• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
@Speedwagon you should post the comics more frequently since we are nearing the end of the ballot.

I think they mean we are the Hipters that like a game that isn't that mainstream...
They don't even know that I want Bub from Bubble Bobble and Pete from Harvest moon in Smash... that's obscure
BUB!

Hey guys.

Hopefully Isaac will make it in, I want him and Bomberman to make it.

Are you guys rooting for anybody other than Isaac?
Like everyone. Short list: King K. Rool, Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Wolf, Goku (Yuyuki), Donbe and Hikari, Starfy, etc.

D

Deleted member

@Speedwagon you should post the comics more frequently since we are nearing the end of the ballot.
There are only 2 comics left. If i had more than that, i would upload them.

I was going to post the last comic on October 3rd, but since i have an extra comic left i will post it tomorrow.

Though i will see if i can post Golden Sun videos/fanart/other stuff when the comics are over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Hey guys.

Hopefully Isaac will make it in, I want him and Bomberman to make it.

Are you guys rooting for anybody other than Isaac?
Before Smash4 came out I wanted Ghirahim(suprise I know) and Demise to replace Ganondorf ( hopefully he would use his sword), but in the ballot probably just K.Rool and Crono. I don't care if they don't get in, but it would be cool. K.Rool is probably already in though.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

I was going to post the last comic on October 3rd, but since i have an extra comic left i will post it tomorrow.

Though i will se if i can post Golden Sun videos/fanart/other stuff when the comics are over.
If you can find scenic panoramas of the Lighthouses, that would be awesome.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Though i will se if i can post Golden Sun videos/fanart/other stuff when the comics are over.
If you can find scenic panoramas of the Lighthouses, that would be awesome.
Well I have been posting tons of fanart, and I have yet to find something with panoramic view of the lighthouse.

Let me check again...

Wow, not a single one. Out of 250+ pieces I have, only this one showcases a view of a lighthouse.

mercury_lighthouse_by_rebenke.jpg

Marvel at the snow covered land of the Mercury Lighthouse!

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

Your current avatar is my reaction to the end of the comics.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Something some of you guys may have seen before but I'd like to share my current desktop background.

"Fields of Angara" by neshirys. They have a fair bit of other GS fanart too.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Something some of you guys may have seen before but I'd like to share my current desktop background.

"Fields of Angara" by neshirys. They have a fair bit of other GS fanart too.
Yea remember this one. Made by the same guy who makes the art for Skyberry Symphony's GS covers.

This is like the 3rd-4th time it has been posted :p (2 times by me x D)

Edit:
Chapter Serf Chapter Serf
Despite your status and similarity to @Strider_Bond00J 's avatar, I just realized that yours is the male inkling FE style (it just didn't 'click' before). Imma go die of shame now.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I remember that once, we talked about Golden Sun related dreams, right?
Last night I dreamed (well, more like a nightmare :scared:) that Sakurai made Isaac return... as an AT.

Hopefully this one means nothing.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Last night I dreamed (well, more like a nightmare :scared:) that Sakurai made Isaac return... as an AT.

NEW ADVANCED TECHNIQUE: THE 'ISAAC'

"Hi guys, My Smash Corner here with a frightening new advanced technique I found was added with the new patch.
With all Fire Emblem characters as well as Palutena (*shakes fist* le sakurai bias), if you input :GCU::GCL::GCR::GCD::GCRT: in a 5 frame window, Isaac appears out of nowhere and casts Judgement, obliterating everyone on the stage!! HAS SAKURAI GONE MAD?!? :psycho:"

(that's what you meant, right? ;))

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

"Hi guys, My Smash Corner here with a frightening new advanced technique I found was added with the new patch.
With all Fire Emblem characters as well as Palutena (*shakes fist* le sakurai bias), if you input :GCU::GCL::GCR::GCD::GCRT: in a 5 frame window, Isaac appears out of nowhere and casts Judgement, obliterating everyone on the stage!! HAS SAKURAI GONE MAD?!? :psycho:"

Assist Trophy, of course. :teeth:

A piece of news about Camelot: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash will be released on November 20th.
Let's hope the game will be better than everyone seems to predict... :urg:

Also, Nintendo of Europe added 6 games to the "Nintendo Selects", including Mario Tennis Open.
They seem to try to help Camelot a lot recently... Though if they need help, it's a little bit worrying. :(

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

So Isaac became a Street Fighter input now? :p

XTremeGamer1234

Smash Rookie
What about mii costumes? With every dlc update, we always get more costumes, I expect them and some more crushed dreams.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What about mii costumes? With every dlc update, we always get more costumes, I expect them and some more crushed dreams.
I expect crushed dreams, but I don't expect it to actually affect anything officially because I think people are being totally ridiculous about what Mii Fighter costumes mean for other characters being added later. I just expect crushed dreams from the people who DO think they mean something.

D

Deleted member

It's time for a comic again:

Tune in October 3rd for the final comic. Same Speed time, same Speed Channel thread.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Still waiting for a Golden Sun x Hyrule Warriors x-over (or a GS musou).
Why not just have a Golden Sun x Zelda fighting game instead, that would be better imo.

Just few days until the ballot ends.... I can't help, but think though it would be cool to play as a female Golden Sun adept suh as Jenna or Mia, I wish that was possible.

At least let there be alternate outfits of them.

Another thing they can do is include more than just Isaac with full costumes much like they did with Bowser Jr, all the adpts do the same thing anyway, so it'd work.

The costumes I'd like to see are Jenna, Saturos, Ivan, Garet, Mia, Alex and Felix, basically just use characters from the first game... I don't want Piers.

There better be a Jenna trophy.

Btw, Sheik is cool. ;)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Another thing they can do is include more than just Isaac with full costumes much like they did with Bowser Jr, all the adpts do the same thing anyway, so it'd work.

The costumes I'd like to see are Jenna, Saturos, Ivan, Garet, Mia, Alex and Felix, basically just use characters from the first game... I don't want Piers.
Bowser Jr. was basically added for the sole purpose of having 7 Koopalings playable therefore making his moveset more Koopaling friendly. I hated that. Isaac should not get the same treatment.

TeamFlareZakk

Bowser Jr. was basically added for the sole purpose of having 7 Koopalings playable therefore making his moveset more Koopaling friendly. I hated that. Isaac should not get the same treatment.
I think he should because I don't know about you guys, but Isaac isn't the only Golden Sun character I want to play as in Super Smash Bros, I want a few of them in and alternative costumes is the best way to do it, because I doubt we'll see two Golden Sun character spots on the roster.

Also I want to play as a FEMALE Golden Sun character, like Jenna or Mia.

Saturos is just so badass looking, Isaac should have a alternate costume of him.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I think he should because I don't know about you guys, but Isaac isn't the only Golden Sun character I want to play as in Super Smash Bros, I want a few of them in and alternative costumes is the best way to do it, because I doubt we'll see two Golden Sun character spots on the roster.

Also I want to play as a FEMALE Golden Sun character, like Jenna or Mia.

Saturos is just so badass looking, Isaac should have a alternate costume of him.
I disagree. BJ and the Koopalings are similar enough that they are interchangeable. Not to mention, most attacks are based on the Klown Kar, so it doesn't really matter the rider.

Isaac and friends on the other hand have so many differences that it wouldn't make sense for them to be interchangeable, (eg. Mia summoning Judgement souls not really be that fitting). I'd feel the Lucina costume treatment would better fit.

TeamFlareZakk

I disagree. BJ and the Koopalings are similar enough that they are interchangeable. Not to mention, most attacks are based on the Klown Kar, so it doesn't really matter the rider.

Isaac and friends on the other hand have so many differences that it wouldn't make sense for them to be interchangeable, (eg. Mia summoning Judgement souls not really be that fitting). I'd feel the Lucina costume treatment would better fit.
Fair enough, and the characters I mentioned are the characters I would like to see.

Isaac ( default )
Felix
Jenna
Ivan
Mia
Alex
Saturos

Especially want the Saturos costume, that's my main right there, it would be epic!

Why not have the Robin treatment where one or two costumes is a female character?

Out of Jenna and Mia, which is a better choice?

Also Golden Sun Mii costumes make it happen, there's a few characters that would be great to have for that, except Isaac of course.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Funny you should mention that. I actually had a dream last night that Nintendo announced that 7 characters would be coming from the ballot. Although Isaac didn't appear. The spokeswoman implied Ridley would be playable though.

Also I watched a city fire missiles at itself for some reason and I took swimming lessons.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Funny you should mention that. I actually had a dream last night that Nintendo announced that 7 characters would be coming from the ballot. Although Isaac didn't appear. The spokeswoman implied Ridley would be playable though.

Also I watched a city fire missiles at itself for some reason and I took swimming lessons.
Okay no more hot dogs before bed for you.

Still though, Ridley's in that dream so I guess it's a good one. The city who fired missiles at itself probably couldn't contain the hype of Ridley, or was that upset about Isaac not being there.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
At least we, 3DS plebs players, got a free duck hunt stage, which is good, I guess.

Besides that, this update was kinda meh, now we'll have to wait to see the balance notes.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well the next mii fighter pack has come out and we have been spared the fate of the Kutthroats (if that actually means anything.)
Although when I saw the Captain Falcon outfit it certainly worried me at first - same colors and a scarf.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I totally should have called the Pirate Ship returning when I had the chance.

That was the one I thought was most likely to come back from Brawl actually.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
At least we, 3DS [/strike]plebs[strike] players, got a free duck hunt stage, which is good, I guess.

Besides that, this update was kinda meh, now we'll have to wait to see the balance notes.
I think you got the order of your strike tags wrong :p

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm pretty confident that if we get Isaac and a Golden Sun stage the two songs we already have will be ported to the Golden Sun stage and we might get 2-4 more songs. (Some of them might be ported directly from Dark Dawn)

In this latest update they ported some songs from other stages to add to Mario Maker and Pirate Ship.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty confident that if we get Isaac and a Golden Sun stage the two songs we already have will be ported to the Golden Sun stage and we might get 2-4 more songs. (Some of them might be ported directly from Dark Dawn)

In this latest update they ported some songs from other stages to add to Mario Maker and Pirate Ship.
It also means we could get music ported from other stages too. A Gangplank Galleon stage, for example, could get the Brawl remix. Granted, that's iffy at this point with Pirate Ship pack.

A GS stage would definitely have both of the existing songs on it by default.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It also means we could get music ported from other stages too. A Gangplank Galleon stage, for example, could get the Brawl remix. Granted, that's iffy at this point with Pirate Ship pack.

A GS stage would definitely have both of the existing songs on it by default.
I think it's most likely that King K Rool won't come with his own stage. Ryu is the only character that came bundled with his own stage and he was a newcomer from a new franchise.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it's most likely that King K Rool won't come with his own stage. Ryu is the only character that came bundled with his own stage and he was a newcomer from a new franchise.
Nah, I don't think he will either, but I do want a new DK stage.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Thanks i managed to do my vote

Why people vote so many times in goku?
Because Etika's fanbase is full of unfunny imbeciles that think they're funny like any fanbase.
Shia LaBeouf, Shrek, Finn, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) are also there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom