• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I really do think Isaac is in. I mean, why would Sakurai not have deconfirmed him in the Smash direct along with the majority of assist trophies from Brawl? (He did with Saki :crying:). Golden Sun is one of the only Nintendo IP's that hasn't been represented yet and I'm sure Sakurai wants to represent as much of Nintendo's properties as he possibly can.
That got me thinking, was Saki a locked Assist Trophy in Brawl?

Golden Sun is one of the many Nintendo IP's that has not been represented in SSB4 as of yet, but it is also the one that immediately has importance right next to the Household names.

Golden Sun has a bigger presence than lesser known Nintendo games, such as Advance Wars and Magical Starsign.

Though I will not argue that Advance Wars has made a name for itself among the Nintendo Family.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really do think Isaac is in. I mean, why would Sakurai not have deconfirmed him in the Smash direct along with the majority of assist trophies from Brawl? (He did with Saki :crying:). Golden Sun is one of the only Nintendo IP's that hasn't been represented yet and I'm sure Sakurai wants to represent as much of Nintendo's properties as he possibly can.
I'm holding out for the possibility that Sakurai doesn't believe Golden Sun deserves the representation, but honestly I highly doubt that. I think Isaac is either playable in the game or is planned for DLC.

That got me thinking, was Saki a locked Assist Trophy in Brawl?

Golden Sun is one of the many Nintendo IP's that has not been represented in SSB4 as of yet, but it is also the one that immediately has importance right next to the Household names.

Golden Sun has a bigger presence than lesser known Nintendo games, such as Advance Wars and Magical Starsign.

Though I will not argue that Advance Wars has made a name for itself among the Nintendo Family.
Nope, Saki was not. The only locked Brawl AT we've gotten is Shadow.

...which actually makes me think even MORE that we WILL get one more promotion. There's no reason to think that all the locked Brawl AT's are still locked in this game, since we have to keep in mind that new unlockable AT's and Pokeballs will probably be added (Pokeballs are already confirmed). They'd have to make some of these AT's starters, but we haven't seen any yet. Why? Because one of them was promoted to playable, and Sakurai doesn't want people to figure out who it might be.

That's the only logical explanation to me. So yeah, I still think Isaac is playable.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Only Barbara, Advance Wars infantry, Shadow, MKIII and Isaac were unlockable.
The rest were right there from the very beginning.

It doesn't mean much really since it's not like they are the only ones unannounced.

I think there is one more promotion or something. I mean... there is NO point in removing AT when we've seen they are literally 1:1 ports. The only reason to not show them all is because one of them is a new character and showing more and more would lead to suspicion.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm holding out for the possibility that Sakurai doesn't believe Golden Sun deserves the representation, but honestly I highly doubt that. I think Isaac is either playable in the game or is planned for DLC.

Thanks for the information about Saki in Brawl, but I am not certain whether or not DLC will be in this game, especially if it concerns playable characters.

...which actually makes me think even MORE that we WILL get one more promotion. There's no reason to think that all the locked Brawl AT's are still locked in this game, since we have to keep in mind that new unlockable AT's and Pokeballs will probably be added (Pokeballs are already confirmed). They'd have to make some of these AT's starters, but we haven't seen any yet. Why? Because one of them was promoted to playable, and Sakurai doesn't want people to figure out who it might be.

That's the only logical explanation to me. So yeah, I still think Isaac is playable.
If Sakurai revealed anything Golden Sun related for SSB4 without mentioning Isaac, then that would confirm Isaac most likely. Because Sakurai has kept Isaac and the Golden Sun series under wraps, he may have bigger plans for them.

And yes I agree with you about Isaac being promoted.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thanks for the information about Saki in Brawl, but I am not certain whether or not DLC will be in this game, especially if it concerns playable characters.

If Sakurai revealed anything Golden Sun related for SSB4 without mentioning Isaac, then that would confirm Isaac most likely. Because Sakurai has kept Isaac and the Golden Sun series under wraps, he may have bigger plans for them.

And yes I agree with you about Isaac being promoted.
I think the exact opposite, personally. I don't think anything Golden Sun related will be mentioned unless Isaac is playable. But who knows?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think the exact opposite, personally. I don't think anything Golden Sun related will be mentioned unless Isaac is playable. But who knows?
That makes sense, because that would be Sakurai spilling the beans. Sakurai is known to not reveal anything if it means spoiling surprises that he has in store.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That makes sense, because that would be Sakurai spilling the beans. Sakurai is known to not reveal anything if it means spoiling surprises that he has in store.
Xenoblade Chronicles had no mentions at all until the Music came up... and, well, leaks. And even then, a ton of other games were mentioned not related at all to Nintendo, so Xenoblade Chronicles getting references doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot, they were just picking more recent titles. The Golden Sun composer listed in there didn't work on Dark Dawn, if I recall correctly, hence why it wasn't mentioned.

The only time Xenoblade ever got referenced was from outside sources, Sakurai never once brought it up. Same with Little Mac. The Boxing Ring was just a fighting arena, it didn't necessarily reference Punch Out. In fact, if I recall, it wasn't based directly on a Punch Out Boxing Ring either, its just a generic one with logos on it.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, we will know Isaac's faith in less than 10 days, I'm sure. There's already talk about the game reaching retailers, so a full leak before next Saturday is probably not unexpected.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Xenoblade Chronicles had no mentions at all until the Music came up... and, well, leaks. And even then, a ton of other games were mentioned not related at all to Nintendo, so Xenoblade Chronicles getting references doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot, they were just picking more recent titles. The Golden Sun composer listed in there didn't work on Dark Dawn, if I recall correctly, hence why it wasn't mentioned.

The only time Xenoblade ever got referenced was from outside sources, Sakurai never once brought it up. Same with Little Mac. The Boxing Ring was just a fighting arena, it didn't necessarily reference Punch Out. In fact, if I recall, it wasn't based directly on a Punch Out Boxing Ring either, its just a generic one with logos on it.
Hmmm....good point. Hopefully we see some Golden Sun representation, the good kind of course.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Something to mention on unlockables:

In the 3DS version, there are only 35 Challenges. This is a far cry from Brawl, which featured 128.

The only Challenge we have seen so far unlocks a Pokémon for the Pokéballs.

Are they all going to be Pokéball and Assist Trophy unlocks? Because if we add in music, stages, or characters, that is going to drop the potential number of unlockable ATs just because there isn't going to be enough room for them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

In the 3DS version, there are only 35 Challenges. This is a far cry from Brawl, which featured 128.

Are they all going to be Pokéball and Assist Trophy unlocks? Because if we add in music, stages, or characters, that is going to drop the potential number of unlockable ATs just because there isn't going to be enough room for them.
I see that as a double edged sword really. Though the 3DS cannot hold as much Assist Trophies as the Wii U version, it is the fact that the Wii U version exists that can hindrance some potential playable characters. Being able to store more Assist Trophies makes the Wii U version a bigger threat among the possibly promoted Assist Trophies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

My point exactly. Sakurai has literally no reason not to show off unlockable AT's from Brawl... unless he's saving up for something.

I see that as a double edged sword really. Though the 3DS cannot hold as much Assist Trophies as the Wii U version, it is the fact that the Wii U version exists that can hindrance some potential playable characters. Being able to store more Assist Trophies makes the Wii U version a bigger threat among the possibly promoted Assist Trophies.
Sakurai said AT's would mostly be the same between version, which would imply that, at worst, the Wii U might be missing a few. The difference is, based on what we're seeing, the 3DS will have far less unlockable AT's. Which really makes absolutely no sense as to why we haven't gotten any unlockable Brawl AT's yet.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My point exactly. Sakurai has literally no reason not to show off unlockable AT's from Brawl... unless he's saving up for something.

Sakurai said AT's would mostly be the same between version, which would imply that, at worst, the Wii U might be missing a few. The difference is, based on what we're seeing, the 3DS will have far less unlockable AT's. Which really makes absolutely no sense as to why we haven't gotten any unlockable Brawl AT's yet.
Sakurai may just be waiting to show off unlockable Assist Trophies in the Wii U version showcase.

We still have not covered a Direct that focuses on the new Modes and tidbits of the Wii U version, I think we might get some unlockable trophy information there.

Edit: Forgot an important tidbit. That is if the Wii U Version Showcase comes out before the Japanese 3DS version is released.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Are there only 35 challenges on the 3DS version? What a bummer.
Judging from the POTD I thought there were 35 PAGES of challenges, not only 35 in total. Was this officially confirmed? That sucks, really, I thought there would be more challenges than in brawl D:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Are there only 35 challenges on the 3DS version? What a bummer.
Judging from the POTD I thought there were 35 PAGES of challenges, not only 35 in total. Was this officially confirmed? That sucks, really, I thought there would be more challenges than in brawl D:
Count the rectangles. Seven across, five down. Four of them are highlighted, the counter reads 4/35. No scroll arrows visible.

Unless they have challenges as unlockable content... Yep, that's it.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I noticed right now there are 35 exact rectangles, but... Aren't there 5 completed challenges in that picture? What's the 4/35 even for? Was the picture taken in the EXACT moment before the counter updates? What the hell, he could've specified it in the POTD :(

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Maybe that's just for Target Blast? Maybe Multi Man Melee/Home Run Contest/etc. have different challenges associated with them?

I wish Smash 4 would be out already...I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ISAAC IS IN OR NOT

Also those recolours are super cool, how'd you do them? The hair colour should totally be changed as well!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, I noticed right now there are 35 exact rectangles, but... Aren't there 5 completed challenges in that picture? What's the 4/35 even for? Was the picture taken in the EXACT moment before the counter updates? What the hell, he could've specified it in the POTD :(
If it's like most Nintendo games, the counter won't update until after the "Got It!" splash disappears.

Maybe that's just for Target Blast? Maybe Multi Man Melee/Home Run Contest/etc. have different challenges associated with them?

I wish Smash 4 would be out already...I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ISAAC IS IN OR NOT

Also those recolours are super cool, how'd you do them? The hair colour should totally be changed as well!
If it were a costume, I'm pretty sure the hair would change as well. Especially for the Felix alt.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Is it for definite that there's only 35 challenges?

Couldn't there be multiple pages, or maybe it'll scroll somehow.

Also I would imagine unlocking music won't be as much of a thing on the 3ds version since there's only two tracks per stage.

It's very disappointing that there's only 35 challenges, especially since a lot of them are probably simple "try this for the first time" challenges.

This may be a stretch but what if events returned and they acted as another unlock screen?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Is it for definite that there's only 35 challenges?

Couldn't there be multiple pages, or maybe it'll scroll somehow.

Also I would imagine unlocking music won't be as much of a thing on the 3ds version since there's only two tracks per stage.

It's very disappointing that there's only 35 challenges, especially since a lot of them are probably simple "try this for the first time" challenges.

This may be a stretch but what if events returned and they acted as another unlock screen?
Read four posts above yours.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
SSB4 could have hitting Sandbag unlock the music as he did in Brawl. Or the music could randomly fall from the sky.
Since music is tied directly to stages (2 per stage), it's possible that we won't have any unlockable music, only unlockable stages.

If we did have unlockable music, I'd expect it to be Smash Run specific music.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Since music is tied directly to stages (2 per stage), it's possible that we won't have any unlockable music, only unlockable stages.

If we did have unlockable music, I'd expect it to be Smash Run specific music.
My focus was on the Wii U version of the game when making that comment, but that is true about the 3DS version.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I sent Nintendo Support an email asking if they would consider making amiibos for Assist Trophies (even if it's as a limited run and isn't compatible with any games except for Smash Bros). I specifically asked for Isaac (as well as mentioning Skull Kid, Ghirahim and Ashley all being just as popular as the Smash Bros characters) and mentioned this topic. They responded with this:

Thank you for taking the time to write in to us. I apologize for the delay in our response. As you already know, amiibo will be compatible with Super Smash Bros. However, that is not the only game the amiibo will be compatible with. They will also be compatible with upcoming games such as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, and Yoshi's Wooly World.

You can keep up to date on all of the latest amiibo news on our website: http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo.

Meanwhile, I'll make sure that your request for an amiibo of Isaac from Golden Sun is forwarded, so your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee that we'll make the type of changes you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
You guys should consider sending an email to them about assist trophy amiibos as well. That way - regardless of what happens to Isaac specifically - Nintendo might consider doing a limited run of amiibos for Assist Trophies including some of our favourites :)

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
That's actually pretty cool, I was reading the response and thinking it was the typical prefabricated automatic response via e-mail, but it's nice to know they addressed your petition.

I swear I'd freak out with an Isaac amiibo and buy one INSTANTLY. I don't care about my euros. Take'em Nintendo, all of 'em!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What email did you use? The "contact us" bit of the website is a mess to navigate through.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Yeah, I struggled to figure out who to send it to so at the start of my email I apologized in case I sent it to the wrong people and asked if they could forward it to the right department.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

From there I probably picked "Products" and "Wii U". It shouldn't really matter.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I sent off my request for an Isaac amiibo as well.

I really, really want to see Yarn Isaac in Yoshi's Wooly World. The scarf would be just a loose piece of yarn flowing off his model.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I sent off my request for an Isaac amiibo as well.

I really, really want to see Yarn Isaac in Yoshi's Wooly World. The scarf would be just a loose piece of yarn flowing off his model.
Wow. And I never even considered that..... although I guess I was concentrating too much on his Smash 4 appearance. I would have sent numerous mails to include Isaac in the game itself.

Maybe I will send a request as well for Isaac amiibo! But if he will be playable we will get one anyway :p

Yup. Although looking at it logically, the assist trophy remaining standing a chance for promotion is our Earth Shaking adept considering he is the most popular out of the remaining ATs to be promoted. Unless there are multiple promotions and we are getting someone from Advance Wars as well, which I would love, but doubt.

Hey but atleast Isaac will be playable right? And then that Isaac Amiibo....! :chuckle:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Dropping by to wish you guys good luck for the final countdown. Never got a chance to play Golden Sun, but really hoping Isaac makes it in.
It's on the E-Shop. Good price for a fantastic game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Anyone heard about Lost Age yet? Know when its out? I thought it released already somewhere, but I didn't think it released in the US yet.

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice

You could unlock new challenges in Kid Icarus Uprising when you progressed in the story. Considering Sakurai worked on the game i think it is pretty likely that you can also unlock new challenges in some way in Sm4sh.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Anyone heard about Lost Age yet? Know when its out? I thought it released already somewhere, but I didn't think it released in the US yet.
Yea it came out in Japan but not in the US or Europe so far. Don't know when either.

Maybe when Isaac is announced? :p

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Count the rectangles. Seven across, five down. Four of them are highlighted, the counter reads 4/35. No scroll arrows visible.
Unless they have challenges as unlockable content... Yep, that's it.
Well Kid Icarus Upraising had 3 pages of challenges, but there was no sign of the second or third until you beat whatever chapters it was that unlocked them. Its not like challenges would take up much memory - its just displaying unlock conditions that were already present. This would hardly be the first design element Sakurai's transferred over from KI:U. If the golden hammers are on the right of the screen, maybe you can select other pages on the left once they're available?

Golden Sun: The Lost Age has a virtual console rating in Europe and Australia, although that was way back when the GBA VC just launched, so who knows how much longer it may take. From what I remember America doesn't need a new rating for old games, so its completely quiet on that front. Given NoE/Oz usually don't announce when Virtual Console games come out until the week they go up, it is entirely possible (though unlikely unless Isaac gets revealed) it could go up next week.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Actually, Motoi Sakuraba was the music composer for Dark Dawn as well. He might not have been mentioned on the composers' page to keep the inclusion of Isaac a secret but he did compose for DD as well.

Golden Sun is being especially hidden from our eyes but this CAN be really good news considering they might have a GS4 game in the planning or even GS1 and 2 remake! Although I doubt the remake since they already released the 2 games on VC but still, I would definitely buy it! Or maybe even GS4. Golden Sun's formula is not broken up but Camelot was unable to use it to its advantage as well as the built up plot to make DD, thus its lacklustre sales as well as lukewarm response.

Maybe we can see some small changes to make the game even better and perhaps more strategic! Plus a plot to fix all the plotholes and loopholes we have gotten so far. Also a GS4 on Wii U...... :lick:

It is true that Xenoblade was also kept pretty hidden and we saw no indication of it except the composer list included it as well as all the leaks mentioning Shulk. Granted Isaac has not been shown in many leaks, I have seen only 2 rumours with him but why not? A character does not have to be in a leak to get a spot and Isaac's popularity as well as legacy is enough to warrant him a spot, not to mention the amazing potential he has to bring something new to the table that no other fighter has, EVEN after Robin and Shulk's reveals.

Here's to Isaac in Smash! Buck up everybody, not much time left. Unless Nintendo does a wacky move and not all characters are included on the 3DS cartridge from the get go....

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, Motoi Sakuraba was the music composer for Dark Dawn as well. He might not have been mentioned on the composers' page to keep the inclusion of Isaac a secret but he did compose for DD as well.

Golden Sun is being especially hidden from our eyes but this CAN be really good news considering they might have a GS4 game in the planning or even GS1 and 2 remake! Although I doubt the remake since they already released the 2 games on VC but still, I would definitely buy it! Or maybe even GS4. Golden Sun's formula is not broken up but Camelot was unable to use it to its advantage as well as the built up plot to make DD, thus its lacklustre sales as well as lukewarm response.

Maybe we can see some small changes to make the game even better and perhaps more strategic! Plus a plot to fix all the plotholes and loopholes we have gotten so far. Also a GS4 on Wii U...... :lick:

It is true that Xenoblade was also kept pretty hidden and we saw no indication of it except the composer list included it as well as all the leaks mentioning Shulk. Granted Isaac has not been shown in many leaks, I have seen only 2 rumours with him but why not? A character does not have to be in a leak to get a spot and Isaac's popularity as well as legacy is enough to warrant him a spot, not to mention the amazing potential he has to bring something new to the table that no other fighter has, EVEN after Robin and Shulk's reveals.

Here's to Isaac in Smash! Buck up everybody, not much time left. Unless Nintendo does a wacky move and not all characters are included on the 3DS cartridge from the get go....
Robin wasn't on any leaks. :D

Top Bottom