• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Made this Isaac thingy, feel free to stick it in your sig to show your Isaac support!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's the same line of logic people use when they say "Sakurai is unpredictable, therefore expecting [insert super unlikely character here] is totally sound".

Your basis being that it doesn't make sense is not a great place to start. Yeah Nintendo makes some questionable decisions, but this is one there's a history of them not making. And them being unpredictable means unlikely things are possible, it doesn't mean unlikely things aren't unlikely.
im just saying its possible we'll get one this month no need to be so touchy

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Seems that things are starting to look up for GS. So will we be lost for ages in a new game or will this darkest of dawns continue? :3

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Seems that things are starting to look up for GS. So will we be lost for ages in a new game or will this darkest of dawns continue? :3
I'm not sure how things are starting to look up. Nothing has really changed. Just speculating on what could happen. Things won't look up until we get a tease at a new GS or GS starts getting some representation in other Nintendo games.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only problem with Golden Sun right now is that "things" don't look like anything for it. There's absolutely nothing to go on one way or the other. It's just a waiting game.

D

Deleted member

So... Nintendo news on entering the mobile gaming market... is this something that they would probably do with studios like Camelot, who seemed to be more adept with sprite-based games back in the day, and Alphadream (who still do sprites in 3D games), or do you think they'll hire new groups to help formulate this project?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So... Nintendo news on entering the mobile gaming market... is this something that they would probably do with studios like Camelot, who seemed to be more adept with sprite-based games back in the day, and Alphadream (who still do sprites in 3D games), or do you think they'll hire new groups to help formulate this project?
Hire new groups, perhaps.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, they'd probably definitely work with smaller companies. Camelot is one they could definitely deal with as they are a smaller company, they can't keep up with the latest tech. That said, what Camelot is working on right now probably has nothing to do with this since it was just announced.

inb4 Golden Sun All the bravest
The company that Nintendo teamed up with actually developed Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. Which, as I've heard, is a MUCH better game. All the Bravest is a horrible game. Record Keeper, on the other hand, I've heard is actually a pretty good game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, they'd probably definitely work with smaller companies. Camelot is one they could definitely deal with as they are a smaller company, they can't keep up with the latest tech. That said, what Camelot is working on right now probably has nothing to do with this since it was just announced.

The company that Camelot teamed up with actually developed Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. Which, as I've heard, is a MUCH better game. All the Bravest is a horrible game. Record Keeper, on the other hand, I've heard is actually a pretty good game.
That's because ATB isn't a game but a scam

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So from what I've heard, Korea is having a Direct. So others should be announced too?
Take this with a grain of salt.
streamgif4.gif

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nice image, wouldn't you mind if I use it as my avatar?
If you want~

Still waiting for Nintendo news, still waiting...
Yeah it's not like Nintendo announced any new systems or new platforms they're going to make games for lately...

So from what I've heard, Korea is having a Direct. So others should be announced too?
Take this with a grain of salt. View attachment 43356
The Korean directs usually don't coincide with others but who knows.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I
Yeah it's not like Nintendo announced any new systems or new platforms they're going to make games for lately...
Yea, I know right.

The lack of any news from Nintendo in the recent days is driving me crazy.... :troll:

To be honest, I don't think the recent move is going to affect Camelot or Golden Sun much considering it is not a franchise they will use as leverage on other devices to bring people to Nintendo.

The only thing I am worried about is whether the release schedule will become even sparser on the 3DS and Wii U considering the development of this new games is going to be a joint venture by Nintendo and DeNA (and not just the latter). Plus all the other stuff which comes along with this unexpected move by Nintendo.

Just waiting on the fence here folks.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah I don't think the recent move is something that really concerns Golden Sun.

I highly doubt they're going to be slapping Isaac and friends on any mobile games any time soon.

D

Deleted member

Also, with the news of a possible upcoming home console that'll replace the Wii U (which'll make it the shortest lifespan of a console from installment to installment), that might put more attention on building the console than on game producing.

However, if Golden Sun has proved anything, their games tend to come out either at the beginning of the console's lifespan or towards the end of it's relevant run.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Also, with the news of a possible upcoming home console that'll replace the Wii U (which'll make it the shortest lifespan of a console from installment to installment), that might put more attention on building the console than on game producing.

However, if Golden Sun has proved anything, their games tend to come out either at the beginning of the console's lifespan or towards the end of it's relevant run.
Not really. A 2016 announcement likely will result in a 2017, maybe 2018 release, that's about 5-6 years. We still don't know what NX is, though.

Yea, I know right.

The lack of any news from Nintendo in the recent days is driving me crazy.... :troll:

To be honest, I don't think the recent move is going to affect Camelot or Golden Sun much considering it is not a franchise they will use as leverage on other devices to bring people to Nintendo.

The only thing I am worried about is whether the release schedule will become even sparser on the 3DS and Wii U considering the development of this new games is going to be a joint venture by Nintendo and DeNA (and not just the latter). Plus all the other stuff which comes along with this unexpected move by Nintendo.

Just waiting on the fence here folks.
I disagree on it affecting Camelot. Yes, it is true, it likely won't affect Golden Sun (at least not unless we get a new Golden Sun game). However, if Camelot has not improved their current standing, they can't make the jump to developing HD games. Nintendo getting into the Mobile market could have Camelot opt to start doing some Mobile games as well. For example, micro Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games for Mobile devices.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Still, if I see the announcement for a new Golden Sun title and it turns out it is for mobile, I will hate everything.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I disagree on it affecting Camelot. Yes, it is true, it likely won't affect Golden Sun (at least not unless we get a new Golden Sun game). However, if Camelot has not improved their current standing, they can't make the jump to developing HD games. Nintendo getting into the Mobile market could have Camelot opt to start doing some Mobile games as well. For example, micro Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games for Mobile devices.
Yea I thought that too.

Since Camelot is incapable of HD games primarily due to their team size limitations as well as their habit of working more with handheld iterations (they did work on Gamecube and Wii though), it is possible to have a game from them on mobile.

Like Mario Tennis Mobile or Mario Golf mobile. I sincerely hope not though since I wouldn't want them to push development on GS4 for games such as these...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, again, this announcement is likely coming too late to affect Camelot just yet. They're probably working on a 3DS game at the moment. It could affect them... AFTER this current project they are working on.

Still, if I see the announcement for a new Golden Sun title and it turns out it is for mobile, I will hate everything.
I highly doubt we'd see GS on Mobile.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I highly doubt we'd see GS on Mobile.
It probably isn't their first choice, just because it's not that recognizable of a property. But I still fear that someday we'll start seeing announcements for new titles of overshadowed franchises and we'll all be excited and then... Bam... They're just mobile titles. Has happened many times with other video game companies.

I hate mobile games... They're so daft, and the touch-screen interface is terrible for controlling. I can't stand the the thought of ever seeing a title I actually want be released for mobile.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It probably isn't their first choice, just because it's not that recognizable of a property. But I still fear that someday we'll start seeing announcements for new titles of overshadowed franchises and we'll all be excited and then... Bam... They're just mobile titles. Has happened many times with other video game companies.

I hate mobile games... They're so daft, and the touch-screen interface is terrible for controlling. I can't stand the the thought of ever seeing a title I actually want be released for mobile.
I honestly disagree. Here's the thing. An overshadowed franchise isn't any more likely to get a good game. However, with this idea, an overshadowed franchise could potentially get a small game to try and raise interest in the franchise and allow it to get more exposure.

This, for example, I think is a -very- good thing for a franchise like Panel de Pon. The franchise itself has been overshadowed of late, and yet the core gameplay would fit perfectly into a Mobile style of game. How about a small Ice Climbers block puzzle game? That could prove to potentially revive franchises.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
*Sigh* Is Isaac a playable character yet?? Because I just LOVE playing the waiting game. :colorful:
This face is a face that's ready for battle people! :crying:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the kind of thing they're going to put on the iOS is more readily and easily digestible stuff where touch controls compliment the game, not detract from it. So like Brain Age, Nintendogs, WarioWare, Rhythm Heaven, maybe more Canvas Kirby titles, etc. And more casual-oriented stuff with established IPs like Pokemon Shuffle or whatever its called.

GS in no way lends itself to touch controls, and it's not like it's a huge IP or anything, so I doubt we'll get it on mobile.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think the kind of thing they're going to put on the iOS is more readily and easily digestible stuff where touch controls compliment the game, not detract from it. So like Brain Age, Nintendogs, WarioWare, Rhythm Heaven, maybe more Canvas Kirby titles, etc. And more casual-oriented stuff with established IPs like Pokemon Shuffle or whatever its called.

GS in no way lends itself to touch controls, and it's not like it's a huge IP or anything, so I doubt we'll get it on mobile.
Here's the thing, though. I don't think this will be exclusively "huge IPs." I think they might consider using this platform to try and revive older franchises. Like, create a smaller game based on said franchise and if it gets popular enough, create a full-scale game later on 3DS or Wii U (or whatever their successors are). GS, naturally, would not fit into this format at all, but there are a lot of other franchises I think could benefit from it. My biggest example being Panel de Pon, of course, where they can easily use touch controls instead of a cursor.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't say anything about them going exclusively with huge franchises, I just think unless it's a huge IP or will translate well to mobile, they probably won't put it on the iOS. Puzzle League would work, Duck Hunt would work, Ice Climber and Excitebike could work as endless runners/jumpers, so on and so forth.

That said, I do think they will be pretty heavy-handed with their huge IPs, because that's just the direction things are going nowadays, not just with Nintendo, and not just on mobile.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I didn't say anything about them going exclusively with huge franchises, I just think unless it's a huge IP or will translate well to mobile, they probably won't put it on the iOS. Puzzle League would work, Duck Hunt would work, Ice Climber and Excitebike could work as endless runners/jumpers, so on and so forth.

That said, I do think they will be pretty heavy-handed with their huge IPs, because that's just the direction things are going nowadays, not just with Nintendo, and not just on mobile.
Oh yeah, I'm expecting microgames with all of their top franchises. Zelda is the only one I'm unsure of, but a variation of Four Swords might work if they base it on Four Swords Adventures, since FSA is more about the puzzles and managing four characters. FSA is a great model that could be used.

Top Bottom