• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Texturing - the only thing more painful than rigging. Probably. Maybe.
it's easier to do with a tablet, but I no have one of those

Ugh. This is why I think I'll always just stick with stages for the most part.
sometimes they need texture edits too

Any chance we could get some CSPs for Awakening Marth? I recently installed the Brawl Lucina mod over Marth(Only tried it with PM3.6 so far) but it glitches out(exactly one frame during the landing after up+b causes her to explode, its really weird), so I'd like to try this. I just really like the recolors and would be more than happy to have them over Marth instead of Lucina. I suppose I could use the short hair no mask Lucina CSPs but they're not quite the same. Thanks in advance!
this guy pm'd me a long time ago about some CSPs he made for marth.
if you like it then I can pm you the rest, I won't submit them separately or add to the main upload because I don't know his plans for them.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
@ iwantgames iwantgames sorry if its annoying for me to ask, but how is young Link coming? and is it possible to rig HW Fierce Deity Link and his different Swords?

Taiko

Smash Ace
He answered that not even 10 posts ago.
someone told me that he was going to do some texturing for me, it's apparent now that he's not going to do them. so whenever I feel like learning to texture he'll have some progress.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hello!

First off, I'll quickly introduce myself, I'm jaystring, the dude who started not too long ago doing those smash wii U exports

You can see them here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=30229&Moderated=All

It's my first post, I just made an account on smashboard today.

I first wanted to let know that I think you are doing super cool mods!

People doing quality mods like you, DSX8, project M team and others is what showed me what was possible to do with brawl/project M modding and what gave me the motivation to start doing it as well.

By reading your tread, I've noticed that you intended to maybe stop modding because of the overwhelming amount of work needed to port those Hyrule warrior's model.

I can totally understand that because i've already taken a look at those HW models and they are huge in polycount, like twice the amount that smash wii U models have.

but even with that, I think they are all totally portable to project M, they only need a lot of work.

I love playing project M and I really wanted to import multiple of them in the game eventually so I was thinking, since we are kind of both wanting to do the same thing, maybe we could team up to try and release those hyrule warriors model!?

I'm curious to see if it's something that could interest you or not. I won't mind at all if your not interested, don't worry.

I totally want to do them eventually but doing them alone is a huge and long task and we all have other stuff to do other that modding so I thought maybe it could be more fun and motivating with someone else because it should go much faster.

I've been doing 3D/photoshop for years now so I know pretty much everything that need to be done in 3dsmax to get those model playable in Project M (Optimization, modeling, Rigging, UV mapping, Texturing, etc) and doing mutiple smash wii U models now i'm getting better at understanding brawlbox stuff (making shaders and materials, filesize limits, debugging etc).

Let me know if it's something that could interest you!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Jaystring goodness
Totally cutting in to say that I'm a big fan of the Fire Emblem models you've done.

I think a partnership between you and IWG would be simply amazing, both of you do great work and this way you could likely make the impossible happen with a lot of the mods either one of you have in store.

But that's up to IWG, of course.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hello!

First off, I'll quickly introduce myself, I'm jaystring, the dude who started not too long ago doing those smash wii U exports

You can see them here:

People doing quality mods like you, DSX8, project M team and others is what showed me what was possible to do with brawl/project M modding and what gave me the motivation to start doing it as well.

By reading your tread, I've noticed that you intended to maybe stop modding because of the overwhelming amount of work needed to port those Hyrule warrior's model.

I can totally understand that because i've already taken a look at those HW models and they are huge in polycount, like twice the amount that smash wii U models have.

but even with that, I think they are all totally portable to project M, they only need a lot of work.

I love playing project M and I really wanted to import multiple of them in the game eventually so I was thinking, since we are kind of both wanting to do the same thing, maybe we could team up to try and release those hyrule warriors model!?

I'm curious to see if it's something that could interest you or not. I won't mind at all if your not interested, don't worry.

I totally want to do them eventually but doing them alone is a huge and long task and we all have other stuff to do other that modding so I thought maybe it could be more fun and motivating with someone else because it should go much faster.

I've been doing 3D/photoshop for years now so I know pretty much everything that need to be done in 3dsmax to get those model playable in Project M (Optimization, modeling, Rigging, UV mapping, Texturing, etc) and doing mutiple smash wii U models now i'm getting better at understanding brawlbox stuff (making shaders and materials, filesize limits, debugging etc).

Yeeeaaaaah jaystring to save the day! Good to see you here man. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I was the guy who was trying to get Chrom to work over Roy and probably caused you a headache or two when you first released him haha. Anyway, great to see you here, you're doing awesome stuff, and I would love to see you guys team up to do double awesome stuff.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Hello!

You can see them here:

wow i'm all for it, what a "crossover" it would be :D
btw, i'm the guy who sent you the Wii U Roy CSP pack with the bandanna edited out lol

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hello! Yeah I remember all of you guys!

Please, don't make it sound like I'm a savior or anything. That's not the way I wanted to put it.

I just really want to play project M with those models as much as you guy!

but they are a ton of work

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Hello!

You can see them here:

hay man i like the Roy port you did, i just love roys smash 4 design

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Hello!

You can see them here:

Dear God, You two working together would make you both INVINCIBLE!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hey guys,

I forgot to mentioned that I have stopped work on brawl modding. I am currently failing a class so I think it's best that I put this off until I am at, at least a C. I will do proper replies and stuff then

plz be patience

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
hey guys,

I forgot to mentioned that I have stopped work on brawl modding. I am currently failing a class so I think it's best that I put this off until I am at, at least a C. I will do proper replies and stuff then

plz be patience
School comes first, man. If there's anything I might be able to help with, let me know through a convo (I'm in undergrad but I've had the fortune to be very well educated to this point).

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
hey guys,

plz be patience
Aw man... Really sad to hear that, but as somebody who failed out of college (still wound up at my dream job somehow) I can totally understand. Get your classes together. Me being able to play Hyrule Warriors Zelda sooner isn't worth it haha. Have you considered jaystring's proposal so that you could take more time off? Just a suggestion.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Alright, thanks guys for the patience and positive comments.

J jaystring

-What version of 3ds max do u have?
-Do you have a Skype? (don't have to get one just asking cause it be easier)

and I think that's it for now

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Also, I made a thing! I'm thinking of doing weekly post of models I make since i'm more motivated to work on custom models than brawl mods. So today, I have Mighty No. 9 Beck

can click image to visit DA submission if you feel like commenting or something

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
:o That's beautiful! What program do you use to make these? I was thinking about trying 3D modeling over winter break.
He uses 3DS Max. You can use Blender too, but 3DS Max is just much easier to use (at least to us).

Taiko

Smash Ace
Would you recommend it over Maya? I'm a student so I have access to licenses for a few years for quite a few programs.
From my understanding they can both do similar things, but I personally find Max much easier to understand and use, I don't know enough about Maya.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Both Maya and 3ds Max can be used for 3D modeling and animation, but Maya is more about animation and 3ds Max about modeling.

Blender is also very good, but since most tutorials regarding Brawl modding were done with 3ds Max in mind pretty much nobody here nor in kc-mm uses it.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks guys for the patience and positive comments.

J jaystring

-What version of 3ds max do u have?
-Do you have a Skype? (don't have to get one just asking cause it be easier)

and I think that's it for now
I'm using 3ds max 2011 for model (yeah I know, old version but I like it since all my preset, script and plugins are setup to it and i'm lazy to upgrade) and photoshop for textures

I use 3dsmax 2014 often as well (not when i'm doing mods) and it's basically the same thing as the old version anyway.

I don't have skype at the moment but it could be setup if really needed

Nice Mighty No 9 model!

and to answer others questions, I've used maya as well (a long long time ago) and I always preferred 3dsmax to maya. both are super good programs anyway so you can't go wrong with either of them but, to me, 3dsmax was the most user friendly and plugins and scripts to import game model are always easier to find for 3dsmax them maya I think.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
@modeling tool and stuff - wut taco said, I use 3ds max cause I find it easier to navigate

@beck_model comments - thanks, i'll probably have the finished result posted later next week. want/need to start my next model so I can keep me skills sharp and improve. And do a once a week thingy I said I would do.

J jaystring - Might not be able to work together, I have 2016 and the role-back feature is pretty bad. We can still try but i'm not sure if it will work. Usually have problems when we tried it(smash 3), it's the one thing we hated when transferring max files cause a lot of stuff is lost or messes up.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
J jaystring - Might not be able to work together, I have 2016 and the role-back feature is pretty bad. We can still try but i'm not sure if it will work. Usually have problems when we tried it(smash 3), it's the one thing we hated when transferring max files cause a lot of stuff is lost or messes up.
Can confirm. Roll-back feature also ended up messing a bunch of optimizations I made. Would not recommend.

jaystring

Smash Ace
@modeling tool and stuff - wut taco said, I use 3ds max cause I find it easier to navigate

@beck_model comments - thanks, i'll probably have the finished result posted later next week. want/need to start my next model so I can keep me skills sharp and improve. And do a once a week thingy I said I would do.

I can install 2016 and have both version if needed, it's not really an issue I think.

I know you're working on other stuff right now but if you feel like getting back on Hyrule Warriors stuff or have started HW project that I could help on / finish off / whatever, let me know!

I don't want to force anything and I've got other mod project started anyway so no rush.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I know you're busy with school and such, but just curious but what more needs to be done on HW Zelda?
stuff

Can confirm. Roll-back feature also ended up messing a bunch of optimizations I made. Would not recommend.
didn't know about that

I can install 2016 and have both version if needed, it's not really an issue I think.

I know you're working on other stuff right now but if you feel like getting back on Hyrule Warriors stuff or have started HW project that I could help on / finish off / whatever, let me know!

I don't want to force anything and I've got other mod project started anyway so no rush.
ohtay, will do

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
stuff isn't a joke, stuff is important, you get your ass beat for stuff :p

anyway, I know it's not the mod you guys want but tomorrow I will be finishing up the sonic lost world (sonic link DLC) revamp. he is the only character that is close to completion. just have to do material stuff and visibility stuff, I say tomorrow cause I need to re-get dolphin and the latest pm for testing(huge downloads).

preview of texture as attached file for those interested cuz I no feel like taking and uploading a pic of sonic.

Attachments

Last edited:

His Awesomeness

Smash Rookie
Just to say, iwantgames, I love your work, especially the process to become that itself. Its very inspirational as I want to become a animator and creating my own digital characters. Hope all goes well with your schooling!

Last edited:

HomicidalToaster

Smash Rookie
So uh.....

Now that Project M is gone, and I know you said you wouldn't continue Awakening Roy....
Any second thoughts?

Edit: I would also like to add that even with the leak of the first Awakening Roy costume presented by PM, I think yours greatly outmatches theirs even when unfinished. No harm in not taking up the task however. Just wanted to bring to light a newfound purpose to continue the costume.

Last edited:
Top Bottom