• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I don't believe that Roy will be revealed at the FE concert, could be a possibility, but I don't believe, unless Sakurai goes to Miiverse and posts about him revealing a character for Smash Bros. at the day of the FE concert.
However, he will reveal Wolf and not Roy, just to surprise us.
I personally think he will, it's kind of weird that they announced that Sakurai would be attending it and Sakurai generally surprises his fans.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I personally think he will, it's kind of weird that they announced that Sakurai would be attending it and Sakurai generally surprises his fans.
Wasn't he at some Xenoblade thing last year? And Shulk wasn't revealed at that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wasn't he at some Xenoblade thing last year? And Shulk wasn't revealed at that.
No. Sakurai, MONTHS before Shulk was revealed tweeted a photo of a replica Monado I that the guys at Monolith Soft had made and complimented their handiwork at bringing their creation to life.

Shulk was revealed during a Japan-only Nintendo Direct that went over the unveiling of the New 3DS, with Xenoblade 3DS being the main headline title for it.

ferioku

Smash Ace
No. Sakurai, MONTHS before Shulk was revealed tweeted a photo of a replica Monado I that the guys at Monolith Soft had made and complimented their handiwork at bringing their creation to life.

Shulk was revealed during a Japan-only Nintendo Direct that went over the unveiling of the New 3DS, with Xenoblade 3DS being the main headline title for it.
Thought as much =O

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah but it's mostly your guys' fault if posting a picture of an invitation is enough to fill you with it. >_>

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Guys, Speed is obviously trying to tell us that smash letter is going to join the brawl, and wanted to notify two of the largest fanbases first. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well that's good, because it's pretty much at the same levels of credibility as everyone's uncle who works at Nintendo.
I've already dwelt on it too much...

So how about that Isaac? Sure hope he gets Smashified soon, some new 3D (looking) art of him would be lovely. :D

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's for you guys to figure out.
No. No it isn't. It's called SPAM. If you have something you want to say, SAY IT. Use words. Communicate. If you're just going to make single image posts which are entirely unrelated to the character and discussion at hand, you're spamming, and you will be reported as such. Come back here when you're ready to discuss Isaac, please, and stop drawing this thread off topic with completely nonsensical posts.

I'm wondering a bit about the release schedule, myself. The next fighter they announce should be around E3, but I honestly don't expect it to be one of the ballot choices. A couple months after that is my expectation, and that would mean that I think the ballot characters will start being announced right as the ballot is closing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No. No it isn't. It's called SPAM. If you have something you want to say, SAY IT. Use words. Communicate. If you're just going to make single image posts which are entirely unrelated to the character and discussion at hand, you're spamming, and you will be reported as such. Come back here when you're ready to discuss Isaac, please, and stop drawing this thread off topic with completely nonsensical posts.

I'm wondering a bit about the release schedule, myself. The next fighter they announce should be around E3, but I honestly don't expect it to be one of the ballot choices. A couple months after that is my expectation, and that would mean that I think the ballot characters will start being announced right as the ballot is closing.
:4mewtwo:: April
:4lucas:: June
Ryu: August
Roy: October
Wolf: December

3-5 Ballot Characters across 2016.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually no, it isn't.
I just realized that your title is Super Moderator.

Does this mean that we have some Moderator 64's? Moderator Advances? Moderator DS? Moderator Wii? Moderator 3D? Moderator U?

...I'll be quiet now.

Just humorous to have a title above mod like that and it went with Nintendo's history of silly busy words to associate a game with a console.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's pretty possible Nintendo already has more DLC character planned that weren't in the data like Wolf. imo it's unlikely he'd be the only exclusion.

Ofc I'm just guessing, but it's not something that seems less than plausible.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
:4mewtwo:: April
:4lucas:: June
Ryu: August
Roy: October
Wolf: December

3-5 Ballot Characters across 2016.
That's a possibility, but I'd actually expect more than one character at E3. And, regardless of the release date, we'll probably get the announcement date earlier (just as Mewtwo and Lucas were both announced ahead of their release). I think the ballot choices (and Isaac) will be announced at the end of the ballot voting time. There will probably be a Direct coinciding with it. Opening with Isaac, finishing with K. Rool, hopefully.

Also, @ IsmaR IsmaR I love the Inkling Samus avatar!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's a possibility, but I'd actually expect more than one character at E3. And, regardless of the release date, we'll probably get the announcement date earlier (just as Mewtwo and Lucas were both announced ahead of their release). I think the ballot choices (and Isaac) will be announced at the end of the ballot voting time. There will probably be a Direct coinciding with it. Opening with Isaac, finishing with K. Rool, hopefully.

Also, @ IsmaR IsmaR I love the Inkling Samus avatar!
I'd expect Ryu and Wolf announced at E3, Roy at the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary event only a few weeks after.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I personally expect Roy, Wolf, and Ryu to all be released at E3. It would be stupid to put off Roy's reveal at a Japan exclusive event when Roy can get a lot more exposure at E3 where FE games are going to be shown off.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I get it, people compare Roy to Shulk when saying Roy will be revealed at the FE concert. The difference here is that casual fans would know about Shulk regardless of them seeing him revealed or not because he's already in the game's initial roster. With Roy, he can potentially go unnoticed by these people if he doesn't get revealed at a high profile event like E3 and instead something like a Japan only concert. Besides, people are already expecting Roy to be revealed at the July concert. Roy being revealed at E3 instead would be a surprise to many people and it would save Roy fans like me the trouble of waiting another month and a half for his reveal (believe me man, it's a pain in the rear end just waiting for E3 to happen:upsidedown:).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah I get it, people compare Roy to Shulk when saying Roy will be revealed at the FE concert. The difference here is that casual fans would know about Shulk regardless of them seeing him revealed or not because he's already in the game's initial roster. With Roy, he can potentially go unnoticed by these people if he doesn't get revealed at a high profile event like E3 and instead something like a Japan only concert. Besides, people are already expecting Roy to be revealed at the July concert. Roy being revealed at E3 instead would be a surprise to many people and it would save Roy fans like me the trouble of waiting another month and a half for his reveal (believe me man, it's a pain in the rear end just waiting for E3 to happen:upsidedown:).
Its more like the exact opposite. More people know and love Roy due to his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee, a far, far more high profile game than Xenoblade Chronicles X. (Plus he was already DLC in Awakening.)

Sorry, but that's an absolutely terrible comparison.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Casuals know NOTHING about Xenoblade
They don't have to though. Once they buy Smash 4 for either 3DS or Wii U, they'll know about Shulk almost right away.

Its more like the exact opposite. More people know and love Roy due to his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee, a far, far more high profile game than Xenoblade Chronicles X. (Plus he was already DLC in Awakening.)

Sorry, but that's an absolutely terrible comparison.
People only know about Roy for his appearance in Melee because his game was never released in the West. Of course that would be the basis of his return.

My point was that a lot of fans would be unaware of him being revealed at a Japan exclusive event instead of something like E3.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The Xenoblade thing Sakurai went to was way before Smash had revealed Shulk, Roy is more wellknown than Shulk by casuals despite Roy's game never being outside Japan outside of hacks
I think your not exactly getting what i'm saying. I'm saying that casual fans who don't exactly follow news on the internet can go unaware of Roy's appearance in Smash 4 if he's not revealed at a high profile event like E3 and instead revealed at a Japan only concert instead. Not saying that will be the case with everyone but theirs still a good chance of that happening.

Anyways I don't want to derail this thread anymore seeing as this isn't a Roy thread. Lets just drop this here please.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah I get it, people compare Roy to Shulk when saying Roy will be revealed at the FE concert. The difference here is that casual fans would know about Shulk regardless of them seeing him revealed or not because he's already in the game's initial roster. With Roy, he can potentially go unnoticed by these people if he doesn't get revealed at a high profile event like E3 and instead something like a Japan only concert.
A Fire Emblem anniversary concert will likely be watched by Fire Emblem fans, regardless of their location, and those are the people most likely to buy the DLC. Word of mouth would travel INCREDIBLY quickly among both the Smash fans and the Fire Emblem fans, because this event is already being watched because of Sakurai's presence.

Besides, where he's revealed is completely unimportant to the "hype" factor. Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors at a press event. And nobody knew about Pac-Man until the game actually released, right? Where Roy is revealed is completely irrelevant. It won't be the only place he's shown, or the only place he's promoted.

Besides, people are already expecting Roy to be revealed at the July concert. Roy being revealed at E3 instead would be a surprise to many people and it would save Roy fans like me the trouble of waiting another month and a half for his reveal (believe me man, it's a pain in the rear end just waiting for E3 to happen:upsidedown:).
This is utterly irrelevant. Nintendo doesn't care about how long Roy fans have to wait. The Isaac fans have been waiting since before Brawl.

I think your not exactly getting what i'm saying. I'm saying that casual fans who don't exactly follow news on the internet can go unaware of Roy's appearance in Smash 4 if he's not revealed at a high profile event like E3 and instead revealed at a Japan only concert instead. Not saying that will be the case with everyone but theirs still a good chance of that happening.
Anyways I don't want to derail this thread anymore seeing as this isn't a Roy thread. Lets just drop this here please.
Casual fans don't buy as much DLC as hardcore fans, and word of mouth, Nintendo Directs, and promotions will get the word out anyway.

Now, please, drop the Roy talk, he has his own thread for that.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Roy is most popular among Japanese FE fans (less so among westerners) and Smash fans, so it makes sense for him to be revealed at an event that caters to those most likely to buy him as DLC. Besides, if he is revealed at this event, word will spread across the internet pretty quickly anyway.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Any and all DLC characters, as the newcomers before them, will have their trailers put up on Nintendo's official youtube channel shortly after their release. Along this, there would be official posts for them on Twitter, Facebook, and various other social media.

And the fact that they will be updated on the "DLC Information" menu on the main Smash Site like Lucas and the Inkling Outfits are now.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Any and all DLC characters, as the newcomers before them, will have their trailers put up on Nintendo's official youtube channel shortly after their release. Along this, there would be official posts for them on Twitter, Facebook, and various other social media.

And the fact that they will be updated on the "DLC Information" menu on the main Smash Site like Lucas and the Inkling Outfits are now.
And anyone who DOESN'T keep up with any of those sources (aka, the casual fans that are being mentioned over and over) are probably not going to buy the DLC anyway.

Top Bottom