• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMoogle

A$
BTW do you upload all recorded matches, or do you just choose "good ones"?

felipe: Well if you have a friend who does, you can go through that. The fact that you live in another country might make it difficult though.

malva00

Smash Master
BTW do you upload all recorded matches, or do you just choose "good ones"?
Isai's recording rule: everything that gets recorded is uploaded, but both players must know of this rule beforehand and agree to it

rule has been broken two times:
1st: superboom vs sensei, after the matches they both were like "hmm we didn't play very well" and didn't want them to be uploaded >__>
2nd: isai vs sensei samus dittos. sensei was sucking and got ***** too badly so i didn't wanna go through the trouble of putting them up (takes effort)

I didn't have this rule when I went to Japan, but almost all the matches from then got uploaded (i didn't wanna put up "duplicates" where it seemed like the same exact match again or boring matches back then). Very few (maybe 4-5) did not get uploaded.

Btw I went to Japan 3 times, and 2 out of those 3 times, some of the tapes I wasn't in charge of magically disappeared... or the vcrs were later found to be broken...

B Link

Smash Lord
I haven't watched all the tacna ssb vids so maybe I'm wrong, but in the one's I've watched so far...they don't do platform drops o_O

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It's a shame Isai thinks such poorly of online play. Where would the ssb64 community be without it?

B Link

Smash Lord
what zen yore is back
take the via rail to toronto sometime so we can play this legendary "console" thing and stuff

malva00

Smash Master
I just talked to Alpha on msn (if you don't know, we have talked on msn for a long time)

I told him that if it's not too expensive to move my return flight to a later date, I will have time to fly to Santiago, Chile from Tacna to play offline emulator with him

House

Smash Journeyman
Malva you've got to play in some of the latin american kaillera servers during your stay in Peru. There are very good players from other countries as well.

malva00

Smash Master
Time to dig up those posts from like 2006 (or before) where malva talks about how he will own people? :laugh:
I remember back in 2002 or so I was at Johnny's house and I asked him something like, "do you think there are people better than us?" and Johnny said "nah" :laugh:

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I just talked to Alpha on msn (if you don't know, we have talked on msn for a long time)

I told him that if it's not too expensive to move my return flight to a later date, I will have time to fly to Santiago, Chile from Tacna to play offline emulator with him
You can come to my house to play when you want xD I made cookies xD

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
isai on Alpha house??? Wow everyone is going to be on there xDDDDDD

EDIT: The house is going to explode if isai enter. It barely can support Alpha awesomeness

malva00

Smash Master
UPDATE:

so I've been talking to Marca recently on MSN. turns out he doesn't know anyone with a usb adapter. I want to bring some to Tacna, then they can start playing online with the rest of south america XD

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol this thread is just everyone trolling these guys

I've never played online and I'm pretty sure I'm just as good as most of online players. Just because they've never played online doesn't mean ****.

BHLMRO we will play sometime... idk if i can make it down any time soon though : /

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've never played online and I'm pretty sure I'm just as good as most of online players. Just because they've never played online doesn't mean ****.

BHLMRO we will play sometime... idk if i can make it down any time soon though : /
Well if you can't come down anytime soon, you should try and play online. I've set up P2P so since we're closer together, it'll be a really smooth game.

I know, for sure, that St. Louis is making it to MIST. You should find a ride with them, it's only a 3 and a half hour drive. You could probably end up hitching a ride with my friend Bert. I'll find a way to bring you down here, I want to have some SSB64 competition on console for once, haha.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
damn you guys are still playing this game
just goes to show how far a good game can go

GET EM ISAI

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well said bcow, well said.

Is there any youtube channels where I can watch these Peruvian demi-gods?

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol this thread is just everyone trolling these guys

1. You're joking, I'm sure. The best Tacna players- Marca, Alvin, and Gerson are the ones I'm thinking of atm- are almost certainly better than most online players, because they're really talented and have spent a lot of time with their fantastic offline community. They're lucky to live in the city that they live in. No one has denied this. Whether the cream of their crop matches up to the cream of the online crop remains to be seen, but I doubt that it does.

2. You're "pretty sure"? I'm pretty sure you're kidding yourself if you think you can get up to our level using only your ****ty local offline scene, when you've never even bothered to drop in on the 64 boards before (unless you play Frog regularly or something). Playing online means ****. It means you have more experience against better players. Notice that, for all his ripping on the flaws that online play has, Isai is bringing adapters to Tacna so that they can join in.

Kuz- This is Tacna's main channel. Check out the better matches; they're pretty impressive.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I hope Zenyore was kidding?

And ****ing dead watching this 10 minute final match. The freaking spacing is wtf haha

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
House is hidden in a shelter XDDDDD I abrely see it sometimes on servers, but he is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom