• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
O.O That moment when you realize for the first time that all of Ganondorf's aerials auto cancel out of short hop...

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Meaning you can short hop and, as fast as possible, put out an aerial attack and have there only be normal landing lag (as if you had jumped and landed without putting out a move) when you land.

You can also full hop -> stomp -> second jump -> stomp and the second stomp will auto cancel meaning you can instantly do something like U-tilt or Wiz Kick upon landing.

EDIT: ^ Very effective on Captain Falcon around 25%.

Last edited:

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
oh gosh, that new hyrule 64 is beautiful : o

shame it's still a bad stage, but that's what friendlies are for!
imagine kirby's tho =O

O.O That moment when you realize for the first time that all of Ganondorf's aerials auto cancel out of short hop...
Wait, F-air autocancels on short hop? You know it never occurred to me to even try that, I just assumed that it didn't. lol
I imagine the timing is probably the same for autocancel-Dairs. Which if it is, then I've just acquired a free skill without having to level up. =D

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
imagine kirby's tho =O

Wait, F-air autocancels on short hop? You know it never occurred to me to even try that, I just assumed that it didn't. lol
I imagine the timing is probably the same for autocancel-Dairs. Which if it is, then I've just acquired a free skill without having to level up. =D
Yeah, it's the same timing as the auto-canceled d-air. It's so hilarious to watch Ganondorf f-air after f-air after f-air in the same spot without any landing lag.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
the heck, fair doesn't auto cancel out of a short hop, unless yore talking about ledge canceled fairs

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Are you guys fast falling it? Cuz it doesn't work if you fast fall it. And you also have to input the f-air as fast as possible once you initiate the jump.

Other than the above things, I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you guys... I was doing it all day today...

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Fair does in fact auto cancel off of SH. You have to a rising one frame perfectly and not FF it. It's just enough that you land the auto cancel on the last possible frame - you can't waveland it.

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Fair does in fact auto cancel off of SH. You have to a rising one frame perfectly and not FF it. It's just enough that you land the auto cancel on the last possible frame - you can't waveland it.
I don't think it's like a 1 frame input window (I was able to do it pretty consistently after 5 seconds of practice), but yeah, you have to be pretty fast about inputting the f-air.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Without ff it makes sense, I should really bring up my pm ganon again, didnt play pm since sm4sh came out

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Same here Kailex.
I also confirm that Fair indeed autocancels out of a SH. The timing is the strictest of all the aerials tho, and it hits too high to be really practical, but it works very good as an anti air.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I also went to Melee weekly, expected to do terribly due to attempting to do things that only work in PM. While I did screw up a ton I somehow managed to place 9th. wut.

I don't even play this game how do I outplace a bunch of actual Melee players.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I don't think it's like a 1 frame input window (I was able to do it pretty consistently after 5 seconds of practice), but yeah, you have to be pretty fast about inputting the f-air.
Yeah, I take that back. Just went over and looked at the frame data thread and found that it is in fact a 1 frame input window. It's gotta be the easiest 1 frame input technique I've ever done.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Kage commented on this on Facebook saying "Beautiful read" for this video of me.

Is it weird that I'm somewhat fanboy squeeing right now? :lol:

Last edited:

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
Is there a Skype group for Ganon discussion? I vaguely remember one being tossed around, but I didn't see a thread for it.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh wait
Additionally as a result of the independent button press coding, DACUS now has the same window whether the Up-Smash is inputted with Attack or Grab, a welcome addition to those of us who do so with Z.
I swear that wasn't there the first time I read through it, but anywho, that means if we used Z to DACUS then the window is still the same. So not that bad I guess...

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I also went to Melee weekly, expected to do terribly due to attempting to do things that only work in PM. While I did screw up a ton I somehow managed to place 9th. wut.

That's nearly the same thought process i went through when i took 3rd at the ChaosZ melee tourney a month or two back.

Spralwers

Smash Ace

I was one set short of making it out of R1 pools in melee at TBH4, same exact thoughts went through my head lol

Bazkip

Smash Master
I gotta stop choking so much it's the worst thing, lost two games today that I was winning the whole time. One of them costed me the set ;_;

I need to choke less and flame choke more.

Purple Stuff

Smash Cadet
For the Texas Homeboy:

I see there are a number of G's from the lone star republic. I'm wondering how many of you all hit up netplay. Would there be any interest in starting up weekly practice sessions online? I don't play against people as much as I would like. My circle of friends aren't as into the whole thing as they are hitting the bars, and I usually have trouble finding players online around my location. Plus, the ones I do find either stomp a brotha out or the opposite.

We could just open up a chat on Anther's Ladder and meet up there. We'll keep it underground. Start up the Ganon-illuminati chapter, watch and spar each other, hit young god status, then come through and blow up the spot. The Big Take Over. They won't see it coming.

Thoughts?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm very excited for 3.5 Ganondorf! Really want to see all the tweaks and changes we got. And although I'm confident we are getting a better grab range be it vertical/horizontal or both. The new shield SDI is gonna help tremendously with grabbing out of sheild. And even try and avoid grabs depanding which way we decide to SDI. This is very exciting for me!

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
For the Texas Homeboy:

I see there are a number of G's from the lone star republic. I'm wondering how many of you all hit up netplay. Would there be any interest in starting up weekly practice sessions online? I don't play against people as much as I would like. My circle of friends aren't as into the whole thing as they are hitting the bars, and I usually have trouble finding players online around my location. Plus, the ones I do find either stomp a brotha out or the opposite.

We could just open up a chat on Anther's Ladder and meet up there. We'll keep it underground. Start up the Ganon-illuminati chapter, watch and spar each other, hit young god status, then come through and blow up the spot. The Big Take Over. They won't see it coming.

Thoughts?
I'd be down, but my computer can't handle dolphin/PM. Is online on Wii an option?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'm very excited for 3.5 Ganondorf! Really want to see all the tweaks and changes we got. And although I'm confident we are getting a better grab range be it vertical/horizontal or both. The new shield SDI is gonna help tremendously with grabbing out of sheild. And even try and avoid grabs depanding which way we decide to SDI. This is very exciting for me!
From hints we've been receiving I feel like he's gonna be really balanced in the next update. Like, you could take him to any fight and only feel limited by your own capabilities, not his.

Ofcouse, he won't be perfect, but from what I'm gathering, he's gonna have better mobility this time around. I'm glad to say I'm a Ganon main :)

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
From hints we've been receiving I feel like he's gonna be really balanced in the next update. Like, you could take him to any fight and only feel limited by your own capabilities, not his.

Ofcouse, he won't be perfect, but from what I'm gathering, he's gonna have better mobility this time around. I'm glad to say I'm a Ganon main :)
I don't think Ganon is really lacking in the mobility department currently. You can get the old manondorf to move pretty stinking fast with wavelands, edge-canceled Wiz Kicks, DACUSs, and wavedashes. But if the PMDT wants to give us more mobility, I don't mind.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't think Ganon is really lacking in the mobility department currently. You can get the old manondorf to move pretty stinking fast with wavelands, edge-canceled Wiz Kicks, DACUSs, and wavedashes. But if the PMDT wants to give us more mobility, I don't mind.
Thats what someone who played a build said. But what you say is true.

I personally hope we get something, anything to make our lives againest projectile users or users who out range us easier. We have to work pretty hard to be mobile, it's not just given to us like, oh idk, Sonic xD

I find edge cancelled wiz-kicks suck. Aerial wiz kicks in general stink unless your opponents off stage and you edge cancel it. Until the hitbox isn't his knees, its a not worthwhile to try and throw out :(

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Thats what someone who played a build said. But what you say is true.

I personally hope we get something, anything to make our lives againest projectile users or users who out range us easier. We have to work pretty hard to be mobile, it's not just given to us like, oh idk, Sonic xD

I find edge cancelled wiz-kicks suck. Aerial wiz kicks in general stink unless your opponents off stage and you edge cancel it. Until the hitbox isn't his knees, its a not worthwhile to try and throw out :(
Ah, you were referring to his inability to get past projectiles effectively and not general mobility. That makes sense. Ganon does struggle in that area.

On edge-canceled Wiz Kicks, I use it mostly as a long range waveland onto (and then off of) a platform. For example, when I'm in the air a ways above a platform, I'll use it to descend in a semi-safe manner as it gives you a spiking hitbox on you and a pop up hitbox on the platform you hit, and, once you edge-cancel it, it gives you the ability to either jump and perform an aerial, drop and perform and aerial, or drop and waveland onto the stage. But, like you said, it generally doesn't work too well as an edge guarding technique as it doesn't have a hitbox on the foot (which will hopefully change in 3.5).

Oh, and I use edge-cancled Wiz Kicks to style on scrubs :awesome:

Last edited:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Whats wrong with you, we ganon mains dont ***** about how bad our character is, we prove to others that ganon is good.
You guys should try out more stuff, I 0-death-ed a fox by forward throw off the stage, edge canceling an aerial wizkick (I got the spike hitbox) and went for a dair.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
...I 0-death-ed a fox by forward throw off the stage, edge canceling an aerial wizkick (I got the spike hitbox) and went for a dair.
*applauds*

That sounds beautiful.

Now that you mention it, though, I do seem to remember spiking a Fox's recovery a while back with an edge-cancled Wiz Kick... Maybe edge-cancled aerial Wiz Kicks are particularly effective against Fire Fox? I'll definitely keep that in my bag of "wreck spacie" tricks.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
wiz kick is good if fox/falco recover with side-b and dont sweetspot the ledge

Fortress

Smash Master
Whats wrong with you, we ganon mains dont ***** about how bad our character is, we prove to others that ganon is good.
You guys should try out more stuff, I 0-death-ed a fox by forward throw off the stage, edge canceling an aerial wizkick (I got the spike hitbox) and went for a dair.
I think you misunderstand me, I love Ganondorf, I am from the Ganondorf State, my crew has had at least two Ganondorfs in it at any point in time over the past two years. Ganondorf is who I main in Sm4sh.

I was mainly making a Yu Yu Hakusho joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom