• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's an Event in of itself.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Yo! It's a me! Putting in my two cents and saying that this is a good update, no matter anything anyone else says!

ThatotherLink

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming that "Name" option lets you change profiles, so you can switch to another profile easily if a friend wanted to try, so you don't have to go through several menus. I'm not saying that custom events aren't be a possibility, I just highly doubt that it would have anything to do with that option.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I never really liked Event matches much... but this was a good update, especially considering it feels like Sakurai is starting to wrap up all of the game modes and such. Which means better updates to follow. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This may be the greatest Event Match to think of.

Event: Heroes Unite

HMN Player: Mario or Sonic
Teammate: Sonic (if you chose Mario) or Mario (if you chose Sonic)
Opponent: Giga Bowser
Description: Mario and Sonic face off against Giga Bowser. Can the heroes stop this beast?

Easy: Mario and Sonic have 2 lives, while Giga Bowser has 1.
Normal: All fighters have 2 lives.
Hard: Mario and Sonic have 1 life, while Giga Bowser has 2.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
First update in a long time that's actually made me more excited to play the game instead of just generally being frustrated with the wait. I approve, even if this isn't something very new.

Talendime

Smash Ace
This doesn't necessarily say for sure that King Dedede is a starting character. Even though he IS in the first event, Ganondorf, Pichu, Falco, and Young Link were all featured in event modes, and you could play these events prior to unlocking them.

Fluff

Smash Cadet
im really excited for the events, they seem to be really creative this time around...
as for the 2nd event... Fox vs. Dark fox?

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
yeah.. we kinda of saw that n the stage editor update.

Wonder why he didn't put up the second match?
He put up the three others that are on that screen.

Maybe you have to survive so long against a Fox that has an infinite final smash?
Well, someone did post saying they saw the Japanese magazine with the starting roster in it, and Krystal was there. Maybe Krystal is in that Event, and Sakurai doesn't want to show us yet.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I really liked that 200 hp, it could mean that we could customize to have more stamina in stamina mode ^_^

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
looks awesome really liked seeing the dark link vs link plus 200hp thats just sweet! I loved event mode this looks even more apealing best update since lucas's final smash

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
if it were out e would of heard of it one of the guys here would of got their hands on it

johniam22

Smash Rookie
Also, "Having a buddy..." in the description of trouble king, Luigi confirmed? I would imagine a new comers having to fight to enemies at once at any level with only 1 life could be very hard.
Actually i thought "having a buddy" was talking about Bowser and Dedede. And I'm not saying its not possible ,but i doubt trouble king will be co-op seeing how mario is the only box next to the time completed.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I don't Know if anyones seen thise but do you see the pencil between the X button and the word "nam" which im guessing is name. That pencil I think means editing. This could mean two things:
1)You can change the name of the events (which sounds stupid) or,
2)You can make custom events and then name them.
obvisoly I'm hoping for the secound, as now even if the Stage Creator (which of course makes this abilty so much cooler) did not make us able to play this amazing game forever, this deffenitly does.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Then agian I could be wrong about the edit pencil.:urg:
you have got to be kidding... ITS TO SELECT A PROFILE >:O... sorry bout that.:ohwell:

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the 2nd event shown in the first screen is neglected.
It also looks as if it takes place on a stage we have yet to see, but, personally, I cant make out what it could possibly be.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
1. Glad thiss mode is back and it looks nice

2.The second event appears to have something to do with Fox's Landmaster Tank

3.The pencil thing is probably just for attaching a name to your record

4.I hope there are more events this time

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
I have a sneaking suspicion that beating the Dark Link event on a certain difficulty will earn him as an alternate costume. Seeing as though each character now has "about" 6 costumes, it would only make sense that some of more unique ones are unlockable (just like the vast majority of fighting games with alternate costumes).

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique08.html

pretty **** close to have another dark costume if you ask me

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
OHH, OHH, pick me!, I want to play the fake confirmation game:

Captain Olimar Confirmed!, if you look in the picture, that's obviously who Bowser is bodyslamming, and His symbol is so microscopic(like him) you can't see it!

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Guys, you didn't fight characters in Event Mode before you unlocked them. The only case of that happening was Ganondorf and Pichu, because you unlocked them THROUGH events.

You'd start with Event matches 1-10. Beat like 8 of those and you unlock 10-20. Beat 8 of those, plus unlock a few certain characters, and you get 20-30. Same, unlocking a few more certain characters, for 30-40. Unlock the remaining characters for 40-50. Beat all 1-50 of the Event matches for Event 51.

Now, I hear people saying that Dedede is confirmed as a starter because of this, and that's not a huge leap to make. But think of this: Maybe Dedede is unlocked by beating Event 1. That's kind of stupid though.

Another idea is, maybe Event Mode is locked at first. Just because it wasn't locked in Melee doesn't mean it can't be locked in Brawl. I could see this happening, actually. Its just like how you had to unlock All-Star mode, except you wouldn't need to get all the characters, obviously. I think you might have to go through the SSE once, or maybe just unlock the characters that are used in the first group of events. Which would explain Dedede.

Of course, Sakurai IS really modest. Maybe he just felt his characters weren't worthy of being unlockable, so he gave them all to us. That would suck, because I really would rather unlock Dedede. I want to EARN him! Lol.

courte

Smash Lord
anyone worried --forgive me youko and panda; i know you hate speculation but its the only think keeping us sane-- that they'd replace quantity with quality in this area?? i know doesn't sound like such a bad thing and it's probably unlikely but like me i can probably already guess most of you are hoping for more event matchs than last time around. and with 3 difficulties, it pretty much turns each 1 event into 3

its probably unlikely, but if there are only 50 or even less event matches how would you feel??

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
In melee i never played the event matches exept to unlock stuff, i hope in brawl i want to play them over and over...........but subspace emesarry (or however you spell it) will be way better.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm so freaking sick of game mode updates. Remember back in June when game modes were rare and mysterious and so exciting? Now seeing the color orange is like getting kicked in the crotch.

I don't even think this update is worth speculation. I've heard that people think that the avoiding of the Landmaster event means that Krystal is confirmed. I've heard that people think that the first event's content deconfirms K. Rool. I've heard that people think DeDeDe being in the first event means he's a starter.

Why does the lack of coverage on a Star Fox event mean anything? We have no idea how many events they skipped between Skyworld, Yoshi and Link's events.

Why does a "King" event without K. Rool deconfirm him? Ganondorf is a king, too, you know.

Why does that prove DeDeDe is a starter? Remember in Smash 64, when Luigi was a part of the single player adventure regardless of his unlockable status? Yeah. I think it'd be cool if they had a bunch of characters "active" in the game without being unlocked first. I'm all for unlockables... I'd be fine if the starting roster was just the original 8 characters.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wow, another update telling us what the same is between Brawl and Melee. My roommate and I call them the, "Just Like Melee" Updates. Don't even tell each other what it is, just that it's a "Just like Melee" update, and we're set.
We've been having a lot of Just Like Melee updates. Little agitating. Oh well.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
fanewgie w.e the *** ur name is ur a ****** sakurai is only releasing the starters 2 us ntill about a week b4 the release or after the release of brawl. Therefore DeDeDe starter and the fact that he is in the first invent does indeed make him a starter its not guessing or making assumptions its logic and guy 1 above me u say just like melee update well how would u of felt if event mode wasnt in brawl, even if u wouldnt care many would including me, so its nice 2 know they brought it bak with improvements.

Top Bottom