• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
It's true that times aren't the best to be a GS fan, since there are no news about GS, besides the VC games, however, I believe we might see GS 4 this year, so patience is our best friend.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
At the moment I'm waiting for a NA Lost Age VC announcement more than GS4. At least we know that can easily be a thing.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I think if Isaac does get the Bowser Jr. treatment I think the only alts he'd get would be Felix, and Matthew with the 3 having 3 alt colors representing their 3 default team mates. It'd be nice if they gave us all of Isaac's team mates but I think it'd be easier to just stick with the Venus Adepts.
Personally, I'd rather Felix be a separate Luigified character if he got in the game--the main reason being he and Isaac/Matthew carry their sword hilts in completely different places.

Wow, you're all so salty today. Who cast the Salt psynergy?
View attachment 39714
Actually, Salt is a Venus Djinni, not a Psynergy move.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Just finished Golden Sun and man am I salty. I thought it was over, then the tease saying Felix and Sheba are alive, then the to be continued shows up. My only complaint with the game is I wish it was longer, other than that I loved the hell out of it and want TLA to come out on VC RIGHT NOW.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/02/1...ls-monado-adorned-new-nintendo-3ds-faceplate/

I'm so pissed by Nintendo's constant efforts to shove Xenoblade down our throats.
I had nothing against Xenoblade at first, but they try so hard that it makes me angry.
They just play favorites! If Golden Sun had the same treatment, we wouldn't be here hoping for what may be a miracle.
And I obviously wouldn't have to desperatly try to bring a little bit of attention on the series every week without any result.

I'd continue to rant with pleasure, but if I did, I would quickly become really vulgar.
Meh. It won't be in America, where the bulk of the asshole fanbase is.

But yeah, I really like that design. It's sleek and stylish. -3-

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Question for those that have Lost Age on VC. Did they add a password transfer to make it easier like the link cable? Or do we really have to type it in one at a time?

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Since I'm not seeing the cable one being possible, the best way to transfer data is via code, it's only 5 pages + a 6th page line. :troll:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Question for those that have Lost Age on VC. Did they add a password transfer to make it easier like the link cable? Or do we really have to type it in one at a time?
Yea the link cable is hard even for emulators so Nintendo didn't include that. Have fun typing out those passwords!

Oh and sorting out the inventory when you get your old party back :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, stop using Xenoblade Chronicles as the scapegoat for why Golden Sun is neglected. It's not magically going to make Golden Sun a more popular series then Super Mario Bros., and all you're doing is encouraging a fight from people that are otherwise ignoring you.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
By the way, stop using Xenoblade Chronicles as the scapegoat for why Golden Sun is neglected. It's not magically going to make Golden Sun a more popular series then Super Mario Bros., and all you're doing is encouraging a fight from people that are otherwise ignoring you.
Don't worry. We aren't.

Many of us here are also Golden Blade Xenoblade fans here :)

http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/02/1...ls-monado-adorned-new-nintendo-3ds-faceplate/

I'm so pissed by Nintendo's constant efforts to shove Xenoblade down our throats.
I had nothing against Xenoblade at first, but they try so hard that it makes me angry.
They just play favorites! If Golden Sun had the same treatment, we wouldn't be here hoping for what may be a miracle.
And I obviously wouldn't have to desperatly try to bring a little bit of attention on the series every week without any result.

I'd continue to rant with pleasure, but if I did, I would quickly become really vulgar.
Xenoblade needs even MORE of this. I want this series to becme a successful franchise. I want Monolith Soft to be successful too considering they're the ones with the biggest scope in mind when it comes to Nintendo's devs.

You can't just point at Xenoblade and assume it's the reason for Golden Sun's downfall as a series. Who said Golden Sun is dead anyway? The third game came out after Brawl did, and Camelot is interested in a fourth.

Maybe the Xenoblade fans are content with their favorite JRPG being in Smash, but I can't imagine the situation being any different if the roles were switched. The two games are entirely different, so I don't see reason for the hate at all.

I think we should all wish for the success of both games.

I suppose the debate is old, but I just wanted to say something about the Golden Sun and Xenoblade issues some people have here on the boards.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thank you for coming in to defend Xenoblade, of course as Golden Sun fans there is no way anyone in this thread can be fond of both games (or vice versa) and already have expressed actual points (only without generalizing both fanbases) in Xenoblade's favour to the sole person who was saying they wished Nintendo gave GS as much attention as Xenoblade, not that it was Xenoblade's fault GS wasn't getting attention. But I'm sure you already knew that, having read the comments you're replying to and all. Next time feel free continuing to ignore us. ;)

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Xenoblade needs even MORE of this. I want this series to becme a successful franchise. I want Monolith Soft to be successful too considering they're the ones with the biggest scope in mind when it comes to Nintendo's devs.

You can't just point at Xenoblade and assume it's the reason for Golden Sun's downfall as a series. Who said Golden Sun is dead anyway? The third game came out after Brawl did, and Camelot is interested in a fourth.

Maybe the Xenoblade fans are content with their favorite JRPG being in Smash, but I can't imagine the situation being any different if the roles were switched. The two games are entirely different, so I don't see reason for the hate at all.

I think we should all wish for the success of both games.

I suppose the debate is old, but I just wanted to say something about the Golden Sun and Xenoblade issues some people have here on the boards.
It's not the only reason, but don't act like it has nothing to do. Xenoblade's popularity can contribute to push Golden Sun into oblivion. Nintendo may look like they're a friendly company, but if a series is not good enough in terms of sales, they tend to completely forget it. Remember how no new F-Zero is planned? It could easily be the same for Golden Sun. You won't make me believe the contrary. The series is not dead yet, but it's not really the healthiest. And it doesn't mean that I put all the blame on Xenoblade, don't make me say what I didn't say.

Edit: And it's one more #GoldenSunday in which I'm the only one posting things. Just saying.

Last edited:
It's not the only reason, but don't act like it has nothing to do. Xenoblade's popularity can contribute to push Golden Sun into oblivion. Nintendo may look like they're a friendly company, but if a series is not good enough in terms of sales, they tend to completely forget it. Remember how no new F-Zero is planned? It could easily be the same for Golden Sun. You won't make me believe the contrary. The series is not dead yet, but it's not really the healthiest. And it doesn't mean that I put all the blame on Xenoblade, don't make me say what I didn't say.

Edit: And it's one more #GoldenSunday in which I'm the only one posting things. Just saying.
So this is a matter of Xenoblade rising to the top as Nintendo's flagship JRPG, thus making Golden Sun "irrelevant", huh? If anything, Nintendo wouldn't be developing Golden Sun because it can't currently compete with Pokémon. Now that's an argument I would agree with.

Anyway, Nintendo is giving the push Xenoblade is getting right now due to all the popularity the first game has. Monolith Soft is a talented studio making some of Nintendo's largest games. You don't just drop a series like that, especially with the growing fanbase.

Golden Sun will have its opportunity one day. With JRPGs growing in popularity again, it's easy to assume Nintendo will going through their deck and playing all cards when the time seems right.

Nintendo's higher ups are smarter than most people say. It's all about looking for an opportunity and going for it. Let's talk F-Zero. I want you to take a look at the Wii U. Remember that big comeback for a beloved series announced back in E3 2014? Star Fox is coming out this year ready to take full advantage of the Wii U's controls. Later, Miyamoto said himself that F-Zero will return too if new hardware allows for something innovative to be done. So not only will Nintendo have a great showcase for their platform, they'll also have one of their most missed franchises return. Nintendo has all these wonderful franchises, it's pointless to drop them. Games have their ups and downs, you know.

I suppose you can't do much with Golden Sun compared to games full of action like these, but the market indicates the series can have a strong return if a game is released in the coming years. Just look at all the JRPGs coming out! Xenoblade X, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 15... It's beautiful...

Give it time. The sun will rise soon. This series isn't dead. It's waiting for the best time to strike. That's how the video game industry works. Study the trends, look at what people want to return, generate hype, and then unleash the masterpiece the world has wanted for so long.

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, no. I just hate the idiots who say Xeno is tah best and GS is sux0rz.

And I'm also so salty that a series with one game got in over a well established one. (Well, it's not exactly one over another, but you get what I mean.)

Btw. I'm extremely hyped for X. ^.^

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only way GS and Xenoblade would impede upon each other is if they were made by the same dev team.

And even then both could still exist. Look at Square, Intelligent Systems or Atlus.

Not to mention the two barely contest in the same market space. One is primarily console-based and the other is exclusively portable.

They really have nothing to do with each other, period. Yes, Nintendo tends to push series that don't sell up to expectations aside, but that really has nothing to do with Xenoblade. Making a connection between the two only fans flames which have long been extinguished and gets haughty Shulk-only supporters to come in here and condescend all over the place.

Also, Xenoblade will never be Nintendo's flagship RPG series, nor will any other series that isn't Pokemon.

What? In my timezone there have already been like a dozen posts made today.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, no. I just hate the idiots who say Xeno is tah best and GS is sux0rz.

And I'm also so salty that a series with one game got in over a well established one. (Well, it's not exactly one over another, but you get what I mean.)

Btw. I'm extremely hyped for X. ^.^
The other way around doesn't make it better, and in case you haven't noticed nobody has been attacking Golden Sun, in fact there's a notable grey area where a group of people like both. I'm not in that grey area and to be honest I can easily criticize how generic Golden Sun as an RPG in general, but I don't want to in order to get a mature discussion out of this and the fact this is comparing apples to oranges to begin with. Believe me, I could of easily turned this thread into a big cluster**** and give the Xenoblade Chronicles fans a bad rep if I wanted too. But I want to establish the opposite so no fights break out over a children's fighting game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The other way around doesn't make it better, and in case you haven't noticed nobody has been attacking Golden Sun, in fact there's a notable grey area where a group of people like both. I'm not in that grey area and to be honest I can easily criticize how generic Golden Sun as an RPG in general, but I don't want to in order to get a mature discussion out of this and the fact this is comparing apples to oranges to begin with. Believe me, I could of easily turned this thread into a big cluster**** and give the Xenoblade Chronicles fans a bad rep if I wanted too.
Trust me, that grey area isn't as small as you think, like I said, two completely different games with different playstyles.
Accursed disliked Xeno getting more attention than GS in Smash, although I think it's more being bummed out his favourite franchise isn't well repped, ask Metroid fans and they'd say the same thing, only difference is that they got screwed over by Sakurai shoving Other M down our throats

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
The only way GS and Xenoblade would impede upon each other is if they were made by the same dev team.

And even then both could still exist. Look at Square, Intelligent Systems or Atlus.

Not to mention the two barely contest in the same market space. One is primarily console-based and the other is exclusively portable.

They really have nothing to do with each other, period. Yes, Nintendo tends to push series that don't sell up to expectations aside, but that really has nothing to do with Xenoblade. Making a connection between the two only fans flames which have long been extinguished and gets haughty Shulk-only supporters to come in here and condescend all over the place.

Also, Xenoblade will never be Nintendo's flagship RPG series, nor will any other series that isn't Pokemon.

What? In my timezone there have already been like a dozen posts made today.
On Twitter, right? The only one I saw there except mine is one from JaidynReiman, 5 days ago. :confused:

Concerning the different RPGs on Nintendo consoles, I can only hope you're right, but until we have at least Isaac in Smash 4, I'll stay as salty as the Dead Sea about Shulk's inclusion in the first Smash after his first game, when Isaac could have been included since Melee. I still think Sakurai gives 0 ducks about Golden Sun.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
The other way around doesn't make it better, and in case you haven't noticed nobody has been attacking Golden Sun, in fact there's a notable grey area where a group of people like both. I'm not in that grey area and to be honest I can easily criticize how generic Golden Sun as an RPG in general
From what I can get, you're saying that you can criticize how generic Golden Sun is, however, you make it sound like you actually didn't play it, so, unless you know Golden Sun well and have actually played at least the first two games, than I don't think you're well prepared to easily criticize it.

However, let's not start fights, because people tend to generalize the comunities on few people act, so the best is for both parts (GS and Xeno) to stop fighting and to support both protagonists, one is already in Smash, the remaining can only pray for Isaac to tag along.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
On Twitter, right? The only one I saw there except mine is one from JaidynReiman, 5 days ago. :confused:

Concerning the different RPGs on Nintendo consoles, I can only hope you're right, but until we have at least Isaac in Smash 4, I'll stay as salty as the Black Sea about Shulk's inclusion in the first Smash after his first game, when Isaac could have been included since Melee. I still think Sakurai gives 0 ducks about Golden Sun.
*Dead Sea

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, no not on twitter. It's nice to show support, but being the only one to tweet something and then expecting mountains to move is like going outside with an umbrella and getting mad that it's not raining. If you want something substantial to happen, you're going to have to put a bit more work into it. If you want support to rally, you're going to have to rally support. Not get upset when it isn't there.

Though tbh I don't know how loud the GS fanbase can still be in its current state.

Concerning the different RPGs on Nintendo consoles, I can only hope you're right, but until we have at least Isaac in Smash 4, I'll stay as salty as the Black Sea about Shulk's inclusion in the first Smash after his first game, when Isaac could have been included since Melee. I still think Sakurai gives 0 ducks about Golden Sun.
Isaac has been a victim of bad timing, Shulk has been a victim of good timing.

Under different circumstances the tables would definitely have been turned. Under different circumstances it's entirely possible we could've wound up with both.

The other way around doesn't make it better, and in case you haven't noticed nobody has been attacking Golden Sun, in fact there's a notable grey area where a group of people like both. I'm not in that grey area and to be honest I can easily criticize how generic Golden Sun as an RPG in general, but I don't want to in order to get a mature discussion out of this and the fact this is comparing apples to oranges to begin with. Believe me, I could of easily turned this thread into a big cluster**** and give the Xenoblade Chronicles fans a bad rep if I wanted too. But I want to establish the opposite so no fights break out over a children's fighting game.
Yeah you're all about keeping the peace, huh?

For future reference though refraining from criticism doesn't involve still expressing criticism.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The main thing I dislike about what's going down between Golden Sun and Xenoblade is exposure. I mean, the original didn't get THAT much exposure on its own, but now Shulk is in Smash and they're hyping the hell of out Chronicles 3D and Chronicles X. Golden Sun and The Lost Age sold so well simply by word of mouth alone, they were never really all that well promoted. I even thought that Dark Dawn had come out before Brawl until I reassessed the situation and realized it was a 2010 game because of how little I actually heard about it.

Dark Dawn could've done so much better if they actually promoted it. Maybe it was just a victim of timing, though, because its only recently that Nintendo has started doing that for lesser known franchises, like how they finally actively promoted and advertised Fire Emblem, and it did extremely well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The main thing I dislike about what's going down between Golden Sun and Xenoblade is exposure. I mean, the original didn't get THAT much exposure on its own, but now Shulk is in Smash and they're hyping the hell of out Chronicles 3D and Chronicles X. Golden Sun and The Lost Age sold so well simply by word of mouth alone, they were never really all that well promoted. I even thought that Dark Dawn had come out before Brawl until I reassessed the situation and realized it was a 2010 game because of how little I actually heard about it.

Dark Dawn could've done so much better if they actually promoted it. Maybe it was just a victim of timing, though, because its only recently that Nintendo has started doing that for lesser known franchises, like how they finally actively promoted and advertised Fire Emblem, and it did extremely well.
Nintendo's starting to actually advertise stuff now, in the European January Direct, Sin and Punishment 2 was announced as a VC title, another game that only sold mouth to mouth

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I's still hold out hope for more Golden Sun now that dormant franchises are being revived. Star Fox was a in a worse position compared to Golden Sun (last game in 2006, and they got a new game after 8 years), while Dark Dawn is barely 5 years old.

Golden Sun on the VC is just a start, imo. If not Camelot, maybe some other company - I'd like to think IntSys, given their history with Fire Emblem and Paper Mario - will pick it up.

:231:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Oh, no not on twitter. It's nice to show support, but being the only one to tweet something and then expecting mountains to move is like going outside with an umbrella and getting mad that it's not raining. If you want something substantial to happen, you're going to have to put a bit more work into it. If you want support to rally, you're going to have to rally support. Not get upset when it isn't there.

Though tbh I don't know how loud the GS fanbase can still be in its current state.

Isaac has been a victim of bad timing, Shulk has been a victim of good timing.

Under different circumstances the tables would definitely have been turned. Under different circumstances it's entirely possible we could've wound up with both.

Yeah you're all about keeping the peace, huh?

For future reference though refraining from criticism doesn't involve still expressing criticism.
Where do you see support, if not on Twitter? Your comparisons are nice but they don't mean or inform much. :ohwell:
I can't do the work you talk about alone. That's why I tell people to help, without results.

Isaac had 14 years to be included. I don't call this "bad timing". I call this bullsh*t. Especially when Mario already has a ton of characters and get two more in one game, while other series are still not represented. Not only Golden Sun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dark Dawn was promoted, they had notable segments dedicated to it at E3 2009 and 2010. Though to be fair I can't remember how much they actually promoted it past that.

Where do you see support, if not on Twitter? Your comparisons are nice but they don't mean or inform much. :ohwell:
I can't do the work you talk about alone. That's why I tell people to help, without results.
Well Rainfall started in IGN's forums, and I could be wrong, but 100k Strong for Mega Man Legends 3 and Moonfall started on FB. You need some sort of base to cultivate and congregate popularity before taking it to Twitter, and this thread specifically isn't nearly widespread enough to act as that.

Isaac had 14 years to be included. I don't call this "bad timing". I call this bullsh*t. Especially when Mario already has a ton of characters and get two more in one game, while other series are still not represented. Not only Golden Sun.
Isaac didn't have 14 years to be included, he had two years. Once in 2005 with Brawl's roster, and again in 2012 with Smash 4's. And who knows, at one point or another he was probably on the short list for at least one of those, but in 2005, while he had more popularity, his competition was stiffer. Wario and Pikmin (the other new series were different situations) getting over him was unfortunate, but understandable and not bull****. GS would've probably been the next series in line. If he was in the same place he was in 2005 in 2012 he definitely would've been included, but the series has lost its momentum, the future was questionable (which apparently was important to Sakurai), and other series had had more of a recent impact (which again was clearly important - much more so than in the past), so again GS gets passed over. Isaac's 2010 was pretty much Shulk's 2012 in terms of popularity, it's just that 2012 was a much more crucial year to be big for Smash. Plus Xenoblade kept its momentum.

Isaac and GS definitely have what it takes to get included, the series has simply peaked at the wrong times. It's likely one that's always on the precipice of consideration.

Also people need to quit complaining about Mario getting the characters it has. It's ****ing Mario, if Smash actually represented proper ratios of success Mario and Pokemon would eclipse all other series on the roster, taking up like 80% of it. And when you're adding characters like Shulk and Palutena and Robin you still need characters like Bowser Jr. and Rosalina who most people will actually recognize. Just pretend Doc never got cut, Bowser Jr was added last time, and Rosalina was added this time if it makes it an easier pill to swallow. :p

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
What I think we tend sometimes to forget is that Sakurai actually know which series are going to come out and Camelot was credited in Smash. Now, would Camelot let their only JRPG "mascot" get cut like that, without a single trophy?
Nope, probably no, but since Smash besides an awesome game is also an awesome way to advertise future games, Camelot probably has GS4 in the works and ready to be announced at the next Direct or, more likely, at E3 2015 and that's probably when they will also strike with Isaac DLC. It pleases the fans and promotes a game, it's a win-win situation, so, the best thing we can do is to wait.

They already used Shulk to promote Xenoblade for the New 3DS, so Isaac DLC to promote not only GS4, as well as a New 3DS GS cover or a New 3DS XL Golden Sun themed seems to be in possible, however, we need to wait which is probably the worst part, but after the storm, the Golden Sun shall rise and it will be the best Dawn ever.

Top Bottom