• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I tried chain grabbing lucas once, he got destroyed. I used to never chain grab him, but man, does it make the match up a lot better.

maggot447

Smash Cadet
Hey, I am maggot447! Been playing since 64 and got into PM when I found out my local game store had a scene for it. Hoping to go to some other tourney's and not suck.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I started going to tourneys and pretty much get eliminated immediately (still do most of the time). I can win some friendlies now, though, so there's that.

maggot447

Smash Cadet
Hey, I started going to tourneys and pretty much get eliminated immediately (still do most of the time). I can win some friendlies now, though, so there's that.
The local tourney I just did, I ended up in 3rd(8 entries). We got a decent ROB(mistereric if you have heard of him) around here, and I will find out how to beat him consistently; which I look forward to when I do!

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god I just posted something slightly against Ridley being in Smash 4 in the Ridley forum and got 5 or 6 replies arguing with me in 30 seconds. Not recommended.

At least I made it out...

maggot447

Smash Cadet
Oh my god I just posted something slightly against Ridley being in Smash 4 in the Ridley forum and got 5 or 6 replies arguing with me in 30 seconds. Not recommended.

At least I made it out...
I try to never be a troll on the internet, but that sounds a fun thing to do!

Ridley would suck in Smash. Everybody else is dumb
DON'T YOU DARE MAKE FUN OF MY RIDLEY!!!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If anything it's Sakurai's fault for making him human sized in the Melee intro video. Now "too big for smash" is a running gag.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Good for you, that will never happen, and im happy because of that.

maggot447

Smash Cadet
I have one friend that keeps telling me that he hopes he gets his own move set in 4. I hope that doesn't happen, but I am sure Sakurai could make it work if it did happen.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
That's the people from the clone engin thread for you. They want Ganon to become another swordman or whatevs when they barely play the character at all.

Also I'm seconding Kailex when he says that you shouldn't expect Ganon to look like his Melee self. I mean Brawl came out after Melee, and PM isn't an official game, so if anything he'll look like his Brawl self. A lot of people tend to forget that.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i honestly full expect them to change ganon almost completely in smash4. it should be interesting.

and everytime someone posts up that damned triforce hack modpack i want to slap them >: /

maggot447

Smash Cadet
That's the people from the clone engin thread for you. They want Ganon to become another swordman or whatevs when they barely play the character at all.

Also I'm seconding Kailex when he says that you shouldn't expect Ganon to look like his Melee self. I mean Brawl came out after Melee, and PM isn't an official game, so if anything he'll look like his Brawl self. A lot of people tend to forget that.
I don't want him to be the exact same(I said similar). If his physics feel similar, I would be happy. I played Snake in Brawl, and that was because he felt the most like melee Ganon, to me at least. He felt too heavy for me to enjoy in Brawl though.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
i honestly full expect them to change ganon almost completely in smash4. it should be interesting.

and everytime someone posts up that damned triforce hack modpack i want to slap them >: /
I love the Triforce mod... It's only for fun anyway not to replace PM Ganon. Just a fun add-on to have Ganon with a more canon moveset one sword based one magic based.

And since the guy who makes it is in the PMBR maybe they can borrow ideas from it that would apply well to PM Ganon.
For example; his Triforce wizard mode down B - the OoT ground punch can translate very nicely into a new Neutral B. Than his current Neutral B can become a new F-smash animation. Just an idea...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, out of area tourneys may as well be oos. heading out of dallas? yeah, that's practically oos for me.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
there'll be plenty ;x

where're you going to school at? there's a good scene at unt, oracle's at utarlington, and there're some smashers who do stuff regularly at utdallas.

not to mention our really consistent regular scene stuff.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
cool. i'm not terribly far from smu, though i don't have much free time. even less once school starts ;x but yeah, that area's not too far from arlington or ft worth (about 30 in both directions). you're actually about 30 away from EVERYWHERE for better or for worse : p

and if you know of awestin, he actually lives pretty close. probably 10 minutes from there?

GeZ

Smash Lord
Just had something tragic happen. I was standing right in front of Sheik, tried to grab, and Sheik avoided it by stocking needles. The lean back from stocking needles actually puts Sheik out of grab range. Welcome to hell.

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
Just had something tragic happen. I was standing right in front of Sheik, tried to grab, and Sheik avoided it by stocking needles. The lean back from stocking needles actually puts Sheik out of grab range. Welcome to hell.
Ganon is pain.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
That gif is fundamental proof that the PMBR needs to buff his grab range by a nice amount... So many times I get caught in a combo cause I missed a grab just by a hair... At least as far as his jab would be nice I think.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I imagine in an alternate universe where this forum is actually a place somebody standing outside of the PMBR entrance with that gif on a sign, just holding it up and looking at the back roomers as they go inside. They all just avert their eyes and don't say anything.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Did decently well at our weeky, got 17th our of 58, or largest weekly yet. I keep on having to fight Bidoof round 2, it's so annoying lol. Rip me ;_;
The guy who knocked me out is also a really strong, well known player in our region, so I'm only really loosing to our big players. I'm catching up quick, soon they'll be saying Ganon is OP :p

Well, maybe. Still kinda suck, getting to un-suck pretty quick, anywho >_>

Last edited:
Top Bottom