• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan's favorite singers. The IdolM@sters for DLC! Go My Way Sakurai!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Idolmaster, usually written IdolM@ster, is a IP owned by Namco. Now with Namco working on the game, there is a chance that they could get two representatives. Now I do realize that Sakurai said, no special treatments, but still, he could just be saying that. You never no.

Now Idolm@ster has predominately been on the PS3, and PSP systems. HOWEVER, they have been on the DS before. So Idolm@ster could have a shot at a character.

They can be original. I don't know about you, but I could care less for a Rhythm Heaven character. But I would still love a music character. Personally, I think an IdolM@ster character could be the best to have. They could also, just like the Chorus Men, work in a team of 3. This is because in the games, you are normally in charge of 3 idols in your group, so they could add to represent the game better.

Now, sure, I haven't come up with any moves or anything yet, but I plan to do so. I hope that you guys who do support the idea, can help me come up for moves, either as a trio character or as a single person character.

Wouldn't it be great to see something like this on the site? (Note: I didn't make it):

Lastly, I would like to add, that it would be fantastic to get some IdolM@ster music in smash. It's fantastic.

So are you ready!?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Um.....They Look very nice. Not Sure they stand much of a chance, though. this is my first time hearing about them.....

andimidna

Smash Master
Huh. I didn't know they had a support thread. Nice.
They don't seem very fitting, but they look cool.
My favorite design of them would either be Iori in that one Smash box, or the one on the bottom left of the top picture.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Huh. I didn't know they had a support thread. Nice.
They don't seem very fitting, but they look cool.
My favorite design of them would either be Iori in that one Smash box, or the one on the bottom left of the top picture.
Yep! The bottom one on the left with the Hamster is Hibiki, she's really good with animals. You should at least watch the anime if you don't feel like importing the game

Move set wise they could always take stuff from the spin off anime in which they are Mecha pilots. I still have to watch that.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Well, that RtC day was...yeah >_>

Idolm@ster character would be nice though. I really want to play one of these games someday, I remember first seeing some vids of the games when I learned Miku appeared in one of them. Something needs to push Bamco to bring (a real) installment over here, I'd even settle for digital only T_T

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, that RtC day was...yeah >_>

Idolm@ster character would be nice though. I really want to play one of these games someday, I remember first seeing some vids of the games when I learned Miku appeared in one of them. Something needs to push Bamco to bring (a real) installment over here, I'd even settle for digital only T_T
Yeah, I imported Idolm@ster 2, and even though I can't understand the plot, I still thought it was cute and fun. I don't understand why they haven't even brought over the regular anime. The only one they brought over was Xenoglasia (might've misspelled that) the spin off show where they pilot mechs.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looking at the list of Namco-Bandai musicians, maybe an Idolm@ster song or two might just happen. Awesome:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, we may not be getting them...but at least Idolm@ster was mentioned 7 times in the "notable works" of the music section of the SSB4 site.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

More proof all Namco workers (and Sakurai) love IdolM@ster =3 Maybe they could squeeze a cameo like Taiko did?
Looking at the list of Namco-Bandai musicians, maybe an Idolm@ster song or two might just happen. Awesome:
Yeah guys, it was great to see this. I love that they got a guy from Danganronpa on board too. I'm really hoping we can get Smoky Thrill on the Pac-Man stage. Then I might actually not mind the stage. I'll take any type of cameo though. A trophy would be especially cool.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I would rather have 3MB in his game, lol. :p

We're a 3 Man Band!!!

Besides, Pacman already confirmed means no more Namco reps, and if they have a song track, that would be ok, but I'm not sure what this is so it would be something new to hear.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Can't say I'm familiar with the series, but any music-based fighter would be a wonderful addition. Chorus Kids seem most likely, though I'd give my unborn children to play as Ouendan or Elite Beat Agents.

Very intriguing, mind you. I'm a sucker for cute anime gals. I'd like to think we'll at least get some sort of musical representation therein; having Namco on board opens the doors for a lot of new opportunities.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-games-america-and-europe-localize-idolmaster-one-for-all

Please guys, if you have the time to, sign this petition and share it with your friends. I would seriously appreciate it.

Can't say I'm familiar with the series, but any music-based fighter would be a wonderful addition. Chorus Kids seem most likely, though I'd give my unborn children to play as Ouendan or Elite Beat Agents.

Very intriguing, mind you. I'm a sucker for cute anime gals. I'd like to think we'll at least get some sort of musical representation therein; having Namco on board opens the doors for a lot of new opportunities.
Yeah, I hope Namco continues to work on Smash past this one, maybe we can get a character from the series in the future.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-games-america-and-europe-localize-idolmaster-one-for-all

Please guys, if you have the time to, sign this petition and share it with your friends. I would seriously appreciate it.
I've thrown my name into the hat for good measure. I'd suggest that, if you really want to make them pay attention, organise a proper campaign as opposed to just signing a petition and telling them to get it done. Contact friends and fellow fans, send letters to Namco, start trends, create a viral ad campaign. If they're convinced that there's a market for it, there's every chance they'll give it a shot. They're not going to release a game abroad if they're concerned it won't sell - and for better or worse, these kinds of games generally don't have the kind of audience they have in Japan. It's pretty much the reason Mother 3 was never released elsewhere (yet?).

Who knows, though? If enough like-minded fans get together and really get the word out onto the street, maybe Namco's ears will perk up and they'll take the plunge. If Fire Emblem is anything to go by, all it takes is a little low-cost risk to get fans' attention, at which point they may very well decide that they're into a good thing and keep the momentum moving and moving.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

Yeah, I hope Namco continues to work on Smash past this one, maybe we can get a character from the series in the future.
Signed. I'll see where I can share it to. Would be great if this ended up becoming Namco's Project Diva (As in: They start localizing everything when they realize people want them).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
We are open once again!!!!!

Currently, we are kind of pushing a mii costume in the RMT topic, what are your thoughts on that? At this point personally, I'd be fine if Sakurai noticed Im@s at all!

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but why do us people outside of Japan care so much about these japanese-only things!?

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
No offense, but why do us people outside of Japan care so much about these japanese-only things!?
I mean personally I've played the series and watched a majority of the anime (still have to see 2nd season of CG's). I like their games, character designs, music, and personalities.

You could ask the same of fans from other JPN only series like Panel de Pon or Mother 3.

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
I mean personally I've played the series and watched a majority of the anime (still have to see 2nd season of CG's). I like their games, character designs, music, and personalities.

You could ask the same of fans from other JPN only series like Panel de Pon or Mother 3.
yeah I do wonder the same about people who want Lip or wanted Roy and Lucas so bad

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Glad to see the thread revived.
I'd imagine costumes being fairly likely. I mean, in dlc wave 2 we got costumes from Tekken and Virtua Fighter, pretty much to complete some sort of "fighting game" theme caused by Ryu's addition. If we get a Namco character, an idol/music character, or maybe even a Japan only character there's a great chance they'd throw in a costume to also complete some sort of theme.
...and if neither of that happens, Namco at least has been getting costumes in 2/3 of the dlc waves.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I could see a Miku and ImasImas combo because Sega owns the game rights to Miku. That would be cool.
I was thinking the same. For both characters they could probably throw in a trophy if they get costumes, which was shown possible when the Inkling dlc costumes came with an Inkling trophy.
I would also die happily at that happening.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Hmm, adding idols into the mix? It'd be quite interesting. I wouldn't mind at all.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hmm, adding idols into the mix? It'd be quite interesting. I wouldn't mind at all.
I know right? I think it would be fun if we just got a song even from them. There were so many Idolm@ster composers in the group that worked on Smash Bros.

It's cool because we could also get an idol from #FE. I'd be ok with that also.

Troykv

Smash Master
Wow! I didn't know that this actually exists... The relative niche popularity outside Japan and be mainly a PS game hurts their chances as complete characters... But a Mii Costume is actually very possible.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Tomorrow is RTC iDOLM@STER costume day! Coincidentally, its exactly a week before they made their RTC debut last year. And on my birthday but who cares.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...runner-ups-getting-non-playable-roles.398604/

Wonder how they’ll do…people seem to underestimate their popularity in Japan. Some people will bring up how they only have one game on a Nintendo handheld, but that really doesn't matter if Virtua Fighter costumes show anything.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Tomorrow is RTC iDOLM@STER costume day! Coincidentally, its exactly a week before they made their RTC debut last year. And on my birthday but who cares.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...runner-ups-getting-non-playable-roles.398604/

Wonder how they’ll do…people seem to underestimate their popularity in Japan. Some people will bring up how they only have one game on a Nintendo handheld, but that really doesn't matter if Virtua Fighter costumes show anything.
I think the main issue is people don't even know they have a DS game. I made that a point in my post. The series has up to 2013 made up to 10 billion yen which is pretty nice for a series. So it would make sense that the series would be pushed by Namco.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think the main issue is people don't even know they have a DS game. I made that a point in my post. The series has up to 2013 made up to 10 billion yen which is pretty nice for a series. So it would make sense that the series would be pushed by Namco.
Well... They already put Idol@master content in other Namco Games (some of them arrives outside Japan... Ace Combat has something in one of the games).

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm wonder about the Idolm@ster's sales. 10 billon yens are like ~100 millon dollars. But we know the exact games's sales? xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom