• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I do. Feel free to ask any question. Oh and install BootMii so you never have to touch a wiimote again.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
(Taken from the Tier List Speculation Thread)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
upload_2014-5-29_8-10-44.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOL

9,001LOLs

Last edited:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Sneak peak of PM 3.1:

"Most of Ganondorf's aerials were pretty terrible, but we gave him something to work with in the next update.

[collapse=Here's his new fair, replacing the barely usable one he had in prior updates]
[/collapse]

[collapse=as well as a new bair, now with even more range than before]
[/collapse]

[collapse=and lastly, a new uair]
[/collapse]

Don't be too hasty in your judgement of these changes. Just let it all soak in and you'll realize that this was really the only thing that could be done to make this character viable."

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Sneak peak of PM 3.1:

"Most of Ganondorf's aerials were pretty terrible, but we gave him something to work with in the next update.

[collapse=Here's his new fair, replacing the barely usable one he had in prior updates]
[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Don't be too hasty in your judgement of these changes. Just let it all soak in and you'll realize that this was really the only thing that could be done to make this character viable."
upload_2014-5-29_18-23-21.png

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Sneak peak of PM 3.1:

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

10/10 post

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Sneak peak of PM 3.1:

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd! i lol'd so heartily!

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I went Marth in that MU and managed to take a stock off Armada both matches.

Ky used Fox and Falco, beat him both games with Ganondorf.
Played ThePhenominalEE who used Falco game 1 then Marth game 2, beat him both times with Ganondorf.
Played an Olimar player, forgot the tag, with Marth game 1 then Ganon game 2. Lost both. It was pretty late that last match and I was not on point, I got super impatient and got punished for it. Plus I never played Olimar before. It's aight though. His next match was against a Falco player and I'm pretty sure I would've won that MU. For some reason I wreck non top level spacies with Ganondorf.

I challenged Ally to a bo5 money match and took a game off his Ike with Ganondorf. I jabbed him out of quick dash a bunch of times, it was really funny. And Ike's up B is actually pretty easy to stomp. I learned a lot about Ganon this tournament, I'll share my thoughts in the relevant threads later.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I challenged Ally to a bo5 money match and took a game off his Ike with Ganondorf. I jabbed him out of quick dash a bunch of times, it was really funny. And Ike's up B is actually pretty easy to stomp. I learned a lot about Ganon this tournament, I'll share my thoughts in the relevant threads later.
If you've got any tips on playing Ally specifically, I'd love to hear them, since I'm bound to play him at some point or other.

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Ally really loves grabs and taking you to the air.

Also did anyone catch Vex and Gunblade's double Ganon team? Double Ganon is actually a pretty awesome team. Their stage control with their huge hitboxes is amazing and they combo off each other so terrifically. Also, because Ganon is such a heavyweight, sometimes they can actually safely hit each other and use that extra momentum for better positioning! I think my and my cousin are gonna go double Ganon at our monthly this sat.

Last edited:

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Sneak peak of PM 3.1:

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Sir, you are a genius.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Today I witnessed someone get annihilated by not one, but two stomps offstage. It was glorious.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Sorry I won't, living in France johns. On the plus side, I go to my first PM tournament since forever this week end, and I'll go full Ganon ofc.

MACKU

Smash Rookie
First post — just dropping in to say hello to my fellow worshipers of The Gandy Man. I will likely be at CEO this weekend. Maybe I'll bump into some of you.

Also just wanted to give a quick shoutout to the community here. Reading your posts has helped me improve my play, and I look forward to making my own contributions to our Ganon database.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Also just wanted to give a quick shoutout to the community here. Reading your posts has helped me improve my play, and I look forward to making my own contributions to our Ganon database.
True story. Awesome bunch here, and its clear we all love the character.

I mean, we do because he is the best. Keep your top tier, your projectiles and your shines. You'll just never feel the joy that is... The Stomp.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Give the Dorf a good showing at CEO. If I wasn't going to Evo, I'd go to CEO. Maybe next year.

Also, our weekly brought in 90 entrants last night. Which is crazy, because the week before we got 70, and that was our record! Scored top ten with the Dorf. Got to fight Mattdotzeb, really jank match and we decided to take game 2 to Saffron City. When it gets uploaded to youtube I'll post it for the lulz. So far I've been undefeated in sets against spacies in tournament, but that unfortunately changed last night ): I did bring him to last stock both games though. That was my first time playing a high level spacie. Next time I play MDZ I can definitely win, and then I'll probably be ready to write a somewhat in depth analysis of Ganon vs Falco.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Congrats and good luck for EVO, ****'s gonna be hype.

Did you manage to use Utilt at all ? I know this move is the bane of a Falco player I often fight, but I wonder if it works at higher level.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I completely forgot about that move in that match. I did use it a bunch of times in tournament with interesting success though, especially to trip up people that would try to approach me with empty hops or extremely delayed aerials. Also to edge guard people that didn't sweet spot, since the leg is entirely intangible.

Last edited:

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Not just a melee-dorf, but a bad future-supped up melee-dorf. Including something closer to the ROYAL MULLET OF EBIL.

PMBR, take all of my money. Wait, this is still free?

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm back! *gasping for air*
My Computer broke, but I'm finally back !

Greenskinned, brick faced, somewhat overweight Ganon will always have a place in my heart. another amazing job by the pmbr, hopefully we get some of the tweaks we've been hoping for along with this.
Looking Sexy Dorf!
Though, for some reason, i'm feeling like his feet are a little small. *shrugs* iunno.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Question ya'll, out of all the versions of Project M, which version of Ganon is considered the best?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Dont know if youre joking but arent we on 3.02

Edit: nvm me im silly, understood it wrong

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
That alt looks amazing! I prefer the TP look but it's nice to alternate with :)

Also is it me or did Warlock Punch seem faster in that video? I doubt they showed any moveset changes in that vid but I can swear it seemed faster... Please tell me I'm wrong so I can get this idea out of my head lol

CORY

wut
BRoomer
needs more bulge.
i want to pause and zoom in and out on it and make people feel uncomfortable.
i want to be able to get different angles and lighting on it ensuring that they don't ignore Ganon's girth.
truer words have never been spoken.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Got 13th out of 44 in a weekly today. Not bad, but I could've done better. Lost a set to someone I really shouldn't have lost too, I had it but then I SD'd twice in a row :facepalm:

Ah well, still pretty good. There's always next week.

Top Bottom