• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan already has a Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BredCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
BredKitty
A Tier:

(Top) Sheik, Yoshi, Rosalina
(Bottom) Greninja, Zero Suit Samus

B Tier:

(Top) Bowser, Lucario
(Middle) Sonic, Fox, Wario
(Bottom) Duck Hunt Duo

C Tier:

(Top) Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Pit, Dark Pit, Little Mac
(Middle) Pac-Man, Peach, Villager
(Bottom) Bowser Jr., Mario, Meta Knight

D Tier:

(Top) Toon Link, Pikachu, Marth, Donkey Kong, R.O.B.
(Middle) King Dedede, Dr. Mario, Charizard, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucina, Jigglypuff, Olimar, Mega Man, Robin
(Bottom) Link, Zelda, Falco, Ness

E Tier:

(Top) Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Luigi, Kirby, Ike, Shulk
(Bottom) Ganondorf, Palutena

Apparently Japan already has a tier list for Smash 4. I think it is pretty bad... what about you, though?

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
They rated Lucario higher than Wario? Hmm...interesting...

I play both quite a bit, and Wario feels better in almost every way. Lucario is just a fun different way to play, thats why i use him (plus he's Lucario, so why wouldnt i use him lol)

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
I'm not convinced. Even though the game has been out for over month in Japan, I still feel like it is too soon to make such a list.

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
I don't believe these early tier lists, obviously they just went with past tier lists considering Kirby is low, he was improved lots in this game.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
'Dorf isn't low tier at all, so that immediately discredits it. I've also met some ridiculous Luigi players for him to be that low

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
I can agree with Sheik, Yoshi, and Rosalina being top tier but I'm not sure about the others.
I mean placing someone like Marth that low? I understand he's not as amazing as he was in melee/brawl but that's a huge change.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Highly disagree. Samus isn't the best, but not nearly that bad. Ah well, early tier lists are always laughably inaccurate. Remember how high Zelda used to be in SSBM? Smash games need a good year or two for the tier list to become accurate.

RubilX15/Josh

Smash Rookie
That is an inaccurate list. Kirby is way better than the bottom tier. He is not close to being the top but he for sure is not near the bottom.

Daytrip

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1289-9366-3729
I barely trust tier lists. Personally I'd choose a character, then look at the tier list, just to see where my character ranks. I wouldn't base my character selection off of the tier list.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I refuse to take any tier list seriously until at least a year after the game has been released.

Spirst

'Dorf isn't low tier at all, so that immediately discredits it. I've also met some ridiculous Luigi players for him to be that low
There'll be great players for each character, even if the character is trash. I don't think that's a strong argument for placement.

That said, this list is a bunch of crap. Way too premature for it to be taken seriously.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
...huh? Pac Man got second in that one tourney though... and Yoshi isn't top tier imo.
this is all based around FD too, I assume?

Daytrip

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1289-9366-3729
There'll be great players for each character, even if the character is trash. I don't think that's a strong argument for placement.

That said, this list is a bunch of crap. Way too premature for it to be taken seriously.
^
Love this guy :D couldn't agree with him more.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Obviously this list isn't absolute and it is far too early to take it seriously. With that being said, I will play the heck out of Wii Fit Trainer and Palutena, regardless of there "tier". If anything, this made me more determined to show their worth. I know they're good. I wish more people were willing to try them out, though.

Last edited:

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
So out of the three characters I use online I get the best results with the lowest placed one. Not that this disproves anything, but I find it hilarious!
Also, how was this list formed? Small tournaments? Pros' judgement?
Oh, the good ol' days when Robin was tipped as SSSSSS and Sakurai dubbed Samus as the best (in a way, he was correct)!
It's interesting to get this kind of lists, but it will fluctuate a lot from now so it's not reliable. Also, Villager not K tier?

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
So Japan has a tier list, or just some random from Japan made a tier list? Gonna need a source.

D

Deleted member

>Pac-Man and Falcon are C-tier, Ness is near the bottom, triple D is in D-tier, Kirby is bottom
I'm having a hard time believing that this is anywhere near accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I laugh at the very thought of my three mains, :4robinm::4lucina: and :4shulk: as being low tier characters. I've dominated SO many online matches with all three characters against those supposed "top tier" characters like Bowser, Greninja and Sheik. Not to mention it is still WAY too early for a proper tier list to be complied given that they take months, if not years to be finalized and created. Besides, even if this tier list was accurate, I'd still continue to use my three mains regardless of where they stand in any tier list.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Shulk and Robin should be at the top...
Kirby E?! HAHAHHAA!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ganondorf being so low must be a kneejerk reaction of him not being Melee 'dorf...because I've seen people do insane stuff with him. And I think Megaman could be much higher, I recently saw a match that turned around all my previous perceptions on Megaman's viability, and the reason so many people are saying he's bad must be because they're thinking he's a long-range character...he's actually a medium range character.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Ha, Luigi.
I would like to kick the crap out of who ever made this with Luigi.
I was also surprisingly good with Falco and Mega Man.

This is bull****.

greenfield

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5155-3332-7260
Falcon seems low to my (biased) eyes. He's got solid 15%+ combos on the majority of the cast with dthrow into uair.

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Dk and link so low? They must not have played a good one at all (yep both mains) I agree with rosalina and that yoshi Bruh

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Kirby deserves higher too. "Oh noes, he's not just like 64 Kirby! He must be as bad as his Melee incarnation!" Lolnope.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I am thinking they didn't use custom moves, either. Where are Mii fighters? And Palutena is much better than people are letting up, as well as most of that E tier. But whatever, it is still too early.

RogerWazup007

Smash Cadet
Palutena does seem weak. I'm surprised that Lucina is placed as a tier below Marth, but I haven't played them enough yet to tell much of a difference other than Lucina's lack of a sword tip buff.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
A Tier:

(Top) Sheik, Yoshi, Rosalina
(Bottom) Greninja, Zero Suit Samus

B Tier:

(Top) Bowser, Lucario
(Middle) Sonic, Fox, Wario
(Bottom) Duck Hunt Duo

C Tier:

(Top) Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Pit, Dark Pit, Little Mac
(Middle) Pac-Man, Peach, Villager
(Bottom) Bowser Jr., Mario, Meta Knight

D Tier:

(Top) Toon Link, Pikachu, Marth, Donkey Kong, R.O.B.
(Middle) King Dedede, Dr. Mario, Charizard, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucina, Jigglypuff, Olimar, Mega Man, Robin
(Bottom) Link, Zelda, Falco, Ness

E Tier:

(Top) Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Luigi, Kirby, Ike, Shulk
(Bottom) Ganondorf, Palutena

Apparently Japan already has a tier list for Smash 4. I think it is pretty bad... what about you, though?
Dang Falco got nerfed hard. Fox is ok. Hey looks like Meta Knight isn't banned any more.:4metaknight:

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
The game is still very much new, I feel like tier lists should be taken with a grain of salt.

Also that Ganon bottom 2 does not make any sense to me whatsoever.. I wonder what kind of meta they have going on over there right now.

And of course these are 3DS tier lists, when the Wii U version lands there could be a completely diff. tier list for that version as well.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Don't these tier lists also go by tournaments and who places better against who? Unless these japanese folks have been having 24/7 tournaments for the past three weeks, I'm a little skeptical (also we're missing the wii u version soooo...). However based on what I've seen, I buy the top tier characters but Duck Hunt should be higher tier than that.

At least Ganondorf has a new friend to join him in bottom tier :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom