• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

GeZ

Smash Lord
I meant that it could punish other characters and turn them around like the cape, in function. Like how Mario can mess with recoveries and reflect projectiles.

But in regards to that, that sounds good. Like a power-shield but quicker and easier. Can't wait to see how it all works.
Nah, that'd be pretty silly. It's just a reflector.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Why guys? Why can't I hold all this hype?

I am literally going to spend a couple hundred bucks to get a Wii U and adapters for GC controllers -just- so I have a console at my own home once more to indulge in the new greatness that will be 3.5 Dorf. Silly? Probably. Worth it anyways.

And to top it off, the alt outfit is hype as hell. I legit am not even sure what is left to ask for Dorf, if anything. I mean, reflector is nice obviously, but that float. I mean, its not even just a float. Its really important to realize it is, unique to him, an EXTRA B with all that entails. At most, I would only wish for aerial down-b to have less landing lag, so I can just float and dive lack an a-hole at will. Probably would be broken pressure just from the rage it would induce, however.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys I just thought about what happens when Kirby inhales Ganondorf now? Does he also get a reflector/hover? Or another special move like Lucas?

Last edited:

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Kirby getting the hover... that'd be one of the wonkiest things. Would he even actually ever leave the air? Between his own floats, being floaty on hit, and hovering... yeah.

I want to see this now.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Kirby getting the hover... that'd be one of the wonkiest things. Would he even actually ever leave the air? Between his own floats, being floaty on hit, and hovering... yeah.

I want to see this now.[/quo

I want to see this now.
Yeah it would be wonky as hell lol.

What if he gets Flame Choke or... gasp... "The Ganon Train" that would be cool as heck to see as well.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Why guys? Why can't I hold all this hype?

I am literally going to spend a couple hundred bucks to get a Wii U and adapters for GC controllers -just- so I have a console at my own home once more to indulge in the new greatness that will be 3.5 Dorf. Silly? Probably. Worth it anyways.
wat
Why would you get a Wii U to play PM.
The GC adapter won't even work for PM.

Go buy a used Wii.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
What if Kirby keeps the Warlock Punch? o.o

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I will continue to play old manondorf

you whippersnappers, all coming over to ganon now that he can fly, i played him in brawl dagnabit and we didn't even get a positive matchup the whole darn game

you know what that was like, son? seeing your opponent pick sheik, then stare you straight in the face? I tell ya it was like looking into nam again, just the forests of vietcongs throwing needles and ftilts until you just give up and wizkick off stage. you don't know fear, kiddo

oh my.... time for another nap, i guess. dang ol meta knight, zero suit.. their fancy swords and lazers and whatnot... what happened to the good ol days when we just stomped and faired each other? those were good times, I tell you hwat.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
He wants the Wii U so he also gets the benefit of playing project M in HD (since Wii U can upscale) and playing on monitors/hdTVs with reduced lag. I wonder if the homebrew community will write drivers for the GCN adapter.

Also decided to go Ganon in bracket in our weekly for my 3.02 farewell. Ended up beating one of our best players who's won several of our weeklies that's a meta knight main, and a Ness player that I have never beaten in bracket before and I've been playing him as far back as January. Got top 8 for the first time in a long time. My 3.5 future is looking promising.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
This is good.

Very good.

I just hope Zero doesn't come and main him and make a once low tier lovely everyones toy to get first place. Ganons ours bc we love crushing and stomping.

This is the time where false Ganons will be found. The evil king will smell them out

Also thanks @ GeZ GeZ thats some cool ish. I love me some technical stuff like that. It doesn't make his recovery broken, just adds that extra distance where we could make it back with enough mixups, rather then not making it back and get edgegaurded on our one and only approach.

Hmm, the staling applications reek of excitement! Imagine someone trying to edgehog you then you stall with up b and them WAJAM you Up+B them and stage spike them (considering they're poop). Ofcourse, probably very easy to use it up and then not have it for recovery.

Any other differences you can share regarding his other moves? Im really interesting in if Wiz Kick has a better hitbox and isn't his crotch (or knees or whatever)
it'll be like 2.0 ike all over again

If we ever cross paths and have to face ever, let it be known I get the PURPLE GANON ALT
Dibs on red!

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well everyone knew that Ganon needed love, pmbr. But this much is too much, our poor dark hearts can't take it anymore.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
OMG!!!!!!!
That sword taunt attack looks like as strong and slow as Warlock Punch BUT it has a lot more range and disjoint.... Thank you PMDT

Only thing better would've been a stance change that changes a few moves to be sword based. But this is absolutely amazing!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
The sword taunt has me thinking...

Do we have to input the attack button to activate the swing or does it come automatically after he uses down taunt?
I'm guessing we have to input the attack button.
I wonder if we can use this as a nice edge guard, that swing looks mighty long.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Thats so sick!! ive been wrecking my roomates with ganon since 3.5 trailer came out. anyone know what time it comes out ! lol im eastern time zone

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
wat
Why would you get a Wii U to play PM.
The GC adapter won't even work for PM.

Go buy a used Wii.
Welp, that sucks. I actually would get a Wii U for other things as well, just this is a good impetus to get another console. >.>

Not such a winning plan if the GC Adapter doesn't work, though. Sigh.

He wants the Wii U so he also gets the benefit of playing project M in HD (since Wii U can upscale) and playing on monitors/hdTVs with reduced lag. I wonder if the homebrew community will write drivers for the GCN adapter.
Actually didn't even know that. Wow. Would be perfect to see that sword styling at its best.

There seems something so entirely appropriate that we have a sword move, that is basically like an old strong move like Warlock Punch, that is a taunt. Puts that move into quite the perspective...

EDIT: Also, now that I think of it, everytime I see him hover, I think he is about to do the Raging Demon. Ganondorf is new Akuma? (suddenly my new avatar seems twice as appropriate.)

Last edited:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The sword attack is simply activated by continuing to hold D-taunt. You can still do the short little taunt "heh" with a normal press.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
The sword attack is simply activated by continuing to hold D-taunt. You can still do the short little taunt "heh" with a normal press.
Is the hit box on it as big as it seems? Does it hit in front and above (maybe a bit behind?) Ganon?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
It's slower then warlock punch in every smash game, mind you. And you can only activate it in on the ground, presumably because its a taunt.

What does this mean? This move is only for the most disrespectful of Ganons.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
It's slower then warlock punch in every smash game, mind you. And you can only activate it in on the ground, presumably because its a taunt.

What does this mean? This move is only for the most disrespectful of Ganons.
we gotta test it out first, but if the hit box on it is as big as it looks it can be used as an edge guard when the opponent is recovering from afar. Almost like the old Melee/Brawl Up-tilt but slower with more range.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully. You can jump out of it, either way, so you could probably do jump>airdodge in as few frames as you can execute it in. I do wonder if you can airdodge straight out of it, though.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
You know, if they REALLY wanted to watch the salt mines go overtime, they could give us a few startup frames of invincibility on the hover command...

Hover DP anyone?

Top Bottom