• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm curious what the direct will focus on. Granted, they already did a bunch of info on Xenoblade Chronicles X, so I doubt that'll be a focus. Hopefully it's gonna be Smash-based with news on the periphary devices for older 3DS models, Mewtwo, and plans for new information on DLC, because Nintendo doesn't need to wait for E3 anymore to announce big plans.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's no confirmed March Direct at all, though most likely there will be one coming up soon. We -could- get a Direct in April, though. Last year's Q1 Direct was in Februrary.

Directs are bimonthly, so it's this month
Not all the time. Especially keep in mind the fact that E3 is essentially a Direct, and they won't do two Directs between now and E3. There's no way they CAN make it bi-monthly at this point; either before this next Direct or after it, there's going to be at least a one month gap.

I think they may very well decide to make this Direct in early April instead. Of course, there still is time for it to be this month as well, but we cannot guarantee it will be.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
EDIT: This is fake.

So the 17th at 3PM PDT will be a Direct focusing on Wii U games
nd.PNG

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Darn it.

We could have continued this for a few more posts before Blue came along >.<

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@NintendoAmecria gave it away immediately for me. :p

I expect one in late March or early April.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'd pay attention to the little details.

Random story; wandered into my GameStop (which still doesn't have amiibos) yesterday, glanced at the strategy guide, and discussed Smash DLC briefly with the clerk about when Mewtwo DLC will come out (she said probably in April... I hope), and I mentioned how I still want Isaac as my top pick. She told me she's not a Smash Bros. gamer, but a Hyrule Warriors gamer, so I then referred to how I like HW Ganondorf more. And, as a whim, I went over to the page with Dark Pit and mentioned that being my least-favorite character in the entire series.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is that guy who made the Rayman render still making them? Did we miss the boat getting an Isaac render?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
that was back when there was usually one in feb and april the pattern may very well have changed
It may but this wouldn't be the first time we've got a January Direct without a notable one in March. It makes more sense to have Directs in April as opposed to March anyway. Close enough to E3 to capitalize off momentum and bolster hype going in but not so close that new major information wouldn't likely be revealed, such as in May.

I'd advise not to expect anything this month, at least not any full Direct.

Is that guy who made the Rayman render still making them? Did we miss the boat getting an Isaac render?
Nah, he recently just made Shovel Knight. He's definitely going to keep making them, he wanted to do a whole series. I have no idea where Isaac stands in all of this, I hope he eventually gets made, but you can ask @HextupleyooDOT if you want.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I haven't been paying attention myself, but according to some of the Kutthroats they saw a lot of requests for Isaac. K. Rool had a lot as well, of course, probably more, but they saw a lot of requests for both. Take it with a grain of salt, since I haven't checked myself.

But yeah, he's still doing Smashified, he just released the first one (well, first one post-Rayman). Frankly I think he'll probably end up doing K. Rool as one of the next few and possibly Isaac down the line, though its possible he may do other third-parties first.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I was just expecting guys.

But...

There have been rumor about Splatoon being released in Summer. (Date obviously can be change)
Codename Steam is out, so not showing that game in a direct.
We got Hyrule Warriors LAST dlc pack. (Is really the last, that for sure.)
We don't know about mario kart 8 2nd Pack.
Mewtwo was supposed to been out like 3/31/15.

I remember too that, Nintendo do like 3 FREAKING DIRECT IN ONE MONTH.
That month was April sooooooo. April most likely. But Nintendo is unpredictable announcement the new direct.

I want OMNI smashified Isaac and Bandana Dee. Then I can dream.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smashified Bandana Dee wouldn't look that much different than all his other 3d artwork... other characters would be a better use of Hex's time tbh.

And I dunno what you're on about with Splatoon being released in summer, it's already got a release month... May. And the next Direct, which will probably be in April, presumably will have stuff on MK and Smash DLC (at least Mewtwo), and go more in depth with Splatoon, as it will be releasing the month after. I imagine they'll mention the amiibo functionality, and formally announce the two Splatoon amiibos. They'll probably also go over games we already know about like Mario Maker, XCX, and MP10 while reminding us that Codename STEAM is in fact out. Maybe we'll learn a bit more about the new FE, at least in the Japanese Direct. Gawd willing we get a StarFox trailer, but so close to E3 I wouldn't be surprised if they just saved it til then, as Zelda will be.

There might be an announcement or two of some minor or low key releases, but Nintendo will definitely be saving its big guns for June.

And to keep this relevant to the thread, there will be no mention of GS4 now or at E3.

Those are my predictions. Nothing fancy. :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
There might be an announcement or two of some minor or low key releases, but Nintendo will definitely be saving its big guns for June.

And to keep this relevant to the thread, there will be no mention of GS4 now or at E3.

Well, I CHALLENGE your predictions!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Smashified Bandana Dee wouldn't look that much different than all his other 3d artwork... other characters would be a better use of Hex's time tbh.

And I dunno what you're on about with Splatoon being released in summer, it's already got a release month... May. And the next Direct, which will probably be in April, presumably will have stuff on MK and Smash DLC (at least Mewtwo), and go more in depth with Splatoon, as it will be releasing the month after. I imagine they'll mention the amiibo functionality, and formally announce the two Splatoon amiibos. They'll probably also go over games we already know about like Mario Maker, XCX, and MP10 while reminding us that Codename STEAM is in fact out. Maybe we'll learn a bit more about the new FE, at least in the Japanese Direct. Gawd willing we get a StarFox trailer, but so close to E3 I wouldn't be surprised if they just saved it til then, as Zelda will be.

I disagree on "no mention of GS4." Well, ok, I could see that, but I think we'll know GS4's fate by E3. I think by E3, we'll know what all of Nintendo's current main development teams and partners are working on (if they aren't confirmed to be working on anything already). GS is owned by Nintendo, so Nintendo could, if they wanted to, hand it off to another developer and let Camelot do something else (with Camelot obviously providing story elements to help smooth GS4 along).

There are two plausibly development studios I could see working on a GS4. Camelot, obviously, and Retro Studios. Since, well, its right in their name; "retro." So far, they've brought back DKC and Metroid, both after long hiatuses (technically DK had spinoffs during this time). Retro probably isn't working on Golden Sun, but according to what I've read (), Michael Kelbaugh did actually work on the original Golden Sun. He could potentially show some interest in it.

Coincidentally, Retro Studios and Camelot both have big question marks on their current projects. Maybe Camelot decided they weren't able to do a new GS and decided to do something else and hand off GS to a new developer. DKC and Lost Age were also games that took a long time after their VC releases in Japan and Europe to get to NA; DKC finally being released recently, and GS2 still not being out in NA yet. Just a coincidence, but its an odd one.

Either way, I think by E3 we'll know both what Camelot is doing, and also what Retro is doing (Retro could potentially develop two games, even). Another possibility is Monolith, but we know they're working on Xenoblade Chronicles X. They could be working on multiple projects, though.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll know what all of Nintendo's main current partners are working on by E3. If Camelot announces their project and its not GS4 and GS4 isn't announced at about the same time, then I'd be worried. But with Camelot's 20th anniversary coming up I think its likely they'd be announcing their next project.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing people don't seem to realize is IPs not created by Nintendo themselves are rarely worked on by anyone other than that specific dev. The only real exceptions are Pokemon (because the market for that IP far surpasses GF's output capacity) and Kirby (because Epic Yarn originally started as another IP). These are Nintendo's first and second biggest IPs not created by them. And Kirby only happened once! I'm sure Retro or Monolith could do GS justice, they're both quality developers, but thinking they might actually take the reigns on a c-list non-Nintendo-created IP of currently limited market appeal is grasping for straws.

Yeah, Retro's name is retro, but, and not to say JRPGs aren't in their wheelhouse, because they've had a limited wheelhouse, but the correlation between those two is tenuous at best. Also, GS isn't retro, it had a game this decade. Regardless, having anybody other than Camelot make a GS is frankly random, and not exactly in line with precedent. It'd be one thing if Camelot up and left Nintendo's circle like Rare, but they haven't, they've already made their two token sports games this gen, and GS is their IP. Nintendo's too, sure, but until it regains some commercial success, I see no reason why it wouldn't live and die by Camelot. On top of the fact that it's not how Nintendo operates, there's really not a whole lot of incentive for Nintendo to make another team work on it, especially an A-list team like Retro when they don't even know if it will provide a safe return on their investment.

In short, GS is not in the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK, StarFox, F-Zero boat where Nintendo created it and will lend the IP to other teams, it's in the FE, AW, Kirby, Xenoblade, Custom Robo, Chibi-Robo, Starfy, S&P boat where the IP is owned by Nintendo but unless there are some real extenuating circumstances, it doesn't leave the developer who made it. And I'm not saying there can't be exceptions, just that I see no reason why there would be for a series like GS given its current state.

Also I don't think there's ever been a period in time where what every single Nintendo team and affiliate is up to has been public knowledge and I doubt that will change any time soon. I mean Nintendo itself has like... 10 or more dev teams, another half-dozen first party studios, and like 15 second-party partners.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It may but this wouldn't be the first time we've got a January Direct without a notable one in March. It makes more sense to have Directs in April as opposed to March anyway. Close enough to E3 to capitalize off momentum and bolster hype going in but not so close that new major information wouldn't likely be revealed, such as in May.

I'd advise not to expect anything this month, at least not any full Direct.
what makes sense and what nintendo do arent always the same thing i think theres a reasonable chance we may see one

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
EDIT: This is fake.
So the 17th at 3PM PDT will be a Direct focusing on Wii U games.View attachment 42665
Glad this is fake, I don't care about information regarding Wii U games.

The only thing I'm interested in hearing about is something related to Golden Sun, Mewtwo's dlc release date and of course Isaac being revealed as the next dlc character for Super Smash Bros.

Until I see that, I don't care what Nintendo has to announce in the Nintendo Directs.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
what makes sense and what nintendo do arent always the same thing i think theres a reasonable chance we may see one
That's the same line of logic people use when they say "Sakurai is unpredictable, therefore expecting [insert super unlikely character here] is totally sound".

Your basis being that it doesn't make sense is not a great place to start. Yeah Nintendo makes some questionable decisions, but this is one there's a history of them not making. And them being unpredictable means unlikely things are possible, it doesn't mean unlikely things aren't unlikely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd say a March Direct is a fairly reasonable suggestion. But I do agree that April is far more likely, especially since Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will likely also be released by the time its out, so there's even less notable games with announced dates they can cover. Chronicles X is aimed for an end of April release in Japan, but I doubt that would be mentioned in an April direct. There's also not a whole lot they can do for game-specific Directs, either.

Aonuma's statement about more 3DS remakes this year does make me think that they'd probably need to announce those very soon. One reasonably could be in Summer and one in Autumn. I doubt there's more than two, but who knows? Majora's Mask 3D was already Winter and then Chronicles 3D is Spring.

A new Animal Crossing is likely overdue for an announcement as well, unless they decide not to have a Wii U Animal Crossing game, which I doubt. That could be set for next year, though. And of course, we still need information on Star Fox U, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, and Zelda U...

I definitely think we're getting a general direct soon rather than a game-specific one. Its just the question of March or April. April lines up a lot better, though they could opt for a late March one. We'll have to see.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was talking about things we already know about. Frankly I highly doubt a new Metroid is even close to a point where they could actually announce it. Golden Sun might be approaching that point where they could show an early trailer or announce that a game is in development.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was talking about things we already know about. Frankly I highly doubt a new Metroid is even close to a point where they could actually announce it. Golden Sun might be approaching that point where they could show an early trailer or announce that a game is in development.
I'm confident we'll get a Metroid announcement this year for anything, and GS is hope, very high hope

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm confident we'll get a Metroid announcement this year for anything, and GS is hope, very high hope
I could see a Metroid announcement late in the year, or more likely next year. Golden Sun I'm a bit more confident in because I feel like Camelot would announce a new title in time for their 20th anniversary next month, or at least tease it. Next year being Golden Sun's 15th anniversary certainly helps as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I could see a Metroid announcement late in the year, or more likely next year. Golden Sun I'm a bit more confident in because I feel like Camelot would announce a new title in time for their 20th anniversary next month, or at least tease it. Next year being Golden Sun's 15th anniversary certainly helps as well.
I can see it now: E3, DKCR 3 with Smash DLC of K.Rool, a new Metroid with Ridley DLC (LET ME DREAM) And a brand spanking new GS...With Isaac DLC

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can see it now: E3, DKCR 3 with Smash DLC of K.Rool, a new Metroid with Ridley DLC (LET ME DREAM) And a brand spanking new GS...With Isaac DLC
I don't see DKCR3 happening so soon. DK64 3D, yes, and it could have a new storyline like the Land games to feature Rool's return. I also think its quite likely a DK spinoff could happen as well. DKCR3, though, probably wouldn't happen just yet. That'd be saved for next year. Smash DLC with K. Rool? Probably the most likely.

Golden Sun announced? I'd say its fairly likely we could get a preliminary trailer. Again, though, Camelot's 20th anniversary is coming up, that could be when they could announce their next big project. Last year they made the announcement on 4.4. Of course I can't read Japanese so I don't know exactly what it said. Isaac DLC for Smash is fairly likely if GS4 is announced.

Either way, we'll have to see how things play out. (I still don't think Metroid will be announced this year.)

Top Bottom