• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Well, looks like the year's all but over. Here's hoping we'll see a Nintendo Direct in February or so discussing downloadable Smash content. Until Mewtwo is confirmed to be the only downloadable fighter, I'm not giving up hope for Isaac.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I recently got Golden Sun as a gift. I guess I will finally found out the appeal to this series (and Isaac) soon enough. :laugh:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I recently got Golden Sun as a gift. I guess I will finally found out the appeal to this series (and Isaac) soon enough. :laugh:
Oh-oh. Good luck.

Hope you like it :)

Advice: Be sure to collect everything (bonuses in next game when transferred).

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Ok, so I've noticed here that when the Sandbag is jumping, the used sound is the one from Golden Sun. A little detail that I noticed and in my opinion, it is cool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, so I've noticed here that when the Sandbag is jumping, the used sound is the one from Golden Sun. A little detail that I noticed and in my opinion, it is cool.

flippin' awesome remix :D

I got a $20 gift card for Christmas, but I ended up using it for Minish Cap, DK King of Swing, and the newly released NA preorder DLC costumes for Hyrule Warriors. If The Lost Age was out I would've definitely done that. :p

Altais

Smash Champion

Dude!! I thought of a VERY similar remix when I was writing a plotline for GS4 just for fun. In mine story, Isaac was corrupted by Dark Psynergy and taken control of by the Tauparang. Said song was supposed to play when Matthew and crew were forced to fight Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Dude!! I thought of a VERY similar remix when I was writing a plotline for GS4 just for fun. In mine story, Isaac was corrupted by Dark Psynergy and taken control of by the Tauparang. Said song was supposed to play when Matthew and crew were forced to fight Isaac.
So was that battle un-winnable? ;)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Nice idea and there was a part in Golden Sun Dark Dawn where an NPC tells you that Himi was saying Isaac was in grave danger, so that could be a possibility.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nice idea and there was a part in Golden Sun Dark Dawn where an NPC tells you that Himi was saying Isaac was in grave danger, so that could be a possibility.
and you didnt think it had anything to do with the gigantic pysenergy vortex near his home

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
and you didnt think it had anything to do with the gigantic pysenergy vortex near his home
Actually, that's one unsolved mystery, the only think we know is that the Tuaparang are probably related to those, since they had those strange machines, unfortunately, after that, they never speak about Psyenergy vortexes again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can't access laptop or pc, forced to rely on Gamepad, sorry if I leave anything untouched, except percentages, I can never do those
Running Speed: Shulk
Jump height: Mario
Regular attacks
Jab: Swings sword in an arch, similar to Marth
FTilt: Thrusts sword
UTilt: Swings sword above head
DTilt: A slash that is similar to his jab, but less range traded for speed
Dash Attack: Jumps with a downward slash, like Link
NAir: Same as the dash attack, but without a dash and the sword reaches behind him
FAir: Pushes out his arm and stabs with sword
BAir: Same as FAir
UAir: Slashes upwards
DAir: Reversed UAir, spikes
Smash attacks
USmash:Mad Growth, heavy damage but ending lag combined with low knockback isn't ideal
SideSmash:Move, Same as Brawl, but it does deal damage, more of an edgegaurd tool, think Mega Man's Mega Buster
DSmash:Quake, Isaac makes the ground tremble, this attack isn't too powerful but can be used to stop the foe moving, it's basically a combo starter
Get-up attack: Leg sweep and then get's up
Ledge Attack: Climbs on and stabs low
Grab and throws
Grab: Catch, great range, the hand has the same height as Isaac, but a lot of endinglag, the hand will return to Isaac if it catches anyone
Pummel: Isaac knees his foe
FThrow: Slams his palm into foes stomach and uses Move, Move only has a windbox here
BThrow: Isaac uses Force and slams the opponent backwards
UThrow:Isaac does a rising Slash and it hits his opponent pretty high up
DThrow:Isaac trips his foe and uses Titan Blade, heavy damage, but low knockback and endlag
Special attacks
B: Djinn, Isaac will scroll through four elements that have multiple Djinn in a set order, Isaac will not be able to move, but pressing up or down makes him scroll through different Djinn of that element, the Djinn's name appears on Isaac's portrait under his name. After using a Djinn, pressing B will make Isaac summon Venus, Mars, Jupiter or Mercury, The Venus Djinn flies around Isaac as a pseudo Mach Tornado, Mars will be a PK Fire, Jupiter does something similar, but no lingering effect and at a different angle and Mercury acts like Fludd. After performing a summon, Isaac must wait 15 seconds to use a Djinn
Side B: Spire, has a set distance, like Palutena's fireball custom, drops a rock on foe, it will shatter on the ground and the shards also deal damage
Up B: Retreat, it works like the Sheik custom, instant, but no hitbox
Down B: Mind Read, Ivan somehow taught this to Isaac, and it's a strange kind of Counter. Poor range, but it shoots a little spark like Mewtwo's Disable, if it hits, foe is stunned and sent back with no damage to make up for the endlag, however, the next move the enemy hits Isaac with won't effect him, meaning Isaac can outright hit through combos
Final Smash: Isaac uses Quake Sphere and it hits foes and puts them in the middle of the stage, Isaac then throws a Ragnarok there, anyone hit is sent to a forest area, Isaac then summons Judgment to finish the foe off
Djinn effects
Flint: Isaac's next move has a ton of knockback
Quartz: Isaac receives less knockback the next hit
Ground: Isaac's next move stuns the enemy, ideal for Mind Read
Granite: Isaac receives less damage for 7 seconds
Sap: steals 10%
Vine: Makes an enemy slower
Bane: Poisons a foe, AKA flower
Fever: Foe hit by this will trip randomly
Scorch: Shoots out a firey explosion
Corona: Isaac will receive no knockback temporarily
Forge: Isaac's next move does more damage
Ember: Isaac basically gets a turbo mode for 3 seconds
Flash: Isaac will receive less damage and explode when hit for 5 seconds
Torch: Isaac's next move will do a lot of damage and outright ignore shields
Gust: shoots out wind to push the enemy
Breeze: lowers damage of the next move Isaac is hit with, also counts for Final Smashes
Smog: A poisonous cloud appears with a smoke ball effect
Zephyr: Increases Isaac's speed, making him lighter
Luff: Isaac's next move will outright hit twice, throws included
Flux: A Jupiter Djinn flies forward, if it hits anyone, their Special Attacks are blocked for 5 seconds, recovery included
Squall: Stuns enemy shortly but deals damage
Fizz: Isaac stands still for a few seconds and heals
Sleet: Reduces damage output of enemy
Mist: Puts a foe to sleep
Spritz: Heals Isaac more than Fizz, animation takes even longer
Hail: Isaac's moves will pretty much eat shields for 7 seconds
Tonic: Isaac will not be affected by sleep, flowers or daze for 8 seconds
Dew: Lowers knockback of moves Isaac is hit by for 4 seconds

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actually, that's one unsolved mystery, the only think we know is that the Tuaparang are probably related to those, since they had those strange machines, unfortunately, after that, they never speak about Psyenergy vortexes again.
well lets hope we do get golden sun 4 so we can find out

Altais

Smash Champion
So was that battle un-winnable? ;)
When they first fight "Fallen Isaac", it's one of those battles in RPGs in which you're supposed to lose. After Matthew and crew are easily defeated, they are taken captive and are separated from each other. Once all hope seems to be lost, Matthew is set free by an inside man in the Tauparang (whom later turns out to be Dodonpa's kid. At this point in time, Dodonpa's no longer an evil, greedy punk). Matthew then has to sneak around the high-tech fortress whilst looking for his friends. If a Tauparang soldier spots you, you'll be forced to fight. The more times you are spotted, the stronger the security becomes. If you're defeated in battle, you'll be right back where you started, and you'll have to rescue everyone all over again. Until you've rescued at least three people, the smart thing to do is stay undetected, since weaker numbers means less power.

Once everyone is rescued, you must escape from the fortress before Isaac mauls you again. After that, the crew's primary objective is to find a sacred treasure with the power to weaken Dark Psynergy. When you fight Isaac for the second time, you must use this item on him at the beginning of the battle (similar to the Trident and Poseidon) to weaken the darkness corrupting him. Isaac is still strong as hell, but in his berserk, non-thinking state of mind is beatable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
When they first fight "Fallen Isaac", it's one of those battles in RPGs in which you're supposed to lose. After Matthew and crew are easily defeated, they are taken captive and are separated from each other. Once all hope seems to be lost, Matthew is set free by an inside man in the Tauparang (whom later turns out to be Dodonpa's kid. At this point in time, Dodonpa's no longer an evil, greedy punk). Matthew then has to sneak around the high-tech fortress whilst looking for his friends. If a Tauparang soldier spots you, you'll be forced to fight. The more times you are spotted, the stronger the security becomes. If you're defeated in battle, you'll be right back where you started, and you'll have to rescue everyone all over again. Until you've rescued at least three people, the smart thing to do is stay undetected, since weaker numbers means less power.

Once everyone is rescued, you must escape from the fortress before Isaac mauls you again. After that, the crew's primary objective is to find a sacred treasure with the power to weaken Dark Psynergy. When you fight Isaac for the second time, you must use this item on him at the beginning of the battle (similar to the Trident and Poseidon) to weaken the darkness corrupting him. Isaac is still strong as hell, but in his berserk, non-thinking state of mind is beatable.
Dodonppa returns? alrighty then

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

So then he then joins the party?

With new psynergy?

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Actually, in Golden Sun, it is revealed that Dodonpa has a son named Dodonpapa and according to GS wiki, he seems interested in returning his family to its noble heritage, so he could be a noble hero thief spy.

Also, let's hope that in Golden Sun 4 you can actually go to the West side of Border Town and visit other towns, such as Bilibin, Lunpa, Imil, etc. Also, show all of the previous heroes adult versions, as well as show who the remaining parents of the children are, the only one that you know both his parents is Matthew (Isaac and Jenna).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
wasnt there a thing about himi's unseen brother takeru going off to save issac from the foreseen danger?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
As cool as it would be to fight Isaac, I still would prefer to have a battle against Alex :p Something that should have happened by now.

Anyone know if there's any good GS fangames/romhacks? Something thats as good as Mario Star Road that felt like an actual sequel to SM64. Someone should make one for Golden Sun

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I don't know which character has the best character costume design (the outfit)

Shulk or Isaac
but we all know Shulk has the best voice in SSB4, but seriously his voice is energetic in the game

most of Nintendo characters are getting swords now

Altais

Smash Champion
So then he then joins the party?

With new psynergy?
Who, Dodonpa's child or Isaac? If the former, no; he's just a minor supporting character whom helps Matthew now and then. If the latter, no; at least not right away. After defeating Isaac, he is much too weakened to be of any use to the party, so with his last bit of strength he retreats after giving Matthew and crew some helpful advice and passing Matthew some of his power. Similar to Riku in Kingdom Hearts 2 and Athos in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, Isaac is one of those insanely powerful characters whom you don't get to recruit until well near the end of the game.

As for new psynergy, I thought of a new type of psynergy called "Golden Psynergy", which is exclusive to Isaac, Matthew, and Alex/Arcanus. You could call it the counterpart of Dark Psynergy. Golden Psynergy can ONLY be accessed after entering a special state called "Dawn Mode". Once you're in Dawn Mode, for a limited amount of turns you have an infinite amount of Psynergy Points (PP), and can cast godly-powerful psynergy moves (one of them being Cruel Ruin :awesome:). You are also given massive stat boosts--how high each stat increases depends on which Djinn you have equipped, and how many are set. BUT, as a price, once Dawn Mode has ran out of time, your PP will be reduced to zero, and all off the caster's Djinn will enter recovery mode upon activating Dawn Mode--and the Djinn won't begin to reset until after Dawn Mode is over. Also, for one turn, the character whom activated Dawn Mode must recover (similar to Hyper Beam in the Pokemon games). Just like Dark Mode, this is a high-risk, high-reward battle mechanic. Lastly, to prevent abuse, Dawn Mode can only be activated once per battle.

[Shrugs] Maybe not the best idea, but I tried to make it complex, whilst at the same time easy to understand and pick up.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I just really hope Isaac doesn't act like a Ike copy (slow speed, but buff attacks) I find him better in med attack med speed and a little high defense, all of that armor just makes it feel right.
They should really make the voice actor of Isaac kind of like a childish voice, something similar to Marth's voice(the screams and attacking voices, not the actual voicing in sentences) but in a different pitch, Marth is a adult, Isaac is just a teenager, I think Isaacs voice would be a lot of screams(imo) just because I would understand how scary it would be in his world.
I never played Golden Sun, but I really want to, I just know a little bit of information.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just really hope Isaac doesn't act like a Ike copy (slow speed, but buff attacks) I find him better in med attack med speed and a little high defense, all of that armor just makes it feel right.
They should really make the voice actor of Isaac kind of like a childish voice, something similar to Marth's voice(the screams and attacking voices, not the actual voicing in sentences) but in a different pitch, Marth is a adult, Isaac is just a teenager, I think Isaacs voice would be a lot of screams(imo) just because I would understand how scary it would be in his world.
I never played Golden Sun, but I really want to, I just know a little bit of information.
I'm sure 17 would be a good age for a deep voice, and as much as I love Ike, no way will that happen!
Who, Dodonpa's child or Isaac? If the former, no; he's just a minor supporting character whom helps Matthew now and then. If the latter, no; at least not right away. After defeating Isaac, he is much too weakened to be of any use to the party, so with his last bit of strength he retreats after giving Matthew and crew some helpful advice and passing Matthew some of his power. Similar to Riku in Kingdom Hearts 2 and Athos in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, Isaac is one of those insanely powerful characters whom you don't get to recruit until well near the end of the game.

As for new psynergy, I thought of a new type of psynergy called "Golden Psynergy", which is exclusive to Isaac, Matthew, and Alex/Arcanus. You could call it the counterpart of Dark Psynergy. Golden Psynergy can ONLY be accessed after entering a special state called "Dawn Mode". Once you're in Dawn Mode, for a limited amount of turns you have an infinite amount of Psynergy Points (PP), and can cast godly-powerful psynergy moves (one of them being Cruel Ruin :awesome:). You are also given massive stat boosts--how high each stat increases depends on which Djinn you have equipped, and how many are set. BUT, as a price, once Dawn Mode has ran out of time, your PP will be reduced to zero, and all off the caster's Djinn will enter recovery mode upon activating Dawn Mode--and the Djinn won't begin to reset until after Dawn Mode is over. Also, for one turn, the character whom activated Dawn Mode must recover (similar to Hyper Beam in the Pokemon games). Just like Dark Mode, this is a high-risk, high-reward battle mechanic. Lastly, to prevent abuse, Dawn Mode can only be activated once per battle.

[Shrugs] Maybe not the best idea, but I tried to make it complex, whilst at the same time easy to understand and pick up.
That's...That's actually pretty cool

D

Deleted member

wasnt there a thing about himi's unseen brother takeru going off to save issac from the foreseen danger?
The story of Takeru is very complicated, even though the details we have are very vague.

After clearing Gaia Rock in The Lost Age, Kushinda tells Felix and the party that she'll give birth to a boy and name him Takeru, and then tell him the stories of Felix's heroism.

By the time Matthew and company reach Yamato City, which is the relocated Izumo, Takeru already left to help Isaac out.

There isn't a whole lot of explination for Takeru between these, such as when he felt need to save Isaac, or how Takeru even learned of Isaac, unless Felix had explained about him beforehand or Isaac had visited either Izumo or Yamato City during the 30 year gap.

But... I personally view Takeru, along with Nowell, as potential party members for Golden Sun 4.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Woah you really gave it a good amount of thought. Well atleast it gave us a playable Isaac in your version GS4. Although I think Matthew should not have it. Wielders of the Golden Sun only.

The story of Takeru is very complicated, even though the details we have are very vague.

After clearing Gaia Rock in The Lost Age, Kushinda tells Felix and the party that she'll give birth to a boy and name him Takeru, and then tell him the stories of Felix's heroism.

By the time Matthew and company reach Yamato City, which is the relocated Izumo, Takeru already left to help Isaac out.

There isn't a whole lot of explination for Takeru between these, such as when he felt need to save Isaac, or how Takeru even learned of Isaac, unless Felix had explained about him beforehand or Isaac had visited either Izumo or Yamato City during the 30 year gap.

But... I personally view Takeru, along with Nowell, as potential party members for Golden Sun 4.
Yea that was heavily implied. Although it is not technically mentioned that Takeru went to help out Isaac. But Himi was said to have said that Isaac is in danger.

Kushinada had actually said that Takeru would come help out the children of Felix's party members.

Plus Kraden heavily foreshadows where Piers and Nowell have travelled to.

I even found a fan pic with Takeru with Piers and Nowell.

Piers, Takeru and Nowell.jpg

I just hope our previous party members get good exposure though. Especially Isaac and Felix.

How many playable members would you want? Would an epic medley of older and newer party work? Or temporary party members (or ones who leave during some events) like Final Fantasies, Chrono Trigger, etc.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Anyone else pretty bored of SSB4 atm? its going to take awhile since we actually get any news about major stuff.
I didn't even unlock the majority of characters in SSB on the Wii U before losing interest. It just was released under many circumstances going against it, being a second SSB4 (where all of my hype to unlock and complete happened with the 3DS version), coming out alongside Pokemon OR/AS, etc., etc.

I'm afraid that even if Isaac really becomes playable DLC it may not do much for me... I don't think SSB is very appealing to me anymore, sadly. Otherwise I'd think that being bored of a SSB before even unlocking all of the characters would be blasphemy. Lol.

Altais

Smash Champion
Anyone else pretty bored of SSB4 atm? its going to take awhile since we actually get any news about major stuff.
Thus far, I haven't gotten tired of Smash 4--though, I have taken a break from it so I could play Bayonetta I & II. Though, I will admit, part of me does sorely miss the excitement of pre-release speculation, suspense, and whatnot.

Usually, the only reasons I have ever gotten tired of Smash Bros is because I am a very solitary gamer--thus, games whose primary focus is the multi-player can become dull after a while for people like me, especially after you've played against the CPU so many times you can literally predict what they're going to do next (who needs the Monado?).

And anyway, now that the game is finally out, the time for "news" is pretty much over. DLC, in mine opinion, is really just a bonus.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I always supported Isaac being in Smash Bros., because I really thought that he deserved to be in, but I never had gotten a chance to actually play the original Golden Sun or the 2nd one (I unfortunately missed out on a lot of GBA games during it's lifespan, only owning like 4 games). I've only played Dark Dawn, but it lost my interest really early on, so I stopped playing. Though I knew going into it that it was the worst in the series, so I was still interested in playing the other two games. I bought the original game on the Virtual Console a while ago, but I just now got a chance to actually play it, and other than the ridiculous amount of dialogue in the beginning of the game I've really been enjoying it. I still haven't really played that much of it but I'm interested to see where the game takes me, and I just want Isaac in even more now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I didn't even unlock the majority of characters in SSB on the Wii U before losing interest. It just was released under many circumstances going against it, being a second SSB4 (where all of my hype to unlock and complete happened with the 3DS version), coming out alongside Pokemon OR/AS, etc., etc.

I'm afraid that even if Isaac really becomes playable DLC it may not do much for me... I don't think SSB is very appealing to me anymore, sadly. Otherwise I'd think that being bored of a SSB before even unlocking all of the characters would be blasphemy. Lol.
Honestly, I'm starting to feel the same way. I really need additional game modes to really make me want to play DLC. I still want Isaac and K. Rool, but its really more of a formality at this point. If I can start having a lot of fun playing online, I may change my mind. I added a lot of people on Smashboards to my friends list, but I haven't played with anyone yet (all I did was a tiny bit of For Fun when I first got the game).

I'd rather just like to know that Golden Sun has a solid future at this point. Of course I'm still confident that GS4 is in development, so I'm not too worried about that. JUST RELEASE LOST AGE, NA! Seriously!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a thought.

Would you be alright if Isaac from Dark Dawn, aka Man Isaac got in instead of the original?

I think it would be best. He stands out the most, both visually and in concept, plus he's the Isaac they would use for future games.

Top Bottom