them back to black. it was mostly a personnal taste change (I kind of like him only having 1 brown belt actually).

I thought about having maybe 1 or 2 other staps brown too to make it more 50/50 but then I hit a wall with the UVs (a lot of them share the same texture data so I change 1 and they all change)

Top Bottom