• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or - Alloy Team

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
definitely right, as soon as i saw the update i rushed to post about it... found out you posted first about it though

yep... cpt falcon and zelda, just like the fighting frames.... now wtf are those other 2 strange things?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Green looks more like Tamagon than Kiirby. Tamagon's arms are even smaller than Kirby's I think, and Green Alloy has no arms. Also, in another screenshot, Green ALloy is even shaped like Tamagon <) notcompletely round like Kirby O

(Just noticed that the name Tamagon is made up of the words tamago (egg) and dragon... God I'm slow... ) X_x

NeoZ

Smash Ace
@ blink777: have you ever seen a move swap video? It is possible to give any character ANY moveset, it just looks dumb.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
@ blink777: have you ever seen a move swap video? It is possible to give any character ANY moveset, it just looks dumb.
Exactly my point. Their animation skeletons don't match up: therefor they "just look dumb". You want character to look like that?

You could stick a model that vaguely resembles another onto the latter's skeleton: you can probably get it to rig satisfactorily (ala clones in Melee). However, having a character rigged to Mario's skeleton, but has Lucas's bat animation, you can't expect it to look anything but ridiculous. The proportion differences in the arms, fingers, legs, ect. would warp the model terribly. To make said Lucas animation work on Mario's skeleton, you'd wind up having to modify the animation so heavily, you may as well have just created a new animation.

Honestly, I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked with this sort of thing exactly (working with exsisting animations to create other characters).

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
The fighting alloys are pretty awesome.. although we can't be sure Falcon is confirmed just because of that thing. I believe the red and blue alloys, but I really need more proof about the green one. show me some pics.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Exactly my point. Their animation skeletons don't match up: therefor they "just look dumb". You want character to look like that?

You could stick a model that vaguely resembles another onto the latter's skeleton: you can probably get it to rig satisfactorily (ala clones in Melee). However, having a character rigged to Mario's skeleton, but has Lucas's bat animation, you can't expect it to look anything but ridiculous. The proportion differences in the arms, fingers, legs, ect. would warp the model terribly. To make said Lucas animation work on Mario's skeleton, you'd wind up having to modify the animation so heavily, you may as well have just created a new animation.

Honestly, I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked with this sort of thing exactly (working with exsisting animations to create other characters).
You realize Mario does have the bat animation(his weapon swing=bat swing) and they have some matching moves(bair anyone?), also there's absolutely no problem with Mario and Lucas, they're around the same proportions(except hands) and could easily swap moves without looking dumb. Anyways if you see the Jiggs->Fox moveswap you could realize that distortions happen, work and don't change the animation.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
You realize Mario does have the bat animation(his weapon swing=bat swing) and they have some matching moves(bair anyone?), also there's absolutely no problem with Mario and Lucas, they're around the same proportions(except hands) and could easily swap moves without looking dumb. Anyways if you see the Jiggs->Fox moveswap you could realize that distortions happen, work and don't change the animation.
Clearly I'm not explaining myself properly, because you're still far off the mark.

All I'm trying to get at is that distortions will happen. There's nothing saying you can't rig Zelda to Bowser and have her still move: she will just be distorted. Having Zelda rigged to Peach may work fine, but if she has a Mario animation thrown in there, while still rigged to Peach's skeleton, that animation will be distorted. Same principle goes for Alloy characters being rigged to a given character, but then having a single animation from a completely different skeleton.

That's all I'm saying. That's it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
And she will also look funny when running lolz, but some distortions are part of the animations(mario and bowser-> hands, kirby/jiggs-> whole body) and they do look weird.

D

Deleted member

It's really odd to think that the yellow one is the Animal Crossing Character. Seriously, just because it has horns doesn't make it so. The Green one is obviously based off Kirby and when the f*ck does Kirby get a mohawk? If The yellow is an animal crosser than the green one must not be Kirby. It's be someone with an actual mohawk.

Horns =/= Animal Crosser. I think it's Mario.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
And she will also look funny when running lolz, but some distortions are part of the animations(mario and bowser-> hands, kirby/jiggs-> whole body) and they do look weird.
lol, I think we're both arguing the same point ;) . Sorry for causing confusion.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
THE GREEN IS KIRBY!!!!!!!!!
Sakurai meant that it isn't kirby itself, but an alloy of him. Why do you people always have to speculate and go for the obscure thought. Up until now you guys alone aren't special.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
If so then... lol right back at ya.
Also you can't rig characters to a skeleton, they can only move like the other character, but if Zelda moved like Mario she would sink in the floor while moving.
So it's not possible to make a Zelda+Peach+Mario, max 2 chars.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
The Green one is Jiggs, dont flame, I have my opinion, the red one is CF, the blue one is Zelda and the yellow is either Mario or another unconfirmed newcomer.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I think image comparisons have already established who's who.
I was too hoping for Jiggs but the arms are way to high on the screenshots.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Also you can't rig characters to a skeleton, they can only move like the other character, but if Zelda moved like Mario she would sink in the floor while moving.
So it's not possible to make a Zelda+Peach+Mario, max 2 chars.
Basically what I was getting at, though I was talking strictly from a dev's point of view, not from hacking the debug ;). Glad we sorted that out.

Now if only we could sort out the huge number of people who stop by and say "I think colour is character", after said colour and character have already been discussed to death only a couple pages beforehand ;) .

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Already discussed and have shown pictures of Kirby's body going "oblong" when he's hit. Read the thread please.

Already been discussed (to death). Read the thread please.
Hey pal, I've read it, and no Kirby doesn't go oblong. And even if he does slightly This guy is COMPLETELY oblong. Look at the flippin' picture. Besides, given the fact that they are called "alloys" I'd imagine they wouldn't be as stretchy as your typical balloon character...

THE GREEN IS KIRBY!!!!!!!!!
Sakurai meant that it isn't kirby itself, but an alloy of him. Why do you people always have to speculate and go for the obscure thought. Up until now you guys alone aren't special.
Why can people simply not read and comprehend. HE LOOKS LIKE KIRBY BUT IT'S NOT HIM. Obviously a guy with pointy green parts and a hollow face isn't Kirby. Why does this need to be said? It would be redundant and pointless. He's saying that it's not based on Kirby. Get that through your heads, people.

I might also add that the yellow and green could be characters not yet revealed for all we know. These are obviously a lot of assumptions. Truly, I think the only one (oddly enough) that is undeniable is Red as Falcon...

Top Bottom