• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or - Alloy Team

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does...

Red Alloy look like he's modeled after Captain Falcon's moveset (it looks like Captain's first punch)

And Blue Alloy looks like she's modeled after Zelda's moveset (Looks like zelda in air)

If so, what are the other two based off of. (Yellow and Green)
If Sakurai said that green is not Kirby then, I wonder who he's based off.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yellow is probably supposed to represent Lucas, he is short and anthropomorphic. Looks like a child with horns...

paralasalud

Smash Ace
when sakurai said "that's not kirby" i was like "here come the theories..."

yellow could be mario's model, it could be for the human-esque characters that aren't completely anthropomorphic.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Okay, then...when Sakurai says that the Red Alloy Fighter is not the "leader," he is making us speculate this is Captain Falcon.

When he says the Yellow Alloy Fighter's "horns are scintillating", he is obviously pointing out the Animal Crossing character. There comes are most likely last starter newcomer to be announced soon.

When he calls the Blue Alloy Fighter "she seems kind of gentle", I'm probably guessing this means Zero Suit Samus since she seems less bellicose - not the word but closest - than armored Samus and Zero Suit Samus coincidentally wears blue as a default.

Now for the Green Alloy Fighter, Sakurai calling it not Kirby could either be that its not Kirby but an alloy form of him, or it represents some other character (extremely unlikely).

Bowling Pin

Smash Rookie
Okay, then...when Sakurai says that the Red Alloy Fighter is not the "leader," he is making us speculate this is Captain Falcon.
In Japanese sentai shows (see: Power Rangers), the character dressed in red is always the leader. That's the joke he's getting at.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai meant to say with the green guy that it is not actually Kirby, even though it may be based off him. Who's gonna bother speculating about this?
Except you don't know that...It could be based off...

TAMAGON!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Cap'n Falcon, Zamus(ponytail), Yellow i don't know, many say it's AC human(i hope not), and Green, i say it's Jiggs. She had that death animation in melee.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Except you don't know that...It could be based off...

TAMAGON!!!
yep. that's what i thought too, i just didn't want to make that rumor credible at all by saying that it could be. although, it IS green... same shape (longer from a profile view).... and has the FIN on its head.

oh well, i'm not speculatin' :dizzy:

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
yep. that's what i thought too, i just didn't want to make that rumor credible at all by saying that it could be. although, it IS green... same shape (longer from a profile view).... and has the FIN on its head.

oh well, i'm not speculatin' :dizzy:
Sounds an awful lot like speculating to me lawl.

Anyway, maybe Tamagon has a chance (IF I knew who/what he/she/it is, I might be more sympathetic).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do they have to be based off one of the starting roster?
Yes because in the original, the Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ness, and Luigi polygons didn't appear until you unlocked them and the wireframes in Melee were based on Captain Falcon and Zelda, two characters who were in the starting roster. Also, looking at the proportions of the Green guy, it's pretty clear that it's Kirby:

Jigglypuff's feet are much smaller and more slender then Kirby's.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Sounds an awful lot like speculating to me lawl.

Anyway, maybe Tamagon has a chance (IF I knew who/what he/she/it is, I might be more sympathetic).
i know i'm making fun of myself because i was making fun of speculations in my first post in this thread. haha, what a long sentence.

i don't know, it could be an added appendage. i mean, that could be kirby, yes with a fin on top of his head. just like the yellow alloy could be mario (i think it's based off mario.) with added horns. if the blue is zelda, zelda doesn't have a ponytail. they just add stuff maybe.

i just don't want to speculate lol :chuckle:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i know i'm making fun of myself because i was making fun of speculations in my first post in this thread. haha, what a long sentence.

i don't know, it could be an added appendage. i mean, that could be kirby, yes with a fin on top of his head. just like the yellow alloy could be mario (i think it's based off mario.) with added horns. if the blue is zelda, zelda doesn't have a ponytail. they just add stuff maybe.

i just don't want to speculate lol :chuckle:
Actually, in wireframe form, it does look like Zelda has a ponytail because it'd look like an extension of the head without all the details.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out who the yellow guy is...

Lucas is the only character that we've seen so far that resembles it but it does seem a bit odd to give him those freakishly huge horns... The fin on the "Green Kirby" is subtle but the horns are really apparent and eye catching.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Actually, in wireframe form, it does look like Zelda has a ponytail because it'd look like an extension of the head without all the details.

Lucas is the only character that we've seen so far that resembles it but it does seem a bit odd to give him those freakishly huge horns... The fin on the "Green Kirby" is subtle but the horns are really apparent and eye catching.
I think it's Mario.

From my analysys topic-
IsmaR said:
Yellow Alloy

Character is uknown, or possibly Mario:
Now this one is confusing. The horns allude that this may be the AC rep, or even Bowser Jr. I, in my opinion, believe this is actually Mario. Notice in this picture, his falling form resembles Mario's(hands spinning, legs straight down). For now, this one remains inconclusive.

paralasalud

Smash Ace

that definitely looks like lucas the most with those 2 pictures together.
the arms seems to be in the same positions, albeit flipped horizontally.
the horns could just be some new flava flav, just as the fin might be.
the proportions are almost dead-on. also, it could still be mario.
i can't recall right now, but weren't there characters that shared the same wire frame that didn't have the same exact proportions?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Are you people blind? For one, the yellow guy is HUGE compared to Mario, and the green guy looks nothing like kirby. Since when does Kirby have an oblong body??

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it's Mario.

From my analysys topic-
But look at the picture where the Yellow Alloy is standing still; Mario's "relaxed" pose isn't anything like that. When Mario's standing still, he's constantly looking forward, rocking his fists up and down and stops every once in awhile to roll his head. In Melee, on the other hand, Ness's relaxed pose does involve him looking at the screen after awhile and Lucas is clearly heavily based on Ness.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Perhaps the horns, fin, etc. are the characteristics of the colors. It's obvious that the Red Alloy in the picture is Captain Falcon, but last time I checked Falcon didn't have such large shoulder pads. Based on the pose, Blue Alloy could be Zelda (I'd be sure but I don't remember Zamus's aerial pose exactly) and Zelda doesn't have that ponytail.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
But look at the picture where the Yellow Alloy is standing still; Mario's "relaxed" pose isn't anything like that. When Mario's standing still, he's constantly looking forward, rocking his fists up and down and stops every once in awhile to roll his head. In Melee, on the other hand, Ness's relaxed pose does involve him looking at the screen after awhile and Lucas is clearly heavily based on Ness.
HE could be taunting, I don't know :confused:

Top Bottom