• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Smashfests again

Pritch

Smash Lord
Figured I should update this since it's no longer the beginning of summer vacation (who'd have thought). With Camo and his peoples playing more regularly now I think we have enough people coming to these to justify publicizing them again.

Info and stuff:

We play regularly on Saturday at 2:00 in the unf gameroom, with the exception of if there's a tournament or somthing like that happening that weekend or some other random other event (and I'll post up if I'm personally not going to be coming, hopefully others will do the same). The place is pretty easy to find - if you came in from Kernan just take a right at the light, turn into the second parking lot on the left, and park in front of the small grassy area on the right side of that lot - the gameroom's on the right side of that green. If you came in St Johns then just take a right at the light, go straight through the kernan light and refer to the stuff about coming in from kernan. Parking isn't an issue on the weekends as UPD doesn't check tags then.

Here's the address if you need to mapquest your way to campus:
11800 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Fl, 32224

Bring some cash in case we run a small tournament (think $5-10 so that there's a bit of a pot) and we may end up ordering pizza or chinese or somthing, so allow for that. If we end up moving out of the gameroom into another location, which may happen since technically we're not supposed to run cash tournaments in there then I may need people to provide additional TVs and/or cubes, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Boo at me being the only one posting in this thread.

Anyways, couple new guys showed up last week and we had ourselves some pretty good games. I'll see everyone next week.

Manko, when do you hit town?

jamz

Smash Journeyman
im home for summer so ill make it to this comin saturday (june 3rd) and prolly many others since i live across the ditch in PV

Pritch

Smash Lord
Man, good **** today. Big turnout, a couple of new people, lots of good games, etc.

I don't know if we'll be doing anything next week since a bunch of us may be headed down to the gigabits tournament next weekend. More on that later this week.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Oh, and penguin, check your PMs. You left us with no contact info so that we could figure out who's riding with who, how to get to your place if we go, etc.

Cire

Smash Cadet
Yes that was the best smashfest we had in a long time, and pritch could you let us no when the next smashfest will
thanks jamz for all those tips ill be sure to work on them

penguin hardcore

Smash Cadet
im asking my boss off for this saturday tomorrow, and he should let me.

Ill be getting off work at about 5 that friday, and leaving around six.

Im staying friday night at my place, and depending on how long the tourny is, either heading back late sat, or early sun.

my Aim is Penguin hardcore

Drop me a Pm or send me an im to anyone intrestsed in riding down.

P.s. a couple of bucks for gas would also be greatly appreciated.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
ohhh by the way, i plan to do doubles even though i believe ill be throwing my money away, so if any of u wants/needs a partner. ;)

penguin hardcore

Smash Cadet
Jamz, and anyone else who wants to come need to IM me soon so we can work out some details.

This sounds like its going to be a decent sized tourney, and theres going to be a smashfest the night before at the apartments next to mine.

AIm: Penguin Hardcore

p.s. id be glad to double with you jamz if its just you and I

xFaDeX

Smash Rookie
hey I was wondering if I could get directions from I-95 im from camden county, Ga but would still like to play with some smashers. Thanks in advance

jamz

Smash Journeyman
huh xfad im not sure i know the directions but use mapquest.com that should help you out. that will give you everything you need to know. just for the final destination on the website put the intersection of J Turner Butler Blvd and Kernan Blvd and follow what pritch posted on the first post to find the gameroom. i had trouble finding the gameroom on my first visit so maybe we will give you an address to help you some more.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
pritch man we need to smash were the hell do u live. dont make me find you, cause i will. :) i am gonna be bored as hell this summer if i dont get more chances to play... ohh and bring those archangels who think they own life ;)

P.S. i think ive taken over your thread. LOL :chuckle:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Couple things.

First of all, I'm going to try to be in gainsville for Get Committed next week, so I'm probably not going to be here for any smashfest that we do on saturday. Not saying that you guys can't do somthing then, of course, but I probably won't be organizing anything. That said, anyone who's interested in coming along can toss me some cash for gas and you get a ride (please, I wants the gas monies :ohwell:).

Second of all, I've heard some people talk about changing this from saturday to some non-weekend day. I'd be down for this, but there's a couple of things to be aware of. The first and most important one is that UPD checks for parking passes during the week (though they may not at night - I'll look into this if people are interested). This means $3.00 day passes for those who aren't already in possession of a UNF parking decal - aka most of you. As for days to do it, I'm free on monday and tuesday evenings (though on tuesdays I'm tired as **** since I open at work and thus usually am badly sleep-deprived all day), all day thursday except for a block from 5:00 till 6:00, and friday till probably around 6:00 PM. Post up here if you want to change or stay the same, when you're free, etc.

Also, I edited the first post to include the campus address for people who need to mapquest their way to campus, hopefully that'll help people out.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm back in Jacksonville now, so if Pritch or anyone else wants to play me sometime send me a PM or AIM me. I live across from Sandalwood Highschool off St. John's near Beach Blvd, so it's only like 5 miles from UNF.

*edit*: Concerning moving the tourney during the week rather than weekend, I can't really say which would be better for me since I've just gotten into town and haven't found a job yet. I'd assume it's easier for most people to meet on Saturdays though. Plus the whole parking permit thing could be troublesome.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
i know manko and pritch are goin to g-ville tomorrow to try and own life. good luck to u guys i wish i could accompany u and help represent JAX but ive got work later that night.

as to anyone who wants to play on saturday, i may be able to get there for a couple of hours but its highly umlikely. till tomorrow

jamz

Smash Journeyman
its not lookin good for me to come and smash. pretty busy today with **** to do. i do wanna play though however before next weekend... SAVII (cough) ...

Pritch

Smash Lord
Yeah, we need to get some games in before the weekend, as well as just sitting down and figuring out plans for the trip. PM or AIM me - I'm pretty sure everyone has my info now - and let's get something worked out.

James, could you PM me your phone number or somthing? You're on aim so infrequently that getting up with you can be a *****. PMing you and hoping you log on at a halfway relevant time only gets us so far.

Oh, and for anyone not already aware, at the momentat least manko, jamz, possibly vic, and I are planning to be going to smash aid, so probably no smashfest on saturday unless others want to organize somthing.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
pritch i PM u my cell so we can play. but how did gainesville go? pritch? suki?

SAVII ...(have u seen whose coming) ... waste of my money...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You'll still go right James? We have to unleash our secret team weapon!

We did decent at Gainesville... I need to practise against your space animals more though. Speed > Samus.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
hell yea im still goin, ill blow some money to play wes, mike g, chillin, etc... yea space critters are *******s no doubt about it. are we playin tomorrow/wednesday? i can play after 4 pm so if thats good post here or pricth can call me. and hows the trip to hotlanta lookn?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah I'm down to play today. I'll head over to the gameroom at 4:00. We'll discuss the trip there.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
so yea, as to when to meet up to leave for SAVII, im gonna be at the gameroom around 8 or 9 am just because that is the only time im gonna be able to get a ride up there from one of my parents. i plan on bringing a sleeping bag and clothes, but i think we should take a setup too. i dont mind bringing a cube and i could bring a TV but its kinda big and i dont have any smaller ones. anywho... couple of questions: when are we leavin? can someone else bring a TV because i wouldnt like to wait outside with one for too long but i will if needs be (and if so i dont have the cable input for video and audio, i have the yellow, red, and white cord so if ur TV requires it ull need to bring that hook up) ? is the gameroom opened that early so i can chill in there as i wait for u guys?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I don't think we're bringing a TV - we've got to fit 4 people and our stuff in the car (exarch is riding up and maybe back with us if you didn't know already). I have a decently big trunk, but I don't want to push our luck. The plan atm seems to be to meet/leave at 10:00 in the morning over at the gameroom - hopefully that doesn't put you waiting for us too long. If you are though, waiting outside isn't an issue as the gameroom's open from 8:00 on, though since you're not a student you won't be able to check anything out (shouldn't be an issue since if you have your own **** you can still use the consoles as long as you don't advertise that your'e not a student). See you tomorrow, man.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Well guys, SAVII was a blast, but I think we've finally hit a weekend where there's not a tournament somewhere to go to, so unless there's objections I'm pretty sure we'll be playing at the gameroom on saturday like normal. See you guys there.

Cire

Smash Cadet
ok we will be there most likely for this and hopeful we can have a tournament

jamz

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to meet a little earlier, say noonish. guess what i have to do later on saturday. comeo on, i bet u guys cant guess... nope, i have to work (a real shocker huh.) god i swear they got me 5 days a week. but i dont have to go in till 7 pm so i can leave UNF for work around 6ish. that will give us enough time for a tourney. right? if noon is good for everyone else than sweet lets do it. if not ill still show. dont know if i can enter tourney.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
noon is fine by me.

since this is my first UNF weekly, are there ussually teams as well or just singles? If there's teams, want to do our Fox/Ness one Jamz? :chuckle:

jamz

Smash Journeyman
ness/fox will own the gameroom if u know what i mean manko ;)
but im not sure if well do teams, depends i guess if we get enough people

Top Bottom