• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Japanese Results Compendium

juddy96

Smash Lord
As exciting as the list of confirmation list is, I'm really bummed about some of the absent players. No Saiya or Hayato. really sucks.
I did not realize Kei mained :4ryu: now. It's probably a good decision on his part since :4miibrawl: will forever be in a contentious place.
Well he hasn't actually played Ryu in tournament. But he did tweet just before Sumabato 6 that it would be his last tournament using the character and that he was prepping a Ryu for Genesis.

Djent

Smash Champion
Hey bozos,

I don't know how I missed this, but Waseda University is currently hosting a large single-elimination Smash WiiU tournament. It is being streamed right now by Shi-Gaming and the bracket is available here. Notable attendees include Nietono, Umeki, Daiki, taranito, Aiba, and Paseriman.

EDIT: Rain is there too, though he entered under an alternate name (サイバイマン2号).
EDIT 2: And he lost super early to Ken's Sonic lmao.

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, but the next Umebura and probably also the next Sumabato will be streamed on niconico instead of twitch.

Djent

Smash Champion
The Waseda University tournament has concluded. Props to Pichi for winning despite a disproportionately difficult bracket which included Kamemushi, Paseriman, Umeki, and Nietono. Slops to Nietono for trying to style with G&W in Grand Finals...

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
The Waseda University tournament has concluded. Props to Pichi for winning despite a disproportionately difficult bracket which included Kamemushi, Paseriman, Umeki, and Nietono. Slops to Nietono for trying to style with G&W in Grand Finals...
What's with that guy anyway? I used to have a lot of respect for him when he played Olimar in Brawl, but then he started using all sorts of characters, and I got the feeling he didn't really care as much about winning anymore. Now that he's doing the same thing in this game, I wonder if he still has that mentality. :(

I mean, I guess it's probably a more healthy mentality to have, but it's harder for me to respect him as much as a top Japanese player.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1st Pichi - Falcon
2nd Nietono - Fox, G&W
3rd El - Rosalina
4th Kisha - Mega Man
5th daiki / umeki / shuto / takoman

Tournament was single elimination [hence 4 people placing 5th] but they played out El vs Kisha to determine who's 3rd and who's 4th.

:059:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Hirosuma 2 is happening on SHI-G right now, only 40 entrants but they've got 9B, FILIP, Lagnel, Sylph, Shimitake, Kei, Kie, Lucia, Ron, and Rudolph.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
The updated list of Japanese players for GENESIS 3:

Registered

Ranai :4villager:
Komorikiri :4sonic:
Abadango :4pacman::4metaknight::rosalina:
Nietono:substitute:
Earth :4pit:
9B:4ryu:
Umeki:4peach:
J!:4sheik:
Nasubi:4wario:
FILIP:4mario:
Kei:4ryu:
Shimitake:4pikachu:
Lucia:4metaknight:
el:rosalina:
Rin:4wiifit:
Dol:4jigglypuff:
Dainosuke:4diddy:
Haruki :4sheik:
Ryuji
Ayuha
eSR | Rom

Djent

Smash Champion
9B :4ryu:
Earth :4pit::4fox:
Kie :4peach:
Shogun :4fox:
Souther :4falcon:
Nasubi :4wario:
OCEAN :4rob:
Ikep :rosalina:
Macho :4zss::4diddy:
Isotaku :4diddy:
Shimitake :4pikachu:
Kei :4ryu:
Ice :rosalina:
Masashi :4sheik::4feroy:

Upcoming events include Kyoto this Sunday, Umebura next Sunday, then Karisuma 5.5 the Sunday after that, then only two weeks until Pre-KVO. Good lord, what an amazing several weeks to come. Does anyone know when the next Sumabato event will take place?

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Upcoming events include Kyoto this Sunday, Umebura next Sunday, then Karisuma 5.5 the Sunday after that, then only two weeks until Pre-KVO. Good lord, what an amazing several weeks to come. Does anyone know when the next Sumabato event will take place?
The next Sumabato is the 26th of December.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Earth :4pit::4fox:
Kie :4peach:
Shogun :4fox:
Souther :4falcon:
Nasubi :4wario:
OCEAN :4rob:
Ikep :rosalina:
Macho :4zss::4diddy:
Isotaku :4diddy:
Shimitake :4pikachu:
Kei :4ryu:
Ice :rosalina:
Masashi :4sheik::4feroy:

Also Shulla-bra V on January 10th. And it's a shame Kyoto is only single elim because that's a great lineup.

Edit: Oh and I just found this. It's happening right now. http://twipla.jp/events/172314

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
I found the 3rd Tokyo University of Science Smash tournament that's apparently happening soon:
http://challonge.com/TUSTournament3
Entries include Kisha, T, Haruki, El, Kamemushi, KEN, Nyanko, Yoshi, Umeki, Paseriman, Daiki, Aiba and Abadango. Songun got DQ because he was late. I don't think it's streamed anywhere, but apparently videos will be on Youtube.

Last edited:

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
Kyoto University School Festival Results

1st Ranai:4villager:
2nd Komorikiri:4sonic::4mario:
3rd SH:4fox:
3rd J!:4sheik:
5th OCEAN:4rob:
5th Earth:4pit:
5th Rain:4sheik:
5th Souther:4falcon:

Original bracket: http://challonge.com/kuso4u
Translated bracket: http://challonge.com/KUSFT

Always nice to see OCEAN on the rare occasions he shows up. He would definitely be the best ROB in the world if he went to more tournaments. Hell, he might currently be the best ROB in the world but I'd question that considering how well 8bitman's been doing lately.

Djent

Smash Champion
SHI-G is starting to upload TUS3 videos to their channel. Sadly, they are not yet in a playlist.

So far I've learned that Lean used Sheik vs. KEN and that Nyanko went back to his Dong roots against Lean. I am updating the OP accordingly and it will now feature TUS3 results along with those from KUSF (since I can now confirm character usage).

juddy96

Smash Lord
Didn't know who JACK played to make top 8 at TUS Tournament 3. Watched the vods and he plays :4link:

Japan pls never change

Also Yoc used :4pikachu:game 2 of grand finals

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Komorikiri :4sonic:
Choco :4zss:
Kirihara :rosalina:
Abadango :4pacman::4metaknight::rosalina:
Earth :4pit: