• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are a TON of people who want Chorus Men in the game. I'm sorry I really don't understand the point you're trying to make.
There's a decent amount, but the only reason anyone cared about them is the Gematsu leak, and largely not many talk about them anymore except for the occasional leak that pops up trying to claim that they're actually coming.

Difference is, one was released before the game came out, one was after. It's not like in those two days, thousands of people bought Meta Knight Mii costumes to later be surprised with Meta Knight becoming playable. Why would Sakurai charge fans for something that isn't exactly what they want, but then later give them exactly what they want? It doesn't make sense. Comparing both scenarios is like comparing apples with oranges.
Multiple options. It'll take a while for the actual character to release, so they provide another option in the mean time. We haven't had a first-party newcomer yet to have any real comparisons, so we can't say one thing or another about it. Nobody should be jumping to conclusions about anything related to Mii costumes right now.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Difference is, one was released before the game came out, one was after. It's not like in those two days, thousands of people bought Meta Knight Mii costumes to later be surprised with Meta Knight becoming playable. Why would Sakurai charge fans for something that isn't exactly what they want, but then later give them exactly what they want? It doesn't make sense. Comparing both scenarios is like comparing apples with oranges.
To be fair if I went out and bought an Isaac Mii Costume and then Isaac was released as an actual playable character 2 months later I wouldn't REALLY care. I mean I'd be over the moon just to have Isaac playable.

Plus it's not like it would be the first questionable business decision made by Nintendo.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, logical.

Considering Sakurai's candid dislike for the "DLC Scam" tactic, your argument does make a lot of sense.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm, logical.

Considering Sakurai's candid dislike for the "DLC Scam" tactic, your argument does make a lot of sense.
But how would it be a "scam" in Sakurai's eyes? That has nothing to do with what Sakurai said. Sakurai's complaint was about taking content out of the game and releasing it later (and even then, he effectively did that anyway; he cut characters from the previous game and released one of them, Lucas, as DLC for this one as a full-priced character).

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Multiple options. It'll take a while for the actual character to release, so they provide another option in the mean time. We haven't had a first-party newcomer yet to have any real comparisons, so we can't say one thing or another about it. Nobody should be jumping to conclusions about anything related to Mii costumes right now.
You're right. As pessimistic as I am about this, we truthfully will never know until around October.
Also, is this the first time a Mii has been showcased with a smile this large?

Kind of odd.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I figured you guys were pre occupied with the Mii costumes. I guess I was mistaken.
:(
I don't blame you. The Mii costumes are making everyone nuts. 30+ pages in the K. Rool thread in the past 2 days.

Maybe Isaac not getting a Mii outfit is bad and he's not getting Sakurai's attention? Ugh.

D

Deleted member

And now we start with my favorite artist of the whole 4-koma gag antology group! :seuss:
Presenting...........
MIKABE SESUNA! :colorful:

The Halt Gem really had the potential to be OP as all Hell.

D

Deleted member

As good news as that is, I'ma doubt everything till my own update finishes. 60% and counting. Did anyone ever see what the other costumes are after Lloyd and the bear?
The other Mii costumes are the Black Knight from Fire Emblem and Varia Suit Samus.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
The last two mii costumes are Black Knight and Samus. The Dr. Mario stage isn't here so I guess that already deconfirms the Chorus Men thing haha

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Alright, now I can finally relax. I checked for myself and Isaac is not a costume. Still no news on new fighters, but I'll take it at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To "celebrate" this moment, have another comic:

Let's hope nothing bad happens again (at least for a while.....).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why does a Mii Costume entail that a character's chances has been reduced to zero?
I'm not sure about bringing it down to zero, but it seems (to me, at least) to indicate that the developers don't want to (or can't) include that character as DLC, so they're adding a Mii costume to acknowledge their popularity. (at the very least, in the cases of K. Rool and Inkling. IDK how popular the third party or Animal Crossing characters are)

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Even if it means nothing for Sakurai and his team, it could have an effect:
Since we don't know whether it's the case or not, some people will think the characters concerned were "deconfirmed".
They could then change their votes to try to make another character they want popular.

There is a possibility to hear about some DK fans switching their votes to Dixie, for example.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Stage 3: IGARASHI EMI CLEAR.

NEXT STAGE:MIKABE SESUNA
Heh-heh I absolutely loved the corn cob comic was thinking of posting it earlier :D

To "celebrate" this moment, have another comic:

Let's hope nothing bad happens again (at least for a while.....).
The roof repair bills shouldn't even matter to them! I had like 200k gold coins by the end of the game, they should be filthy rich in the land of Weyard :p

We survived the Assist Trophy purge as well. That didn't exactly turn out well for us in the end, though, did it?
Well the characters who are AT are pretty much not in the run for DLC characters so I don't think that turned out bad.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Why does a Mii Costume entail that a character's chances has been reduced to zero?
It absolutely doesn't! At least I don't believe it does. But when you look at how K. Rool lost a lot of support and hope from some of his fans after his mii fighter was revealed. It would really hurt Isaac to suddenly become "decomfirmed" in the eyes of some people.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Heh-heh I absolutely loved the corn cob comic was thinking of posting it earlier :D

The roof repair bills shouldn't even matter to them! I had like 200k gold coins by the end of the game, they should be filthy rich in the land of Weyard :p

Well the characters who are AT are pretty much not in the run for DLC characters so I don't think that turned out bad.
The thing I don't get is how there is a distinction between Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes.
If Assist Trophies are "deconfirmed", why wouldn't Costumes deconfirm characters too...?
Because they are costumes and not the actual character?
It seems to be a silly reason to me when you can perfectly make 8 Mario "clones" fight against each other anyway.

To me it's either "everyone still has a chance" or "both ATs and costumes won't happen as playable characters".

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Something sort of went under the radar due to the K. Rool stuff; Wolf isn't in the game yet. So is Wolf's fate now up to the ballot?

I just wish October were here already.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
The thing I don't get is how there is a distinction between Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes.
If Assist Trophies are "deconfirmed", why wouldn't Costumes deconfirm characters too...?
It seems to be a silly reason to me when you can perfectly make 8 Mario "clones" fight against each other anyway.

To me it's either "everyone still has a chance" or "both ATs and costumes won't happen as playable characters".
Speaking of this... I don't see why they aren't making more costumes out of the ATs. If they are already deconfirmed, then there's no reason not to make Mii costumes out of them. I would really like to play as Saki even if he has to be Miified.

I'm not saying that they are necessarily deconfirmed but to me their chances are slim.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I've never really strayed outside the Project M forums much, but I've been a fierce proponent for Isaac's inclusion in Smash since the days when Melee was still being sold by the truckload. I know it doesn't mean much since I'm a single person in a sea of raving fans trying to have their voices heard by Nintendo, but I suppose given the recent exclusion of Golden Sun reps costume-wise in the new updates (if you believe character outfits to be a detriment to a roster spot) some fan votes in the Smash ballot may be shifting to support alternate choices/competition for DLC has been eliminated to make room for a certain adept.

My vote has always l been with this character (whether it be for Smash 4, PM, or even SSF2), so if its any consolation to all of you here you've got yet another person pushing alongside you somewhere out there. Stay positive everyone, we might just have this spiky haired kid make it into the fray after all.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We survived the Assist Trophy purge as well. That didn't exactly turn out well for us in the end, though, did it?
Hey, we survived it though. If we didn't we wouldn't be here with a chance of Isaac dlc.

I was pretty tense coming into this thread this morning, I thought it was a good sign that it didn't seem too active though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm not sure about bringing it down to zero, but it seems (to me, at least) to indicate that the developers don't want to (or can't) include that character as DLC, so they're adding a Mii costume to acknowledge their popularity. (at the very least, in the cases of K. Rool and Inkling. IDK how popular the third party or Animal Crossing characters are)
Inkling was made before Splatoon released therefore there was no way in knowing if Splatoon would be popular. King K. Rool is random as hell though.

I personally think anyone that's in the game, either as an AT or costume, still has a chance, even Ridley (its like a 3% chance though, not putting him lower than third parties).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It may not to do exactly that... It does not make it impossible, but one would think that those being made as costumes have been ones that they've decided not to make playable.

How many months are we into the Ballot, now? You'd think that Sakurai would have some idea of how much people want K. Rool by this point... It doesn't kill K. Rool's chances, but it certainly isn't a good sign, and it must be a blow to his fans.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It may not to do exactly that... It does not make it impossible, but one would think that those being made as costumes have been ones that they've decided not to make playable.

How many months are we into the Ballot, now? You'd think that Sakurai would have some idea of how much people want K. Rool by this point... It doesn't kill K. Rool's chances, but it certainly isn't a good sign, and it must be a blow to his fans.
It could also be seen as Sakurai giving people something while they wait for the full character to be revealed, an early nod to winners, or just him trolling for the heck of it. You can make so many arguments either way that it's rather pointless to do so.

If K. Rool wasn't in the list, everyone would say that the costumes disconfirmed characters (and the Lloyd thread would be receiving a lot more condolences, or basically being shut down). But the fact that K. Rool, currently the biggest character in terms of fan wants, was converted to a costume makes the entire situation ambiguous. I'd wait until either the next Direct, or the close of the ballot before coming to any conclusions.

Top Bottom