• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

XTremeGamer1234

Smash Rookie
So how about that? Shia LaBeouf is getting a lot of votes...

NOOOOOOOO, FOX AND CAPT. FALCON DECONFIRMED!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isaac dodging bullets like its the Matrix.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I did gave my vote to Isaac in Etika's poll, but anyway I won't give it much credit:
His fanbase isn't making it a poll to take into consideration too much: Too much joke votes, big gathering of what I consider bandwagon (Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean they're bad) characters of the Ballot like Shovel Knight, Shantae or Banjo.

They're not exactly a neutral/representative sample of people. Again, I'm not criticizing his audience, I'm just reasoning.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So we survive another MiiCostume Massacre.

The clock is ticking and has almost ticked its last tock.

What is going to happen? Where will the salt be? Who will be salty? Who will celebrate with crazy gifs and youtube music spams? Who will stride with wide grins of glorious confidence on their faces from the Wastelands of the Wii U/3DS Character Discussion Forum to the Promised Land of their very own Character Subforum?

GAH!!!!!

Edit: Now try reading that last question while listening to this:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

What is going to happen? Where will the salt be? Who will be salty? Who will celebrate with crazy gifs and youtube music spams? Who will stride with wide grins of glorious confidence on their faces from the Wastelands of the Wii U/3DS Character Discussion Forum to the Promised Land of their very own Character Subforum?

GAH!!!!!
BRING ON THE MUSIC!

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

Find out in the next episode oooof... GOLDEN SUN Z!!! :troll:

(Reminds me of the Smashified guy who compared Isaac's and Goku's hair :awesome:)

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

(Reminds me of the Smashified guy who compared Isaac's and Goku's hair :awesome:)
We need another dozen episodes of Goku Fighting Freeza Mii Costumes being released, then the thirteenth episode being a recap of Goku's fight with Freeza every Mii Costume being released and then we actually get Isaac as a Fighter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The hilarity of that comment is that Isaac's hair is hardly anything like Goku's at all. Isaac was just the only character who came even close to Goku's of the potential candidates they could've been drawing.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
The ballot is almost over and soon, the hype will begin with the announcement of a new direct. Many Smash fans will gather too watch the direct, just to see who got playable... In the middle of the direct, the smash logo appears...the tension is high, we see Ganondorf, at what seems to be a lighthouse beacon, when suddenly, we hear a footstep. Ganondorf turns his head to see what it is and then, a brown boot appears, the screen slides up, we see blue equipment, a sword, a yellow scarf, yellow hair, the camera turns, and we see... ISAAC MOVES INTO BATTLE!

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Phew, I've finally recovered from my crippling personal problems almost too late.

I'm so tense, you guys, but I think we can stay confident even now with only 2 days remaining until the ballot ends.

The Mii Fighter costumes all but deconfirmed K. Rool and Viridi along with all the other Megamen and even the Inklings.

Of course, it is too early to say for sure that characters who were made into costumes COULDN'T also be made into playable characters...

See: Samus, Captain Falcon

That said, it seems much less likely. The Mii Fighter Crossover costumes seem to me like a gentle "We don't think these would make good characters on their own, but if you'd like to play as them, by all means have this costume for your Mii Fighter."

And as stated, Isaac has been still, nowhere to be found so let's all stay hopeful now!

IT'S THE FINAL HOUR!!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Phew, I've finally recovered from my crippling personal problems almost too late.

I'm so tense, you guys, but I think we can stay confident even now with only 2 days remaining until the ballot ends.

The Mii Fighter costumes all but deconfirmed K. Rool and Viridi along with all the other Megamen and even the Inklings.

Of course, it is too early to say for sure that characters who were made into costumes COULDN'T also be made into playable characters...

See: Samus, Captain Falcon

That said, it seems much less likely. The Mii Fighter Crossover costumes seem to me like a gentle "We don't think these would make good characters on their own, but if you'd like to play as them, by all means have this costume for your Mii Fighter."

And as stated, Isaac has been still, nowhere to be found so let's all stay hopeful now!

IT'S THE FINAL HOUR!!
Pure conjecture. The Mii Costume doesn't deconfirm K. Rool at all, or Inklings for that matter. There's nothing stopping them from adding characters after the Mii Costumes, kinda like Roy the Koopaling didn't stop Roy from FE like so many thought it would. Or many other made up rules made by Smash fans that Sakurai doesn't actually abide by. No "Lord Roy" or "Roy Koopa" shenanigans, both are just called Roy, even if the concept was mind bending to Smash die hards prior to.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Pure conjecture. The Mii Costume doesn't deconfirm K. Rool at all, or Inklings for that matter. There's nothing stopping them from adding characters after the Mii Costumes, kinda like Roy the Koopaling didn't stop Roy from FE like so many thought it would. Or many other made up rules made by Smash fans that Sakurai doesn't actually abide by. No "Lord Roy" or "Roy Koopa" shenanigans, both are just called Roy, even if the concept was mind bending to Smash die hards prior to.
Literally just said as much

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Funny you should mention that. I actually had a dream last night that Nintendo announced that 7 characters would be coming from the ballot. Although Isaac didn't appear. The spokeswoman implied Ridley would be playable though.

Also I watched a city fire missiles at itself for some reason and I took swimming lessons.
Wouldn't mind 7 more characters, however if none of them are Isaac, then I don't give a damn about any of them.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Well, looks like the ballot is all but over. Here's hoping Isaac makes the cut.

Although, if a new character is announced before New Years, mine money is on Wolf, what with the upcoming release of Star Fox Zero. If we get a bundle like we did with Roy, Ryu, and Lucas, I'd love for it to be Isaac, Wolf, and King K. Rool.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me if I misconstrued your post.
It's all good.

The main threats against Golden Boy (Realistically speaking) are what

K. Rool
Krystal
Snake, possibly?
Wolf, assuming he wasn't already planned to be released alongside Star Fox Zero
and Wonder Red, right?

To be honest, if that's all... I think he has a real shot.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Fixed your post with a more fitting song imo.
Sounds too pessimistic/hopeless for my liking. I'd rather use this:

It has the suspense the song should have to reflect our current situation, but not the feeling that "It's over, we've lost", since we have not lost yet and Isaac has a good shot. ;)

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Apparently more Marios have been found in the recent update. As well as stages. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119400
I was about to comment on that if nobody already did.

Well... I guess they could have added one more placeholder for testing purposes, and they could still add more.
That being said, only three more characters is a possibility. Not the most encouraging one, but a possibility.

I was leaning more towards 4 because of the 1st character pack being 4 characters and the maximum being 6 because of the CSS being filled. Who knows...?

Edit: Because of the numbers of placeholders of characters and stages, @PushDustIn from Source Gaming theorizes we're going to get 1 newcomer from an existing franchise and 2 from new franchises. What do you all think?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Edit: Because of the numbers of placeholders of characters and stages, @PushDustIn from Source Gaming theorizes we're going to get 1 newcomer from an existing franchise and 2 from new franchises. What do you all think?
There's actually 6 stage slots (3 Omega, 3Regular) though one is theorised to be Pirate Ship 3DS...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's actually 6 stage slots (3 Omega, 3Regular) though one is theorised to be Pirate Ship 3DS...
You might as well say 3 stages, but yeah, I think the one "in between" is actually Pirate Ship. They planned on using Pirate Ship, but changed their mind, and might later redirect that spot to a different stage (or remove it all-together).

littl-myth

Smash Rookie
Time will tell what these slots are.
Feels very tense at the moment, close to the end of the ballot, Isaac still hiding in the shadows using Cloak.
Still spreading Isaac love around at college, they blank me. Except my tutor, he work's for Nintendo.

Does anyone want some Lucky Pepper for the very mysterious and intense times of the ballot?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
It feels like the few days around the release all over again. Remember? All the Big 5 theories, the fake leaks, the search for anything Golden Sun-related in the 3DS version. Kinda hard to believe that's been a year ago already.

Here's to a satisfying outcome!

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid that there added only one character slot. I hope it's not the last.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
They set the precedent that they can add more whenever they want. The timing is strange, JUST before the ballot ends.

If Push theorizes a newcomer for an existing franchise and two newcomers from new franchises:

K. Rool, Isaac, Shovel Knight.

My personal hope is Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My personal hopes for the three slots are Isaac, K. Rool and Inklings. I wonder if people forgot that Inkling fit the same criteria that Shovel Knight would too, of being a new franchise introduced and needing a new stage (Also squiddy kids, cute and woomy woomy and first party pro too). Snake could also kinda fulfil both criteria, since he'd get his series representation back from zero to one, while also being a series represented in Smash before. Hm? Wolf? Of course I want him back too - but I'm probably starting to feel my want for him is waning having to wait for his inevitable return. He's still in my top 10, if its ever stable enough. Krystal close behind too.

Now then, Adepts. We're approaching that time of closure, and a little personal self-assessment our efforts:
1: Are you satisfied with your contributions to getting Isaac into Smash Bros?
2: How strongly do you hope Isaac is picked as a winner?
3: Do you feel proud to support Isaac?
4: How would you feel if Isaac somehow got into Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?

My responses?
1: Having written a moveset for him, and of course the all-important vote for him in the Ballot, I've done what I can to show my support for Isaac.
2: He's my second most wanted for a reason!
3: 'Course!
4: Would main definitely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They set the precedent that they can add more whenever they want. The timing is strange, JUST before the ballot ends.

If Push theorizes a newcomer for an existing franchise and two newcomers from new franchises:

K. Rool, Isaac, Shovel Knight.

My personal hope is Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac.
He only said that because of the two stages, but there can just as easily be one other returning stage, too. Plus there could be a new stage for an existing franchise. I think the most likely outcome is Wolf and two NINTENDO newcomers (its too early for third-parties). My bets are on Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
You might as well say 3 stages, but yeah, I think the one "in between" is actually Pirate Ship. They planned on using Pirate Ship, but changed their mind, and might later redirect that spot to a different stage (or remove it all-together).
Or they're waiting for Hyrule Warriors Legends...

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Now then, Adepts. We're approaching that time of closure, and a little personal self-assessment our efforts:
1: Are you satisfied with your contributions to getting Isaac into Smash Bros?
2: How strongly do you hope Isaac is picked as a winner?
3: Do you feel proud to support Isaac?
4: How would you feel if Isaac somehow got into Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?
1. Yes, voted for him several times and on different computers, as well as conviced some friends to vote for him (one of my best friends wants Isaac almost as much as I do and he hasn't played a single Golden Sun game yet).
2. I'm pretty positive, since he's moveset potencial is huge and Isaac's an extremely popular pick almost everywhere, except in Japan.
3. My favorite videogame character from all time, so yes, definitely an yes.
4. I think it would be kinda weird to see Isaac playing Tennis, but I would really like to see him in that game.

Top Bottom