• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Sadly, if I remember correctly, there is still one day worth of costumes and stuff to be announced. Everyone just has to hope it isn't Isaac as a costume. Last thing I want is for this thread to melt down into what the K.Rool thread did.
I know. I just want it over with. For better or for worse, I just want it over with. If there is one silver lining in this blackest of black storm clouds, it's that we won't be entirely blindsided. The K. Rools got straight up blindsided by the Mii Costume. We've already had some dumped on us. We know more may be coming and we know damn good and well that Isaac could unfortunately get one as well, much to our collective chagrin. We'll be salty sure, but we wont have been blindsided. For the K. Rools, it was bad news you don't expect. For us, it'll be bad news you do expect. And that's a bit better. As a result, I don't think we'll go complete ape on the world. (No pun intended)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Then there is going to be so much vitriol flying everywhere that I'm basically going to avoid Smashboards for months.
The hypothetical vitriol will be a reason for me to check out SmashBoard just for the entertainment.

"Two more generic swordsmen? **** YOU SUCKURAI!"

"At this point, we might as well have every single new DLC characters be nothing but generic FE reps and generic swordsmen who are Marth and Ike clones. In fact, let's combine the best of both worlds and have both these oh so needed niches filled by so many *****y characters only weeaboos like."

"How many generic blue haired swordsmen do we need, Sakurai?!"

"Lloyd doesn't even deserve to be in Smash. Tales of Symphonia is quiet possibly one of the most overrated JRPGs next to FFVII. Gee, What other undeserving anime RPG character can we expect? Oh yeah, Cloud freaking Strife, who is a shoo-in just because Nintendo hates my guts."

"'Kay, so we got an Ike clone and another generic Marth clone. Who is next, a Roy clone (a clone of a clone)?!"

"I have officially lost faith in Sakurai. Not only do we have a niche nobody third-party character that isn't even good enough to lick Rayman' shoes getting into Smash, but also another FE rep (who already has an in-game role). If someone as worthless as Chrom can get promoted, why not use better and more interesting characters instead? Instead we have Lloyd getting put in the same pedestral as freaking Ryu, Mega Man and Sonic and Chrom of all characters being given another chance whilst more interesting and worthy characters gets left in the dust. I'm done Sakurai. If this is how DLC going to be from now on, you won't be getting any of my money anymore."

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The hypothetical vitriol will be a reason for me to check out SmashBoard just for the entertainment.

"Two more generic swordsmen? **** YOU SUCKURAI!"

"At this point, we might as well have every single new DLC characters be nothing but generic FE reps and generic swordsmen who are Marth and Ike clones. In fact, let's combine the best of both worlds and have both these oh so needed niches filled by so many *****y characters only weeabos like."

"How many generic blue haired swordsmen do we need, Sakurai?!"

"Lloyd doesn't even deserve to be in Smash. Tales of Symphonia is quiet possibly one of the most overrated JRPGs next to FFVII. Gee, What other undeserving anime RPG character can we expect? Oh yeah, Cloud freaking Strife, who is a shoo-in just because Nintendo hates my guts."

"'Kay, so we got an Ike clone and another generic Marth clone. Who is next, a Roy clone (a clone of a clone)?!"

"I have officially lost faith in Sakurai. Not only do we have a niche nobody third-party character that isn't even good enough to lick Rayman' shoes getting into Smash, but also another FE rep (who already has an in-game role). If someone as worthless as Chrom can get promoted, why not use better and more interesting characters instead? Instead we have Lloyd getting put in the same pedestral as freaking Ryu, Mega Man and Sonic and Chrom of all characters being given another chance whilst more interesting and worthy characters get left in the dust. I'm done Sakurai. If this is how DLC going to be from now on, you won't be getting any of my money anymore."
While I think the reactions you describe are pretty much 100% accurate, it's not the sort of thing that I would actually enjoy reading everywhere.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's possible Sakurai might have decided to add new franchises (that have been around for a while) to the roster rather than add to existing ones. Of course that would be pretty convenient for Isaac fans.... (and Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars etc. fans)

but I'm honestly struggling with the idea of K Rool possibly failing....if this was all about fan service then he'd almost certainly have been a shoe in. Unless Sakurai has some hidden criteria for the ballot that he's not telling us.

There's 1001 ways Sakurai could be interpreting this ballot and like usual we're out at sea without a paddle trying to figure him out.
This is my problem with it. With K. Rool being the pinnacle of fanservice, I can't see K. Rool being overlooked as good news for Isaac, I just can't.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We will find out sooner or later. Considering most of the Ballot votes have already come in and there was nothing new at E3 to infuse another round of votes to fan-favourites, the character DLC must have been pretty much decided. Whether K. Rool's Mii costume is Sakurai trolling, bad news for fans or just a flavour for the actual Krok reveal, will be seen.

We should just enjoy this peace (for Isaac I mean) and see how it turns out. Hopefully most of the fanbases will be satisfied and Soccer Guy will not add another one of his favourites under the pretense of fan "demand" or some other reason.

D

Deleted member

@Your Hero, why did you had to make that Isaac Mii costume mockup? im going to have nightmares with that thing now.....
Anyway, since i have the entire weekend left to relax, have another comic:

D

Deleted member

Oy very... I know I'm a little late to this round of the discussion involving Massive Hero Sakoda Guy and the fear that the Smash Ballot was really an excuse for costume makings.

But I am hoping that this means we'll see Isaac as a character, though I will feel really, really, REALLY bad for the K. Rool fans if this is what they end up with.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm just worried, in the most Miracle of Miracles and Blessing of Blessings Isaac becomes a fighter, how everyone will react towards us.

D

Deleted member

I'm just worried, in the most Miracle of Miracles and Blessing of Blessings Isaac becomes a fighter, how everyone will react towards us.
They will likely congratulate us, they did it with Mewtwo, Lucas and hell even Roy and Ryu.

Last edited by a moderator:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
you know I kind of worry about this new update that's coming up there will be a lot of laughs and tears but hopefully something for this fan base comes out it

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Wow.

How about that Goku Support Thread?!

Wow. Just... WOW.

FighterIsaac4Smash4

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
There is a Goku Support Thread? Wow.

Inb4 Isaac, K. Rool and Lloyd are the August DLC characters, I would explode of happiness and hype (since August is the month of my birthday).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
There is a Goku Support Thread? Wow.

Inb4 Isaac, K. Rool and Lloyd are the August DLC characters, I would explode of happiness and hype (since August is the month of my birthday).
Yes. Goku from Yuyuki. The other Goku (DBZ) threads aren't allowed. I'm the owner of the Goku thread so go to me for all your Goku needs.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Isaac survived the AT Massacre. Here's hoping he survives the Mii Massacre as well.
Right now I imagine Isaac as Neo in Matrix, the scene where he dodges all the bullets in Bullet Time. :dizzy:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Less than 24 hours remain. Most likely about 6-8 hours before we know for sure.

Will two ballot heavy-weights be made into nothing but costumes? Only time will tell. Just gotta keep the dream alive.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Maybe the Mii outfits mean bad things for the characters, maybe they don't. I don't think they do as it seems weird for Lloyd to get one at all. I mean I know he was popular, but I don't believe he was high in ballot placement.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys, I know I should take this with a grain of salt, but.........................................................................I'm literally TERRIFIED right now...................Like hands down get the feeling to pee my pants out of sheer terror with all this Mii Outfit Madness going on...............................http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72245721?page=0

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
While I haven't played any Golden Sun games, I really hope you guys get Isaac. I don't want another fan favorite character to get stuck as a Mii costume like K. Rool did. (I mean I hope he's going to be more than a costume but I don't have a lot of faith)

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Guys, I know I should take this with a grain of salt, but.........................................................................I'm literally TERRIFIED right now...................Like hands down get the feeling to pee my pants out of sheer terror with all this Mii Outfit Madness going on...............................http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72245721?page=0
Thebombs (Gamefaqs user) said:
I can say for certain that Chorus Men will however be released for sure however.

Yes, that is exactly how grammar works...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Sounds about right. Isaac gets a stupid Mii Costume and some dumb ass character that no one has heard of (who the **** is Chorus Men?) gets the roster slot.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sounds about right. Isaac gets a stupid Mii Costume and some dumb *** character that no one has heard of (who the **** is Chorus Men?) gets the roster slot.
They're a trio present in a few, very few, mini-games in Rythm Heaven. A trio, which seems odd seeing as how the 3DS cannot even run Ice Climbers properly whom is simply a duo...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yes, that is exactly how grammar works...
Sounds about right. Isaac gets a stupid Mii Costume and some dumb *** character that no one has heard of (who the **** is Chorus Men?) gets the roster slot.
Exactly. Again, I know I shouldn't worry that much. I mean for all I know, this could be total bull****, but after all this insanity over Mii Outfits....I'm sorry, I'm just really hoping this is NOT true. (Except for the Chorus Kids part. I actually want them in. Otherwise, I pray that the Isaac part is not true.)

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
If this is true there will be riots. The two (probably) most popular Nintendo ballot characters reduced to costumes when a character that is only barely popular because of leaks is playable after Sakurai promises Fan service. I can definitely see this happening. Almost certain it is fake though.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
If this is true there will be riots. The two (probably) most popular Nintendo ballot characters reduced to costumes when a character that is only barely popular because of leaks is playable after Sakurai promises Fan service. I can definitely see this happening. Almost certain it is fake though.
Smash5 will feel the brunt of those riots. If people are burned too much on Smash4 and Smash4 DLC and this ballot, they're going to speak with their wallets when Smash5 comes out.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Chorus men, what the hell is this? The Gematsu leak?

I can make an even more credible leak than that, wanna see?

Hey guys, my uncle works at Nintendo and he has told me that tomorrow is going to be a surprise direct that will reveal 3 brand new characters: Isaac, King K. Rool and Lloyd Irving. The characters will also bring stages with them. Isaac will come with Venus Lighthouse, King K. Rool will bring Gang-plank Galleon and Lloyd Irving will bring Tower of Salvation.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Chorus men, what the hell is this? The Gematsu leak?

I can make an even more credible leak than that, wanna see?

Hey guys, my uncle works at Nintendo and he has told me that tomorrow is going to be a surprise direct that will reveal 3 brand new characters: Isaac, King K. Rool and Lloyd Irving. The characters will also bring stages with them. Isaac will come with Venus Lighthouse, King K. Rool will bring Gang-plank Galleon and Lloyd Irving will bring Tower of Salvation.
You got it all wrong! It's your Cousin Vinnie who works at Nintendo, not your Uncle.

And Kotaku reported that Isaac isn't even mentioned and that Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat is going on the Roster. So all these leaks are wrong! Because lolKotaku said this! And we have to believe that Gawker's poop right? [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its fake, don't buy it. Granted, I could still see Isaac as a Mii costume, but I don't think it means anything, and we're definitely not getting Chorus Men.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
To quote GladiusVortex:
No proof.

No source.

Go away.
In all seriousness, if there are two characters whose chances will sky rocket if King K. Rool isn't released this weekend, it's Chorus Men and Bandana Dee. Chorus Men, if I recall correctly, was in the exact same situation as the Dr. Mario stage. It's a lot easier to make a character that has already been worked on a bit. As for Bandana Dee, he's highly requested, is probably the last character I can see becoming a Mii fighter, and has Sakurai bias for the Kirby series.

Also, as little proof as there is for that "leak," I thought of that exact same scenario yesterday.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Its fake, don't buy it. Granted, I could still see Isaac as a Mii costume, but I don't think it means anything, and we're definitely not getting Chorus Men.
I definitely have to agree with this. As I said in another thread, the Meta Knight helmet and other Mii outfits of existing fighters pretty much deem the Mii-disconfirmation argument irrelevant.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Do you know anyone who wanted them to be in the game?
There are a TON of people who want Chorus Men in the game. I'm sorry I really don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I definitely have to agree with this. As I said in another thread, the Meta Knight helmet and other Mii outfits of existing fighters pretty much deem the Mii-disconfirmation argument irrelevant.
Difference is, one was released before the game came out, one was after. It's not like in those two days, thousands of people bought Meta Knight Mii costumes to later be surprised with Meta Knight becoming playable. Why would Sakurai charge fans for something that isn't exactly what they want, but then later give them exactly what they want? It doesn't make sense. Comparing both scenarios is like comparing apples with oranges.

Top Bottom