• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Dark Dawn was promoted, they had notable segments dedicated to it at E3 2009 and 2010. Though to be fair I can't remember how much they actually promoted it past that.

Well Rainfall started in IGN's forums, and I could be wrong, but 100k Strong for Mega Man Legends 3 and Moonfall started on FB. You need some sort of base to cultivate and congregate popularity before taking it to Twitter, and this thread specifically isn't nearly widespread enough to act as that.

Isaac didn't have 14 years to be included, he had two years. Once in 2005 with Brawl's roster, and again in 2012 with Smash 4's. And who knows, at one point or another he was probably on the short list for at least one of those, but in 2005, while he had more popularity, his competition was stiffer. Wario and Pikmin (the other new series were different situations) getting over him was unfortunate, but understandable and not bull****. GS would've probably been the next series in line. If he was in the same place he was in 2005 in 2012 he definitely would've been included, but the series has lost its momentum, the future was questionable (which apparently was important to Sakurai), and other series had had more of a recent impact (which again was clearly important - much more so than in the past), so again GS gets passed over. Isaac's 2010 was pretty much Shulk's 2012, it's just that 2012 was a much more crucial year to be big for Smash.

Isaac and GS definitely have what it takes to get included, the series has simply peaked at the wrong times. It's likely one that's always on the precipice of consideration.

Also people need to quit complaining about Mario getting the characters it has. It's ****ing Mario, if Smash actually represented proper ratios of success Mario and Pokemon would eclipse all other series on the roster, taking up like 80% of it. And when you're adding characters like Shulk and Palutena and Robin you still need characters like Bowser Jr. and Rosalina who most people will actually recognize. Just pretend Doc never got cut, Bowser Jr was added last time, and Rosalina was added this time if it makes it an easier pill to swallow. :p
IGN and Facebook. Okay. I'm not an expert in social networks but isn't Facebook a little bit less popular now? And if it worked on Facebook, why couldn't it work the same on Twitter, where it's actually easier to make things trend?

I mean, if we are supposed to begin somewhere else when our fanbase is pretty dormant, that would mean we're doomed already. And I don't think that's the case. People are just reluctant to begin supporting things when there's not a lot of people already doing it. Like others said, I'm sure we'd only need to see Isaac coming in DLC to see support growing crazy. Until then (if it happens, which is not sure at all), it's our duty to do something. Though I guess very few people are motivated to do it and just wait for what they want falling straight to the lap.

About the characters' selection throughout the games, it is bullsh*t. There's no other words. It only comes down to what Sakurai likes. Two characters (DeDeDe and MK) from his own series + one from a series dead for years that he planned to ressurect: Pit. Back in Melee he said we didn't wanted to put too much of his own characters in the game. Well, he clearly didn't have the same problem with Brawl. Sakurai bias is a thing. He promoted his own games, neglecting other series.

And you're free to think it's not that bad, but that's the same for Mario. I want to play a game celebrating all of Nintendo's history and series. Not play yet another Mario festival. There's Mario Kart and Mario Party, for that. And other than the problem with the roster, a ton of people think the game is bland as a whole. There's nothing to save in the game. When it's bad, it's bad. "No Johns", heh? Sakurai nearly fell ill producing this game? Well, I wonder how.

The worst with this is that the game is still a great success, so they'll think they did all good. Anyway, don't expect me to buy that crap if I don't have what I waited for 14 (fourteen, not two, the games don't take one year only to be made) years.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sakurai bias is indeed a thing, but you forget Dedede was planned in 64 and cut because of Sakurai not wanting any bias arguments, and GS was first released AFTER Melee, and despite GS originally being on 64, there's a good reason why GS wasn't in. Roy debuted in Melee but was part of a very popular franchise, Sakurai's bias does show these days, especially him seemingly hating modern Kirby stuff, but don't assume your most wanted not getting in in bias. Unless it's Ridley, but that's actually been confirmed
IGN and Facebook. Okay. I'm not an expert in social networks but isn't Facebook a little bit less popular now? And if it worked on Facebook, why couldn't it work the same on Twitter, where it's actually easier to make things trend?

I mean, if we are supposed to begin somewhere else when our fanbase is pretty dormant, that would mean we're doomed already. And I don't think that's the case. People are just reluctant to begin supporting things when there's not a lot of people already doing it. Like others said, I'm sure we'd only need to see Isaac coming in DLC to see support growing crazy. Until then (if it happens, which is not sure at all), it's our duty to do something. Though I guess very few people are motivated to do it and just wait for what they want falling straight to the lap.

About the characters' selection throughout the games, it is bullsh*t. There's no other words. It only comes down to what Sakurai likes. Two characters (DeDeDe and MK) from his own series + one from a series dead for years that he planned to ressurect: Pit. Back in Melee he said we didn't wanted to put too much of his own characters in the game. Well, he clearly didn't have the same problem with Brawl. Sakurai bias is a thing. He promoted his own games, neglecting other series.

And you're free to think it's not that bad, but that's the same for Mario. I want to play a game celebrating all of Nintendo's history and series. Not play yet another Mario festival. There's Mario Kart and Mario Party, for that. And other than the problem with the roster, a ton of people think the game is bland as a whole. There's nothing to save in the game. When it's bad, it's bad. "No Johns", heh? Sakurai nearly fell ill producing this game? Well, I wonder how.

The worst with this is that the game is still a great success, so they'll think they did all good. Anyway, don't expect me to buy that crap if I don't have what I waited for 14 (fourteen, not two, the games don't take one year only to be made) years.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You're saying as if Dedede and Meta Knight didn't deserve to be included in Brawl. The only case of blatant Sakurai bias is Dark Pit.

And for your info, Kid Icarus Uprising was originally going to be a different game without Pit and Co., that is his inclusion in Brawl was not because he was going to be revived later.

As for Mario characters, they sell the game. Golden Sun is leagues behind Mario in popularity and sales, we should count ourselves lucky that Mario doesn't have 25% of the roster.

:231:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Meta Knight and Dedede were logical character inclusions in Brawl that made a lot of sense, and no, not because of "Sakurai Bias™", but because they were major characters from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

And honestly, I think Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are fine and dandy additions.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Because if you're just going to shout something out on Twitter, who is it going to reach? Not a whole lot of people. You need a place where the movement can talk, gather, discuss, plan, grow, and then you can take it to Twitter where a mass of people actually has a chance at getting something trending. You can't expect anything to trend when there's only a handful of people mentioning it. You need to plan those kind things as a group, at least until the movement gets stronger.

And even if FB isn't what it used to be... it's still better for making a group than Twitter. Partly because there are actual groups on FB. Bottom line, you need a hub, whether it be FB, its own site, whatever. Then you can go to other communities - gaming sites, reddit, 4chan, etc. and try to amass supporters, but you can't use Twitter - or this thread, as your hub. Twitter because it's not made for that kind of thing, and this thread because... it's about Isaac in Smash 4, not making a GS4. I wouldn't use this site in general as your base, the focus is on Smash here, not GS.

But if you're just going to reject other ideas and continue doing something that clearly isn't working I don't have much more advice for you.

Until you've created a petition which is in excess of like 4000 signatures, of which several people here have probably signed, you're not really in a place to talk.

What are you doing for the fanbase other than yelling at us to be more proactive? You think even if this entire thread tweets it's going to amount to anything? You're acting like this is all the GS fanbases's fault, why don't you go berate the F-Zero, Metroid, Custom Robo, Wars, Starfy, Punch-Out, Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman, Okami, No More Heroes, Shenmue, Streets of Rage, NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia, Mana, TWEWY, Klonoa, etc. fanbases for a while for not being able to conjure up a sequel lately either. The GS fanbase is not the minority here.

It's not that people here aren't willing to support, it's that most of us don't really see what else there is to do. If you disagree, feel free, but prove us wrong then, don't just complain. We'll follow in tow, but tweeting every once in a while isn't going to cut it.

You need to do some fact-checking. Other people have already said this, but Dedede and MK were excluded from previous Smash games due to Sakurai's modesty and then only included when they were literally at the top of the popularity charts. Is that really Sakurai bias? Including two highly popular characters from one of Nintendo's biggest series in a roster of nearly forty characters? C'mon.

Also, he didn't plan to make Uprising when he included Pit. He originally was going to make Uprising a SF game before changing his mind to Kid Icarus. Is including Fox Sakurai bias too? I mean he was planning to resurrect Starfox at one point too. And he wasn't even planning to revive Kid Icarus first, Factor 5 was.

As was said, the only blatant Sakurai bias is Dark Pit. And he's just a clone who probably won't make it into Smash 5, so really... it's not that huge a deal. I can cope with a single character on a roster of fifty who was included due to creator bias. Really it's more telling if you can't.

You know you sound kind of ridiculous saying a game with characters like G&W, ROB, DHD, Ness, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, WFT, Shulk, etc. not to mention all the ATs and trophies don't celebrate all of Nintendo's history and series just because Mario characters take up 14% of the roster. If anything your problem should lie with the third-parties, should it not? If Nintendo's series are so important to you.

But guess what? Considering how many Mario games there are, even the B-Tier characters play roles equal to protagonists of other series in Nintendo's history. Not to mention are much more well-known and popular than many of the others.

Ok ... I don't really care what games you do or don't end up buying.

Btw the you aren't the only one who has wanted Isaac this whole time hun.

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
The main thing I dislike about what's going down between Golden Sun and Xenoblade is exposure. I mean, the original didn't get THAT much exposure on its own, but now Shulk is in Smash and they're hyping the hell of out Chronicles 3D and Chronicles X. Golden Sun and The Lost Age sold so well simply by word of mouth alone, they were never really all that well promoted. I even thought that Dark Dawn had come out before Brawl until I reassessed the situation and realized it was a 2010 game because of how little I actually heard about it.

Dark Dawn could've done so much better if they actually promoted it. Maybe it was just a victim of timing, though, because its only recently that Nintendo has started doing that for lesser known franchises, like how they finally actively promoted and advertised Fire Emblem, and it did extremely well.
I remember seeing a Dark Dawn commercial on TV once. It's the one about Djinn.

I soiled my pants after seeing it.

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
We need a new GS just for another grand commercial like this. All three have been amazing xD (Though the first one had little to do with the actual game. Other than Crystallux that didn't even appear until 3)
It was still epic though.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Jeez...there seems to be a little bit of blind hate flying around here.

Most of the people here are already spreading the word and supporting the franchise, So I doubt yelling at us is going to solve anything

Dedede was planned from the beginning but cut due to Sakurai's modesty. They were only included in Brawl due to the immense fan demand and because Sakurai thought Brawl would be the last game. The idea for Kid Icarus: Uprising popped up right after Brawl as an original title. Sakurai changed his mind on creating a new IP because he realized gamers were getting tired of older Nintendo franchises being ignored and considered Kid Icarus for the project. And yes, while Sakurai bias is a thing, (with the exception of Ridley) this doesn't affect newcomer choices.
]

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really only see Sakurai's bias (in terms of series that have been over-represented, not the reverse) with Kid Icarus. Kirby is a sizable franchise that gets consistent new releases, two new character additions in Brawl was fine. At least one new character was overdue, and two was well within bounds.

Now Kid Icarus... Ugh. Honestly, anything beyond Pit at this point is excessive. Let the series grow more until a second addition... Yet Sakurai has already said "I'm not making another one". Not that he's a believable guy in such regards, but that is his logic.

It all feels even more sour when Golden Sun had a new title in between Brawl and SSB4, and Golden Sun was demoted, with the loss of Isaac as an AT.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't know, I'm starting to think Matthew might be the guy with Isaac and Felix costumes, think about it where is his trophy?

Obviously if his trophy isn't there, then there must be some modifications being made, and perhaps these modifications are the fact that he might be included as Matthew with Isaac and Felix costumes.

Golden Sun is The Best in the world when it comes to RPGs, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, any RPG title, Golden Sun is better than all of them!

Golden Sun > All Other RPGs

Isaac is The Future of Super Smash Bros, RPG, Nintendo, name it because right now Isaac is Mr Money In The Bank DLC just biding his time, waiting for the right moment to cash in and join the battle, and anybody who thinks otherwise, well how about a Curb Stomp, after all we know the fact and the fact is Isaac holds The Future in the palm of his hands, before you know it his future will become a modern day reality where we will finally get to play as Isaac in Super Smash Bros for 3ds/Wii U, it's just a matter of time.

Btw, I'm referring to Matthew as Isaac because as far as Super Smash Bros goes, they're the same thing much like Bowser Jr is the same thing as the other Koopalings, although I do think Matthew might be the default character.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really only see Sakurai's bias (in terms of series that have been over-represented, not the reverse) with Kid Icarus. Kirby is a sizable franchise that gets consistent new releases, two new character additions in Brawl was fine. At least one new character was overdue, and two was well within bounds.

Now Kid Icarus... Ugh. Honestly, anything beyond Pit at this point is excessive. Let the series grow more until a second addition... Yet Sakurai has already said "I'm not making another one". Not that he's a believable guy in such regards, but that is his logic.

It all feels even more sour when Golden Sun had a new title in between Brawl and SSB4, and Golden Sun was demoted, with the loss of Isaac as an AT.
I think that's why he added new Kid Icarus characters to the roster: he has no intentions of creating another game, and it seems like nobody's keen on stepping in to fill his shoes either. This could well be the series' last big chance to get into Smash, and it seems a bit petty and bitter to tell fans their series isn't worthy of being in Smash because it's "too small" and it may not get this chance again. And since when does number of titles matter? Uprising has more character, plot, charm and diversity than most games of the past decade in my opinion and I know for a fact that there is a sizeable fanbase that will concur with me on that point.

And besides which, it's not like Palutena is a new character or anything. She is to Pit what Luigi is to Mario, or what Zelda is to Link. She's been around for over a quarter of a century. And while she may not have done much of anything prior to Uprising, she's still an integral part of the series since the first game - her name is literally in the title in Japan, where it's known as Hikari Shinwa Parutena no Kagami (Light Myth: Palutena's Mirror).

Dark Pit is, I agree, a bit of an anomaly, but it's not like he was planned as his own character from the outset. I don't really count Doc, Dark Pit and Lucina as "reps" for their own series, because it wasn't intended that they be separate characters at all, that was just a bizarre happenstance of fate and resources. I honestly think it'd be a travesty not to have Palutena in Smash, since she's one of Nintendo's most long-established and, thanks in no small part to Uprising, beloved characters: it'd be like Star Fox being in Smash without Falco or Zelda being in Smash without, well, Zelda.

It's also fallacious to me to suggest that Isaac's absence and the demotion of Golden Sun is deliberately malicious on Sakurai's part. There is no way in hell that he intentionally dropped Isaac to make room for Palutena and Dark Pit, that just happened for reasons we are not privy to, and it, too, is just a happenstance of fate and resources. I can personally guarantee that, if Uprising did not exist, Golden Sun would be in the same position it would be in now. Please don't use "Sakurai bias" as a scapegoat to criticise characters that were included based legitimately on their own merits and who have just as much of a right to be in Smash as anybody else, m'kay?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Bias?

I think we'd have the same problem no matter who made the game, lol.

I think what's sour is that they'd keep that piece of junk ROB in, I wanted him cut, he's one of those one hit wonder characters, he should of been in Brawl only then cut and featured in this game as a trophy, he's stupid.

Here's one, Earthbound is even worse than Kid Icarus when it comes to obscurity, and we had Lucas and Ness in Brawl, that was ridiculous, I'm sooo glad Lucas was cut because Isaac should of been playable instead of Lucas and Lucas should of been the Assist Trophy, Earthbound should never have more than one character.

My point is wasting space on useless characters like these idiots when we should in fact already of had Isaac in Brawl and we should of been seeing more Golden Sun stuff this game whether its trophies of characters from the series or even a stage.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think what's sour is that they'd keep that piece of junk ROB in, I wanted him cut, he's one of those one hit wonder characters, he should of been in Brawl only then cut and featured in this game as a trophy, he's stupid.

Here's one, Earthbound is even worse than Kid Icarus when it comes to obscurity, and we had Lucas and Ness in Brawl, that was ridiculous, I'm sooo glad Lucas was cut because Isaac should of been playable instead of Lucas and Lucas should of been the Assist Trophy, Earthbound should never have more than one character.
R.O.B. helped save the video game industry and is an invaluable part of Nintendo's history. We wouldn't be here playing video games if it wasn't for R.O.B.

Lucas was included because he's a fan favourite from a (then) new game, which was - wait for it - made popular BECAUSE OF SMASH~! Sakurai admittedly jumped the gun in thinking that Mother 3 would be successful, when it was actually something a damp squib, but it's still regarded by fans as one of the best, if not the best, RPGs ever created, even though it continues to be disregarded and jilted by Nintendo. It's kind of ironic that you're comparing Isaac to Lucas and favouring one over the other when, really, they're in the exact same boat.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't like her moveset in this game, but Palutena was an okay inclusion. Uprising did well, she was popular, and she had potential (that was completely squandered).

When I think of Sakurai bias, I think of how 50% of the enemies in Smash Run are from Kid Icarus Uprising, 25% of the 3DS version's trophies are from Kid Icarus Uprising, etc.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't like her moveset in this game, but Palutena was an okay inclusion. Uprising did well, she was popular, and she had potential (that was completely squandered).

When I think of Sakurai bias, I think of how 50% of the enemies in Smash Run are from Kid Icarus Uprising, 25% of the 3DS version's trophies are from Kid Icarus Uprising, etc.
To be fair it's only cause models could be ripped pretty much directly from uprising
Bias?

I think we'd have the same problem no matter who made the game, lol.

My point is wasting space on useless characters like these idiots when we should in fact already of had Isaac in Brawl and we should of been seeing more Golden Sun stuff this game whether its trophies of characters from the series or even a stage.
upload_2015-2-25_14-49-58.jpeg

Imma just leave this right here

Also, I will never understand why people are fine with game and watch yet rob gets so much hate

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair it's only cause models could be ripped pretty much directly from uprising
Yes, of course. But there were plenty other games he could have harvested tons of models from (some of which he actually did) but there's no other explanation for why all of them came from one game that he made.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't know, I'm starting to think Matthew might be the guy with Isaac and Felix costumes, think about it where is his trophy?
That makes sense. I suppose it depends on where the series goes from here and who the protagonist is.

Yes, of course. But there were plenty other games he could have harvested tons of models from (some of which he actually did) but there's no other explanation for why all of them came from one game that he made.
Uprising is a 3DS game; Smash is a 3DS game. He literally copy-pasted the models, AI and all.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Is that not what I just acknowledged?
You asked why he didn't copy-paste from other games, and I'm telling you why it was Uprising specifically. It was his most recent game, it's relevant in Smash, the enemies' AI functions well in an action-adventure setting and, most importantly, the coding could be transferred over without any hassle.

Unless Sakurai directed any other big 3DS games whose characters are also featured in Smash and whose enemies would fit well into an action-adventure context that was released between Uprising and Smash 4, I think the rationale is pretty clear~ ;3

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You asked why he didn't copy-paste from other games, and I'm telling you why it was Uprising specifically. It was his most recent game, it's relevant in Smash, the enemies' AI functions well in an action-adventure setting and, most importantly, the coding could be transferred over without any hassle.
Unless Sakurai directed any other big 3DS games whose characters are also featured in Smash and whose enemies would fit well into an action-adventure context that was released between Uprising and Smash 4, I think the rationale is pretty clear~ ;3
Again, he brought enemies from Ocarina of Time 3D as well, but there's only a handful compared to Uprising.

D

Deleted member

What even bugs me more about Uprising is that a certain, snake-haired goddess could've been part of this game in some capacity, but was reduced to a single trophy, even though she's the Ganondorf to Pit's Link and Palutena's Zelda. The Queen of the Underworld kept getting revived for nuthin'! No wonder she wanted to stay dead in the end.

The Golden Sun thing is especially annoying since a game was part of the timeframe between those two games, yet Golden Sun was one of the few franchises to get demoted from "passing mention" to "no mention at all".

I understand your frustration and anger, @ Falgor Falgor , but this sourness isn't gonna help out our cause. I've made it clear I'm not a Xenoblade fan, but I understand why they do it. But, that doesn't mean Golden Sun is gone for good, nor does it make it okay to be constantly bitter and griping about it. Plus, as for the Mario characters? It's Mario. As long as you don't have Daisy or Waluigi in it, I can handle it just fine.

I still think there is a demand for more traditional RPGs, and if people like SquareEnix won't bother giving the world these games, Nintendo might consider it. It's cheap, there is a following, and it will sell. Will it sell like hotcakes? Probably not. But, it also helps Golden Sun get a game when there's not a whole lot on the horizon for major games. And with Smash Bros. DLC being likely, it can probably give Isaac and Golden Sun a chance to get some recognition finally to hype an upcoming game.

Isaac's problem, sadly, has been timing. As irritated as I am about the whole "relevancy" issue whenever I bicker with @BluePikmin11, Isaac has always had the problem of "good publicity, bad timing". Fans can recognize him and his franchise, yet his chances of getting into Smash Bros. suffer every time due to bad timing. If Super Smash Bros. had a Nintendo DS game (which WAS possible under Melee-type rules), which was a holdover until Brawl, and had 25 characters, Isaac probably would have had the best opportunity then, and then he could have had some security.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Again, he brought enemies from Ocarina of Time 3D as well, but there's only a handful compared to Uprising.
It's because he could use the models from oot but not the AI. He could use both for Kid Icarus enemies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can AI really be copy-pasted like that? Kid Icarus and Smash Run have rather different gameplay. I'm pretty sure they would have to be reprogrammed.

I think part of the reason for so much Uprising content is that Sakurai basically had free reign over them, unlike other series where he would be required to ask for permission.

Also, I will never understand why people are fine with game and watch yet rob gets so much hate
People have had plenty of time (nearly 14 years) to get used to him, Melee is a sacred cow plus the pre-Melee speculation scene was nothing compared to Brawl or Smash 4.

:231:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now that we got the DKC games on NA VC, I hope The Lost Age follows suit.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I'll just wait 'till March, hopefully there will be Sm4sh DLC news.
Well, given the cut off for Mewtwo registrations is the end of March they'll defiantly announce when the codes are released (probably sometime early April), and miiverse stage and stuff, but that will be it, as Sakurai is supposed to be using Mewtwo as an experiment, so even if they started planing other DLC 5 minutes after they announced they weren't currently planning it, they would still need to wait at least a month or so to analyse (or pretend to) the results of the experiment, to keep up appearances.

Also note Mewtwo (probably) won't be available without codes until some time after the codes release, as Club Nintendo US still says Mewtwo may be sold later. Further delaying the experiment.

Which puts us conveniently close to E3. If there is an announcement I'd expect it then. Probably after the Starfox Trailer.

But then its Sakurai, so he could announce it via morse code tomorrow for all our predictions are worth.

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I thought that was the case, I just happened to be on NA's club Nintendo at the time. There's no way Mewtwo won't be sold in every country Nintendo runs a server in.

Its just a question of whether NoA decide to treat Mewtwo as a returning classic and so release it 4 months after everywhere else.*cough DKC/TLA*
Or if Europe decide Mewtwo is something new and so release it two weeks after everywhere else. *cough Sm4sh*
Or if Australia forgets about it entirely and then needs another month to get everything ready *cough Sm4sh CDs*
Still at least we can rely on Japan to get Mewtwo in a timely fashion:troll:

Nintendo's international departments sure do rock don't they.

err right,
iissacc is a cool guy, eh moves dirt and doesn't afraid of anything

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought it was confirmed for every region already that he'd be able to be purchased. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly...

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So what if GS4 continued the story from Dark Dawn, but told from the perspective of Felix's son. Then the DD characters return halfway though like in TLA. And then we finally get to beat up Alex.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I thought it was confirmed for every region already that he'd be able to be purchased. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly...
You are correct. It says so in very tiny words at the bottom of the Mewtwo DLC CN page.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what if GS4 continued the story from Dark Dawn, but told from the perspective of Felix's son. Then the DD characters return halfway though like in TLA. And then we finally get to beat up Alex.
I don't like the idea of immediately jumping to Felix's son, just because of Dark Dawn starring Matthew. And who says Felix even has a son?

But yeah, I do like the idea of getting to beat up Alex.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
B-but... Felix needs to have a bad@ss half-Proxian kid to take over his reign as coolest protagonist! Or we could just get a full-blooded Proxian in the party, I would be pretty down with that, too 8D *wishful thinking*

Top Bottom