• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
It's probably Chibi Robo. That's the guy I usually associate with with the metallic reflective texture.
I'm not sure if Chibi-Robo is requested a lot, but it would be a good choice. Who knows, both him and Isaac are in Super Smash Flash 2. Maybe the Smashified team likes this game? :grin:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ray from Custom Robo and Isaac.

Both got cut as Assist Trophies.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
If they're trying to make something realistic, Chibi-Robo would have for sure reflective textures, now that I think of it...

Let's consider Isaac and Chibi-Robo are indeed the two characters to be revealed. In which game do they appear together? That's right, SSF2 beta, so, what if, when they reveal both characters, McLeodGaming decides to release SSF2 beta?

IMO, it would be awesome, I've been looking forward to play the new version and its modes.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if Chibi-Robo is requested a lot, but it would be a good choice. Who knows, both him and Isaac are in Super Smash Flash 2. Maybe the Smashified team likes this game? :grin:
Well they made Travis from Earthbound 4 (the fan game) so I think anything is possible.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Might be but Chibi-Robo is so damn awesome.
Chibi-Robo and Ray-MK III are awesome. even Sukapon can be badass.

WE NEEED MOOREEE ROOOOOOBBBOOOOOTTTSSS! BUT NOOOOOOOOO...
People want woman....... REALLY? we got it perfectly well in smash 4, even a clone.

Yeah we need more villian too.

Isaac being Smashfied....
Reflective surface... Need to be a Robot with a metal body like Chibi-Robo especially.

But A sword fighter for sure is Isaac, is the most popular sword fighter out there. Need to be him.
I hope is NOT ROY.

Or inkling refelcitve ink on the ground and hair.:troll:TrollySmashified:troll:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Hi everyone, how are you doing!?
So, what have you been talking about lately, anything new? o.0'

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Yeah... only one week left.

And E3 is pretty close too, but the most likely DLC characters to show there are Wolf, Roy and Ryu, so yeah, we'll still have to wait a lot for Isaac (rather late than never).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah... only one week left.

And E3 is pretty close too, but the most likely DLC characters to show there are Wolf, Roy and Ryu, so yeah, we'll still have to wait a lot for Isaac (rather late than never).
Ain't that the truth. As long as Isaac keeps on hiding and remains undetected until a big announcement, then we are good.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ain't that the truth. As long as Isaac keeps on hiding and remains undetected until a big announcement, then we are good.
I hate leaks, I really do. But I have to say, that if there was a reliable leak indicating Isaac in Smash (such as a victory theme datamined from the Lucas patch), I would be perfectly ok with that. Isaac's been hiding long enough. Give us SOMETHING, Nintendo!

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Just two more weeks guys!
Then we can enjoy Dark Dawn in the Wii U VC! :awesome:
(this is so not happening...)

By the way, found something new and interesting about Eternal Darkness, anyone up for a conversation about that, or something? :estatic:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I hate leaks, I really do. But I have to say, that if there was a reliable leak indicating Isaac in Smash (such as a victory theme datamined from the Lucas patch), I would be perfectly ok with that. Isaac's been hiding long enough. Give us SOMETHING, Nintendo!
All this waiting is starting to get annoying, hopefully it pays off.

By the way, found something new and interesting about Eternal Darkness, anyone up for a conversation about that, or something? :estatic:
PM me.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Just two more weeks guys!
Then we can enjoy Dark Dawn in the Wii U VC! :awesome:
(this is so not happening...)

Sure thing, feel free to PM me (in Portuguese please x'D).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As soon as something hinting Isaac is found in Smash files, expect tons of band-wagoners to come saying they supported Isaac all along/Isaac is a choice they support (before they didn't used to) and how his chances are really bright. :troll:

Burruni

Smash Hero
As soon as something hinting Isaac is found in Smash files, expect tons of band-wagoners to come saying they supported Isaac all along/Isaac is a choice they support (before they didn't used to) and how his chances are really bright. :troll:
Pfft, I'll admit it.
I don't actively support Isaac but agree that he has enough merit to take a seat on the roster and the fan power behind him to make him a certain thread of the ballot and never really saw him that likely before the ballot came. :shades:

ferioku

Smash Ace
I'm getting a whole lot of people from College to vote for Isaac, hopefully they can spread the word and get other people to vote too.

Isaac should be the next Smashified art, especially because Wolf doesn't need one and other popular picks such as Banjo, K.Rool and Rayman already have theirs as well.
I'm almost positive that he's next!

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey, fairweather support is still support. I also agree with @ Burruni Burruni that I didn't give Isaac much thought until the ballot.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Of all the characters that are tossed around as "most popular/likely", I'll be honest, I think only Isaac is deserving of the position, followed by Wolf.

The rest? No. No Roy, no Ryu, no Rayman. We have enough FE Swordsmen (why do you think Chrom was left out when he was the main character?), and I don't think Ryu or Rayman have enough going in Nintendo's world to merit a spot.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Of all the characters that are tossed around as "most popular/likely", I'll be honest, I think only Isaac is deserving of the position, followed by Wolf.

The rest? No. No Roy, no Ryu, no Rayman. We have enough FE Swordsmen (why do you think Chrom was left out when he was the main character?), and I don't think Ryu or Rayman have enough going in Nintendo's world to merit a spot.
1) Roy and Ryu are practically confirmed.
2) King K. Rool.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
1) Roy and Ryu are practically confirmed.
2) King K. Rool.
1) A few sound files lying around doesn't mean much. I've seen sound files lying around in games all over the place. Not saying it's nothing, but not saying it's a sure in either. And even if they are in, it won't change my opinion that they're both a waste and really have no place on the roster*. I know I won't be spending any money to get them.
2) Meh.

*OK, to be fair, Roy has a good argument to be on the Roster. But Ryu? Why don't we just throw in a Mortal Kombat character or two because they had some 2D fighters on the SNES twenty years ago?

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
And anyway, you can still think some characters don't deserve their spots, even after they're confirmed.
I still think WFT, ROB and a couple of others are out of place and could have been replaced by better characters.

Of course that's just my opinion, but there's sooo much things they could have done better, in every aspect of the game...

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
1)
*OK, to be fair, Roy has a good argument to be on the Roster. But Ryu? Why don't we just throw in a Mortal Kombat character or two because they had some 2D fighters on the SNES twenty years ago?
Ryu is kinda important though. More important than Scorpion, Raiden, Sub Zero, or any Mortal Kombat character. Street Fighter is what really defined the fighting game genre. Ryu is as iconic as Mario, Sonic, or Pac-Man. Or Snake. bring back snake

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ryu is kinda important though. More important than Scorpion, Raiden, Sub Zero, or any Mortal Kombat character. Street Fighter is what really defined the fighting game genre. Ryu is as iconic as Mario, Sonic, or Pac-Man. Or Snake. bring back snake
Iconic to Video Games? Sure. But so are Cloud Strife, Master Chief and Kane. Smash Brothers isn't about Video Games. It's about Nintendo. Ryu doesn't have the clout in the Nintendo world, I think, to justify a spot on the roster.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Iconic to Video Games? Sure. But so are Cloud Strife and Kane. Smash Brothers isn't about Video Games. It's about Nintendo. Ryu doesn't have the clout in the Nintendo world, I think, to justify a spot on the roster.
Street Fighters 3 and 4 also recieved various re-releases on Nintendo, NAMELY handhelds.

Only 5 has been lacking out of the collection.

And :4pacman: got in for being a major gaming icon, not one for his strong ties with Nintendo.

Ryu's a standard protagonist in the series that revolutionized fighting games. Cloud Strife, if he was always a FF character, would be comparable but still in a worse case than Ryu.

Edit: ...And who's Kane?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Street Fighters 3 and 4 also recieved various re-releases on Nintendo, NAMELY handhelds.

And :4pacman: got in for being a major gaming icon, not one for his strong ties with Nintendo.

Ryu's a standard protagonist in the series that revolutionized fighting games. Cloud Strife, if he was always a FF character, would be comparable but still in a worse case than Ryu.

I thought he was talking about this Kane for a sec

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

I've always thought that Smash Brothers was for Nintendo characters. That's why I'm so opposed to Ryu's inclusion. That's why I was leery with Sonic and Snake back in Brawl, and why I'm not all that hyped over Mega-Man and Pac-Man.

I have a far higher opinion of Cloud than I do Ryu, but I'd still be as opposed to Cloud's inclusion as I am Ryu's.

If people want Ryu, that's great. More power to them. If he gets included, then I'm happy for them, and I'm glad that they'll be able to enjoy the game with a new dynamic and level of fun because a character they really wanted got in. I'm not going to waste my money on him.

As for Kane, he's the recurring unkillable antagonist/anti-hero of the Command and Conquer Tiberium series and the leader of the Brotherhood of Nod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom