• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan's favorite singers. The IdolM@sters for DLC! Go My Way Sakurai!

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Iori Minase deserves the iDOLMASTER representation to join Smash, with Mii Fighter suits, over 20-30 songs with the composers of iDOLMASTER working on music for this game, and even a home stage. Why, you may ask? If there was anybody to get Iori Minase in, it would have to be her biggest fan, Katsuhiro Harada, producer of TEKKEN.

And I must tell you this, Smash Bros. is one of iDOLMASTER's tickets to finally hit North America!
The idols can finally get their own amiibo figurines if you give them a chance!
Vote for Iori now! #Iori4Smash

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I even made my own Iori trailer to find out what it'd be like if Iori was in Smash, via Harada's request or character voting.

The trailer is called "Wisdom Of A Young Lady."
Iori's newcomer trailer is in the style of THE iDOLMASTER anime series, the movie, and the three Shiny Festa OVAs, making this the second anime-styled trailer following Palutena's (Goddess Of Light). The animation was done by A-1 Pictures.
We start the trailer with the usual heartbeat, the slash, and the dramatic fire forming the Smash Bros. logo coming towards the screen, fading to white.
We fade in from white to see a familiar studio building, for those who've been playing iDOLMASTER, and watching the iDOLMASTER anime series. Yep, you guessed it! It's 765 Productions! Or 765PRO in short.
Kotori Otonashi, the office clerk, is sorting through fan letters, until she finds an envelope with the Smash Bros. logo on the seal. Alarmed by this, she calls the Producer. The Producer comes and looks at it. Upon seeing the letter, he calls all the 765PRO idols for a meeting. But not all of them are seen on-screen, for we don't want to ruin the character reveal just yet.
The Producer reads that in Master Hand's letter, he wants a second Namco character in Smash Bros. since he invited Pac-Man. The 765PRO idols were surprised to hear about their spiritual grandfather joining the Smash Bros. family! Master Hand wants one of the idols of 765PRO to join the battle. He wants a specific type of idol. Makoto thinks it's a karate idol, eager to get in the Smash Bros. series.
But to Makoto's dismay, in the letter, Master Hand says that he is not looking for a karate fighter in the tournament, which makes Makoto unpleased. He is looking for a princess idol to join the battle. A hidden face raises her hand and says "I'm the princess! Nihihi~" The 765PRO idols turn their heads to the one who will be joining the battle as DLC: The Ultra Miracle Super Idol herself, Iori Minase! The idols are all surprised! Yayoi, being Iori's best friend said: "Iori-chan!? You want to join Smash Bros.?" Iori giggles, and says: "Of course, Yayoi! Why, Iori will even get her own cute amiibo that'll sell like wild!" All the 765PRO idols took some time getting used to their wealthy but best friend to join Smash Bros., but seeing that she will become the second Namco character, they all accepted. All of Iori's fellow idols say: "Good luck, Iori!" Yayoi runs to Iori only to give her a great big good-luck hug saying "We'll be watching you!". Iori curtsies to thank them, and she runs off eager to join the Smash Bros. tournament, with Usa-chan in her arms.
At the Battlefield, Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Pac-Man are battling each other. Pac-Man tries to attack them using his Power Pellet attack, but unfortunately, Pac-Man gets beaten down by Mario, then Link, and then ultimately, Pikachu, leaving Pac-Man injured and unconscious.
But just as Mario, Link, and Pikachu are about to gang up and finish him off together, a big pink beam attacks them, sending them off-screen. Pac-Man gets up regaining conscious and sees who performed that attack from behind. He is surprised to see Iori Minase in the ring, considering that both of them are from BANDAI NAMCO Games. Iori speaks: "You've did your best, Pac-Man! But now, it's Iori's turn!" She winks at the camera as her splash introduction comes up.
Her splash introduction background is pink. Her introduction reads:
Iori Minase Steps On The Stage!
Iori's in-game model is finally shown, looking a lot more detailed and realistic than her iMAS 2/iMAS OFA model, as "Here We Go!" plays. For Smash attacks, regardless if charged or not, Iori uses Usa-chan to Smash her opponents away. When mid-air, Iori summons music notes. Her down aerial attack has a meteor effect, so opponents beware! Her moveset is as follows:
B: Sweet Kiss (Kinda acts like Mario's Fireball, but if you get hit by it, even when mid-air, you'll get stunned, as if you were really falling in love with Iori!)
Side-B: Usa-chan Tornado (Like Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, but you can now press B rapidly if you want float through the air. Also a perfect alternate recovery move)
Up-B: Usa-chan Flight (Although you can use this to get back on the stage, this can be useful to KO your opponents, for this attack has a rapid combo ability where Usa-chan spins like a wheel)
Down-B: Puchimas! (Like Peach's Vegetable Move, but with the Puchidols. The chances to pick up her own puchidol, Io, are about... 50-100, and once you get Io, throw her to your opponents for devastating launch power. In your face, Peach! You just got owned by the Idol Princess!)
During her trailer, Iori has a boatload of palette swaps. She's got 32 alternate costumes. THIRTY-TWO!!! 16 have her iMAS 2 hairstyle, and the other 16 have her original iMAS 1 hairstyle! Eat your heart out, Little Mac, for her costumes are better than yours.
Oh! And we can't forget! Now that Iori's here, we have a special iDOLMASTER home stage! It's called Live Concert. There are 2 iDOLMASTER songs in the 3DS version, but over 20 - 30 IDOLMASTER SONGS in the Wii U version! Take that, Port Town Aero Dive!
And the Final Smash? Well, it's something we've all been expecting. Iori's powerful yet infamous Deko-Beam. It acts similar to Samus' Zero Laser and the Mii Gunner's Full Blast, but it's much more stronger and has a higher chance of KO'ing anybody.
After the gameplay footage, we end this trailer on a... how should I put this... a harem note.
Iori is applauded by all the current girl fighters in Super Smash Bros. for being the newest female addition, with Princess Peach holding a special present for Iori joining the battle. Iori waves at all of her new friends as she thanks them for applauding for her debut while she walks up to Princess Peach with her gift, and she opens the present. Iori gasps in excitement and awe seeing she has her own sparkling golden princess tiara, even with her cute name on it. Iori puts the tiara on and she giggles in the usual way (Nihihi~) now that she is the newest girl to the Smash Bros. family. Fade to black. The copyright credits are seen on the bottom, updated with "Project-iMAS" added.

So, how's that? If it sucks and if the moveset doesn't feel so... idolish, it can start out with Pac-Man getting beaten down while a slow version of "Futari no Kioku" composed by Torine plays. Or something else in mind.

And the series symbol of iDOLMASTER should be the angelic AMCG logo.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I threw a vote for Iori just now, and I plan to do it again on the Japanese site. In the most unbroken Japanese I can do.

Iori Minase deserves the iDOLMASTER representation to join Smash, with Mii Fighter suits, over 20-30 songs with the composers of iDOLMASTER working on music for this game, and even a home stage. Why, you may ask? If there was anybody to get Iori Minase in, it would have to be her biggest fan, Katsuhiro Harada, producer of TEKKEN.

And I must tell you this, Smash Bros. is one of iDOLMASTER's tickets to finally hit North America!
The idols can finally get their own amiibo figurines if you give them a chance!
Vote for Iori now! #Iori4Smash
Reusing this image for this thread because:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
I want your permission from you if could make a poll for the Idolmaster character. Not familiar with the series, but it would be an interesting experiment.
Yeah man! What do you need to know? I can help you out.

I even made my own Iori trailer to find out what it'd be like if Iori was in Smash, via Harada's request or character voting.

The trailer is called "Wisdom Of A Young Lady."
Iori's newcomer trailer is in the style of THE iDOLMASTER anime series, the movie, and the three Shiny Festa OVAs, making this the second anime-styled trailer following Palutena's (Goddess Of Light). The animation was done by A-1 Pictures.
We start the trailer with the usual heartbeat, the slash, and the dramatic fire forming the Smash Bros. logo coming towards the screen, fading to white.
We fade in from white to see a familiar studio building, for those who've been playing iDOLMASTER, and watching the iDOLMASTER anime series. Yep, you guessed it! It's 765 Productions! Or 765PRO in short.
Kotori Otonashi, the office clerk, is sorting through fan letters, until she finds an envelope with the Smash Bros. logo on the seal. Alarmed by this, she calls the Producer. The Producer comes and looks at it. Upon seeing the letter, he calls all the 765PRO idols for a meeting. But not all of them are seen on-screen, for we don't want to ruin the character reveal just yet.
The Producer reads that in Master Hand's letter, he wants a second Namco character in Smash Bros. since he invited Pac-Man. The 765PRO idols were surprised to hear about their spiritual grandfather joining the Smash Bros. family! Master Hand wants one of the idols of 765PRO to join the battle. He wants a specific type of idol. Makoto thinks it's a karate idol, eager to get in the Smash Bros. series.
But to Makoto's dismay, in the letter, Master Hand says that he is not looking for a karate fighter in the tournament, which makes Makoto unpleased. He is looking for a princess idol to join the battle. A hidden face raises her hand and says "I'm the princess! Nihihi~" The 765PRO idols turn their heads to the one who will be joining the battle as DLC: The Ultra Miracle Super Idol herself, Iori Minase! The idols are all surprised! Yayoi, being Iori's best friend said: "Iori-chan!? You want to join Smash Bros.?" Iori giggles, and says: "Of course, Yayoi! Why, Iori will even get her own cute amiibo that'll sell like wild!" All the 765PRO idols took some time getting used to their wealthy but best friend to join Smash Bros., but seeing that she will become the second Namco character, they all accepted. All of Iori's fellow idols say: "Good luck, Iori!" Yayoi runs to Iori only to give her a great big good-luck hug saying "We'll be watching you!". Iori curtsies to thank them, and she runs off eager to join the Smash Bros. tournament, with Usa-chan in her arms.
At the Battlefield, Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Pac-Man are battling each other. Pac-Man tries to attack them using his Power Pellet attack, but unfortunately, Pac-Man gets beaten down by Mario, then Link, and then ultimately, Pikachu, leaving Pac-Man injured and unconscious.
But just as Mario, Link, and Pikachu are about to gang up and finish him off together, a big pink beam attacks them, sending them off-screen. Pac-Man gets up regaining conscious and sees who performed that attack from behind. He is surprised to see Iori Minase in the ring, considering that both of them are from BANDAI NAMCO Games. Iori speaks: "You've did your best, Pac-Man! But now, it's Iori's turn!" She winks at the camera as her splash introduction comes up.
Her splash introduction background is pink. Her introduction reads:
Iori Minase Steps On The Stage!
Iori's in-game model is finally shown, looking a lot more detailed and realistic than her iMAS 2/iMAS OFA model, as "Here We Go!" plays. For Smash attacks, regardless if charged or not, Iori uses Usa-chan to Smash her opponents away. When mid-air, Iori summons music notes. Her down aerial attack has a meteor effect, so opponents beware! Her moveset is as follows:
B: Sweet Kiss (Kinda acts like Mario's Fireball, but if you get hit by it, even when mid-air, you'll get stunned, as if you were really falling in love with Iori!)
Side-B: Usa-chan Tornado (Like Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, but you can now press B rapidly if you want float through the air. Also a perfect alternate recovery move)
Up-B: Usa-chan Flight (Although you can use this to get back on the stage, this can be useful to KO your opponents, for this attack has a rapid combo ability where Usa-chan spins like a wheel)
Down-B: Puchimas! (Like Peach's Vegetable Move, but with the Puchidols. The chances to pick up her own puchidol, Io, are about... 50-100, and once you get Io, throw her to your opponents for devastating launch power. In your face, Peach! You just got owned by the Idol Princess!)
During her trailer, Iori has a boatload of palette swaps. She's got 32 alternate costumes. THIRTY-TWO!!! 16 have her iMAS 2 hairstyle, and the other 16 have her original iMAS 1 hairstyle! Eat your heart out, Little Mac, for her costumes are better than yours.
Oh! And we can't forget! Now that Iori's here, we have a special iDOLMASTER home stage! It's called Live Concert. There are 2 iDOLMASTER songs in the 3DS version, but over 20 - 30 IDOLMASTER SONGS in the Wii U version! Take that, Port Town Aero Dive!
And the Final Smash? Well, it's something we've all been expecting. Iori's powerful yet infamous Deko-Beam. It acts similar to Samus' Zero Laser and the Mii Gunner's Full Blast, but it's much more stronger and has a higher chance of KO'ing anybody.
After the gameplay footage, we end this trailer on a... how should I put this... a harem note.
Iori is applauded by all the current girl fighters in Super Smash Bros. for being the newest female addition, with Princess Peach holding a special present for Iori joining the battle. Iori waves at all of her new friends as she thanks them for applauding for her debut while she walks up to Princess Peach with her gift, and she opens the present. Iori gasps in excitement and awe seeing she has her own sparkling golden princess tiara, even with her cute name on it. Iori puts the tiara on and she giggles in the usual way (Nihihi~) now that she is the newest girl to the Smash Bros. family. Fade to black. The copyright credits are seen on the bottom, updated with "Project-iMAS" added.

So, how's that? If it sucks and if the moveset doesn't feel so... idolish, it can start out with Pac-Man getting beaten down while a slow version of "Futari no Kioku" composed by Torine plays. Or something else in mind.

And the series symbol of iDOLMASTER should be the angelic AMCG logo.
I love love love most of this! Hey make sure you vote in Rate Their Chances today for an Idolm@ster Mii costume

Troykv

Smash Master
IDOLM@STER MII FIGHTER COSTUMES
CHANCE: 21.27%
WANT: 36.58%

This an incredible high score for a concept that has a really small relationship with Nintendo... Congratulations!
I put this as my rating

Idols singing metal... Lol.

Idolm@ster Mii Costume

Chance: ...

This is a curious case, the series is really popular in Japan, enough to have various cameos in other Namco Games... But probably for the game's style still doesn't have a real game outside Japan, making its popularity mainly Japanese. Still, that could be enough to try to put a Costume... This could be almost a shoe-in if the series appears more in Nintendo Consoles.

Chance: 25%

Want: 90%

I don't have many connections with the games, but I love the animated series, and also this anime show me a character that has a special connection with me for some personal reasons

And she is cute :3. I like also the other character :p

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Hey, @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club , are you gonna get more iMAS and Smash lovers so we can see Iori and iMAS in Smash 4 making the North American debut? Plus, add the link to the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot so fans can vote for Iori.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'd like to see an IdolM@ster. Still, it's definitely likely we'll see Mii Fighter outfits of them, but I have no problem with a playable character from the series. I'd prefer Iori, or Ami and Mami.

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I'd like to see an IdolM@ster. Still, it's definitely likely we'll see Mii Fighter outfits of them, but I have no problem with a playable character from the series. I'd prefer Iori, or (for some reason) Ami and Mami.
Don't forget a home stage too with over 20-30 songs in the Wii U version of Smash 4. Spread the word on this topic to see if there are more iDOLMASTER and Smash fans? Iori making her Smash appearance and her North American debut would make Harada very proud. #Iori4Smash

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Don't forget a home stage too with over 20-30 songs in the Wii U version of Smash 4. Spread the word on this topic to see if there are more iDOLMASTER and Smash fans? Iori making her Smash appearance and her North American debut would make Harada very proud. #Iori4Smash
Seems a bit over the top, huh? I say Sakurai should test the waters a bit (That is, if he does wish to include them and then let's see where things go. BTW, I'm certain now that I'll be really happy for Iori and/or Ami and Mami. I'm okay with the others, but they're my most wanted.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Seems a bit over the top, huh? I say Sakurai should test the waters a bit (That is, if he does wish to include them and then let's see where things go. BTW, I'm certain now that I'll be really happy for Iori and/or Ami and Mami. I'm okay with the others, but they're my most wanted.
Well, try to find some iMAS and Smash fans!

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
HEY! I apologize of double posting, are there people who still want iDOLMASTER in Smash because of the composers thinking there will be iMAS content? I WANT IMAS CONTENT TOO, YOU KNOW!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
HEY! I apologize of double posting, are there people who still want iDOLMASTER in Smash because of the composers thinking there will be iMAS content? I WANT IMAS CONTENT TOO, YOU KNOW!
Well that's not the only reason I want them in. I think Idolm@ster 2 is such an interesting game and needs more representation to help get it over here in the US. That's why I'm pushing for it.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Well that's not the only reason I want them in. I think Idolm@ster 2 is such an interesting game and needs more representation to help get it over here in the US. That's why I'm pushing for it.
Will you continue doing it so Iori and the iMAS franchise can receive more of your Smash support until 10/3/2015?
You can even tweet the word with these hashtags:
#Iori4Smash
#SmashxiMAS

Iori is counting on you. Let this idol princess to be in the Smash Brothers with the Smash Sisters.
iDOLMASTER definitely deserves more US games. Plus, more Nintendo games and its own amiibo series!

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Anyone have an idea for a moveset for the IdolM@sters?
I got one with Iori.
Final Smash: Deko-Beam (Higher launch power than Zero Laser and Full Blast)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I got one with Iori.
Final Smash: Deko-Beam (Higher launch power than Zero Laser and Full Blast)
Not bad! A very good moveset indeed for someone like Iori! If only I could think of something for Ami and Mami (my most wanted IdolM@sters aside from Iori.)

Troykv

Smash Master
Not bad! A very good moveset indeed for someone like Iori! If only I could think of something for Ami and Mami (my most wanted IdolM@sters aside from Iori.)
To much Im@s to choose xD

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I finally played the ioS version of Shiny Festiva (RR edition).
I think its my favorite game I have on iOS at this moment, as a hardcore Project Diva fan I enjoy how hardcore the gameplay can get on higher difficulties.

That said, its a shame the game they localize is the one that doesn't have the social elements. So hopefully they'll localize the planned PS4 installment.

..After a boost of interest in the series from iDOLM@STER costumes in SSB4 of course :awesome:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what do you think the IDOLM@STERS have a chance to show up in more? Smash (including future installments) or Project X Zone?

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
There will be no THE iDOLM@STER characters in Project X Zone 2, I'm sad to say. BUT you get Fire Emblem characters, Xenoblade characters, including the legend himself, Segata Sanshiro!
Wanna play my special Super Mario x THE iDOLM@STER course in Super Mario Maker? Here's the course ID:
C61E-0000-0022-2DFD
Don't forget to star it too!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
There will be no THE iDOLM@STER characters in Project X Zone 2, I'm sad to say. BUT you get Fire Emblem characters, Xenoblade characters, including the legend himself, Segata Sanshiro!
Wanna play my special Super Mario x THE iDOLM@STER course in Super Mario Maker? Here's the course ID:
C61E-0000-0022-2DFD
Don't forget to star it too!
Aww, really? Wait, did Namco Bandai/Bandai Namco(:confused:) say that outright, or are you you thinking that will be the case?

Troykv

Smash Master
I know, right? I'd be a little surprised if no one form The IDOLM@STER shows up for PXZ2. Like, quite legitimately surprised.
The Phoenix Wrigh/Maya's inclussion makes me think more about her chances... because in this series, magic and powers only belongs to a really few characters... But otherwise a really over the top series with the conversations and the animations and well... everything xDU

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The Phoenix Wrigh/Maya's inclussion makes me think more about her chances... because in this series, magic and powers only belongs to a really few characters... But otherwise a really over the top series with the conversations and the animations and well... everything xDU
Well, I guess you're right. Mostly, I'd hope they'd be in the game, but if they're not, I won't be broken up about it in any way whatsoever, TBH. The over-the-top thing cold really go with the IDOLM@STER characters, though. Also, the reason I said I would be surprised if the IDOLM@STER wasn't represented in PXZ2 was pretty much because of @The Light Music Club's quote about how that series, alongside PAC-MAN, Tekken and Tales, are currently Namco's flagship series.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So which one of you was the one that shrouded Google images with Idolmaster propaganda from Dieveintart? I'm bound to find you here.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that to be honest.
Well what I meant was that there was a person on Dievientart that made all this impressive propaganda for Iori, not just that but there was wallpapers, artwork and more! It was quite impressive tbh.

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
And now, the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot is over.
Oh, THE iDOLMASTER, as a popular key franchise to BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment,
I know you can make it outside of Japan again and join Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.
I have never owned an iDOLMASTER game, but if you finally make the cut as DLC,
I will play Smash Bros. a ton more. I believe in you!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know you can make it outside of Japan again and join Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.
Wait, is the Smash Ballot page shut down now?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Dude you need to try Im@s 2 for PS3. I couldn't read it, but regardless it was really really fun.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, do you all think that if we got Mii Fighter outfits of the IDOLM@STERS, would be based on the girls AND boys of the series, or only the girls? Also, Brawler, Sword-fighter, or Gunner?

Top Bottom