• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's an Event in of itself.

Roadie-Toe Joe

Smash Cadet
It looks like you can use your name thingy for the event high scores now. i like this cuz before we would argue about who really got the quickest time in event 51 and there was never a good way to prove it. also.....

omg look at the background.

mickey mouse confirmed
Haha
I lol'd.

achtung!

Smash Cadet
I don't really go for the new look of the stocks. It's weird that he'd change it, but oh well...

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
This week is going really good so far! I'm happy! Really good updates. I would like to see maybe a double/triple update tommorow.

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
this is pretty cool they should add really silly stages like jump of a cliff before kirby!!!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I think there'll be a good 100 events this time round.

So that means a LOT of 1 player action now:

SSE x 5 difficulties
Event x 3 difficulties
Wifi x 999999999999^99999999999 difficulties

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
As i thought the events are are already finished......
*sigh*.......so there won't be any newcomers.....and i wanted Daisy to be in brawl:urg:

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I loved event modes and I just said yes! like 100 times when I say it was confirmed.

Also, "Having a buddy..." in the description of trouble king, Luigi confirmed? I would imagine a new comers having to fight to enemies at once at any level with only 1 life could be very hard.

This also confirms these as starting stages, not that we had any doubt.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Comments about unlockable difficulty level(s)?

I doubt it, personally. Unless there's a OMGWTFBBQ moment where Sakurai pops out with GHIII on screen and says "You've unlocked expert!".

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Also, "Having a buddy..." in the description of trouble king, Luigi confirmed? I would imagine a new comers having to fight to enemies at once at any level with only 1 life could be very hard.
1: That doesn't sound hard.
2: He means Kirby, obviously. Why would you go to Luigi?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This might have been mentioned already, but:

Are those red dots to the side of the characters' heads...stock count?

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
This might have been mentioned already, but:

Are those red dots to the side of the characters' heads...stock count?
Yup!

Anyway...my thoughts on this.
It could be that Dedede is a starter.
It could be that it is thanks to this event that you unlock Dedede.
But most likely he is a starter. They wouldn't reveal an unlockable character in the first event of all.
But think about this: if Dedede is a starter...what villains have they put in there that are unlockable? I mean, they've kept space for other characters, by making Dedede a starter. If Dedede was unlockable you might have had less one space in the "unlockable roster".
Dedede might be new, but he isn't the only new villain, I bet.

Also I can't wait to beat the crap out of Kirby and not even let him touch the ground.
"Don't touch my ship! I've just polished it!" says MetaKnight
*Kirby touches for a millisecond and floats away
"**** you, Kirby!!!"
Infinite slashes on the pink puffball.

CAn't wait to play these!!!!
Thsi game just keeps getting better and deeper!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Now that's what I want to see. At least now we can do any Event Match on the easiest level. Although there may be a few secrets that can be unlocked through the harder difficulty levels.

T-major

Smash Champion
it looks like King Dedede is a starter, but I have a felling that Sakurai is just making it look that way (mindgames son!). really, it makes no sense that he would be a starter... but, on the other hand, then I would be able to main him from the start...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*expects a Mario vs Sonic event*

And you better have the option of selecting one or the other. :O

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
I think this update was hawt! And it pretty much confirms ganondorf (more than he already was), because of the triforce users fight

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
WOW THATS AWSOME... I loved eventmatches... XD maybe tommorow they will have co-op events or a character:D!

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
I like the look of these; it seems that the events are really more "Events" and minigames than "Beat up these guys we chose for you!" There are a few exceptions to this, of course, but overall there wasn't anything besides fighting. Smashketball anyone?

EDIT 1, AS I'M SURE I'LL EDIT MORE:
The lack of a mention of the Starfox update IN NO WAY confirms ANYONE. Look at the size of the post: It's already about twice as big as a normal update. They wouldn't want it to knock all the others off the page, would they? They just chose to not mention one, and they chose Starfox. Plus, it's almost definitely mindgames if that's not the reason. ****ing sakurai...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
all kirby characters at the beginning how intresting.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I personally LOVE this update!
I mean, three different difficulties? WOOHOO! I'm all for it! :)

Also it indeed DOES seem very likely that DeDeDe is a starter... Very first time that I expected/speculated wrongly about something but I don't mind at all! DeDeDe is just too cool ^-^ (all Kirby characters are!)

I... am gonna make a prediction and if I'm right now you owe me... well nothing, but I'm gonna do it anyway.
I think on December 3rd (the day the game was supposed to come out), Sakurai will announce Captain Falcon, and announce that we now know the full starting roster (all currently on the Dojo except for Sonic and Snake).

I could be horribly off of course ^-^

Wow, I'm so happy! The new event mode looks like it's gonna be awesome! And DeDeDe being a starter would near-totally confirm him having a role in Subspace Emissary! They're really going all-out on single player this time and I like it so much!

Thanks Sakurai! You rock! I'm a happy fan! :D

NukeA6

Smash Master
I personally LOVE this update!
I mean, three different difficulties? WOOHOO! I'm all for it! :)

Also it indeed DOES seem very likely that DeDeDe is a starter... Very first time that I expected/speculated wrongly about something but I don't mind at all! DeDeDe is just too cool ^-^ (all Kirby characters are!)

I... am gonna make a prediction and if I'm right now you owe me... well nothing, but I'm gonna do it anyway.
I think on December 3rd (the day the game was supposed to come out), Sakurai will announce Captain Falcon, and announce that we now know the full starting roster (all currently on the Dojo except for Sonic and Snake).

I could be horribly off of course ^-^

Wow, I'm so happy! The new event mode looks like it's gonna be awesome! And DeDeDe being a starter would near-totally confirm him having a role in Subspace Emissary! They're really going all-out on single player this time and I like it so much!

Thanks Sakurai! You rock! I'm a happy fan! :D
He better be in Subspace Emissary. I'm expecting to fight him with his theme in the background.

ThatotherLink

Smash Rookie
Pretty simple task, destroy all the terrain in Skyworld. Though the translation on the DOJO doesn’t accurately explain how Wario is assisting.
I believe that this just means that while Wario is trying to attack you, he may destroy the terrain in the process. Not too hard of a concept to grasp.

I am curious though about something Sakurai said:

Enjoy Smash’s chance meetings between a variety of characters!

Is this openly hinting about how some characters will be unlocked?
... Honestly, where are you people pulling this from? You treat every last part of Sakurai's posts as though it were some kind of ingenious foreshadowing. It means what it says: It's an opportunity to enjoy the encounters between all of the characters. I don't know why you took that as a hint towards unlockables. (And of course there's going to be unlockables... I don't know why you would possibly think there wouldn't be.)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i like the event challenges. a pain in the a**, but they're fun.

and i thought dedede was going to be unlockable, but...this update proves otherwise. will metaknight be unlocked, cause it doesn't seem right having all three kirby characters as starters

EDIT: just realized Meta Knight was in one of the beginning event mode matches. i still think at least one kirby character should be unlocked...

Top Bottom