• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Isaac and this thread have my support. Me and my friends all want him in so we all voted for him on the ballet.

Calane

Smash Ace
Um, I mentioned having Matthew WITHOUT mentioning Isaac would be trolling. You should have seen the whole context.

Matthew with Isaac as alt is not something I am against. I guess you haven't been around when I mentioned that I was completely hooked onto Dark Dawn. :rolleyes:

I LOVED Dark Dawn, did my comment make it seem like I hated it :confused:? Dark Dawn would have been the best Golden Sun game IF it hadn't made some mistakes in crucial gameplay bits, plus had actually solved some mysteries from past games.

I will say it again: Dark Dawn was awesome :roll:. Just not as great as the first 2. As for representation in Smash Isaac has superiority. A Matthew/Felix alt or vice versa cases are perfectly fine. My "troll" scenario has almost zero chance of happening as Isaac gets all the votes not Matt.
*Sigh* ...I see. You know, perhaps I'm overreacting a bit. Sorry for snapping out on you like that. I'm not feeling too good today, I guess. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
*Sigh* ...I see. You know, perhaps I'm overreacting a bit. Sorry for snapping out on you like that. I'm not feeling too good today, I guess. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Glad to see you understand. It is just good to keep DD's drawbacks in mind.

To be honest, it does irk me to see that so many people haven't tried Dark Dawn as well. It is a really good game, and it tried to be open towards newcomers to the series. Sadly it didn't manage to grab too much of the audience from either the old fans or people new to the series.

I have a friend (ironically he introduced me to GS) who didn't even know DD existed till I told him >.<

On another note, which sword do you guys think would Artsy Omni use for Isaac's Smashified?

Well he could just buy the GBA game so he doesn't have to wait.
Yea for a few hundred dollars :p And a GBA/original DS if he doesn't have a GBA.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Glad to see you understand.

To be honest, it does irk me to see that so many people haven't tried Dark Dawn as well. It is a really good game, and it tried to be open towards newcomers to the series. Sadly it didn't manage to grab too much of the audience from either the old fans or people new to the series. It is just good to keep its drawbacks in mind.

I have a friend (ironically he introduced me to GS) who didn't even know DD existed till I told him >.<

On another note, which sword do you guys think would Artsy Omni use for Isaac's Smashified?

Yea for a few hundred dollars :p And a GBA/original DS if he doesn't have a GBA.
I saw a GS in a retro video game store for like $20

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Glad to see you understand.

To be honest, it does irk me to see that so many people haven't tried Dark Dawn as well. It is a really good game, and it tried to be open towards newcomers to the series. Sadly it didn't manage to grab too much of the audience from either the old fans or people new to the series. It is just good to keep its drawbacks in mind.

If he goes by the official artwork and Smash AT then no sword in particular, I guess!? :ohwell:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Indeed. But then he goes on to say how having Matthew would be a "troll" because his game sold the least. That's stupid. That's all I'm saying. Also, I see stuff like that everywhere I go. I can't even listen to music from the game without reading whiny comments about how much people hate DD. It's not even that bad, I don't understand the hate. Anyway, I'm the weird one here, obviously, and I don't want to start anything. I just got a little irritated by the comment.

@JaidynReiman
I already know, I believe you've said that to me before at one point. Isaac is the most iconic and deserves his spot. I'm well aware, and I don't doubt that logic. As for how people treat DD, yes, people are jerks about it. Maybe you haven't seen it much, but I'm always reading whiny complaint after whiny complaint about the game. Not all on this site, but other places as well. I'm a little sick of it, so I get irritated whenever DD is brought up and made fun of because "It's not as good as the one I played when I was a kid".
Ok, I will give you that; yes, a lot of people overhate on Dark Dawn. Not in this thread unless they're trolling us, though, we're constantly trying to defend Dark Dawn honestly. I've seen a few people who stated they didn't like it, though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Dark Dawn just had the unfortunate task of having to follow on from the originals after seven years of waiting, which meant people might have felt let down when it didn't fully live up to their expectations. It's still a very good game in its own right, though.

I would say either the Great Sword (his default sword in DD, and TLA if you didn't do a data transfer), or the Gaia or Sol Blade.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Dark Dawn just had the unfortunate task of having to follow on from the originals after seven years of waiting, which meant people might have felt let down when it didn't fully live up to their expectations. It's still a very good game in its own right, though.

I would say either the Great Sword (his default sword in DD, and TLA if you didn't do a data transfer), or the Gaia or Sol Blade.
This.
People were expecting too much from the game after waiting for 7 / 8 years for it!
The thing is, the game is supposed to introduce us to the world again after the 30 year gap, not top the story of the previous game (that wasn't a sequel, but a 2nd part...). They probably will expand more on the story and mysteries on the next game!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I saw a GS in a retro video game store for like $20
Oh well. A new copy does go near a hundred though. Although tracking down that old copy would be a bigger task :p

Or it might as well have his sword sheathed considering we are pushing his uniqueness as an adept. Then it would be his classy red scabbard/sheathe.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Just like @ LasermasterA LasermasterA , I personally hope that when Isaac is Smashified, they won't put a sword in his hands. His sword should stay in its sheath to avoid fueling the stupid "another swordsman" argument. It's just tiring to explain why it's wrong every time.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Yknow, we're probably getting Matthew too. As a separate character. Like Dark Pit and Dr Mario. Because Sakurai logic :p

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Oh well. A new copy does go near a hundred though. Although tracking down that old copy would be a bigger task :p

Or it might as well have his sword sheathed considering we are pushing his uniqueness as an adept. Then it would be his classy red scabbard/sheathe.
Yeah, they don't have it anymore which sucks. They had Xenoblade Chronicles and Earthbound there too but they were bought in like 2 days. I want Isaac to use his sword as a jab combo and maybe a smash attack and that's it. The rest is his powers as a Venus Adept.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yknow, we're probably getting Matthew too. As a separate character. Like Dark Pit and Dr Mario. Because Sakurai logic :p
I love that logic (for Golden Sun)! Although I would prefer Felix being the clone character and Matt being the alt character like Olimar/Alph or Bowser Jr./Koopalings.

Does that logic include 2 ATs (Garet can do Move) and a new stage :p?

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I love that logic (for Golden Sun)! Although I would prefer Felix being the clone character and Matt being the alt character like Olimar/Alph or Bowser Jr./Koopalings.

Does that logic include 2 ATs (Garet can do Move) and a new stage :p
Of course there's a new stage. Every series that's represented in SSB4 has at least one stage. I think.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Of course there's a new stage. Every series that's represented in SSB4 has at least one stage. I think.
ROB doesn't actually. But most likely GS would get a stage if any GS character was added. I mean, we basically know stage DLC is going to happen.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

Does that logic include 2 ATs (Garet can do Move) and a new stage :p?
Agree, Isaac and Matthew stastically similar, so they could work well for an alt, while Felix would be a great Isaac/Matthew clone, being slightly slower, but stronger.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Please add one more stage to the logic then :p

I could always use both Venus Lighthouse and Elemental Stars chamber in Sol Sanctum!

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417

I could always use both Venus Lighthouse and Elemental Stars chamber in Sol Sanctum!
I fully agree with this! One of the most important places and one of the most visually stunning, would be amazing!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

It'd be neat if we could get two stages, but I doubt it. Frankly, I think the most likely bet is Venus Lighthouse as a massive stage that showcases the top few floors of the tower, including the roof. (Obviously they couldn't show the front wall of the tower). These floors wouldn't look identical to the actual Venus Lighthouse but contain all of its themes; sand waterfalls and everything.

The 3DS version would be -just- the roof. That's my personal bet if we were to get a stage.

I'd absolutely love Venus Lighthouse as the Wii U stage and Elemental Stars Chamber as the 3DS stage, but I doubt it'd happen. (At the very least Elemental Stars Chamber's music, though.)

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Welcome aboard, although if you're from North America... you're going to hate the wait that is going on for the sequel Lost Age. It's already been out for Japan and Europe back in 2014.
Eh, I might just play it on my GBA instead of the eShop. :p

Indeed. But then he goes on to say how having Matthew would be a "troll" because his game sold the least. That's stupid. That's all I'm saying.
I'd like to mention the title of the thread is "Isaac for DLC", so you shouldn't be surprised most people here are going to prefer Isaac over Matthew.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not that we have a problem with Yooka-Laylee, it is just that character selection is becoming weirder. I thought he said he would do it popularity wise and Isaac is pretty high up there... He did Travis a character from a fan game before Isaac.

Isaac is getting shafted again, atleast temporarily. >.<

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
It'd be neat if we could get two stages, but I doubt it. Frankly, I think the most likely bet is Venus Lighthouse as a massive stage that showcases the top few floors of the tower, including the roof. (Obviously they couldn't show the front wall of the tower). These floors wouldn't look identical to the actual Venus Lighthouse but contain all of its themes; sand waterfalls and everything.

The 3DS version would be -just- the roof. That's my personal bet if we were to get a stage.

I'd absolutely love Venus Lighthouse as the Wii U stage and Elemental Stars Chamber as the 3DS stage, but I doubt it'd happen. (At the very least Elemental Stars Chamber's music, though.)
I think if they are going with the Venus Lighthouse, Sakurai probably would want to include Saturos an Menardi as boss stage hazards, their transformation into Fusion Dragon and finally the lighthouse splitting apart when you defeat them, then coming back together, to increase the stage dynamic. It's not like the other floors are that important outside of the entrance to the lighthouse, right!? :ohwell:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Or Yooka and Laylee.

Either way, with their character selection the way it is, I'm starting to lose all interest in Smashified.
I'm pretty sure Omni made a remark that they had no intention of doing Yooka-Laylee because they already have a high-quality modern render. This was on the K. Rool one. Plus, they did note they planned to have two Smashified's release by June 1st (sooner if they hit 3500 followers).

I thought that also included Inklings, but perhaps they will do Inkling as well. Or for all we know, it'll end up being Isaac and Matthew (as an alt).

EDIT:
Smashified @smashified · May 19
Two more characters will be #Smashified by June 1st. If we can get up to 3,500 followers on Twitter we will release the two even earlier!!

Its exactly the same as what they mentioned before. I think all this means is they'll release two Smashified's at the same time instead of one.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
As long as Isaac is one of the Smashified characters, I don't care for the other (unless it's Zero or Lloyd Irving, but that's not gonna happen).

Calane

Smash Ace
Eh, I might just play it on my GBA instead of the eShop. :p

I'd like to mention the title of the thread is "Isaac for DLC", so you shouldn't be surprised most people here are going to prefer Isaac over Matthew.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I'm not an idiot, I know what thread I'm in. And it's not like I don't support Isaac as well, he's the one I'm expecting and pushing for.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
EDIT:
Smashified @smashified · May 19
Two more characters will be #Smashified by June 1st. If we can get up to 3,500 followers on Twitter we will release the two even earlier!!

Its exactly the same as what they mentioned before. I think all this means is they'll release two Smashified's at the same time instead of one.
I'm guessing they are going to be Isaac and Shantae, since they are the most requested at the moment.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm guessing they are going to be Isaac and Shantae, since they are the most requested at the moment.
I would say Shantae, but in the same folder Isaac's folder was leaked we also saw Power Suit Samus (this was in the Travis video). Its really odd to me.

I've been trying to spread the love a bit for Lip as well. In my tweets I keep saying "Isaac next, but it'd be nice to see Lip as well." (I did the same for K. Rool and Isaac before).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I voted for Isaac.

Haven't tried Golden Sun yet (3DS gamer), but as someone who actually does research on characters both his moveset potential and sales records hold up IMO.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I would say Shantae, but in the same folder Isaac's folder was leaked we also saw Power Suit Samus (this was in the Travis video). Its really odd to me.

I've been trying to spread the love a bit for Lip as well. In my tweets I keep saying "Isaac next, but it'd be nice to see Lip as well." (I did the same for K. Rool and Isaac before).
Power Suit Samus is such an unusual choice to me. I see very little difference between the Varia Suit and the Power Suit. If they want to Smashify a Metroid character that isn't Ridley, it should be Dark Samus.
Also, didn't they say that they had only leaked one character?
Here's a new update, by the way:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have no idea what now makes you think it won't be Isaac, they literally didn't say anything new.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Phew... almost finished with my E3 predictions article!
Threw a jab at a new Golden Sun game in there just to "remember" Nintendo about it! :awesome:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One of them I think is obviously Isaac. Who the other one is, not sure.

Power Suit Samus is such an unusual choice to me. I see very little difference between the Varia Suit and the Power Suit. If they want to Smashify a Metroid character that isn't Ridley, it should be Dark Samus.
Also, didn't they say that they had only leaked one character?
Here's a new update, by the way:
I know its an unusual choice, its really weird. Maybe Power Suit Samus is just a bonus thing they're not counting?

I have no idea what now makes you think it won't be Isaac, they literally didn't say anything new.
Some people thought it meant that it was a two-in-one Smashified. Ala Banjo and Kazooie as one picture.

Top Bottom