• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Japanese Results Compendium

juddy96

Smash Lord
Umebura FAT has concluded; results are in the OP.

Congrats to Nairo for winning the whole thing only dropping a single game to 9B. You are truly the world's 2nd best player.
Congrats to Komorikiri for achieving a new level of Sonic play and becoming my new favorite player to watch. Yes, a Sonic player.
Congrats to 9B for having the breakout tourney I thought was a ways off and for making a (demi)god bleed.

It's almost 6:30 A.M. local time and I have classes tomorrow, but **** it. I love this scene.
Congrats to Sakasaka for defeating Abadango, Ranai, and Earth and placing 7th in his first ever Smash 4 tournament

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nairo beats Sakasaka, 9B, Edge, Komorikiri, Choco and Komorikiri again [sickest bracket run ever?]
Komorikiri beats Ken, Ally, Earth, loses to Nairo, beats 9B, Kirihara, Choco, loses to Nairo again.
Choco beats J!, Nietono, Vinnie, Kirihara, loses to Nairo, loses to Komorikiri
Kirihara beats Sylph, Songun, Ranai, Naynko, loses to Choco, beats Edge, loses to Komorikiri

:059:

Djent

Smash Champion
Nairo only faced one opponent that didn't finish top 8. "Sickest run ever" indeed.

Just noticed Yusan and Gomamugicha finished 17th despite both losing in WR2. Yusan beat Yuzu and Goma beat FILIP and J!

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Congrats to Sakasaka for defeating Abadango, Ranai, and Earth and placing 7th in his first ever Smash 4 tournament
Who does that guy play? That's ridiculous!

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Man. I just watched the Japan vs World Crew Battle and Ranai made quick work of Ally AND Nairo. Makes me wonder how the tournament would have turned out if he didn't have to face a Rosalina and a Sheik.

Djent

Smash Champion
Those are two of the most common matchups, so that's basically asking for an unusually lucky bracket. If Ranai doesn't improve at playing them, then I'm afraid to say we should expect more inconsistency from him in the future, regardless of how badly he bodies other characters.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Those are two of the most common matchups, so that's basically asking for an unusually lucky bracket. If Ranai doesn't improve at playing them, then I'm afraid to say we should expect more inconsistency from him in the future, regardless of how badly he bodies other characters.
Yeah you're probably right. The thing is, Rosalina is just considered almost unwinnable for villager, so even a high-caliber villager player like ranai will have a hard time with that MU. And since he seems to be a diehard loyalist to villager, he may not be willing to pick up another character to handle that MU. However, I think Sheik is much more manageable, and I think he'll figure that MU out with villager soon enough.

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
So, does anyone know who comprised the other 7th place team besides Umeki & Salena? They entered under the name of a chiptune artist and I don't think they appeared on stream at all judging by the matches they won and lost.

Maybe Jucchan Jucchan knows?
It's Ginko and HIDE, with Pac-man + Sonic

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
SHI-G has started uploading some offstream losers matches from Umebura FAT. They're not in the main playlist as of now, so keep an eye on their general uploads.

EDIT: Cmon Sakasaka, let the man breathe! :eek:

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Two Announcements:

1) Karisuma 5 is in two days (10/10/2015). It should be starting late morning Japan time so be sure to do the necessary time zone conversions if you want to watch it live. Brackets should appear here (they'll be in Japanese). It will be streamed by SHI-Gaming as usual.

2) Abadango confirmed that a number of high- and top-level Japanese players will be attending Genesis 3:
He also later confirmed aMSa EDIT: and Umeki, and it looks as if Kei (not the Peach) is interested as well.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
The updated list of Japanese players registered for GENESIS 3:

Ranai :4villager:
Komorikiri :4sonic:
Abadango :4pacman::4metaknight:
Umeki :4peach:
Nasubi :4wario:
9B :4ryu:
Haruki :4sheik:
Kei :4miibrawl:
Shimitake :4pikachu:
Ryuji
Lucia
Ayuha
eSR | Rom

juddy96

Smash Lord
The updated list of Japanese players for GENESIS 3:

Registered

Earth :4pit:
Nietono :substitute:
Kei :4miibrawl:
RIN :4wiifit:
Ryuji
Lucia
Ayuha
eSR | Rom
el

Maybe

FILIP :4mario:
Edge :4sheik:
Shuton :4alph:(needs money)
Salena :4metaknight:
Sylph :4sheik:
Some :4greninja:

Deconfirmed

Choco :4zss:
Brood :4duckhunt:
Kirihara :rosalina:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Just wondering how do you guys get all this info on the Japanese scene? Twitter, some other website?

juddy96

Smash Lord
Sumabato 6 is the next tournament, it will be on Saturday.

As always, expect a colourful cast of characters.

:4villager:Ranai, Fuwa
:4sonic:Komorikiri
:4ryu:9B
:4sheik:Edge, Rain, Aki, J!, Sylph
:4wario:Nasubi, Yuto
:4peach:Kie
:rosalina:Nijoruri, ikep
:4pikachu:Shimitake
:4duckhunt:Yusan
:4pit:Earth
:4wiifit:RIN
:4falcon:Souther
:4fox:Shogun
:4mario:Tatsutsuyo, FILIP
:4yoshi:DIO
:4samus:Ridley
:4metaknight:Salena
:4pacman:Abadango
:4tlink:Hayato.
:4lucario:Gomamugicha

Djent

Smash Champion
This tourney is exceptionally stacked even for a Sumabato. Ofc Kanto won't have another Umebura event for another month, hence the cross-regional attendance.

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
I don't know the exact details cuz I can't read Japanese but it seems like there is a championship type event happening for Smash 4 with Umebura on November 29th and Sumabato on December 26th serving as qualifiers. http://tokaigi.jp/gp/game/smashbrothers.html
It's the Tokaigi GP Niconico Championship. Since Umebura and Sumabato are the only qualifiers, entry will be free and the cap set to 320 entrants each, with entrants selected at random in case there are too many people (top 32 ranked and staff always get in). Top 3 from each tournament advances.

Djent

Smash Champion
Sorry I missed out on seeing this one live. Thanks again to juddy96 juddy96 for his frequent and exceptional translation efforts. I've yet to watch the replays, but a few early comments on the results:
I think it's safe to say that Edge is currently Japan's best :4sheik: (but it's not like there were many who'd contest that after FAT).
Despite beating Rain, Ranai still has a Sheik problem. She's probably :4villager:'s worst MU (or 2nd worst after Rosa).
Speaking of Rain, it's nice to see him placing high again. Abadango is also in good form but drifting further away from :4pacman:
Hayato beating 9B is a bit surprising, but I guess we know who the best :4tlink: in the world is. :shades:
I think there's also a strong argument to be made for Yusan being the best :4duckhunt: player (Brood hasn't done much recently).

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Sorry I missed out on seeing this one live. Thanks again to juddy96 juddy96 for his frequent and exceptional translation efforts. I've yet to watch the replays, but a few early comments on the results:
I think it's safe to say that Edge is currently Japan's best :4sheik: (but it's not like there were many who'd contest that after FAT).
Despite beating Rain, Ranai still has a Sheik problem. She's probably :4villager:'s worst MU (or 2nd worst after Rosa).
Speaking of Rain, it's nice to see him placing high again. Abadango is also in good form but drifting further away from :4pacman:...
Hayato beating 9B is a bit surprising, but I guess we know who the best :4tlink: in the world is. :shades:
I think there's also a strong argument to be made for Yusan being the best :4duckhunt: player (Brood hasn't done much recently).
Aba used his three characters pretty evenly today. He used Rosa vs. Komorikiri and J!. He used MK vs. J!, Hayato, and Ranai. And he used Pac vs. Aki and Yusan

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Speaking of Rain, it's nice to see him placing high again. Abadango is also in good form but drifting further away from :4pacman:
Sheik is definitely not as bad as Rosa. Many Villagers actually think Sheik is very doable (some are as optimistic as saying it's even, but I think that's pretty naive). Maybe Ranai's aggressive style gives Sheik players an easier time. I wanna see him face a good Pikachu, so we can get a better idea of that MU.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
That actually makes me wonder why Abadango didn't opt to use Rosalina against Ranai instead of MK.

As for ZSS, MJG said that ZSS mains are actually starting to think Villager wins the MU lol. I guess they saw Nairo get bodied by Ranai in the crew battle at FAT and got scared (rightfully so).

juddy96

Smash Lord
Unfortunately the next Umebura isn't until November 29th, the next Sumabato isn't until December 26th, and there are no dates for the next Karisuma or Shulla-bra. Looks like this thread will be mostly deserted for the next month :urg:

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
EDIT: I uploaded Shulla-bra results as completely as I could manage. I could only find finished brackets for the first two events.

EDIT 2: Never mind, I found brackets for III & IV via Japanese Smash Twitter™, so I'm all caught up now.

Also old news at this point, but I found old Karisuma results here and uploaded a missing WiiU tournament.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
The updated list of Japanese players for GENESIS 3:

Registered

Earth :4pit:
Nietono :substitute:
Kei :4ryu:
RIN :4wiifit:
FILIP:4mario:
Ryuji
Lucia
Ayuha
eSR | Rom
el

Deconfirmed

Choco :4zss:
Brood :4duckhunt:
Kirihara :rosalina:
Saiya:4falcon:
Hayato.:4tlink:
Edge:4sheik:

Djent

Smash Champion
As exciting as the list of confirmation list is, I'm really bummed about some of the absent players. No Saiya or Hayato. really sucks.
I did not realize Kei mained :4ryu: now. It's probably a good decision on his part since :4miibrawl: will forever be in a contentious place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom