• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If it was like a set where we'd get
1 character:2 ATs:3songs:1 stage
or something like that, then I'd take it.
If it's simply just ATs, then I will proceed to flip the finger at Sakurai.
And Nintendo will take that to mean no one like Golden Sun, and we never get a fourth game.

That is what is so evil about this sort of thing.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Don't worry guys. Free DLC characters are there. I guarantee it.

On another note. Will we be able to get this thread to 200 pages before it closes? Let's try! Let's discuss the game!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I guaranteed Ridley and Mewtwo, and they were way more likely than free DLC.

On another note. Will we be able to get this thread to 200 pages before it closes? Let's try! Let's discuss the game!
What boss gave you guys the most trouble?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I guaranteed Ridley and Mewtwo, and they were way more likely than free DLC.
Yea but the Wii U version still has to be released. It is not illogical to believe that some characters especially the heavy hitting ones will be revealed later to create last minute hype for it. Because most of the hype has pretty much died or subsided substantially. The hype for being surprised.

What boss gave you guys the most trouble?
Hmm. I am confused between Dullahan and Star Magician. Dullahan is supposed to be the strongest but if one does notice the guardian ball and are using summon rush, they are so dead.

Recently, I went into Suhalla desert without doing colosso so my party was at level 22 or 24 I think. And I wanted to kill the tempest lizards, both bosses. Boy they were tough. My Ivan kept dying and he had revive >.< One more did as well don't remember who. But usually Isaac was the last one standing. And I wanted exp for all so I kept restarting the battle. Won eventually.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Guess I should make a last post here.

I still have belief in Isaac. Golden Sun not getting an assist trophy at all? Getting seemingly no representation whatsoever? I can't accept that. (Even if I tried)

I've had some good times posting here although admitedly we're somewhat of a downbeat bunch. (Sans Lasermaster :p) I'll always be supporting Isaac and Golden Sun, that won't change.

See you when character dlc is announced. :cool:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I didn't expect for the character threads to be open for this long. So I will say it again. Big thank you to all supporters, you are awesome! See you when DLC is announced. :-)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Guess I should make a last post here.

I still have belief in Isaac. Golden Sun not getting an assist trophy at all? Getting seemingly no representation whatsoever? I can't accept that. (Even if I tried)

I've had some good times posting here although admitedly we're somewhat of a downbeat bunch. (Sans Lasermaster :p) I'll always be supporting Isaac and Golden Sun, that won't change.

See you when character dlc is announced. :cool:
Thanks! Still keeping hope and the spirits alive! I still feel Isaac will be in the Wii U version along with the big 3, making the big 4! Plus Isaac on Wii U = GS4 on Wii U confirmed :p?

People with hope or the ones who need some hope come to the Isaac support and discussion thread! It is a part of
The Big Four Alliance Group (Ridley, Mewtwo, Isaac, and King K. Rool)

Ask @Oracle_Summon for an invite to the group! Join us and continue the discussion, once this thread closes!

And I had a great time here, and this thread was like my home page on these forums :) Met people who were GS fans like me and supported Isaac wholeheartedly, while some were just detractors (who I liked proving wrong), and many were indifferent who were converted to our side! Had a great time!

Well anyways, see ya guys around!

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet

I doubt they would be free. DLC characters I'd wager would sell between $5-$10 per, since I'd assume DLC charatcers would not be clones. That's a lot of time and resources spent for DLC content, Nintendo would have to make SOME cash gain. The Wii U transferable character would be free (given you own the Wii U and the SSB game). If you don't, I'd say they may sell the characters for $2-$4 each, given that both games have the same "initial" roster.

Beyond that any additional newcomers would take time to prepare, and therefore would likely cost some cash (and a lot more comparable to the initial roster variants if they prove purchasable for those who do not own a Wii U).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How is Nintendo going to build the gigantic hype that they need to be building for the Wii U version?

It's just weird to me that they'd actually try to jump such a hurdle without characters to reveal...

Isaac is currently in a very strange position, whether it's by eventual DLC or otherwise.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
No point in crying or regreting now, Isaac didn't make the initial cut, but I believe he will be DLC. Let's keep our hope highs. Also, if the Wii U final roster includes 3DS DLC characters, then I believe we maybe be getting Isaac's free DLC, as well as he will be usable competitively.

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun is an enjoyable RPG because of its uniqueness, its way of solving puzzles and a cast of generic yet enjoyable characters [although I wish they had more development.] Not a lot of people are familiar with the series back then, and now it's gained a slightly bigger audience thanks to the Virtual Console release. The Lost Age will be released there soon, there's no doubt about it. And even then, I'll still be happy that a lot more people will get to know one of my favorite series of all time.

So in the end, I'm fine with the final roster despite the absence (except for Dark Pit and Palutena. They're getting no warm welcome from me.)

Until then, take care everyone. I shall hopefully see you online the Smash battles one day.
Luckily, as much as I didn't like the inclusion, Duck Hunt gives us a worthy Final Smash to show my unappreciation for Palutena & Dark Pit.

And what you said are all of the reasons why I loved Golden Sun, and hopefully, when The Lost Age is released soon, people will get to enjoy the full story of the original installments and maybe they'll understand why everybody who wanted Isaac in badly did so.

I'll be posting my final post in this thread soon, but have to finalize what I want to say. Don't worry, I'll be joining the Big 4 social community.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I doubt they would be free. DLC characters I'd wager would sell between $5-$10 per, since I'd assume DLC charatcers would not be clones. That's a lot of time and resources spent for DLC content, Nintendo would have to make SOME cash gain. The Wii U transferable character would be free (given you own the Wii U and the SSB game). If you don't, I'd say they may sell the characters for $2-$4 each, given that both games have the same "initial" roster.

Beyond that any additional newcomers would take time to prepare, and therefore would likely cost some cash (and a lot more comparable to the initial roster variants if they prove purchasable for those who do not own a Wii U).
By free DLC I mean characters which are initially only in the Wii U version then offered for free on the 3DS version for parity between the 2 consoles.

After all, Nintendo needs SOMETHING to hype us up like before for the Wii U version. People still look forward to the Wii U version but the hype has come down significantly. Plus tons of Wii U owners own a 3DS but not the reverse....

Actual DLC characters will cost money. I meant characters like Isaac, Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool (big four) who were excluded and should be in the main game and do still stand a chance.

To be honest, I would have been more worried if Isaac was an AT since the chance for promotion would have been almost zero. Since he is MIA altogether, his chances are still there! Look at the bright side! :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
But if he never appears it's just so crushing... Like Golden Sun has really been forgotten about...

D

Deleted member

Well, since this thread is gonna close in a few hours, I might as well let myself say what I wanted to get off my chest...

I was looking forward to Isaac in Smash 4 like you wouldn't believe, largely due to the fact that he had the credentials to be a decent fighter and also somebody who can be represented. He wasn't from a franchise that hadn't had a game in decades (like StarTropics or Panel de Pon), he wasn't an unknown, and because of Brawl, people were clamouring for his appearance. Plus, seeing as how the 3DS was SUPPOSED to be a celebration of Nintendo's portables, it made sense to have a franchise that was exclusive to portables make its debut on it. Seeing him downgraded (hopefully, just temporary) doesn't fill me with confidence for now.

However, this isn't the end. I mean, we are certain to get DLC, and let's be honest... Isaac escaped a pretty grim fate, seeing as how some other characters wound up as regular trophies, and thus wind up being deconfirmed. And, it's not like Smash 4 is going to just whip up the abandoned Brawl veterans; true DLC requires original creations. My theory is that Isaac was a DLC choice due to how complex his moveset would be, and rather than scrapping him, it was decided he'd be a DLC character, especially since Smash 4 is supposed to be a long-term game to service both the Nintendo 3DS and to provide immense support in the Wii U.

Does it stink to see Isaac not in while Dark Pit, a damn clone character without any real personality over a more interesting choice, is playable? Yeah, but I can deal with it. I may buy the game used, but I may also buy it Day One. It's a matter of decision-making.

Anyway, I was really happy to talk to some serious Golden Sun fans, which makes me feel good about the fact that there are people who still care for the series. And I'll be sticking around that social community, along with the "Big 4" discussion threads (hopefully the Ridley folks would have calmed down by now, but yeah, I'm ticked off, too) and also the Project M forum (though I wish Smash Boards would change the darn link on this site). So, I'll close by saying to this thread (but not you guys, because I know where everybody will go to)...

Farewell!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Awww... Final post time already? =( *hugs all around*

I do have to say one thing about this. Probably up until about Lucina and Robin's confirmation trailer, I was feeling really down about this roster (thinking that Chrom, Chorus Kids, and Shulk were the remaining newcomers), and honestly thought that this pre-game could hold no candle to Brawl's. However, after that trailer it became a roller coaster ride that exceeded anything ever seen in Brawl's pre-game. And although the CSS leak was 'final' and the hype before it was just a ruse, we ended with a very unexpected glimmer of hope. A far cry from Brawl, where everything was absolute.

Isaac and Golden Sun's complete and total absence is uncanny. It makes no sense. With DLC seeming probable, Isaac has strangely enough taken the lead for a DLC spot. I hope that someday soon we will come back together to celebrate.

(I'll likely still be here and join that group, though, so this won't be a complete goodbye. lol)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun discussion is what keeps me coming back to SmashBoards. Once the games are out, I don't expect to visit nearly as often but I'll definitely check out the Big Four discussion group when I do. He's in good company with the Mewtwo, K Rool, and (very passionate) Ridley fans.

Here's hoping that DLC or Project M will give us all a reason to come back every day.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I want the speculation to ****ing end already, but lack of anything GS related, despite a pretty high demand for it, makes me believe something is up. I won't say he's planned for DLC or he WILL be DLC, but I will say that he was probably left out so he was available as an option for DLC.

Anyway, I'll probably be on the social boards if anyone wants to catch me there.

Last edited:

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, I think having a missing AT is about the second best outcome for Isaac. (the best one would be that he was a playable character at the start, of course :p)
Having no Isaac AT and no Golden Sun content present. That's what I was really hoping for, if the ERSB happened to be final. And it seems like it happened.
Personally, I find having Isaac MIA among the ATs is a good thing, and that increases my hope for him being DLC later. And no, if Isaac just appears as a trophy it won't decrease my hope that much (Though, I would be happier if no Golden Sun trophy show up at all right now)

Although DLC characters is not 100% happening, I feel that it's not unlikely at all. I can really see DLC characters being announced close to the Wii U release. One of the argument against that idea is that if DLC is also available for the 3DS version, then there's no point in getting the Wii U version. But by that logic, there was no point in getting the Wii U version from the very moment they announced that the 3DS version was going to be released first, since both versions have the same roster...
Yes, they can try entice people with exclusive modes for Wii U and the fact that they can play the game in HD. However, all I've been seeing yesterday was people talking about roster this, roster that, characters this. Characters are obviously the first and most important thing on people 's minds. All I'm saying is that bringing new DLC characters close to the Wii U launch (Especially characters that people want) would bring hype, and hype is good.
Scenario 1-No new Characters: "Well these new modes are okay, but not that exciting. I already have the 3DS one, maybe I'll buy the Wii U one later, maybe..."
Secnario 2-New DLC Characters: "Whoa! These new characters are looking great! You know, I think I'll be getting the Wii U one asap, looking at them again these new modes are looking great actually, plus HD!"
Many scenarios are possible and people have many different ways of thinking. Those are just examples what could possibly happen.

What I see right now, is a console that's struggling, Mario Kart 8 having DLC, and Smash being the biggest and most important game for the Wii U. Unless they're planning something better for the Wii U, I think having no DLC for Smash would be a huge mistake. Nintendo can't afford to have that kind of attitude: "We don't have to do much, they're going to buy the game anyway". I feel that they better handle this Smash well because I don't think they're going to have another game that is as important for the console.
It's not extremely likely that they're is going to be DLC close to the Wii U launch. It's very possible that we'll have to wait 6 months or even a year. But having no DLC at all, I don't see that happening.
There was also that rumor about Namco hiring for "Smash 6" for 2015. If that is true, then having DLC next year seems more likely.

The only reason why I would agree when people say that we are only getting 4 extra characters or aren't getting as much DLC. Is because since we are dealing with two games now, it might make things complicated (Will we have to pay for DLC twice? Will it really be possible to transfer DLC from another console?) We'll have to see. Though I don't think that affects Isaac much. Since he isn't an AT, it seems likely that he is going to be included among the upcoming DLC.

Like many have stated there are also two other options for Isaac:
1. No Golden Sun content at all (or trophy)
It's not impossible, but I find that it is extremely unlikely. I also find that him just being demoted to a trophy is unlikely. There's a few assist trophies that come have less games and are not as popular or recognizable. So there's no reason for Isaac to not be a assist trophy while those characters are. I also think comparing other past ATs like Barbara (Which seems to be a trophy now) to Isaac is a bit silly. I feel that AT is the "lowest" form of representation Golden Sun is going to be getting, or rather should have.
2. Wii U exclusive.
This seems more likely than the option above, but not by that much though. Golden Sun is a handheld exclusive, so it doesn't make much sense if he is console exclusive for Smash. Also, Isaac's assist trophy from Brawl is not complicated at all. There are other ATs that are more complicated that got into the 3ds. The only way I can see that happening is that they changed Isaac's assist trophy and made it more complicated or that they couldn't finish it on time. However all the past ATs still function the same way, with no changes (except the Nintendog having another model). Although it would be nice if Golden Sun gets special treatment for a complete AT change, it would also really suck that it would only appear in one version (As well as waiting longer again just for another Isaac AT)

Also, about the "Wi-fi Icons" thingy, I'm pretty sure I know what people are talking about. I remember that part, it was shown during the Gema_yue stream. Shortly after unlocking ROB and having the "Unlocked all characters" message, he went to someplace where it showed icons of all the characters, assist trophies and other characters (like Dunban and Yellow Devil)
Many have said that they haven't seen Isaac in it. You can see on that link: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items/jeff
I'm pretty sure it's from the Gema_yue stream because of the red texts that he/she wrote after unlocking ROB.
Though there are some ATs missing like, Chain Chomp, Mother Brain, Nintendog (They are not Wii U exclusive because I saw all of them in the 3DS version).
But I think Isaac would have definitely been included if he was still an AT. Plus there is still no sign of him, so it's pretty much certain that he is not an AT, at least in the 3DS version.

With the day-one patch now revealed, it seems like having extra content through the internet seems a bit more likely now, whether it'd be free or paid content. Anything can happen, but I'm feeling more confident right now that Isaac will be DLC later. Maybe soon, maybe later. It's just not over for Isaac yet.

Well, it seems like this thread is going to close soon. Besides a few posts, I've mostly been a lurker here since I first visited this thread. But this thread was fun and it was great reading all the posts and comments here. I'll try to visit group threads as well once this one closes. I really hope Isaac gets in, for the fans here, for the fans elsewhere, in my opinion you guys really deserve it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In my opinion, I think having a missing AT is about the second best outcome for Isaac. (the best one would be that he was a playable character at the start, of course :p)
Having no Isaac AT and no Golden Sun content present. That's what I was really hoping for, if the ERSB happened to be final. And it seems like it happened.
Personally, I find having Isaac MIA among the ATs is a good thing, and that increases my hope for him being DLC later. And no, if Isaac just appears as a trophy it won't decrease my hope that much (Though, I would be happier if no Golden Sun trophy show up at all right now)

Although DLC characters is not 100% happening, I feel that it's not unlikely at all. I can really see DLC characters being announced close to the Wii U release. One of the argument against that idea is that if DLC is also available for the 3DS version, then there's no point in getting the Wii U version. But by that logic, there was no point in getting the Wii U version from the very moment they announced that the 3DS version was going to be released first, since both versions have the same roster...
Yes, they can try entice people with exclusive modes for Wii U and the fact that they can play the game in HD. However, all I've been seeing yesterday was people talking about roster this, roster that, characters this. Characters are obviously the first and most important thing on people 's minds. All I'm saying is that bringing new DLC characters close to the Wii U launch (Especially characters that people want) would bring hype, and hype is good.
Scenario 1-No new Characters: "Well these new modes are okay, but not that exciting. I already have the 3DS one, maybe I'll buy the Wii U one later, maybe..."
Secnario 2-New DLC Characters: "Whoa! These new characters are looking great! You know, I think I'll be getting the Wii U one asap, looking at them again these new modes are looking great actually, plus HD!"
Many scenarios are possible and people have many different ways of thinking. Those are just examples what could possibly happen.

What I see right now, is a console that's struggling, Mario Kart 8 having DLC, and Smash being the biggest and most important game for the Wii U. Unless they're planning something better for the Wii U, I think having no DLC for Smash would be a huge mistake. Nintendo can't afford to have that kind of attitude: "We don't have to do much, they're going to buy the game anyway". I feel that they better handle this Smash well because I don't think they're going to have another game that is as important for the console.
It's not extremely likely that they're is going to be DLC close to the Wii U launch. It's very possible that we'll have to wait 6 months or even a year. But having no DLC at all, I don't see that happening.
There was also that rumor about Namco hiring for "Smash 6" for 2015. If that is true, then having DLC next year seems more likely.

The only reason why I would agree when people say that we are only getting 4 extra characters or aren't getting as much DLC. Is because since we are dealing with two games now, it might make things complicated (Will we have to pay for DLC twice? Will it really be possible to transfer DLC from another console?) We'll have to see. Though I don't think that affects Isaac much. Since he isn't an AT, it seems likely that he is going to be included among the upcoming DLC.

Like many have stated there are also two other options for Isaac:
1. No Golden Sun content at all (or trophy)
It's not impossible, but I find that it is extremely unlikely. I also find that him just being demoted to a trophy is unlikely. There's a few assist trophies that come have less games and are not as popular or recognizable. So there's no reason for Isaac to not be a assist trophy while those characters are. I also think comparing other past ATs like Barbara (Which seems to be a trophy now) to Isaac is a bit silly. I feel that AT is the "lowest" form of representation Golden Sun is going to be getting, or rather should have.
2. Wii U exclusive.
This seems more likely than the option above, but not by that much though. Golden Sun is a handheld exclusive, so it doesn't make much sense if he is console exclusive for Smash. Also, Isaac's assist trophy from Brawl is not complicated at all. There are other ATs that are more complicated that got into the 3ds. The only way I can see that happening is that they changed Isaac's assist trophy and made it more complicated or that they couldn't finish it on time. However all the past ATs still function the same way, with no changes (except the Nintendog having another model). Although it would be nice if Golden Sun gets special treatment for a complete AT change, it would also really suck that it would only appear in one version (As well as waiting longer again just for another Isaac AT)

Also, about the "Wi-fi Icons" thingy, I'm pretty sure I know what people are talking about. I remember that part, it was shown during the Gema_yue stream. Shortly after unlocking ROB and having the "Unlocked all characters" message, he went to someplace where it showed icons of all the characters, assist trophies and other characters (like Dunban and Yellow Devil)
Many have said that they haven't seen Isaac in it. You can see on that link: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items/jeff
I'm pretty sure it's from the Gema_yue stream because of the red texts that he/she wrote after unlocking ROB.
Though there are some ATs missing like, Chain Chomp, Mother Brain, Nintendog (They are not Wii U exclusive because I saw all of them in the 3DS version).
But I think Isaac would have definitely been included if he was still an AT. Plus there is still no sign of him, so it's pretty much certain that he is not an AT, at least in the 3DS version.

With the day-one patch now revealed, it seems like having extra content through the internet seems a bit more likely now, whether it'd be free or paid content. Anything can happen, but I'm feeling more confident right now that Isaac will be DLC later. Maybe soon, maybe later. It's just not over for Isaac yet.

Well, it seems like this thread is going to close soon. Besides a few posts, I've mostly been a lurker here since I first visited this thread. But this thread was fun and it was great reading all the posts and comments here. I'll try to visit group threads as well once this one closes. I really hope Isaac gets in, for the fans here, for the fans elsewhere, in my opinion you guys really deserve it.
Well, is that icon list the full list of icons? If so, that proves for guaranteed sure that some AT's WILL be Wii U exclusive. Mother Brain is missing.

I don't know if DLC characters would be Wii U exclusive, but either way I do think that we will get DLC, and Isaac is one of the prime candidates. Getting a trophy for Isaac I think WOULD kill the possibility of him being DLC because of the icon. It doesn't matter if characters from established franchises get trophies, they could still potentially be DLC, because the icon doesn't need to change. The problem with characters from unrepped franchises, like Isaac... they'd have no icon, the DLC would have to change the icon as well.

If we're literally getting no content from GS at all, naturally I'd be extremely disappointed, and so far it looks that way. But... DLC is a very real possibility for this game, and the fact that there's nothing for GS just makes me extremely suspicious. I don't want to jump on the hype train again, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for DLC. And frankly, Isaac is the character who, ironically, makes me think its going to happen, even though he's the character I thought was least likely at the top of my list.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Here's to DLC Isaac as well! And the representation in SSB that Golden Sun deserves!
Aww, I love this post.

I'm adding that triumphant Isaac sprite to my signature to represent the hopes of Isaac becoming playable, some day. :sadeyes:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I want the speculation to ****ing end already, but lack of anything GS related, despite a pretty high demand for it, makes me believe something is up. I won't say he's planned for DLC or he WILL be DLC, but I will say that he was probably left out so he was available as an option for DLC.

Anyway, I'll probably be on the social boards if anyone wants to catch me there.
You part of the Big Four group? We can continue some discussion there. Although people have obviously simmered down but it is still a great place to discuss GS!

I actually find Isaac's MIA status better than confirmed as AT. Cause I don't think he will be completely excluded so his missing status as AT really points towards a playable chance. And that chance could be saved to create hype for the Wii U version! Forget the 3DS game, I will buy a Wii U along with the game as soon as Isaac is revealed!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You part of the Big Four group? We can continue some discussion there. Although people have obviously simmered down but it is still a great place to discuss GS!

I actually find Isaac's MIA status better than confirmed as AT. Cause I don't think he will be completely excluded so his missing status as AT really points towards a playable chance. And that chance could be saved to create hype for the Wii U version! Forget the 3DS game, I will buy a Wii U along with the game as soon as Isaac is revealed!
I'm NOT expecting characters to be Wii U exclusive and be free DLC on 3DS, but I think its a possibility. What I DO expect is DLC characters in general. Isaac sells it for me. Isaac being MIA is extremely suspicious. DLC is a very real possibility for this game, so I was really looking to see if Isaac would still be an AT or not. Isaac being an AT would've been a death sentence, but no Golden Sun content at all is extremely suspicious. That doesn't mean we WILL get GS content, but it would imply to me that Isaac was left out in the possibility that he could be added as a DLC character later.

EDIT: And yes, I'm part of the Big Four discussion. Its funny how Isaac was included in this, but he's definitely got the most potential for DLC among the remaining characters.

At least this thread doesn't have trolls. The Ridley thread got closed early due to trolls, and the same is now going to happen to the K. Rool thread.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So Dixie Kong and K. Rool have popped up as regular trophies, apparently.

Anything on Isaac?

Last edited:

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Well, is that icon list the full list of icons? If so, that proves for guaranteed sure that some AT's WILL be Wii U exclusive. Mother Brain is missing.
Yea, after the "All characters unlocked" message, there was also a message that showed up saying "All icons unlocked".
I'm pretty sure the screenshot was taken after that happened. Gema wrote some texts a little before checking the icons and after unlocking all the characters. Some of the texts show up in the screenshot. I remember the texts saying:
"You can now listen to all of Kirby copy abilities in sound test"
"Thank you to you all as well. I hope I and other early broadcasters don't get caught by the Nintendo ninjas"
Or something like that.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure I saw Mother Brain while watching someone playing the 3DS demo. So I don't any Wii U exclusive ATs have been shown yet.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm NOT expecting characters to be Wii U exclusive and be free DLC on 3DS, but I think its a possibility. What I DO expect is DLC characters in general. Isaac sells it for me. Isaac being MIA is extremely suspicious. DLC is a very real possibility for this game, so I was really looking to see if Isaac would still be an AT or not. Isaac being an AT would've been a death sentence, but no Golden Sun content at all is extremely suspicious. That doesn't mean we WILL get GS content, but it would imply to me that Isaac was left out in the possibility that he could be added as a DLC character later.

EDIT: And yes, I'm part of the Big Four discussion. Its funny how Isaac was included in this, but he's definitely got the most potential for DLC among the remaining characters.

At least this thread doesn't have trolls. The Ridley thread got closed early due to trolls, and the same is now going to happen to the K. Rool thread.
Yea it went from Big Three to Big Four :p But hey it is fine, even on most wanted thread, Banjo Kazooie was the only character before Isaac with K. Rool, Shulk, Ridley, Banjo Kazooie and Isaac in top 5. Shulk's already in the game, Banjo Kazooie is not possible. Hence top 4 of want on Smashboards atleast are Isaac, Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool.

Well no appearance at all is gratifying compared to an AT which would have made his case very very unlikely. But then we are taking it in a positive way. His detractors or just anti-GS people/trolls will say that Isaac has been abandoned, GS is dead and blah blah....

Well I guess I will continue posting here for a while till this thread closes..

Still supporting Isaac all the way! See ya guys around.

By the way, the Nintendo Treehouse Livestream started. You guys expecting any shakeups today?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
By the way, the Nintendo Treehouse Livestream started. You guys expecting any shakeups today?
Not at all. I am expecting DLC to be announced later (with Isaac being one of the top candidates), but I'm not expecting anything else.

On that note, I'm thinking at this point Ridley might just be a ****ty stage boss on Wii U. That Sakurai thinks is going to be a legitimate thing people actually want. Isaac is the character I think is currently the #1 most likely for DLC, although Dixie/K. Rool are still a possibility (since they've only got trophies and nothing more).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If MK8 is anything to go by, I'm not expecting any major DLC (or announcements of DLC) until sometime next year. Excluding possible transferable characters from the Wii U.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If MK8 is anything to go by, I'm not expecting any major DLC (or announcements of DLC) until sometime next year. Excluding possible transferable characters from the Wii U.
Yea either Isaac and company (big 4 guys) are transferable Wii U characters or just DLC which will come out later....

But still both cases might get a reveal right? Cause now I want a newcomer trailer for Isaac so badly....

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yea either Isaac and company (big 4 guys) are transferable Wii U characters or just DLC which will come out later....

But still both cases might get a reveal right? Cause I want a newcomer trailer for Isaac so badly....
Well I doubt it'll be for Isaac, but I'm expecting at least one more newcomer trailer for any Wii U characters, though that probably won't be for a bit.

Who knows how DLC will be handled. Hopefully there's a trailer, but if not it's no big deal.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes, it's interesting because then there *might* be a trailer. Although it's hard to say one way or another. Either way, being a DLC character would likely give Isaac more of a spotlight than having shown up as a secret unlockable character in the roster.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yes, it's interesting because then there *might* be a trailer. Although it's hard to say one way or another. Either way, being a DLC character would likely give Isaac more of a spotlight than having shown up as a secret unlockable character in the roster.
Yup. If Isaac is DLC or even Wii U transferable character, trailer or no trailer (trailer please!!!), he would get much more exposure than a secret hidden character.

I just hope Sakurai has nothing against JRPGs. First he says Shulk, the hero of Nintendo's latest JRPG, is not a character usually added to Smash. And then Isaac is missing. Obviously I don't think so just putting that out there.

Back to positivity :)! Isaac will be playable. Sakurai has realized his true power as hype creator :p Plus seeing him first on Wii U will be just amazing!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Didn't Dark Dawn come out recently?
Fairly recently - in 2009, I believe.

However, it didn't do too well, leading many to feel pessimistic for the series' future.

However, you're right... I should really not be such a drama queen. Camelot has had their hands full working on Mario sports titles for the 3DS. We can't give up just yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Fairly recently - in 2009, I believe.

However, it didn't do too well, leading many to feel pessimistic for the series' future.

However, you're right... I should really not be such a drama queen. Camelot has had their hands full working on Mario sports titles for the 3DS. We can't give up just yet.
2010. I think GS4 is coming. Potentially, Isaac might be saved to promote GS4 when its announced, rather than make him playable long before the next game is expected to come out. Its a possibility.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't really like Golden Sun (Found the gameplay and story boring but the concepts of having choas give you powers cool.) but I read somewhere its supposed to be a 6 book game. Since half the series is out, you might have a chance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom