• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Guys, let's at least make an effort to get to 200 pages before the topic gets locked :estatic:

How about one last Golden Sun discussion before it's over?

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?
I might as well answer these too:p

Favourite Adepts: Isaac, Alex and Sheba
Favourite Element: Wind
Favourite NPC: Briggs and his entire family. Champa is my favourite village (I even named my Animal Crossing town after it :p)
Favourite Lighthouse: Jupiter
Favourite Rock: Air's Rock
Favourite Song: I think I'm going to have to go with Jenna's Battle music, but that's mostly because I've been listening to it on loop a lot (it's really catchy!) It's a shame it's only in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Something definitely is going on here. I don't like it one bit. Sakurai playing with my emotions. I'm hoping there will be a few surprise character reveals in the form of DLC for Isaac and maybe one more character. Until then it was great to be apart of such an amazing thread.

Thanks for the all the support guys! Golden Sun is still one of the best created franchises imo.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Idk if this has been discussed in earlier posts but what do you guys think will happen to the unannounced returning assist trophies? I had high hopes for Isaac to be playable and for Kat & Ana to join Wario. But now I'm afraid they will all be forgotten and not come back as returning assists, or even worse none of them become playable :/

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So no Golden sun Representation what gives I have all ready lost 3 of my mains :popo::lucas::wolf: and I am not losing my proffered Newcomer, has anyone seen or heard about Isaac ? I have already broke down about Lucas I need to know ? pwease ='3
So far, nothing. There is not even a trophy of Isaac as well. That is very strange. Not only him though, Ridley, K. Rool and others are absent of being trophys. I agree with a lot of you, somethings fishy here.

Call me crazy, but my hope has not withered just yet for Isaac. We still have the Wii U to worry about now. Everyone knows that the best way to get people hyped is by what characters are going to be in. If that's the case, then the Wii U is not looking good. Sakurai would have known that. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few characters left in the 3DS that are completely locked until a certain date arrives. If that were the case, then I bet that the only way to unlock them is connecting the 3DS to the Wii U. It's the perfect plan. Keep the hype up for the Wii U! Also, there is DLC too, but I wonder if that's the case.

Since Isaac (or any GS content) has been completely absent, that gives me hope that Sakurai is hiding something. Something big. We'll see in 2-3 months.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So far, nothing. There is not even a trophy of Isaac as well. That is very strange. Not only him though, Ridley, K. Rool and others are absent of being trophys. I agree with a lot of you, somethings fishy here.

Call me crazy, but my hope has not withered just yet for Isaac. We still have the Wii U to worry about now. Everyone knows that the best way to get people hyped is by what characters are going to be in. If that's the case, then the Wii U is not looking good. Sakurai would have known that. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few characters left in the 3DS that are completely locked until a certain date arrives. If that were the case, then I bet that the only way to unlock them is connecting the 3DS to the Wii U. It's the perfect plan. Keep the hype up for the Wii U! Also, there is DLC too, but I wonder if that's the case.

Since Isaac (or any GS content) has been completely absent, that gives me hope that Sakurai is hiding something. Something big. We'll see in 2-3 months.
I really hope Lucas and Isaac are in there I lost 3 mains and the one I want back who is the best looking in terms of getting back with Wii U is Lucas this stage being a reason plus the music brought me to tears of joy and depression
Please Sakurai GIVE ME LUCAS AND ISAAC PLEASE!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Too all of y'all, my fellow Isaacianites, I love you guys and on the day he is released as DLC, I will see you all again, and if he isn't DLC, I'll see you all next game for sure.

Arteen

Smash Lord
@ N3ON N3ON I have made a support/discussion thread for Isaac under a Social Group that Allies the Isaac fanbase with the Mewtwo, King K. Rool and Ridley fanbases.

Here is a link: http://smashboards.com/threads/isaac-support-discussion-thread.367346/

Would you like to the Thread?
Haha. I like the idea of Isaac hanging out with the Big Three.

Guys, let's at least make an effort to get to 200 pages before the topic gets locked :estatic:

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?
Favorite Adept - Isaac, though Felix is close. I like their quiet determination.
Favorite Element - Venus psynergy. It's just so distinctive with everything from boulders and earthquakes to plants to ethereal swords. I also love the wind and electricity mix of Jupiter psynergy.
Favorite NPC - Alex, definitely. He's the most interesting character across the three games. I'm also partial to Feizhi. I was hoping to see more of her.
Favorite Lighthouse - Venus, easily. It's the climax of the first game and it's got an awesome theme. Jupiter is second as that's when both parties finally meet up again.
Favorite Rock - None of them? They're all such an ordeal. :)
Favorite Song - Can't beat the Venus Lighthouse theme.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, I can't completely give up hope for some reason. Not until the Wii U is released and DLC becomes deconfirmed or something like that.

The complete and total lack of Isaac is off. I can't believe it that it would be my dream character Isaac that would be making me feel like there has to be something more somehow, but it is.

If not, it's a crushing defeat. And I seriously can not tell how frustrated I am that Kid Icarus got two new characters and Golden Sun lost all of its representation. (I just can't say that without feeling highly suspicious of it. lol)

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Wait, there's been no sign of Golden Sun at all? That's strange...

Maybe there will be DLC with all these missing characters?
Yep. Nothing. The only thing we got is a Camelot mentioning in the credits, which just adds to the fishy situation with the only Camelot-related character, heck, the only Camelot-related thing is Waluigi who has been created by them. He is a first party character though and Camelot does not get credited for him in any game (Mario Kart, Mario Smash Football etc.), except the ones made by them.
It's just too quiet to not have something hiding in the bushes.

People were talking about a day one dlc to prevent full leaks from happening, which actually sounds somewhat realistic, given the circumstances.

Take it as you will, maybe, possibly, we're just overintellectualising - but.. who knows?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
There's something to be said about Isaac being one of a handful of popular character requests conspicuously missing from the 3DS version. Not being playable characters or ATs is one thing, but not even having a regular trophy? Either Sakurai's incredibly out of touch with Smash fans or he's leaving open specific gaps that can later be filled with the Wii U release and/or DLC. I don't want to get overly hopeful about what may be coming over the coming months after the disappointment from earlier today, but I'd sure like to believe that the Ridley teases weren't for nothing, Mewtwo hasn't truly failed to return two Smashes in a row, and that Golden Sun wasn't forgotten, among others.

A bit sad to think that character forum will end up locked soon with prospects for DLC at least seeming strong and quite a few characters been left very available to become said DLC. It may not be the most relevant forum anymore, but it doesn't seem worth snuffing out just yet. Well, regardless of what happens, it sure has been gratifying seeing so many users carry the torch for Isaac for so long. Here's hoping our faith will eventually be rewarded!

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
A bit sad to think that character forum will end up locked soon with prospects for DLC at least seeming strong and quite a few characters been left very available to become said DLC. It may not be the most relevant forum anymore, but it doesn't seem worth snuffing out just yet. Well, regardless of what happens, it sure has been gratifying seeing so many users carry the torch for Isaac for so long. Here's hoping our faith will eventually be rewarded!
I'll miss the thread but don't mind it being locked now that we know the full roster. Let's just hope for DLC news to bring the gang back together!

Yep. Nothing. The only thing we got is a Camelot mentioning in the credits, which just adds to the fishy situation with the only Camelot-related character, heck, the only Camelot-related thing is Waluigi who has been created by them. He is a first party character though and Camelot does not get credited for him in any game (Mario Kart, Mario Smash Football etc.), except the ones made by them.
It's just too quiet to not have something hiding in the bushes.

People were talking about a day one dlc to prevent full leaks from happening, which actually sounds somewhat realistic, given the circumstances.

Take it as you will, maybe, possibly, we're just overintellectualising - but.. who knows?
We could see DLC packs for each of these missing chunks of franchises. I posted this on the other Isaac thread already (the one prepared for when this is locked), but oh well. In a Golden Sun pack, we can get Isaac, a stage, an assistant, music, etc. Or the whole linking the 3DS and Wii U thing could happen.

By the way, why is Camelot credited if Isaac is to be released later? How sure are we that there is nothing from Golden Sun? Normally a company isn't mentioned unless content from them actually shows up.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
"Hey, you! Yeah, the Golden Sun fan."
*SMACK*

That's how I feel right now. Like Nintendo just slapped me, right in the face. As though my support, my love for the company and its games, means nothing.

Golden Sun is one of the greatest games of all time. It had a profound impact on my life, and can be tied directly to my getting past certain hardships and growing into the person I am today.

Nintendo wants to forget Golden Sun. I can't help but feel that they want to forget me along with that.

What the heck happened, Nintendo? Seriously... I need to just sit and think for a while.

"Hey, you! Yeah, the Golden Sun fan."
*SMACK*

That's how I feel right now. Like Nintendo just slapped me, right in the face. As though my support, my love for the company and its games, means nothing.

Golden Sun is one of the greatest games of all time. It had a profound impact on my life, and can be tied directly to my getting past certain hardships and growing into the person I am today.

Nintendo wants to forget Golden Sun. I can't help but feel that they want to forget me along with that.

What the heck happened, Nintendo? Seriously... I need to just sit and think for a while.

Who said Nintendo is trying to forget Golden Sun? Dark Dawn came out just four years ago. The sales weren't so good, but hey, Nintendo knows the series still exists. Besides, Golden Sun was pretty popular when the original came out, and like you said, was regarded to be a great game. Just stay positive, maybe we will see Isaac battle Mario after all.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
With Isaac not being an assist, Nintendo may be leaving him open for DLC, unlike Ridley. Maybe it is telling that he isn't an assist trophy this time around, despite being pretty popular. Of course, there's always the risk that he might not be in the game at all...

I wonder what other assists aren't returning. If Isaac is the only cut assist trophy, then that might be telling. If he is one of like two or three cut assists, still might raise his chances a bit.

Anyways, best of luck to all of you. I haven't played Golden Sun myself, but I've heard from my brother that it's a great game. Oh, and of course I read the op a while ago, so I get all of that stuff.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Good luck, I (sincerely) look forward to it.
Seems this goes all the way up to the admins huh?

I think I've learned when it's best I save my breath.

Sorry to disappoint you. ;P

I'm sure @ N3ON N3ON will consider it. And thank you anything you can do helps.
I think I'd like to keep this thread archived with all the others, but if it can be copied I'm fine with that.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?
Favorite Adept - Felix! I enjoy his antihero role in the series. He was willing to take on the role of a villain and go against a living god before it was cool! :p And all to help save the people of Prox from imminent doom. Secret good guy Felix ftw!
Favorite Element - I've always been partial to wind and earth elementals, hard to pick between them! Shouldn't come as a surprise that Ivan is my other favorite character, haha.
Favorite NPC - Uhhh... Briggs is pretty cool, I guess. And Saturos and Menardi. Oh, and Briggs' grandma, Obaba! She's a total boss.
Favorite Lighthouse - The culmination of the first game at Venus Lighthouse is pretty great.
Favorite Rock - To play? I'll go with Air. As for music...
Favorite Song - I've always really loved the music for Magma Rock. Just always really stuck out to me.

As for there seemingly being no Golden Sun content in Smash on the 3DS... it is really strange, but I am trying my best to reserve judgment until the WiiU version. It is really frustrating, though. We've had to cope with having absolutely no information on Isaac for this entire development cycle, and just when we think we're finally going to find out what his status is... nope, still nothing. Just a nod to Camelot in the credits to toy with us, haha. It's... it's just too cruel! D8

Well, there is always the chance that Isaac is one of the few Assists that didn't make it to the 3DS version, for whatever reason. Or maybe there is something more planned for him? I think we're just gonna have to keep waiting a little while longer, as torturous as that sounds!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
EDIT: Saving the goodbye closer to when the thread gets locked. Just got all sentimental there. Embarrass

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?
Favourite Adept: Isaac
Favourite Element: Venus, closely followed by Jupiter. I love the tri elemental class Ninja with its combo of Venus, Mars and Jupiter
Favourite NPC: Master Hama! I wanted to see her in action as she is supposedly super awesome! Why didn't she just shatter the boulder above Hsu/Ulmuch?
Favourite Lighthouse: Venus Lighthouse!
Favourite Rock: Gaia Rock, the only rock which is not that tedious in my opinion! Plus its tons of fun. I remember bringing Isaac here later just to try to make him learn sand .... >.< Even though I know the tablet disappears!
Favourite Song: I love the Venus Lighthouse theme! Isaac and Jenna's tune closely follow behind!

Almost all of my likes are linked to the element Venus, aren't they?

I still think Isaac has a good chance of being playable in the Wii U version since his disappearance is too mysterious and too odd. The big 3 are also missing. So...

But as a side note: I really wanted to see her in action

Now I just want to see a full fledged Golden Sun on Wii U! Which has more character development! With Isaac being revealed for Smash alongside ;)

Since Xenoblade is coming to handheld, why can't a handheld series go on home console :p

Last edited:

JPW

Smash Ace
Something for all of you.

Seems weird Golden Sun would go from so much to nothing.
In Brawl Golden Sun had 4 different representations.

Isaac Assist Trophy
Isaac Trophy
Golden Sun Character Stickers
Golden Sun Battle Theme

Isaac joining Smash 4 would of seemed like the most obvious next progression.
Either he's an exclusive Wii U Assist or just a trophy on Wii U or he's part of dlc or maybe just maybe he's unlockable by owning both games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There weren't any GS stickers.

Sadly I also doubt we would've gotten any trophies if not for the AT.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Warning Received
I'm glad to hear that a lot of you have not given up on Isaac just yet. Sakurai would never have all characters revealed on one console only to spoil the next one. I bet he has something planned. Hype the 3DS as much as possible and make us think that's all we are going to get, then suddenly, the Wii U version has even more content and characters to look forward to. The Sakurai Hype train has finally slowed down, but I doubt that it will end soon. I bet it's going to pick up again to it's ultimate power and we only just had a taste of it.

The roster looks great, BUT I can't help but feel like its still out of place. Like there are characters that need to be there. And I'm not just talking about Isaac either (even though he would make the roster perfect for me. lol)

I also have to add here: Has anyone ever think the reason being that Isaac is not on the 3DS (because we thought GBA was a handheld and would have been perfect for the 3DS because its a handheld too.) is because the GBA VC is on the Wii U? That should tell us something there. Just something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
DLC4LYFE

I'm still hopeful.

Favourite Adepts: The Fantastic (first) Four: Isaac, Mia, Garet, and Ivan!
Favourite Element: Jupiter, just barely.
Favourite NPC: Saturous and Menardi, if they count! Otherwise Kraden's endless dialogue
Favourite Lighthouse: Mercury
Favourite Rock: Aqua Rock
Favourite Song: Elemental Stars, no contest.

Man I love the Golden Sun series, guys. Thinking about it keeps reminding me...
Even if we don't get a character I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows Weyard.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'm sorry for being so pessimistic, but if Isaac was being saved as a DLC candidate, why not replace his AT with either Felix, Garet or Matthew? They could all do the exact same thing as Isaac. I'm quite confident Sakurai just f*cked Golden Sun over this time (or saved him as a Wii U exclusive AT). I don't understand what Golden Sun ever did to him. :glare:

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey guys, just wanted to give my thanks for all the fun speculation. i really wanted isaac in since brawl. now this time, sakurai has shown me what a total ass he really is. as long as he is in charge, i have no faith in his decisions. ignoring character requests like ridley, king k rool, mewtwo and even isaac and adding characters that weren't even demanded such as dark pit and dr mario, on top of cutting semi clones like wolf and lucas and being replaced with pure clones just shows me he doesn't care about his fans. my hope is that in the future, someone better will take his place and actually listen to us. i don't have any faith in any kind of form of DLC because of sakurai. the only thing i hope for now is Golden Sun 4. thanx guys, its been real. hopefully we can continue discussing isaac and the golden sun series in that new group mentioned earlier. i eagerly await the dawn of the new Golden Sun.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, guys, it's been fun. I just posted Isaac's obituary up to the Graveyard. I wanted to make sure we got it in before everything shut down. I'll be sad to see you all go. Here's hoping to a bright future for Golden Sun.

Farewell, but I hope I'll see you all in the Social Group once the thread is closed.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, guys, it's been fun. I just posted Isaac's obituary up to the Graveyard. I wanted to make sure we got it in before everything shut down. I'll be sad to see you all go. Here's hoping to a bright future for Golden Sun.

Farewell, but I hope I'll see you all in the Social Group once the thread is closed.
Did someone give Isaac the Tomegathericon? Cause he is definitely going to rise out of that graveyard :p

But still see ya!

Staarih

Smash Master
You know what would be horrible... Assist Trophy DLC. Seeing as we're missing Ray, Jill and Barbara, and whoever else from the Brawl AT's (and I would assume not all of them get promoted to playable characters), could they be offering them as Assist Trophies in DLC packs? I hope not haha, Isaac better be playable. But it is sort of weird if none of the above get any mention in the game whatsoever.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You know what would be horrible... Assist Trophy DLC. Seeing as we're missing Ray, Jill and Barbara, and whoever else from the Brawl AT's (and I would assume not all of them get promoted to playable characters), could they be offering them as Assist Trophies in DLC packs? I hope not haha, Isaac better be playable. But it is sort of weird if none of the above get any mention in the game whatsoever.
If I could report someone for making an outright evil suggestion, I would report this post.

Do not give Nintendo ideas. And do not give us even more pessimism, please. That idea seems even more likely than DLC characters, and it is crushing.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
If it was like a set where we'd get
1 character:2 ATs:3songs:1 stage
or something like that, then I'd take it.
If it's simply just ATs, then I will proceed to flip the finger at Sakurai.

Top Bottom