• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
If (I hate to say it) Isaac is an Assist trophy again. Will you guys support for DLC? I know I will.
At first I read your post without the "If" in the front and I started to freak out because I thought the AT was confirmed or something ;; But then I noticed the 'if.'
That's a very important word, omg.

Of course I would support him for DLC! Even though it's not the preferred scenario... It would be better than no playable representation at all.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not your fault, it's my fault for reading your comment too quickly. x'D
Yea I would have freaked out too. Thank goodness I read the comment slowly.

I am definitely support Isaac for DLC if he is not in the initial roster. There is no way I am going to sit quiet while Nintendo lets one of its most iconic JRPG heroes as well as the main character of the best game on Nintendo GBA not be included while we get clones and other troll characters that not too many people demanded.

I NEED Isaac to be playable in Smash 4! You can't ignore him Sakurai!

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
In today's pic of the day, Sakurai just announced that all characters will have 8 different alts, so Isaac could also have Felix and Matthew's clothes. The remaining 6 could just be colour swaps.

Also, just found this and if this happened to be a newcomer, I would be really happy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In today's pic of the day, Sakurai just announced that all characters will have 8 different alts, so Isaac could also have Felix and Matthew's clothes. The remaining 6 could just be colour swaps.

Also, just found this and if this happened to be a newcomer, I would be really happy.
If anything, Matthew could be a full alt of Isaac while Felix's outfit is a color swap.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't really care for alt costumes. I'd be more than happy with color variations themed around other party members.

A Felix-colored costume would be my go-to choice.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There were 8 Party members in the GBA games, we could have them all in a sense. :laugh:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There were 8 Party members in the GBA games, we could have them all in a sense. :laugh:
That would actually kind of work. Going by the alternate color schemes of the past, it would fit in. We even have several solid colored outfits which would work for the team colors.

But then no Alex or Saturos alt?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That would actually kind of work. Going by the alternate color schemes of the past, it would fit in. We even have several solid colored outfits which would work for the team colors.

But then no Alex or Saturos alt?
If Isaac has a multi djinn moveset that could easily work out. Obviously Saturos, Alex and Garet would need representation that way! Isaac if he has a mono elemental moveset, the first 4 costumes can easily be Isaac, Matthew, Adult Isaac, Felix and even Adult Felix , although we haven't seen him yet!

If multi djinn moveset just fit in your favourites who can wield long swords or light blades :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac has a multi djinn moveset that could easily work out. Obviously Saturos, Alex and Garet would need representation that way! Isaac if he has a mono elemental moveset, the first 4 costumes can easily be Isaac, Matthew, Adult Isaac, Felix and even Adult Felix , although we haven't seen him yet!

If multi djinn moveset just fit in your favourites who can wield long swords or light blades :p
I don't think Isaac would have both Adult and Child forms. At best, I can see a "mid" Isaac who is taller and an adult as the default look, but potentially without the beard and with his traditional scarf. This version of Isaac could have bearded Isaac and Matthew's costume as alts, but it still wouldn't be "young" Isaac.

And if Isaac isn't older looking by default, Isaac simply will not have an adult alt, because that would require making Isaac taller, and therefore he'd need to be in a separate slot. It just won't work that way.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
At first I read your post without the "If" in the front and I started to freak out because I thought the AT was confirmed or something ;; But then I noticed the 'if.'
That's a very important word, omg.
This was exactly me, whoa. Such brutal reaction :laugh::laugh:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't think Isaac would have both Adult and Child forms. At best, I can see a "mid" Isaac who is taller and an adult as the default look, but potentially without the beard and with his traditional scarf. This version of Isaac could have bearded Isaac and Matthew's costume as alts, but it still wouldn't be "young" Isaac.

And if Isaac isn't older looking by default, Isaac simply will not have an adult alt, because that would require making Isaac taller, and therefore he'd need to be in a separate slot. It just won't work that way.
Yea well that I thought of and it would screw up with things since Adult Isaac is pretty tall compared to his original iconic look. Felix was already taller than Isaac so don't know about him but he was 18 in GS2.

Well we could say the same for Saturos, Garet and Felix, they are taller than Isaac.

But who cares as long as we get playable Isaac right? :)

D

Deleted member

So it's like a sort of Super Game Boy ADVANCE console?
I REALLY want to have this... I'll probably be able to finally play Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3 without the annoying framerate loss every single GBA emulator has given me when playing them. (Not to mention, I can still use my original save files, which I worked my hat off to unlock everything).

And naturally... playing GS1 and GS2, Metroid Fusion (wish I had ZM as well), and other lovely GBA games I still own.

GBA is hands down my favorite handheld.
Really? I gotta check that out. I'm interested in home emulation devices, and considering how rare the GBA Player discs are (which was made fun of by Pat the NES Punk yesterday), I think I should check out this console. And, yes, the GBA is the best handheld. :D

Anyway, I'm still feeling very optimistic now about Isaac considering what has happened recently.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So today we have a music piece from Star Fox arranged by Golden Sun fame's very own Motoi Sakuraba!

I really hope to see one of his own creations on the site someday. Do you guys think this means anything? It could have been anyone. They could have uploaded a song arranged by any other composer instead, but it wasn't. :p

(Also, to those interested, a Kid Icarus piece made by one of my personal favorite composers, Yuzo Koshiro, from Streets of Rage / Shinobi fame just to name a few)

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sakuraba has worked on a ton of games, but not too many Nintendo ones. He's only done music for Camelot's games, and surprisingly enough, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

it says the image is broken

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
With 8 color swaps, I say Isaac could have:

-ISAAC / Alt.Costume (Either Matthew, or adult Isaac's clothing)
-Garet (red)
-Ivan (green)
-Mia (white-light blue)
-Felix (dark green / brown)
-Sheba (purple?)
-Piers (blue)
-Jenna (dark red / fushia)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay, now that I almost finished the first Golden Sun game, I'm here to suggest a moveset idea, based on my views on Isaac's potential I saw when playing the game, and taking account the fact that the buff-debuff gimmick is already used by Shulk. Honestly when I learned that Shulk would use this gimmick I immediately thought to my views on Isaac's potential with djinni, and I was somewhat saddened.

... as I said I ALMOST finished the first Golden Sun. I already struggled against Saturos and Menardi in the Venus Lighthouse, forcing me to use my most powerful summons and taking a ton of damage to win, THEN they fuse into an uber-powerful dragons, leaving me impotent with all of my party members being seriously injured and most of my djinn on rest due to being previously used for the most powerful summons? And really I don't want to grind, all of my party members are around level 27 if you want to know.

Nevertheless, now that I'm almost at the end of the game, I have no worry to spoil myself elements from the first game; well, asides from sidequests I probably missed. Now I'm able to show my own vision of Isaac's potential as a fighter.
Disclaimers: I only played the first Golden Sun game, and still I have not discovered everything from this game, though I can do researches in Golden Sun wiki mostly for The Lost Age and Dark Dawn djinn.

Isaac's physics

Dash speed: 7/10 (Ganondorf = 1/10, Sonic = 10/10)
Weight: 4/10 (Jigglypuff = 1/10, King Dedede = 10/10)
Falling speed: 6/10 (Jigglypuff = 1/10, Captain Falcon = 10/10)
Air speed: 3/10 (Luigi = 1/10, Yoshi = 10/10)

Normal moves

Jab: one punch, one knee, one sword slash, and one Gaia psynergy attack. The Gaia attack is obviously the most powerful attack from this jab, and has a decent horizontal knckback.
Forward tilt: a Thorn psynergy attack. A thorn quickly emerges from the ground just forward Isaac, then disapprears. Decent damage and diagonal knockback.
Up tilt: a Spire psynergy attack. The spire appears above just Isaac himself, and if there is an enemy in the area where the spire is supposed to appear, then it immediatly brokes and inflicts significant damage and knockback, otherwise the spire falls on the ground and becomes weaker.
Down tilt: a Quake psynergy attack. Inflicts low damage, but has a decent horizontal knockback. Enemies can only be hit if they are on the ground.

Dash attack: a Ragnarok psynergy attack. Isaac jumps, summons a giant sword, and sticks it in the ground, causing a localized explosion. This move has a massive knockback and damage power, but a LOT of ending lag and is easily punishable.

Neutral aerial: Isaac rotates on himself using his sword to slash enemies. Semi-decent vertical knockback.
Forward aerial: a vertical sword slash. Decent damage and horizontal knockback, but if the enemy is slightly under Isaax, then the knockback will become horizontal instead, and send the enemy towards the ground.
Up aerial: Isaac points his sword skyward. Inflict good damage, below-average vertical knockback, and has sex kick properties.
Back aerial: a Rockfall psynergy attack. Isaac looks back to summon a few rocks behind him, but they quickly disappear (no they don't reach the ground). It's a multi-strike move, and the last rock summoned obviously has a higher knockback, being mostly vertical.
Down aerial: Isaac rotates on himself using a sweeping kick. Low damage, but above average knockback, and Isaac's move with the most horizontal knockback.

Grab attacks

Grab: a Catch psynergy. Isaac summons a giant hand forward him, and can catch an enemy. This move has a very high grab range, similar to Toon Link; actually it's probably the non-tether grab with the higher range.
Pummel: the enemy in crushed in the giant hand summoned by the Catch psynergy. Each pummel inflicts high damage, but has also a high ending lag, meaning that you cannot pummel your enemy so many times before being forced to release it.
Forward throw: a Move psynergy. The animation is exactly the same as Isaac's Assist Trophy appearance in Brawl, but it's faster, the distance covered by the hand is lower as well, and now it actually inflicts damage and vertical knockback once the hand disappears.
Up throw: a Lift psynergy. A second hand appears and the enemy is lift, then when they disappear it gets damage as well as vertical knockback.
Back throw: the catching hand goes behind Isaac, disappears, and Isaac quickly kicks the enemy like how Link kicks Pit during the Palutena trailer. Higher damage but lower knockback than his forward and up throws.
Down throw: the catching hand crushes the enemy on the ground. This throw inflict powerful damage, but has a poor knockback.

Special moves

Isaac has an unique gimmick that allows him to gain summon points each time he uses a special move. However, if he uses a given special move, he cannot gain another summon point from this same move until he spend it on a Smash attack, because Isaac's Smash attacks are summon-based.

For some of those djinn I do researches on the Golden Sun wiki, looking for TLA and DD ones as well. I have trouble to imagine a moveset using only the djinn I found myself on the first game lol.

Default neutral special: Flint. It's a storable charging move, much like Donkey Kong's Giant Punch. Once he attacks, Isaac attacks with a powerful slash from his sword, with an emanating orange aura. Decent knockback, but this move is more notable for its very high damage power, inflicting 33 % when fully charged. This move also gives one Earth summon point.
Custom neutral special 1: Sleet. This move is similar to Marth's shield breaker in both damage and knockback, but it charges slower and is storable. This move also gives one Air summon point.
Custom neutral special 2: Scorch. Similar to Flint, it's a charging move, but with even more damage power and a low fixed knockback. If used when fully charged, it inflicts 40 % damage and buries enemies. This moves also gives one Fire summon point.

And for the rest of the special moves... okay I'll stop here for now. As I already said I have only played the first Golden Sun game and I don't have all the djinn. If someone with more GS experience than me could suggest some djinni-based special moves that would be cool!

Smash attacks

This is the most interesting part of Isaac's moveset. When he uses a Smash attack, he will spend summon points gained using special moves. Each of his special moves has a three different variations, each of them being based on different elements. Due to this, some summons cannot be done with a given special custom moveset. If different summons can be done with a given Smash attack and with the same summon points gained, then there is a priority list. If he can't summon anything using a Smash attack, he will intead use a sword-based attack, a rather weak Smash attack unless completely charged.

Note that I spoiled myself about some of TLA summons on the Golden Sun Wiki due to multi-element summons not existing in the original Golden Sun.

Forward Smash
High priority: Moloch. Requires two water and one air summon points. The Moloch beast appears behind Isaac, but it's actually a ghost with no hitbox. When using this Smash attack, Isaac sends an icy wind toward himself. It's a multi-strike move that freezes any enemy caught, and the final blows inflicts very strong horizontal knockback.
Medium prority: Venus. Requires one earth summon point. A multi-strike move. Isaac attacks forward with an animation similar to the Venus summon animation in Golden Sun. The finishing strike has a slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback is vertical.
Low priority: Mercury. Requires one water summon point. A multi-strike move. Isaac attacks forward with an animation similar to the Mercury summon animation in Golden Sun. The finishing strike has a slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback is horizontal.
No possible summon: Isaac attack with a vertical sword slash forward him. This Smash attack inflicts horizontal knockback, but is rather weak if used uncharged.

Up Smash
High priority: Flora. Requires two air and one earth summon points. Flora appears in the background, and a vortex of petals appears above Isaac. The vortex itself is a multi-strike move that tends to trap enemies and to send trapped enemies to the center of the vortex. It quickly disappears, and the more a trapped enemy was in the center of the vortex, the more horizontal knockback it takes.
Medium priority: Megaera. Requires one fire and one air summon points. Megaera appears in the background, and four swords appear from the ground to form a square, but those swords doesn't have any hitbox and what hurts ehe enemies is the explosion that quickly appears in the square formed by the swords. It's a one-strike move with heavy diagonal knockback.
Low priority: Jupiter. Requires one air summon point. A multi-strike move. Isaac attacks upward with an animation similar to the Jupiter summon animation in Golden Sun. The finishing move has a slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback is vertical.
No possible summon: Isaac rotates on himself and attacks pointing his sword skyward. This Smash attack inflicts vertical knockback, but is rather weak if used uncharged.

Down Smash
High priority: Cybele. Requires three earth summon points. Cybele appears on the background, then vine grow from the ground. This move inflicts massive vertical knockback if the enemies are in the ground when it is used.
Medium priority: Zagan. Requires one earth and one fire summon points. Zagan appears behind Isaac and sweeps the ground with a giant axe. Very strong horizontal knockback.
Low priority: Mars. Requires one fire summon point. A fireball appears above Isaac, can inflict low damage anyone who enters in contact with it, and quickly falls into the ground to inflict fire damage to anyone on the ground and close to Isaac. The impact inflicts slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback in diagonal.

Any feedback is welcome. If you have ideas for djinn-based special moves, let me know :)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Okay, now that I almost finished the first Golden Sun game, I'm here to suggest a moveset idea, based on my views on Isaac's potential I saw when playing the game, and taking account the fact that the buff-debuff gimmick is already used by Shulk. Honestly when I learned that Shulk would use this gimmick I immediately thought to my views on Isaac's potential with djinni, and I was somewhat saddened.

... as I said I ALMOST finished the first Golden Sun. I already struggled against Saturos and Menardi in the Venus Lighthouse, forcing me to use my most powerful summons and taking a ton of damage to win, THEN they fuse into an uber-powerful dragons, leaving me impotent with all of my party members being seriously injured and most of my djinn on rest due to being previously used for the most powerful summons? And really I don't want to grind, all of my party members are around level 27 if you want to know.

Nevertheless, now that I'm almost at the end of the game, I have no worry to spoil myself elements from the first game; well, asides from sidequests I probably missed. Now I'm able to show my own vision of Isaac's potential as a fighter.
Disclaimers: I only played the first Golden Sun game, and still I have not discovered everything from this game, though I can do researches in Golden Sun wiki mostly for The Lost Age and Dark Dawk djinn.

Isaac's physics

Normal moves

Jab: one punch, one knee, one sword slash, and one Gaia psynergy attack. The Gaia attack is obviously the most powerful attack from this jab, and has a decent horizontal knckback.
Forward tilt: a Thorn psynergy attack. A thorn quickly emerges from the ground just forward Isaac, then disapprears. Decent damage and diagonal knockback.
Up tilt: a Spire psynergy attack. The spire appears above just Isaac himself, and if there is an enemy in the area where the spire is supposed to appear, then it immediatly brokes and inflicts significant damage and knockback, otherwise the spire falls on the ground and becomes weaker.
Down tilt: a Quake psynergy attack. Inflicts low damage, but has a decent horizontal knockback. Enemies can only be hit if they are on the ground.

Dash attack: a Ragnarok psynergy attack. Isaac jumps, summons a giant sword, and sticks it in the ground, causing a localized explosion. This move has a massive knockback and damage power, but a LOT of ending lag and is easily punishable.

Neutral aerial: Isaac rotates on himself using his sword to slash enemies. Semi-decent vertical knockback.
Forward aerial: a vertical sword slash. Decent damage and horizontal knockback, but if the enemy is slightly under Isaax, then the knockback will become horizontal instead, and send the enemy towards the ground.
Up aerial: Isaac points his sword skyward. Inflict good damage, below-average vertical knockback, and has sex kick properties.
Back aerial: a Rockfall psynergy attack. Isaac looks back to summon a few rocks behind him, but they quickly disappear (no they don't reach the ground). It's a multi-strike move, and the last rock summoned obviously has a higher knockback, being mostly vertical.
Down aerial: Isaac rotates on himself using a sweeping kick. Low damage, but above average knockback, and Isaac's move with the most horizontal knockback.

Grab attacks

Grab: a Catch psynergy. Isaac summons a giant hand forward him, and can catch an enemy. This move has a very high grab range, similar to Toon Link; actually it's probably the non-tether grab with the higher range.
Pummel: the enemy in crushed in the giant hand summoned by the Catch psynergy. Each pummel inflicts high damage, but has also a high ending lag, meaning that you cannot pummel your enemy so many times before being forced to release it.
Forward throw: a Move psynergy. The animation is exactly the same as Isaac's Assist Trophy appearance in Brawl, but it's faster, the distance covered by the hand is lower as well, and now it actually inflicts damage and vertical knockback once the hand disappears.
Up throw: a Lift psynergy. A second hand appears and the enemy is lift, then when they disappear it gets damage as well as vertical knockback.
Back throw: the catching hand goes behind Isaac, disappears, and Isaac quickly kicks the enemy like how Link kicks Pit during the Palutena trailer. Higher damage but lower knockback than his forward and up throws.
Down throw: the catching hand crusheS the enemy on the ground. This throw inflict powerful damage, but has a poor knockback.

Special moves

Isaac has an unique gimmick that allows him to gain summon points each time he uses a special move. However, if he uses a given special move, he cannot gain another summon point from this same move until he spend it on a Smash attack, because Isaac's Smash attacks are summon-based.

For some of those djinn I do researches on the Golden Sun wiki, looking for TLA and DD ones as well. I have trouble to imagine a moveset using only the djinn I found myself on the first game lol.

Default neutral special: Flint. It's a storable charging move, much like Donkey Kong's Giant Punch. Once he attacks, Isaac attacks with a powerful slash from his sword, with an emanating orange aura. Decent knockback, but this move is more notable for its very high damage power, inflicting 33 % when fully charged. This move also gives one Earth summon point.
Custom neutral special 1: Sleet. This move is similar to Marth's shield breaker in both damage and knockback, but it charges slower and is storable. This move also gives one Air summon point.
Custom neutral special 2: Scorch. Similar to Flint, it's a charging move, but with even more damage power and a low fixed knockback. If used when fully charged, it inflicts 40 % damage and buries enemies. This moves also gives one Fire summon point.

And for the rest of the special moves... okay I'll stop here for now. As I already said I have only played the first Golden Sun game and I don't have all the djinn. If someone with more GS experience than me could suggest some djinni-based special moves that would be cool!

Smash attacks

This is the most interesting part of Isaac's moveset. When he uses a Smash attack, he will spend summon points gained using special moves. Each of his special moves has a three different variations, each of them being based on different elements. Due to this, some summons cannot be done with a given special custom moveset. If different summons can be done with a given Smash attack and with the same summon points gained, then there is a priority list. If he can't summon anything using a Smash attack, he will intead use a sword-based attack, a rather weak Smash attack unless completely charged.

Note that I spoiled myself about some of TLA summons on the Golden Sun Wiki due to multi-element summons not existing in the original Golden Sun.

Forward Smash
High priority: Moloch. Requires two water and one air summon points. The Moloch beast appears behind Isaac, but it's actually a ghost with no hitbox. When using this Smash attack, Isaac sends an icy wind toward himself. It's a multi-strike move that freezes any enemy caught, and the final blows inflicts very strong horizontal knockback.
Medium prority: Venus. Requires one earth summon point. A multi-strike move. Isaac attacks forward with an animation similar to the Venus summon animation in Golden Sun. The finishing strike has a slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback is vertical.
Low priority: Mercury. Requires one water summon point. A multi-strike move. Isaac attacks forward with an animation similar to the Mercury summon animation in Golden Sun. The finishing strike has a slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback is horizontal.
No possible summon: Isaac attack with a vertical sword slash forward him. This Smash attack inflicts horizontal knockback, but is rather weak if used uncharged.

Up Smash
High priority: Flora. Requires two air and one earth summon points. Flora appears in the background, and a vortex of petals appears above Isaac. The vortex itself is a multi-strike move that tends to trap enemies and to send trapped enemies to the center of the vortex. It quickly disappears, and the more a trapped enemy was in the center of the vortex, the more horizontal knockback it takes.
Medium priority: Megaera. Requires one fire and one air summon points. Megaera appears in the background, and four swords appear from the ground to form a square, but those swords doesn't have any hitbox and what hurts ehe enemies is the explosion that quickly appears in the square formed by the swords. It's a one-strike move with heavy diagonal knockback.
Low priority: Jupiter. Requires one air summon point. A multi-strike move. Isaac attacks upward with an animation similar to the Jupiter summon animation in Golden Sun. The finishing move has a slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback is vertical.
No possible summon: Isaac rotates on himself and attacks pointing his sword skyward. This Smash attack inflicts vertical knockback, but is rather weak if used uncharged.

Down Smash
High priority: Cybele. Requires three earth summon points. Cybele appears on the background, then vine grow from the ground. This move inflicts massive vertical knockback if the enemies are in the ground when it is used.
Medium priority: Zagan. Requires one earth and one fire summon points. Zagan appears behind Isaac and sweeps the ground with a giant axe. Very strong horizontal knockback.
Low priority: Mars. Requires one fire summon point. A fireball appears above Isaac, can inflict low damage anyone who enters in contact with it, and quickly falls into the ground to inflict fire damage to anyone on the ground and close to Isaac. The impact inflicts slightly above average knockback for a Smash attack, and this knockback in diagonal.

Any feedback is welcome. If you have ideas for djinn-based special moves, let me know :)
Interesting idea, but way too much micromanaging for a game like Smash I think.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So it's like a sort of Super Game Boy ADVANCE console?
I REALLY want to have this... I'll probably be able to finally play Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3 without the annoying framerate loss every single GBA emulator has given me when playing them. (Not to mention, I can still use my original save files, which I worked my hat off to unlock everything).

And naturally... playing GS1 and GS2, Metroid Fusion (wish I had ZM as well), and other lovely GBA games I still own.

GBA is hands down my favorite handheld.
LOL. Well, it plays NES, SNES, Famicom, Super Famicom, Genesis and GBA games. I've only tested NES and SNES games on it and it works great, HD connectivity with your own cartridges is pretty cool.

I'll let you guys know how Golden Sun works there when I take it for a spin. :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Disclaimers: I only played the first Golden Sun game, and still I have not discovered everything from this game, though I can do researches in Golden Sun wiki mostly for The Lost Age and Dark Dawk djinn.

Isaac's physics

Normal moves

Grab attacks

Down throw: the catching hand crusheS the enemy on the ground. This throw inflict powerful damage, but has a poor knockback.

Special moves

Smash attacks

Forward Smash

Up Smash

Down Smash

That is actually a very interesting moveset you have made. I couldn't have even thought of half of it as I am just good at deciding moves just not where to assign them i.e. as grab, smash or special.

Allthough I will have to agree with @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D on this one that there is too much for it to be added in Smash. This is Smash Bros. and not Super Golden Sun Bros. (although that would be really cool plus someone wanted it on this thread specifically). Considering they had a ball adding Shulk and his Monado arts I doubt that such a system with summons could be added. It is a bit much but very interesting nonetheless. You clearly put a lot of thought in it and it shows. But if something like this makes it in and I am all game, plus it would Isaac clearly strategic like what Shulk looks to be with his various arts.

I am interested to see what Sakurai would come up with to make Isaac's character interesting.

I suggest changing your strategy a bit for beating Saturos and Menardi. Make sure your armour and weapons are decent and try using water against the two Proxian adepts. And try tri elemental classes or dual elemental classes if you are using mono elemental classes. Although that would make a rush summon strategy a bit tough, the stat boosts as well as distributed psynergy pool makes up for it. Plus you can use Djinn on the fly to do summons. Having Djinn of multiple elements on different adepts will help you do on the fly summons faster, just beware of undesired class changes.

I used Isaac as Ninja, Garet as Ninja and Ivan as Sage (dual elemental) and Mia as Shaman on my latest runthrough. Not the best setup but not bad either considering 28 Djinn are hard to distribute in tri elemental while keeping Isaac as Ninja. Maxes Isaac and Garet's attack + speed, gives Ivan access to water psynergy plus he can use that huge pp pool of his for consistent healing, Mia is backup healer as well as water spell caster.

Technically the game is beatable at lvl 24, although I don't know how one would reach at that level. Last time I reached there at lvl 33 but I have a bad habit of NEVER running away from a single battle so I am not the ideal case. The duo are certainly beatable at your level!

Best of luck!

And again, great moveset, thanks for sharing it with us. Plus good luck finally beating the game. Be sure to data transfer into Lost Age and collect all 28 Djinn!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Isaac's physics

Normal moves

Grab attacks

Down throw: the catching hand crushes the enemy on the ground. This throw inflict powerful damage, but has a poor knockback.

Special moves

Smash attacks

Forward Smash

Up Smash

Down Smash

The easiest way to go through: Flash. Flash is your friend.

Have one person unleash Flash during one turn. Next turn, have someone else unleash Granite while the person with Flash sets it back, and those two characters just alternate those Djinn. Have a third person who can unleash Spritz every four turns or so when you need to heal. The fourth person can just attack.

Congratulations, you have broken every fight in the first game. This is why the endgame bosses in Lost Age get moves that drain your Djinn.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
LOL. Well, it plays NES, SNES, Famicom, Super Famicom, Genesis and GBA games. I've only tested NES and SNES games on it and it works great, HD connectivity with your own cartridges is pretty cool.

I'll let you guys know how Golden Sun works there when I take it for a spin. :p
It also plays Gameboy and Gameboy Color games, due to backwards compatibility.

I'm a bit upset that it looks like we won't get a GS stage unless Isaac is in and it unlocks with him. It looks like we might have room for one more stage, so that might be it.....

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Have one person unleash Flash during one turn. Next turn, have someone else unleash Granite while the person with Flash sets it back, and those two characters just alternate those Djinn. Have a third person who can unleash Spritz every four turns or so when you need to heal. The fourth person can just attack.

Congratulations, you have broken every fight in the first game. This is why the endgame bosses in Lost Age get moves that drain your Djinn.
And I deliberately did not mention that since it breaks the game really badly. Plus who wants super boring boss fights anyway? I prefer 'em to be dynamic, as much as a turn based classical JRPG can permit obviously.

Although that is the last strategy one could use when they are totally flummoxed or just want something 100% effective but boring....

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I've been thinking of a move set for him.

All his specials are utility psynergy.

Standard: Move- Isaac summons a big white hand that pushes opponents away.
Side: Catch- Isaac summons same hand that swipes in front of him and locks opponents in the spot(they can't move but can still attack), very close range and locks them even in air.
Up: Scoop- Isaac summons same hand and it throws Isaac airbourne doing damage to whomever he hits. He holds his blade above his head like Link's up aerial
Down: Pound- Isaac summons a white fist that slams down in front of him if it hits an opponent they go in the ground and can't move or attack. Does 5-6% damage. Also is a meteor smash in the air.

His standards would be a mix of sword attacks and psynergy like his down smash would be quake and his forward smash would be punji, etc.

EDIT IS BOLD

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So I've been thinking of a move set for him.

All his specials are utility psynergy.

Standard: Move- Isaac summons a big white hand that pushes opponents away.
Side: Catch- Isaac summons same hand that swipes in front of him and locks opponents in the spot(they can't move but can still attack)
Up: Scoop- Isaac summons same hand and it throws Isaac airbourne doing damage to whomever he hits.
Down: Pound- Isaac summons a white fist that slams down in front of him if it hits an opponent they go in the ground and can't move or attack.

His standards would be a mix of sword attacks and psynergy like his down smash would be quake and his forward smash would be punji, etc.
Cool "MOVE" set :p

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

Ahahah, it's funny to see that most games give to the player a way to break them, and Golden Sun seems to not be an exception. Maybe it will be the last djinni I'll try to get when I'll do sidequests.

And yeah I admit that my moveset is kinda a dream, but I really wanted to include all concepts used in the Golden Sun battles for Isaac's moveset. Also Famitsu shown some of Pikachu's custom variations of Thunder, and they turned out to just be literal variations of Thunder instead of moves that actually exist in Pokémon games, like Discharge or Volt Switch. It looks like Palutena is going to be the only exceptions to this rule, having custom moves actually inspired from powers in Kid Icarus Uprising.

So if having awesome summons like Flora or Cybele as Smash attacks is a pipe dream, I still think that there is a way to implement summons in Isaac's moveset in some way. Instead of this complex and overly gimmicky summon system, the last special move you used, still djinni-based, will have an influence on the next Smash attack you will use, and will just be based on the very elemental summons (Venus, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter). Each of those summons can be used regardless of the direction, and will just modify the properties of the Smash attack.

Venus: higher knockback, lower hitstun.
Mercury: higher hitstun, lower damage.
Jupiter: higher hitbox, lower knockback.
Mars: higher damage, lower knockback; inflicts fire-based damage.

If Isaac didn't use any B-move during the entire match, or if he didn't use a B-move after using a Smash attack, then the will instead use a sword slash like I described in my previous post, without the "rahter weak unless charged". Also, if his non-summon Smash attacks are fully charged, then they'll use a cool animation, like an unleash-based one, and that could add this last Golden Sun battle mechanic not in my previous moveset. Well, asides from limited psynergy use, but we don't need this, especially if we have Robin, we really don't need one more RPG Smash characters with the limited attack usage concept, given that it exists in most RPGs anyway.

Those changes I described for the summon system would make him far less gimmicky or RPG-esque for Smash standards, isn't it? :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still holding out for the possibility of Isaac not being playable, but I'm fairly confident that he has a great shot at actually being playable.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
At this point I feel like if there really are 5 more characters then aside from Mewtwo the other four spots are completely up in the air.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point I feel like if there really are 5 more characters then aside from Mewtwo the other four spots are completely up in the air.
Ironically, I actually believe its more likely we'd get 6 than 5, with Wolf and Mewtwo taking up two of those slots. The roster only expands the first row between the starting roster and the leaked image, the third-party row is never touched. I think it'd likely remain, and a new column will be added rather than filling in the final row.

I think the most likely characters to fill speculative four slots (Wolf and Mewtwo taking up two) are Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac, and Dixie Kong, personally.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Only 7 days left (not counting weekends) until we learn about Isaac's fate. May he grace the battlefield as playable.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I really do think Isaac is in. I mean, why would Sakurai not have deconfirmed him in the Smash direct along with the majority of assist trophies from Brawl? (He did with Saki :crying:). Golden Sun is one of the only Nintendo IP's that hasn't been represented yet and I'm sure Sakurai wants to represent as much of Nintendo's properties as he possibly can.

Top Bottom