• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Honestly, even if we got another Golden Sun character, I wouldn't want it to be Felix. Not that I have anything against the guy (except that he's kind of a jerk), but that would have the disturbing potential to lead Golden Sun into Fire Emblem Syndrome, and making sure we get no characters except Venus Adepts. There are so many characters who would be either Wolf-style clones that are substantially different, or who could play completely differently to begin with. Why choose the one who is exactly the same as Isaac?

Alt-costume Felix is fine.
I'd rather have Felix as an alt. costume also, I just meant that it'd be great to get 2 GS reps wether they were a clone or not, sorry if I worded my last post weird.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just noticed on the Wii U eShop they have a section titled "eShop Team's 2014 Highlights" with 19 games and one of them is Golden Sun: The Lost Age. (It's actually the only VC game on the list)

Thought it was pretty cool, maybe it's just a European section though?

D

Deleted member

I just noticed on the Wii U eShop they have a section titled "eShop Team's 2014 Highlights" with 19 games and one of them is Golden Sun: The Lost Age. (It's actually the only VC game on the list)

Thought it was pretty cool, maybe it's just a European section though?
Hey, that does sound very cool. Don't know on the American front, since we probably won't get The Lost Age until late 2015 (NoA, as always, is terrible at VC).

Anyhow, happy we got to the 10,000th post. Hopefully, by the time we reached the 15,000th post, we will have found out Nintendo's plans of DLC for Smash Bros. We might get DLC packages... we might get an updated version of the game... who knows?

But if Isaac's the forefront, I'm perfectly set.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking about a possible victory theme for Isaac. I'm worried the battle victory theme might not be as distinct and catchy as it could be.

There are jingles from the game that I think may be even more iconic and "Golden Sun-y" like when you pick up an item or get a new Djinn. Only problem is they don't really sound like victory themes....

How would you feel if they added pan flutes to Isaac's victory jingle? Maybe I'm not accurate but I think pan flutes (or at least that kind of sound) is something that plays quite a bit in Golden Sun songs.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I was just thinking about a possible victory theme for Isaac. I'm worried the battle victory theme might not be as distinct and catchy as it could be.

There are jingles from the game that I think may be even more iconic and "Golden Sun-y" like when you pick up an item or get a new Djinn. Only problem is they don't really sound like victory themes....

How would you feel if they added pan flutes to Isaac's victory jingle? Maybe I'm not accurate but I think pan flutes (or at least that kind of sound) is something that plays quite a bit in Golden Sun songs.
Flutes would not be that bad in Isaac's theme, imo. As long as he gets a victory theme then I am happy.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I was wondering about the Victory theme too - And I agree, the Djinn and Item Get jingles possess a distinctive charm that belongs to the Golden Sun series. I'd be happy with the Djinn theme with maybe a touch of the battle clear theme.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I need to get around playing Golden Sun sometime. The first time I played the game was on an emulator via ipod, which wasn't very satisfying. Good thing it's on the Wii U eShop though.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

Oh everyone knows that Isaac's victory theme would be the first part of the GS victory fanfare. At least that's what I am guessing it would be.

Either way, when Isaac comes to SSF2, we'll see what they use for his victory theme there.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I was talking about Super Smash Flash 2, I think that they will release Isaac's patch during Apex 2015, at least that's what I heard.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40400
Hi guys! TSON here.

Hope you guys are starting to get into the holiday mood. Apex 2015 will be hot on the heels of this holiday season, and as with the past two years, we will be returning to give a preview of what we have brewing for the future of SSF2!

For those of you not familiar with the tournament series, Apex is the one of the biggest Smash Bros. tournaments in the world! The event will be taking place from January 30th through February 1st in Secaucus, New Jersey. Our entire event will be livestreamed for those of you that are not able to stop by in person - so feel free to tune in at twitch.tv/mcleodgaming. Viewers can expect to see lots of screaming, lots of fun, maybe a couple spoilers, and a surprise or two!

More information about the future of SSF2 will be coming in the next couple of weeks, but for now, I leave you with this brief teaser...

YouTube Video:

And if you would like more information about Apex 2015, you can check out on its home page:

http://www.apex-series.com/
The new version doesn't have a specific release date, but the version will be playable at APEX.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40400

The new version doesn't have a specific release date, but the version will be playable at APEX.
Awesome!

Isaac is atleast getting recognition in this. Plus I loved the GS remixes.

And it played the whole way through. Well the plus side of Isaac being late to the Smash party is that we might as well get him in Project M, and SSF2 before the official announcement for DLC ;)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
We will see Isaac in any Super Smash game for the first time in Apex 2015 and since the patch will be released that day, maybe they will release it after the event.

Even through it isn't an official SSB game, I'm hyping a lot.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I'm hyped to play Isaac in SSF2 and still waitig for a PAL release of Project M ^^

But the best will be to have Isaac playable in Smash 4 of course ;)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
We made to 10,000 Reply!!! Congrats everyone!

After now we can be like K.Rool thread. Were in the 10,000 reply Club!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got Dark Dawn for Christmas. :)

Merry Christmas Adepts.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I got Golden Sun on the 17th, I love it, currently have 9 Djinni, and neec to get into Lunpa Fortress, don't know how to though, anyone able to give me hints? Also, that Djinni in Bilibin is taunting me like nothing else
At what point in the game are you?

You actually cannot get into Lunpa until much later; you need an ability called Cloak or something like that. Basically, it makes you completely invisible as long as you are standing in the shadows. In fact, you never actually HAVE to get into Lunpa Fortress; its actually optional believe it or not (though its a good idea to do so later).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
At what point in the game are you?

You actually cannot get into Lunpa until much later; you need an ability called Cloak or something like that. Basically, it makes you completely invisible as long as you are standing in the shadows. In fact, you never actually HAVE to get into Lunpa Fortress; its actually optional believe it or not (though its a good idea to do so later).
I recently got past the evil desert and got Lift, what do I do now then? Hammet's wife gave me Reveal

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I got Dark Dawn for Christmas. :)

Merry Christmas Adepts.
(Belated) Merry Christmas adept :) And other adepts.

I recently got past the evil desert and got Lift, what do I do now then? Hammet's wife gave me Reveal
That is not Hammet's wife but Master Hamma.

If you want you can help Feizhi rescue Hsu (just go back to Alpine crossing). The next step would be onwards to Kalay which is the next city. There you can meet Hammet's wife.

The djinn in Bilbin is accessed by a hidden entrance uncovered by using Whirlwind on a leafy entrance. The statue is just a decoy entrance.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

If you want you can help Feizhi rescue Hsu (just go back to Alpine crossing). The next step would be onwards to Kalay which is the next city. There you can meet Hammet's wife.

The djinn in Bilbin is accessed by a hidden entrance uncovered by using Whirlwind on a leafy entrance. The statue is just a decoy entrance.
I'm pretty sure I've been in Kalay, Lady something with an L, can't remember well, and whirlwind? Djinn hunt time

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I've been in Kalay, Lady something with an L, can't remember well, and whirlwind? Djinn hunt time
Lady Lana I guess, also, in Bilibin, just go near the Sanctum and then follow the wood foretress, that should lead you to some suspicious leaves, cast Whirlwind on those, go enter the cave and then climb down the ladder. Once there, just cast Move on the statue and there, now you got a Jupiter Djinni.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lady Lana I guess, also, in Bilibin, just go near the Sanctum and then follow the wood foretress, that should lead you to some suspicious leaves, cast Whirlwind on those, go enter the cave and then climb down the ladder. Once there, just cast Move on the statue and there, now you got a Jupiter Djinni.

Gust has been received, but I talked to Layana and she only scolded me for sneaking into Lunpa
EDIT: Just found out I never visited the docks yet, this should be fun

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Gust has been received, but I talked to Layana and she only scolded me for sneaking into Lunpa
EDIT: Just found out I never visited the docks yet, this should be fun
You're almost reaching my favorite part of the first game. Also, don't worry that much about Lunpa yet, since you'll have to acquire Cloak Psyenergy and you still have to progreed a little in the main plot to get it.

Also, just one more month for Isaac to come to SSF2, so hype :D . Now, regarding SSF2, I think it will also feature a story mode called "Flash of the Shadows", which I'm hoping for it to be like SSE, because I really liked it, of course it could have the plot explained and some dialogue between cut-scenes, but nevertheless, I really liked it, so I hope "Flash of the Shadows" to be as awesome as it is, also, it will have Isaac in the plot, so that makes me even more hyped.

Luckily, there will be more news about Isaac in SSB4 in the next Direct.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Final Smash idea: Isaac uses Quake Sphere for a few seconds, anyone hit will get launched to the middle of the screen ala Great Aether, Isaac then throws a Ragnarok which sends them on a field, Isaac then finishes his foes off wirh Judgement. Idea for other specials. Neutral B summoms a Djinn for a one time attack, Flint makes Isaac's smash attacks instantly be fully charged but with a lot more ending lag to compensate, Forge basically gives Shulk's Buster art to Isaac, Kite makes Isaac's next attack hit twice so it can ignore counters, Sleet makes the enemy hit by Isaac temporarily do lower damage. What do you guys think? I thought of Curse as a side B similar to Crash Bomb, Cloak to do a rising slash upwards and Mind Read as one of two things: a counter or an attack with poor range but when it hits, Isaac will not be affected by the foes next hit

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well after a near week break, helping someone with GS1, and getting myself massively confused in Kingdom Hearts, I have returned to Smashboards.

So which do you all think happens first? Lost Age on VC here, Isaac reveal trailer, or Golden Sun 4? All are taking too long :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
At the moment in Golden Sun, I'm up to the Mercury Lighthouse - 8 Djinn, 2 of each element, with Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia on the team. Favourite summon so far? Nereid - I wouldn't mind if they used this incarnation of Nereid for Golden Sun 4, so kawaii. :)
Nereid.jpeg
By the way - Any ideas what platform Golden Sun 4 should be on? Wii U or 3DS? Also, the Australian e-Shop already has Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I'm debating whether I should buy it or wait until I finish Golden Sun 1 then play it on the GBA since I bought the original cartridge game... That is if I find said cartridge...:ohwell: At least I know that it's somewhere in my room...

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
At the moment in Golden Sun, I'm up to the Mercury Lighthouse - 8 Djinn, 2 of each element, with Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia on the team. Favourite summon so far? Nereid - I wouldn't mind if they used this incarnation of Nereid for Golden Sun 4, so kawaii. :)View attachment 34021By the way - Any ideas what platform Golden Sun 4 should be on? Wii U or 3DS? Also, the Australian e-Shop already has Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I'm debating whether I should buy it or wait until I finish Golden Sun 1 then play it on the GBA since I bought the original cartridge game... That is if I find said cartridge...:ohwell: At least I know that it's somewhere in my room...
3DS, its always been a handheld, should stay that way :p Though psynergies in HD would be amazing.
But Camelot probably doesn't have the needed amount of people to make one on the Wii U sadly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
At the moment in Golden Sun, I'm up to the Mercury Lighthouse - 8 Djinn, 2 of each element, with Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia on the team. Favourite summon so far? Nereid - I wouldn't mind if they used this incarnation of Nereid for Golden Sun 4, so kawaii. :)View attachment 34021By the way - Any ideas what platform Golden Sun 4 should be on? Wii U or 3DS? Also, the Australian e-Shop already has Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I'm debating whether I should buy it or wait until I finish Golden Sun 1 then play it on the GBA since I bought the original cartridge game... That is if I find said cartridge...:ohwell: At least I know that it's somewhere in my room...
I haven't gotten there yet but have 9...Oh yeah I went to Vale when I found out I could backtrack again, The Djinn you are rewarded with is pretty good (Kite)

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Golden Sun 4 will most probably be on 3DS, for the reasons given by 9Blades. However, I wouldn't mind to see it on Wii U, it would actually give me a very good reason to buy one. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom