• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Bazkip

Smash Master
bruh, Canada is the land of Ganon.

We're considering a name change to Ganonda.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, but we live in the gfw area of texas.

that's the "ganon-forever-winning" area, for those not in the know.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Ganada ... has a nice ring to it. It's also very true, we'll be the Ganon nation.
Fun fact: Warchamp7 plays Ganondorf if you guys didn't know. My friend played him at a tourney a few weeks ago.
;) #power

And there's a difference between complaining about our character and objectively saying where he stands.
It's this objective fact that makes it oh so satisfying to beat people as him. But it also retrains us. I would not care if Ganondorf wasn't changed next version - i'd still main him, but since he is, I'm very happy and anxious to see where we go and how high top level Ganons place.

Fortress

Smash Master
Mongana would be glad to Ganon it up with the rest of you Ganon players. I, for one, love the character. Not sure if that wasn't clear, but I do love Ganondorf. One of my favorite characters.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I think you misunderstand me, I love Ganondorf, I am from the Ganondorf State, my crew has had at least two Ganondorfs in it at any point in time over the past two years. Ganondorf is who I main in Sm4sh.

I was mainly making a Yu Yu Hakusho joke.
To be honest though, Kuwabara is more like Groose than Ganondorf. <.<

Edit: lol, SEE!

Last edited:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Quit arguing about whether your state is THE Ganondorf state. The only thing that matters is that you yourself are in a constant Ganondorf state of being.

You get it? Was that too deep for you?

#triforceofpower
#beonewiththestomp
#onlywizardsallowed
#choketilyoudrop

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
The only constant state Ganon is ever is in ...

is being imprisoned in stone...
or the twilight realm
or in the master sword or something...

Man, no wonder he's so slow - he hardly has time to do Cardio when being cramped up like that!
Atleast he doesn't skip leg day.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's why he's so chubby in Twilight Princess and Brawl. What else can he do? His muscles are clearly there but the Gerudo belly and his face got a little round I daresay....

Like it matters though, I'd hate to imagine Ganon with cardio if this is him without it.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
It's why he's so chubby in Twilight Princess and Brawl. What else can he do? His muscles are clearly there but the Gerudo belly and his face got a little round I daresay....

Like it matters though, I'd hate to imagine Ganon with cardio if this is him without it.
PM 3.5 and OoT Ganondorf ARE coming...

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
All Hail the King

*inserts Breaking Bad Season 5 poster but Walts replaced with Ganondorf*

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's funny how well the face really works with that. Now we just need a large cast of fallen characters on the ground next to him to make it really accurate.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I was playing against this Toon Link, and he dair'd offstage, but I was above him. So I thought, perfect opportunity for a Wiz Foot spike, right?

Wiz Foot into him
Get hit by his dair spike
Die

What the **** is that nonsense

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Ganondorfs spiking hitbox is on his knee I believe, so while you hit him with the knee, he hit Ganondorfs leg.

I rarely throw out the move unless I'm really feeling myself. It's risky business. :/

*Edit: Atleast we have a chest box on Dair. Do we have a head hitbox or only up to his nips?

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You mean a chin hitbox on Dair. But yeah the hitbox on airwizkick is stupid and it's one of the things I hope is fixed in 3.5.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Hey ganon boards. Im from nyc and my tournament tag is Usopp. I got into smash last year and have been playing project m since april. I play alot of characters but Ganondorf just stands out. For some reason i understand him and play him way better then anyone else. And for the past few months have been seeing myself improve and it feels good. I've tried to play other characters i have a decent secondary wolf. But i know who my real main is.

I never chose the dark lord. the dark lord chose me.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Join the club, we got jackets :)

But yeah, I think the more I talk to others and visit other threads, everyone likes Ganondorf. He's pretty simple to pick-up all things considered and it isn't hard to find where he excels. It does, however, take awhile to master his shortcomings. He also is pretty weak in comparison to the rest of the cast because of his lack of approach options. Correlating to his simplicity? Idk.

It is, however, possible to succeed with him. Where I'm from (Ontario ... which is extension, Canada), there are many people who play Ganondorf, and you can tell there are Ganons who are weaker there are a few, like myself, who are stronger. I'm no Vex but I like to think I'm decent :)

Actually, anyone else notice the Ganon cycle?

User picks up Ganon bc he looks fun --> Beats friends with him at first --> Beat people at tourneys with him at first --> People learn him -->Friends and people at tourneys crush him --> He slowly becomes harder to play --> The love you once had dissipates --> Moves on to better character

I've noticed people stop playing him and move on, he's a good transitional character, but for peeps like us he's our one and only :( / :)

I love him.

Edit: I want to be able to edit this thread cause that title is itching my grammatically correct bone I NEED CAPITALS IN MY TITLE. Also, why is it janon?

Last edited:

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Ganon boots on the front performing a dair (w/electricity and such).

On the back, in purple, "Gerudo Gang".
godlike idea tbh

Also, @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax i feel like im the opposite. Ive played as mario and diddy at tournaments but i always play better as ganon plus it just feels right lol idk i enjoy the challenge

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Any graphic designers in the house?
*half raises hand*

Ish. My brother is a graphic designer and he taught me a ton. And I'm taking a computer graphics class...

Problem is that I'm used to doing things like modifying already existing pictures, not making completely new ones. And I can't draw...

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Someone should find me an up close picture of Ganondorf while performing a d-air in PM. Preferably in the highest resolution possible.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'll get down on this idea. Here's one of my thangs i've done before. Old Spice x Ganondorf

Kind of sloppy here and there but I did this awhile back haha

and @ Usopp Usopp really? Thats good to hear! Ganondorf is a very ... satisfying character. I think that can be agreed on.

Last edited:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I'll get down on this idea. Here's one of my thangs i've done before. Old Spice x Ganondorf

Kind of sloppy here and there but I did this awhile back haha

and @ Usopp Usopp really? Thats good to hear! Ganondorf is a very ... satisfying character. I think that can be agreed on.
Er, uh, I don't see how MY jacket could possibly be improved upon. I'm pretty much the best graphic designer...

...in all seriousness though, I'd love to see a legit design.

Bazkip

Smash Master
video was funny. But I gotta say I found the Jew comment at the end extremely offensive and kinda ruined an otherwise funny video.
Lighten up man, it's supposed to be completely out of nowhere. The video is pretty dumb anyways :p

I'm also Jewish, for what it's worth.

Top Bottom