• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
A while back, I talked about Isaac's possible gimmicks. I also proposed a terraforming moveset for him. Well, what if Isaac instead has a gimmick based on the puzzles from Golden Sun? Maybe he can create a stone pillar with Down B then manipulate it with his other attacks, like Move to push it, or Force to knock it down? What about Carry to lift it or Pound to break it? Think of it like Villager's tree, but much, much more versitile.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
The day has come my friends. It's been one hell of a ride, but rather than making an emotional speech, i will do what i do best. Here, have the LAST COMIC OF THE GOLDEN SUN 4-KOMA GAG BATTLE.

Thanks for the memories my friends.
Did they ever make TLA comics?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The time has come. How wonderful it will be when we see Isaac as one of the ballot characters. I got some money set aside for our Earth Adept.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

GameXplain finally talks about what makes Isaac awesome in their DLC predictions video.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hmmm.....maybe the Ballot Voting will end tomorrow. The website does say that 10/3/2015 is the deadline:
Untitled.png

Meaning, that today would be the last chance for people to vote.

*Copied from the King K. Rool Thread*

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

GameXplain finally talks about what makes Isaac awesome in their DLC predictions video.
First off Golden Sun not having a game since Lost Age is irrelevant, and Dark Dawn never happened.

They were rereleased on the VC.

At this point I don' care about Wolf or any Starfox character for that matter, in fact Falco should of been cut too since he's garbage.

I was offended to see Starfox characters outnumber the Donkey Kong characters in Brawl, there is no way in hell should we see more Starfox characters than Donkey Kong characters, my point is Wolf should of been in the forbidden 7 instead of Dixie.

Then cut Falco and add King K Rool.

Since costumes are a thing why not just have Starfox characters be costumes of Fox since they're always clones of him anyway.

The only two characters I really want to see are Isaac and King K Rool, like I said I don't care about anybody else.

Including a veteran fighters such Wolf and Snake is a waste, I'm sick of veteran fighters wasting dlc spots, its bad enough we had garbage characters like Roy and Lucas as dlc.

3rd party characters are just garbage, its fine the way it is, but having more 3rd party characters... I don't want to see it, get this Shantae garbage and this Shovel Knight garbage outta here.

These dummies don't know anything, and looking at some of the highly requested 3rd party characters being voted it seems there's quite a few dummies out there trying to ruin a perfect Super Smash Bros game, its sickening.

Isaac and King K Rool are better than ALL the characters in the Smash Ballot, therefore they both deserve to be put in over any of them!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Including a veteran fighters such Wolf and Snake is a waste, I'm sick of veteran fighters wasting dlc spots, its bad enough we had garbage characters like Roy and Lucas as dlc.
Personally, I feel like it's an even bigger waste to cut about half a dozen unique characters and provide no alternative for the people who enjoyed playing as them. Cutting Mewtwo between Melee and Brawl was strange enough, though time constraints might have been an issue, and the Ice Climbers couldn't work on the 3DS unless they were heavily changed, but there's no reasons given for why they (by the accounts that we've heard) didn't even try to contact Konami for Snake, cut 2/3 of the Pokemon Trainer, and removed Wolf (and formerly, Lucas) even though they were significantly different than Fox and Ness, respectively.

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I don't really think it matters that Golden Sun hasn't had a game since 2010. That's not a terribly long time compared to some other series that have been waiting forever. I mean, if the Mother series can have two reps, then by god, anyone can have at least one. And I say that as a huuuge fan of the Mother series. Isaac mostly has had an uphill battle due to the fact that he's in that awkward in-between; he's not quite new enough, but not quite retro enough either. Pit and Little Mac got in a lot easier despite having very few entries due to the fact that they were very retro. Isaac's support is mostly running on the steam of people who know that he has unique abilities and that his games were really damn good.

On the note of Wolf, I'm a bit more open to veteran characters myself, due to the fact that they actually took a terrible, terrible character and made him playable- Roy, that is. However, at this point it's pretty much limited to just Wolf, since I don't really want anymore Pokemon (I mean, especially Pichu, who would've been added from the start anyway if it had a shot of getting in, considering Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit), and despite being a huge Zelda fan, Young Link doesn't appeal to me because we have two Links and I'd rather get someone brand new, like Tetra or Impa. Wolf was pretty fun in Brawl, though, with his much more savage style, so I'd like to see how he'd possibly further get Luigi-fied.

Obviously, as long as we get Isaac, though, I'm not too concerned about the others. K.Rool, Dixie, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Chibi Robo, Geno, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting are all pretty great as well and have my support. I'm not too picky, apart from a couple characters that I think would be uninteresting.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't really think it matters that Golden Sun hasn't had a game since 2010. That's not a terribly long time compared to some other series that have been waiting forever. I mean, if the Mother series can have two reps, then by god, anyone can have at least one. And I say that as a huuuge fan of the Mother series. Isaac mostly has had an uphill battle due to the fact that he's in that awkward in-between; he's not quite new enough, but not quite retro enough either. Pit and Little Mac got in a lot easier despite having very few entries due to the fact that they were very retro. Isaac's support is mostly running on the steam of people who know that he has unique abilities and that his games were really damn good.

On the note of Wolf, I'm a bit more open to veteran characters myself, due to the fact that they actually took a terrible, terrible character and made him playable- Roy, that is. However, at this point it's pretty much limited to just Wolf, since I don't really want anymore Pokemon (I mean, especially Pichu, who would've been added from the start anyway if it had a shot of getting in, considering Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit), and despite being a huge Zelda fan, Young Link doesn't appeal to me because we have two Links and I'd rather get someone brand new, like Tetra or Impa. Wolf was pretty fun in Brawl, though, with his much more savage style, so I'd like to see how he'd possibly further get Luigi-fied.

Obviously, as long as we get Isaac, though, I'm not too concerned about the others. K.Rool, Dixie, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Chibi Robo, Geno, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting are all pretty great as well and have my support. I'm not too picky, apart from a couple characters that I think would be uninteresting.
I agree with this.

Personally, I feel like it's an even bigger waste to cut about half a dozen unique characters and provide no alternative for the people who enjoyed playing as them. Cutting Mewtwo between Melee and Brawl was strange enough, though time constraints might have been an issue, and the Ice Climbers couldn't work on the 3DS unless they were heavily changed, but there's no reasons given for why they (by the accounts that we've heard) didn't even try to contact Konami for Snake, cut 2/3 of the Pokemon Trainer, and removed Wolf (and formerly, Lucas) even though they were significantly different than Fox and Ness, respectively.
Yes and keep characters like ROB, its disgusting.

I remember when that leak was revealed last year, I couldn't even be happy to see Ganondorf return or excited to see Bowser Jr because I hated all the other characters in the leak.

Though Dark Pit is cooler than Pit, who cares in the end of the day, Palutena is better than both these losers.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
ROB fits right into the "quirky retro character" trend that Mr. Game & Watch started. I completely expected him to return. :p I'm sure he'll return along with Mr. G&W and Duck Hunt in Smash 5, and we'll get another quirky retro character.

Anyway, confession time: I've been playing through Lost Age for the first time, and daaang Piers is straight up the hottest character. (Mia is of course, still the cutest.) A shame we'll just have to settle for Isaac on the roster... :lol:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The day has come my friends. It's been one hell of a ride, but rather than making an emotional speech, i will do what i do best. Here, have the LAST COMIC OF THE GOLDEN SUN 4-KOMA GAG BATTLE.

Thanks for the memories my friends.
Thank you for all of the comics. It's sad, but as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

D

Deleted member

This is Super Smash Bros. You know they will be Kid Icarus characters instead.
And Medusa would somehow not be one of them.

My personal hopes for the three slots are Isaac, K. Rool and Inklings. I wonder if people forgot that Inkling fit the same criteria that Shovel Knight would too, of being a new franchise introduced and needing a new stage (Also squiddy kids, cute and woomy woomy and first party pro too). Snake could also kinda fulfil both criteria, since he'd get his series representation back from zero to one, while also being a series represented in Smash before. Hm? Wolf? Of course I want him back too - but I'm probably starting to feel my want for him is waning having to wait for his inevitable return. He's still in my top 10, if its ever stable enough. Krystal close behind too.
Now then, Adepts. We're approaching that time of closure, and a little personal self-assessment our efforts:
1: Are you satisfied with your contributions to getting Isaac into Smash Bros?
2: How strongly do you hope Isaac is picked as a winner?
3: Do you feel proud to support Isaac?
4: How would you feel if Isaac somehow got into Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?
Okay...

1. Yeah, I believe I've done what I could've. I'm only one person, so it's the collective of us all that is important.
2. I don't think Isaac will be #1, that's a certainty. However, I can see Isaac as a Top 5 or even a Top 3 contender in the Ballot results, which given the leak info about the open stages and slots, could be a good thing.
3. You betcha!
4. Believe it or not, I would. It's not the worst thing that would happen, because it would show Camelot actually considers Golden Sun to be on par with Mario and his gang. And, let's be honest; Nintendo isn't so adept (no pun intended) at using their own Mario characters in Mario ensemble games. Let's look at it like this; Toadsworth, Professor E. Gadd, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and a couple more have yet to be in a Mario Kart game, yet they feel that we must have Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, and Cat Mario. I'd rather have original characters (though characters people care about, instead of random characters like the Honey Queen) than the same characters with a new costume and a different coat of paint.

I was gonna ask about the 1.1.1. datamine, but it's on the front page of the forum.

Since today's the last day of the Ballot, I submitted two submissions; Medusa and Isaac. Now if you excuse me, I gotta take care of myself, because I got chest inflammation problems.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
My personal hopes for the three slots are Isaac, K. Rool and Inklings. I wonder if people forgot that Inkling fit the same criteria that Shovel Knight would too, of being a new franchise introduced and needing a new stage (Also squiddy kids, cute and woomy woomy and first party pro too). Snake could also kinda fulfil both criteria, since he'd get his series representation back from zero to one, while also being a series represented in Smash before. Hm? Wolf? Of course I want him back too - but I'm probably starting to feel my want for him is waning having to wait for his inevitable return. He's still in my top 10, if its ever stable enough. Krystal close behind too.

Now then, Adepts. We're approaching that time of closure, and a little personal self-assessment our efforts:
1: Are you satisfied with your contributions to getting Isaac into Smash Bros?
2: How strongly do you hope Isaac is picked as a winner?
3: Do you feel proud to support Isaac?
4: How would you feel if Isaac somehow got into Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?

My responses?
1: Having written a moveset for him, and of course the all-important vote for him in the Ballot, I've done what I can to show my support for Isaac.
2: He's my second most wanted for a reason!
3: 'Course!
4: Would main definitely.
1. My only contribution is hope.
2. If he got in, I wouldn't even care if Pichu got in. He's my no. 1 choice.
3. Definitely.
4. Would prefer him in Golf, but it would be the deciding factor in getting that game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well I voted 3 times for Isaac, over different IP addresses so I feel like I've done my bit.

Isaac is my most wanted and I would say he's the only character I REALLY want to see added to Smash. The rest of my top 5 are ones that I want but if I didn't get them I wouldn't feel super sad about it. I'd drop all four of them in a heartbeat if it meant Isaac getting in.

I certainly feel proud to be supporting Isaac. He's awesome. Golden Sun is awesome.

I don't really care about the Mario Tennis game since I have no interest in playing it. However any extra exposure Golden Sun can get is great.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
well fellow adepts. today was the las day to vote for isaac. hopefully it is enough for him. i keep hearing people wanting this stupid shovel knight or shantae and it drives me insane that characters like those would get priority over actual nintendo characters. hopefully sakurai won't screw this up otherwise i will forever have no faith in him ever again.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
well fellow adepts. today was the las day to vote for isaac. hopefully it is enough for him. i keep hearing people wanting this stupid shovel knight or shantae and it drives me insane that characters like those would get priority over actual nintendo characters. hopefully sakurai won't screw this up otherwise i will forever have no faith in him ever again.
Woah. Take it easy, please. Shovel Knight and Shantae both have a reasonable chance to get into the game, so they aren't like other troll characters that people jokingly put into the ballot. To be honest, it's not a good idea to bash other characters anyway. It just leads to pointless insulting and arguing.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Woah. Take it easy, please. Shovel Knight and Shantae both have a reasonable chance to get into the game, so they aren't like other troll characters that people jokingly put into the ballot. To be honest, it's not a good idea to bash other characters anyway. It just leads to pointless insulting and arguing.
my problem is that they would get in over nintendo characters. i'm seriously hoping sakurai is sticking to his philosophy of 3rd party characters as being a special case. shovel knight and shantae are not iconic like banjo or snake. it baffles me why those 2 should get in over more recognizable characters. but i will say this, if isaac, wolf, and king k rool make it into the game, then i will care less if shovel knight or shantae got in.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
my problem is that they would get in over nintendo characters. i'm seriously hoping sakurai is sticking to his philosophy of 3rd party characters as being a special case. shovel knight and shantae are not iconic like banjo or snake. it baffles me why those 2 should get in over more recognizable characters. but i will say this, if isaac, wolf, and king k rool make it into the game, then i will care less if shovel knight or shantae got in.
In a way, you're correct, but Shantae's got history (been around since 2002 with three successful games and a fourth one coming), and Shovel Knight had a very well received game (although I admit he should not be in Smash 4, rather the next in order to gain more recognition due to him only being 1+ years old at this point). Banjo and Snake do have that iconic shine in a sense of what their games did (Banjo being a 3D-Platformer and Snake introducing the silent/sneaking game-play that would apply to other games). Either way, I will agree with you on one thing; At the very least, those three or some other top contenders (namely Bandana Dee, for example) should arrive first, with 3rd parties perhaps being a treat afterwards if they had to include some more characters. Sakurai is unpredictable, however, so what move he decides to take with character selection/placement is entirely up to him.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I wouldn't mind Snake returning, since he was pretty unique, in terms of moveset. I might even try to main him if he does; I like a character with a good projectile game.

Anyhow, I finally had some more time to play Golden Sun on mine Wii U. Gosh, this game brings back so many memories. I'm currently at Mercury Lighthouse.

Playing through the game again after so many years has let me understand the mechanics even better than before. Way back then, I was a mono-elemental noob, but now I have found much more intelligent ways to use the Djinn besides just spamming their unleashes until I can summon Judgment and whatnot. Since Ivan is the fastest, I gave him Fizz and Forge, which are more useful the sooner they are used. Since Garet is the slowest, I gave him Granite, since its unleash ability always comes first. Overall, I have found that mixing up the Djinn adds a lot of flexibility, and thus more strategy.

If Isaac makes in Smash, Sakurai should definitely incorporate the Djinn; they're just too good a tool to pass up.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13

There ia one part where Andre I think says something like: "the alarms are going off at the BitBlock building, because of another ANIME SWORD USER" or something along the lines of that. It actually made me scream:mad:
First off Golden Sun not having a game since Lost Age is irrelevant, and Dark Dawn never happened.

They were rereleased on the VC.

At this point I don' care about Wolf or any Starfox character for that matter, in fact Falco should of been cut too since he's garbage.

I was offended to see Starfox characters outnumber the Donkey Kong characters in Brawl, there is no way in hell should we see more Starfox characters than Donkey Kong characters, my point is Wolf should of been in the forbidden 7 instead of Dixie.

Then cut Falco and add King K Rool.

Since costumes are a thing why not just have Starfox characters be costumes of Fox since they're always clones of him anyway.

The only two characters I really want to see are Isaac and King K Rool, like I said I don't care about anybody else.

3rd party characters are just garbage, its fine the way it is, but having more 3rd party characters... I don't want to see it, get this Shantae garbage and this Shovel Knight garbage outta here.

These dummies don't know anything, and looking at some of the highly requested 3rd party characters being voted it seems there's quite a few dummies out there trying to ruin a perfect Super Smash Bros game, its sickening.

Isaac and King K Rool are better than ALL the characters in the Smash Ballot, therefore they both deserve to be put in over any of them!
I do agree that Dixie, K.Rool or both should have been in Brawl, but don't rag on other characters man. Starfox characters are similar, but different enough to have their own identity, same with Roy and Lucas, don't blame other characters for taking your slots. People want those characters just as much as you want K.Rool and Isaac and you don't want them to get aggressive on you. The point of the smash ballot is to see what the public whats and if Wolf, Shantae and Shovel Knight get in then your obviously in the minority. /rant over.

NOTE: There is only one character you're allowed to diss in the whole of smash and the ballot- Lucina (sorry Lucina mains):urg:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Without any hate for both Shantae and Shovel Knight (they're nice characters, they have cool games and I personally like them), I agree that they have nothing to do in Smash (as playable characters anyway), and if one of them was included, my faith in Sakurai would decrease again (and it's already at a very, very low level). That has nothing to do with Isaac's inclusion or not, it's more about Smash's quality standards decreasing again, imo.

It may not be the best place to talk about this, but since this thread is the only place I look on Smashboards, well... :ohwell:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There ia one part where Andre I think says something like: "the alarms are going off at the BitBlock building, because of another ANIME SWORD USER" or something along the lines of that. It actually made me scream:mad:
He thought the BitBlock guy would complain because the BitBlock guy had the impression that Isaac was an anime-type character. Turned out he was wrong about that.

NOTE: There is only one character you're allowed to diss in the whole of smash and the ballot- Lucina (sorry Lucina mains):urg:
I like Lucina. :ohwell:

I think you mean "Dark Pit".

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You know I don't get why people are still complaining about Lucina and Dark Pit they are literally costumes in a box. I mean people don't get upset about both Robins or the multiple Villagers or the Koopalings. Its the same thing they were going to be included regardless so they didn't take any time that could be spent otherwise. That annoys me almost as much as the argument of too many sword users or generic anime swordsmen.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Big House 5 Hype is Hype.

If Isaac gets in, I plan on bodying ZeRo and Nairo at The Big House 6 a year from now.

With Isaac.

Hey, don't look at me like that. A man can dream, right?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In a way, you're correct, but Shantae's got history (been around since 2002 with three successful games and a fourth one coming), and Shovel Knight had a very well received game (although I admit he should not be in Smash 4, rather the next in order to gain more recognition due to him only being 1+ years old at this point). Banjo and Snake do have that iconic shine in a sense of what their games did (Banjo being a 3D-Platformer and Snake introducing the silent/sneaking game-play that would apply to other games). Either way, I will agree with you on one thing; At the very least, those three or some other top contenders (namely Bandana Dee, for example) should arrive first, with 3rd parties perhaps being a treat afterwards if they had to include some more characters. Sakurai is unpredictable, however, so what move he decides to take with character selection/placement is entirely up to him.
They still pale in comparison to the other 3rd party characters that have appeared in Smash Bros. There's no two ways about it. Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Snake all have blockbuster style appeal.

If Shantae gets in it'll be because she's indie and performed well in the ballot, not because she's a notable or iconic character. It all depends on whether Sakurai thinks a character being "indie" is a notable enough quirk to get a character into the game as a fighter. If he doesn't see a difference between AAA and indie when making his decision there could be a problem for indie characters since the bar may be raised too high for them to make an impression.

It pretty much counts on him going easy on indies because they're indie.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As a Lucina main I can confirm you are not allowed to diss Lucina.
So don't.

If Isaac gets in, I plan on bodying ZeRo and Nairo at The Big House 6 a year from now.

With Isaac.

Go for it.
Just watch out for the guy who's going to wreck everyone with Wolf. :D

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92

With Isaac.

Not if I beat you to it. ;)

If Isaac gets in, money match me brah. Final Destination, no items, Isaac only, $10.
Winner gets the title of "Weyard's True Hope against ZeRo"

(jk... I think)

On a more serious note, I'm hyped at all the support Isaac has. Now begins the wait, but I know I will endure it with many other like-minded souls with excellent taste in video games, which makes it a bit better.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Not if I beat you to it. ;)

If Isaac gets in, money match me brah. Final Destination, no items, Isaac only, $10.
Winner gets the title of "Weyard's True Hope against ZeRo"

(jk... I think)

On a more serious note, I'm hyped at all the support Isaac has. Now begins the wait, but I know I will endure it with many other like-minded souls with excellent taste in video games, which makes it a bit better.
That's pretty and all, but I'll be the one to defeat ZeRo using Isaac, fite me m8s (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Ok everyone, I'm sorry about what I said and I did actually forget about Dark Pit. It's not that I think they are bad characters, I think that they were implemented in to the game poorly as a character instead of costumes. Sorry I know the feeling of our mains being disrespected, one of my mains is Toon Link so I know all about that. In that post I had a headache (and still have one) so I didn't want to go into too much detail. Again sorry.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
I don't even understand the "generic anime" part of the usual complaint.

1. Generic. Are people wanting someone whose clothing is wildly asymmetric? Whose sword -- if they use one -- is weird? There are plenty of video game and anime characters with such attributes. Final Fantasy characters comes to mind, for example.

2. Anime. And? The character artists are Japanese, and the Japanese usually give non-goofy characters spiky hair and large, non-ovoid eyes. In the context of Smash, it's mainly the eyes that are distinctly "anime-style". What, exactly, is wrong with that?

As to Isaac being a swordsman: I think people are just tired of seeing swords as characters' weapons. Either that or they hate the added reach that such characters usually have (which was mainly a Marth thing... in Melee). OH! OH!! You know what should be done? Isaac shouldn't use his sword at all in his moveset, and one of his taunts should be... Ganondorf's sword taunt... just to rub it in the faces of Isaac's detractors. :chuckle:

Top Bottom