• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

malva00

Smash Master
Who're you teaming with?

Also :( that you're not going for the W, but it's your choice of course.
what do you mean not going for the W? Doesn't matter what character I pick, I still go for the W. If I didn't my Link would have lost in every video you've seen.

Battlecow

Play to Win
That's good, but trying your hardest to win (which was what I meant) would involve using characters that you thought had the best chance of winning, rather than characters that you thought "had a good chance of placing"

Again, it's not my place to tell you how to play. Do what you want- I was merely expressing dismay that I would be spectating you at less-than-100%

malva00

Smash Master
That's good, but trying your hardest to win (which was what I meant) would involve using characters that you thought had the best chance of winning, rather than characters that you thought "had a good chance of placing"

Again, it's not my place to tell you how to play. Do what you want- I was merely expressing dismay that I would be spectating you at less-than-100%
the only time winning > fun in tournaments is when there is a lot of money involved or I wanna prove myself against someone I wouldn't be able to play outside of the tourney.

Also, if I notice someone taking out boom/jaime, I'll do my best so that person doesn't win the tourney. Basically I don't mind losing as long as one of my buddies win (this means I expect boom/jaime to win if I don't). I wouldn't want a new/random person winning in this situation. So if I see that the GREAT ColtMaster has a chance to take everyone out, then I would play Pikachu/Kirby against him.

malva00

Smash Master
Who cares? It'll only make South America's inevitable defeat all the more humiliating :troll:

:phone:
They are talking about Genesis 2, not South America. Funny how everyone has been posting stuff that's totally off topic XD

when you think about it, does that mean that everyone who doesn't "main" Pikachu/Kirby are not trying their hardest to win? We should all be expressing dismay 24/7 :( until everyone's best characters are Pikachu/Kirby

clubbadubba

Smash Master
when you think about it, does that mean that everyone who doesn't "main" Pikachu/Kirby are not trying their hardest to win? We should all be expressing dismay 24/7 :( until everyone's best characters are Pikachu/Kirby
Are you saying that because pikachu/kirby are at the top of the tier list? Because the tier list is just based on the opinions of players, after all. There is no definite tier list for the game. Well let me rephrase that, there is a definite tier list, but we will never know what it is for sure.

malva00

Smash Master
I just bought 2 mayflash adapters for Tacna. Marca told me that he will play online with the South American smashers, and he'll be able to use a good pc with a good internet connection

(10:39:28 PM) Mar-K: don't worry

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
No, you're not. I love watching great DKs., like this Tacna guy's. I think he might have only been countrepicking Kirby, but it still rocks.

I will also be disappointed if no Falcon is involved.

Titus_178

Smash Cadet
I was going to say the same thing. His DK si so amazing to watch. not that his other chars aren't amazing but I love his DK. Maybe my opinion is a little biased on this as I'm a DK main...

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Is he so fun to watch? I think boom is way more entertaining. Not meatriding or anything, I just like watching his DK.
Boom's is definitely amazing (probably the most fun to watch), but that doesn't make this guy's boring.

[EDIT]: I actually think this is a better video of his DK.

Battlecow

Play to Win
IMO: flash/style/fun > tournament placings
You can't say that one's "greater" than the other in an overall sense. In your eyes, maybe, but not in your "opinion." It's foolish. Different people want different things out of the game.

DMoogle

A$
My reaction to that DK vs Kirby video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1JmOThzg9A
Yeah I wasn't really impressed with it either, except that sparked a concept I hadn't really thought of before; I noticed that he does a weak throw at low % on the left side of the pit. IME that doesn't work as well if you throw to the right side (i.e. the tent itself). That means that opponents bounce off of the tent differently than the wall. To an extent I knew this, but I never really thought about utilizing the difference at low %s.

Anyway, I watched the rest of that player's DK on that channel, and he had a good "combo" going on one of the stocks in this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LbOb7384w.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
A$ I think it might just be a distance thing. You can walk right up to the wall and do a throw to the left so the thrown character doesn't have much time to rise in the air. You can't do that with the tent because if you get too close he'll go underneath.

Not sure though.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
ALanCiTu forgot to say that he is not ALanCiTu anymore.. According to his last vids he is now GaLanCiTu.. Isai asked him what it meant but GaLanCiTu clarified that he should know spanish in 100% in order to get the idea xD.

Varist

Smash Lord
Wordplay. Adding a G to Alan makes it galán, which could mean hero/handsome man etc.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So is this finally happening? I thought i would never see it :grin:

Battlecow said:
Let me throw the first stone by saying that in my opinion, both the Tacnian players and Alancitu are affected by consolitis- that is, they know how to play against their friends, and they look flashy while doing it, but they have inbred playstyles, untempered by tricks, twists, and habits that a wider group of competitive players such as a Kaillera community might bring. Isai will crush them- as would many other North American and probably several European and Japanese players.
Thats BS because you havent played them, nice early jumping to conclusions :facepalm:

Varist said:
Wordplay. Adding a G to Alan makes it galán, which could mean hero/handsome man etc.
I'd say gentleman is the most accurate translation

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You can do everything that you can on emulator that you could on console. I'm not sure how malva is claiming they are different, and I won't try to as I know how he hates people assuming on what he means. I know that emulator "feels" different than console, but as far as my limited knowledge goes there's no difference between offline emulator and NTSC console version, assuming you match up range, deadzone, etc to what they would be on console.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
You can do everything that you can on emulator that you could on console. I'm not sure how malva is claiming they are different, and I won't try to as I know how he hates people assuming on what he means. I know that emulator "feels" different than console, but as far as my limited knowledge goes there's no difference between offline emulator and NTSC console version, assuming you match up range, deadzone, etc to what they would be on console.
Yea, there is no defference between offline emu and console, there is no lag or delay like playing Online.
Emu Offline and Console have their defferences, like the control input (joy or KB) but still being the same game.

NTA

Smash Lord
Yea, there is no defference between offline emu and console, there is no lag or delay like playing Online.
Emu Offline and Console have their defferences, like the control input (joy or KB) but still being the same game.
I'd say the only small difference would be freezing or lagging or something similar because of stuff running on the pc sometimes. Other than that I see no difference myself.

Sangoku

Smash Master
The differences I am aware of are the following:
- Lag: console lags less in 1v1 than offline emu (because of what Nine-Tailed Assassin said), but console lags more in teams (due to too many things happening on the screen I guess).

- Controller input: it is not possible (we can't find out at least) the perfect deadzone/range settings for emulator to feel exactly like console.

I think the latter is the main difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom