• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan - Hope (Falco) vs Serac (Marth) Bombsoldier fans, watch this!

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea if this was posted before but I didn't see this match posted here yet. (Sorry if it was)

This falco is really good, so I wanted to show it. It is from the same person who uploaded the recent bombsoldier match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZjS6WZ-ZS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wRuyRiQkA

It was uploaded by him a couple of days ago.

I would especially like DaShizWiz to see this video.

Now THIS is a very bombsoldier-ish falco. ^^ and it looks like a another smart one as well.

Just wanted to share it because I think this falco deserves some talk/notice =P

lengeta

Smash Ace
Wow, very nice Falco. Not the best Marth, but still pretty good, and the Ness was good too. I didn't know Falco's blaster canceled Ness's recovery either, that's nice to know.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
did u say that there r new bombsoldier vids? correct me if im wrong. and the falco does own.

ZJAG

Smash Rookie
Nice Falco he played very kool. wish i could play as him ='(

i just like the shine to jump cancel grab. that was cool.
he does too many predictible shuffles at people.

but just to avoid a fight, yes, hes not a bad falco.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I hate falco players because they are either too technical or too good.

This one is only technical, which is sad because Ness vs Falco is usually ****, but this guy manage to loose 3 stocks against a "slow god **** easy to kill" character. It should have been "first stock combo" x4 against any other good player.

Same goes for the first vid, he just kept on SHFFLing Marth shield and gets ridiculously predictable, but his opponent didn't seemed too bright neither, stoping his chainthrow by FRONT throwing a fastfaller.

Yeah, japanese aren't always good... he's just fast. Bombsoldier actually had mindgames.

The Newb

Smash Ace
... stoping his chainthrow by FRONT throwing a fastfaller.
If they're concerned about which direction they're going to DI to get out of the throws, chances are they will miss the tech and be set up for a tipper w/ bad DI. It's all about the mindgames.

If they're concerned about which direction they're going to DI to get out of the throws, chances are they will miss the tech and be set up for a tipper w/ bad DI. It's all about the mindgames.

why take a chance with front throw. up throw with marth has to many oppurtunities.
go watch ken play.

ofcourse when you play pc or azen or anyone good, thats when you use things like front throw. i douubt thats what the marth was thinking watching him play. that is a good mindgame, i am not saying that. but even then its rare because, up throw is just hot.

The Newb

Smash Ace
Go watch ken play? I've been watching ken play for three years, I know how good the up throw is. I just thought you were saying breaking a chain throw with a forward throw was stupid in all cases. I play with extremely talented smashers all the time, so maybe I'm just used to thinking at a high level...not a scrubby japanese marth level.

Edit: I agree though, he should have just continued the up throw madness since it was on FD. On platform levels though, take dreamland for example, breaking it early into a f-throw can pay off extremely well.

Wet Fish KO

Smash Rookie
Very nice falco player. Tried to get a bit to cocky towards the end of sencond vid tho lol

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
He was really good, he made that Marth look like Roy.

edit: he doesn't remind me of bombsoldier all that much. his tech skill is certainly nice, but his style seems different.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Lol Lucas, you wanted me to see that video? :chuckle:.

His Falco is really good. I kind of agree with Tarheel though, he has the speed somewhat like Bombsoldier. But the style is kind of different, just a little. But yeah, he reminds me of Bombsoldier as well. Man, I need to put up some new vids to show you the stuff I've been learning. I rescently have been dong the JC'ed Grabs too, for about 2 months now or so.

Nice vid Lucas :chuckle:.

BTW, anyone know a good computer program I should use to record my fights on to it? I need a program but not the device. Anyone can give me a link to a program or something that will have my vid coming out good quality with sounds from the game?

This is an accident post by DaShizWiz on KeepSpeedN's name :mad:.

Get on AIM Lucas, I wanna talk to you.

technomancer

Smash Champion
That ness and marth were both pretty bad lol... I play with a better Ness than that. Neither one could combo.

Shiz - Wax was pretty good with quality options, but it crashes all the fing time. Google it.

Edit - NM that's an editor, you want capture software? FRAPS is prob your best bet.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah I need capture software, what is FRAPS?

I want to play this guy Hope, he reminds me of my Falco kind of. He has nice speed.

Good ****e getting this vid Lucas :chuckle:.

darkshy

Smash Ace
I have to admit that's probably the best Flaco I've seen. I agree he was a little predictable but I could not beat him if I tried.

Tink

Smash Hero
the shine ---->wavedash edge guard is sexyyyyy. i do the same thing, but with a jump <_<. but the wavedash is faster :*(.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait, this style is not like bombsoldiers you may say. I have a theory or a prediction to make.

You forgot that ken's own words (the man who has faught bombsoldier a few months ago) has stated that bombsoldier has new moves and everything.

If hope is another one of those bombsoldier fans, (Which I will make a guess and say he is) then his moves must be identical to the new bombsoldiers. Of course this new talk about the bombsoldier is said to be a "lot" different than the one from JGT.

Look at hope's speed in the beginning when he did the 2 shines in like 0.2 seconds and then did a throw. I think that has got to be THE fastest waveshine (shine, wavedash, shine) I have seen in my life.

Whattya know, that can be how fast bombsoldier is by even manacloud's words. ("Bombsoldier's fingers move 3x faster than PC does") says manacloud. (I still remember him saying that in that bombsoldier vs pc chris topic before)

I just wanted to point that out because I found that speed kind of interesting.
Remember, this is a theory/prediction and it only applies if Hope is a bombsoldier fan. (It may apply even if he isn't but it just makes sense if he looks up to bombsoldier and tries to ditto his speed which he has shown here)

Take another look at that. This makes me want to see BS go at his best!

These moves Hope is busting may also be the new moves bombsoldier does (Or at least identical), since the aerials and such do seem different than all of the other falcos I have been watching. (Like his short hop neutral-air whatever the hell it is and then the sex kick or whatever right after to keep them in air - and the combo continues from there)

Don't take this too seriously I know bombsoldier is being talked about like almost everyday. If anyone agrees feel free to post opinions!

Remember this is a theory/prediction, not a fact!

And thanks dashizwiz. You might agree with this prediction I just made also.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
True true, I think he is really fast. But I need to show you some new vids lol.

I can waveshine so it has sparks too :chuckle:. His falco is mad good. I really like his style. My brother said he plays like me now, because I've been changing up my style.

<3 Lucas.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
The answer to all your questons is: You'll never know (unless you go to Japan yourself).

Also, that Falco's image has been multiplied and heightened simply because the Marth was at a much lower level. Pretty much like the majority of smash videos that air on YouTube.

Take into the account that even a decent Marth would make better decisions then the one's he made. If you were smart, you wouldn't look too much into this videos without more solid evidence.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
that was a very nice Falco!

Obviously I was impressed by him, but I was also particularly impressed with how well the Ness did against him.

Go watch ken play? I've been watching ken play for three years, I know how good the up throw is. I just thought you were saying breaking a chain throw with a forward throw was stupid in all cases. I play with extremely talented smashers all the time, so maybe I'm just used to thinking at a high level...not a scrubby japanese marth level.

Edit: I agree though, he should have just continued the up throw madness since it was on FD. On platform levels though, take dreamland for example, breaking it early into a f-throw can pay off extremely well.
yep, really, both our points make sense!
sorry i guess i mistaked you for a newb....

wait a minute!

Top Bottom