• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It is the month of May. Do you still hold true to your initial #1 DLC fighter choice for Smash 4?

Do you still support your original #1 character choice to become a DLC fighter for Smash 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
My top four have been the same all along. The fifth...kinda rotates.

I've picked up a couple longshot wishes in the time since, though.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
A lot characters had fallen off from my radar of favor because I realized that they either became NPCs again or were just a little too obscure to be considered.

I could thus perhaps point at the ones my signature being the DLC I want - Lip might be the one I'd consider "original", if going by what the OP had said.

slambros

Smash Ace
My first initial vote was Shovel Knight. After reading things that others have to say about the character, especially the fact that the game isn't even in Japan, I am now extremely doubtful. I'm glad he's popular, though; maybe Shovel Knight will become a respected franchise over time like Mario did and like Zelda did.

I guess I still want him in, but I'm willing to accept it if he doesn't cut it.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm still want Micaiah :3

And I'm a Roy or another Fire Emblem except for a Awakening of If one character

Seriously... I don't care about the "reps" thing if they can make a cool and fun character to play.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Me wanting Sylux is not going to change at all. Granted, I support King K Rool and Wonder Red, for starters, but Sylux is still my main request.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Snake's still my number one want, he was just too fun to play as to give up. He will always be my most wanted character regardless of how many Smash Bros games come out.

With that said, my secondary wants did change up some. Henry Fleming and Wonder Red climbed up the latter to my most wanted newcomers thanks to their unique mechanics and good arguments made for them on these boards.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Along with other fans, we are still wishing for his return : Geno from Super Mario RPG :D
First time I ever knew of Geno was when I watched that Smash Kingdom video back at Newgrounds, when Brawl was the thing. I'd be interested to see how he would work out in a Smash Bros. story mode.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Always support Bandana Dee.
Also, my boy not roy, Endou Mamoru.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Although I've gained a few more ideas for my DLC/future Smash wants, Shantae still remains my number one b o y z.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Fiora and Ashley are my top priority, Ghirahim follows afterwards. Although I think Ghirahim is a little more probable than those two, plus I think Zelda should get an actual newcomer.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
K. Rool and Ridley have tempted me many a time, but my heart still feels like voting Banjo & Kazooie is a good choice. Even if they don't win the ballot, I hope that this will show Nintendo that fans want them in the game.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool will always be #1 until he gets in.

However, recently I've become interested in Classic Ganon. Other than K. Rool my only other major wishes are the return of Snake and Wolf (which has been true as well since Smash 4 was released), but as far as newcomers after K. Rool go, Classic Ganon is definitely my next pick, followed by Dixie.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh, absolutely. K. Rool's one of the only characters I feel like the game still truly needs for the roster to feel complete. And he's one of, if not my favorite Nintendo villain. So I'll stick with him until the end! :shades:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Right as I learned about the poll in Smash Wiki, I instantly went to vote for Wolf. I couldn't really think of any better characters or any alternate choices, but at the same time I have never really played as Wolf (still not yet, I don't own a Wii), so I just commented "Just deserves to return" as reason. That awkward post went, and I was interested about how other thinks the candidate should be.

Joining this board in the middle of May, I don't really know about whoever is suggested in here. I just kept searching online or on Youtube to check about people's opinions. Most poll's top result disgusts me, and gained me hatred against the franchise. The ones include
Shovel Knight, Wonder Red, Shantae, Bayonetta, (Insert any developers who had no relation to Nintendo but yet had tried to get their characters in smash here)
After seeing these characters, I was hopeless about the community and hoped ONLY Wolf gets in, and that the Ballot was a hoax. I have seen some moderators in forums going as far as "Vote for (insert someone I don't know at all) or you'll be banned". Regardless of joking or not, I fell like this ballot actually would make the world break apart again like the poorly-taken dress photo.

Time has past, I have found this forum, and have lurked for a few weeks before having the courage to join, and I eventually saw better candidates, and felt like I could accept more than just Wolf. From only being able to name one character for candidate, I started to accept more characters like King K Rool, Bomberman, Inkling, etc. However, the top choice of mine will never change. I would go for Wolf until he happens to return, then maybe I will focus on other characters.

tldr: Wolf! Wolf Forever!

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Heck yeah! It was Roy, and then we had the data-mining that showed Roy was more probable. So if anything, I'm holding stronger to my #1 DLC fighter than before :roymelee:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Yep, I am sticking with Bartz from Final Fantasy V as my voted and primary support. I do have other characters I support that didn't get my vote: King K. Rool, Issac from Golden Sun, only one Pokemon and it should not be Gen 1, 4, or 6, preferably Sceptile, Simon Belmont, and any cut characters except Pichu and Pokemon Trainer. The rumored "in" characters Ryu of Street Fighter and Fire Emblem's Roy are pending until confirmed or de-confirmed.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, for one game. He's still one whose name had risen because of the ballot.

Also, I've never said he isn't owned by Nintendo?
Nah, he always had a strong cult following, even before the game's release. The ballot just allowed his fans to make themselves more widely known.

Apologies, though you did, after all, have him listed with the other "no-hoper" third-parties. :3

Megamon

Smash Cadet
I voted for Waluigi. Sadly, there aren't too many that want him in, nor does he have his own game. I'd switch to him in a heartbeat if he ended up being playable. What a sad, sad world we live in.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Nah, he always had a strong cult following, even before the game's release. The ballot just allowed his fans to make themselves more widely known.

Apologies, though you did, after all, have him listed with the other "no-hoper" third-parties. :3
That list basically include:
*Top characters in polls that I have no clue who they are
*Characters involved in campaigns where they promote said characters as if we're having an election
*Ridiculous characters promoted by their owners
So, yeah. Basically it's all because of their fans (and partially their look too), who did hateable things with their characters.

Characters don't disappoint people; People disappoint people.

----
@ Megamon Megamon Count the number of characters in Smash who doesn't have their own game (villains/bosses excluded):
Zelda (Do you count Legend of Zelda as a Link game or Zelda game? At least here I mean characters who aren't the playable character nor the boss but still got in), Sheik, Falco, Palutena(?) etc
Now Count the number of characters who had their own game but is still not viable (flameshield on):
Goku, Shrek, Shovel Knight (Sorry but yeah), Shadow (is he still requested?), Tetriminoes (I mean yeah, really?)

So yeah; "having their own game" isn't one big factor.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That list basically include:
*Top characters in polls that I have no clue who they are
*Characters involved in campaigns where they promote said characters as if we're having an election
*Ridiculous characters promoted by their owners
So, yeah. Basically it's all because of their fans (and partially their look too), who did hateable things with their characters.

Characters don't disappoint people; People disappoint people.
Subjectivity.

At least be considerate of others.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well I have kept them in spoilers and warned to be potentially offensive :/
I'm more so referring to your sentiment that such support is inherently misguided and that the fans who campaign for the characters commit "hateable" actions.

You're entitled to your opinion, but try to tone down the hyperbole, m'kay? :3

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well I'm referring to some extreme ones like "Vote for **** or die/get banned/something will do something to you" or "You must vote **** for justice/democracy/(insert positive nouns)". These really ticks me off.

Other than that, yeah, was a little bit too mad about cases. :L

Well I'm referring to some extreme ones like "Vote for **** or die/get banned/something will do something to you" or "You must vote **** for justice/democracy/(insert positive nouns)". These really ticks me off.

Other than that, yeah, was a little bit too mad about cases. :L
except people do that regardless of their fanbase. It isnt just shovel knight supporters or whoever.

and even then it doesnt make sense to dislike the characters for apparently having 1 or two bad apples.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I still support Bill Rizer, but honestly, I feel like I should've voted for a better character.

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Yes, my vote still lies with Rayman. I feel that characters like King K. Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Inkling, or any of the veteran fighters have a better chance to become DLC than Rayman. So I'm giving him as much support as I can.

Top Bottom