• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Falco cheap?!?!?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I see the definition of cheap as a john. And one should never john. but falco himself isn't cheap, its how you play him. Every character has the potential to be cheap. hell, pichu can chainthrow faclo 0-death. Cheap? Johns.

Repryx

Smash Champion
But What about Rearranging Peachs Name to Spell CHeap? C'mon Give it some Leeway! Lolz Ive learned its not the Character but the Player that is Cheap (Ecspecially when they only wanna put up $5 for a MM)

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
yeah falco is good, but hes also very hard to be good with (ie. not like shiek)

all top 5 chars are good though, so in that arena, no, he is not cheap.

just gimp him repeatedly....yea you'l occasionaly get combod to death but just kill him at like 30-40 and your set to do fine

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah falco is good, but hes also very hard to be good with (ie. not like shiek)

all top 5 chars are good though, so in that arena, no, he is not cheap.

just gimp him repeatedly....yea you'l occasionaly get combod to death but just kill him at like 30-40 and your set to do fine
Sheik (you misspelled it) is NOT easy to be good with. In fact, it's hella easier to be good with falco. Once you reach that point when you start to actually play the game, not just press buttons. WHen the game becomes more about getting in an attack, and putting your mind against the other player's mind, Falco is way easier to play (if not the easiest), while sheik is one of the hardest (upper tiers anyway).

Jem.

Smash Master
Too bad Falco is very easily ledge-guarded against, can be combo'd with several players up throw up tilt combos, even with proper DI (Mario, Marth) and can Mindgame you to punish you. Falco sounds sooooo cheap. I main him and think Peach is cheaper >.<

EDIT: LAWL ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Shiek is a giant tilt-fest. That sounds really hard.

Smash Master
Falco has many moves that yield results disproportionately greater than the required input skill (such as dair). Therefore, Falco is cheap.

Linoleum33

Smash Rookie
All high tier characters are cheap. Sheik has ridiculously easy combos and insane speed, marth has the most annoying edge guard, fox's shine is incredibly versatile and fast, on and on and on.

falco is right there with them, but not necessarily because of his smash attacks. SHL nair fsmash is way cheaper, and pillaring is also very cheap.

But back to the point. Cheap characters are cheap because they are better than other characters. Your friend is naive to think that all the characters in the game are balanced.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
falco is definately not cheap. he has weaknesses. falco isnt cheap to not even one character. cheap means easy to use and just pikc up and beat any one with. the only characters that can do this are shiek and marth. his recovery is redicuolusly bad. goes even with so many bad characters (i.e. G&w bowser) and can get ***** by low tiers like luigi. im not saying falco is like horrible. he is crazy. but of your opponent is good they use and abuse his weaknesses. this is why i dropped falco for fox. my falco is crazy. but i had to. getting cheaped by marths is sickening seriously. dont main this guy if you want a broken character. fox is so much better. falcos good. but he isnt amongst the best. if the tiers were created upon sill. it would be fox marth then shiek then falco. falco being high tier.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i disagree about sheik and marth being easy to pick up and do well with. That only applies when played on a n00b level. At a more advanced level, no character is easy to pick up and win with (although some are easier than others).

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
marth and sheik (more sheik take much much less effort to be good with on high levels of play. you cant pick up anyone and win at first. but these two are the easiest. marths cgs and gimps are crazy easy. i beat pro foxs with my marth which id never play in my life. all i know how to do is cg and gimp and thats all thats needed.

Zeron

Smash Apprentice
This:

Falco has many moves that yield results disproportionately greater than the required input skill (such as dair). Therefore, Falco is cheap.
And that:

All high tier characters are cheap. Sheik has ridiculously easy combos and insane speed, marth has the most annoying edge guard, fox's shine is incredibly versatile and fast, on and on and on.

falco is right there with them, but not necessarily because of his smash attacks. SHL nair fsmash is way cheaper, and pillaring is also very cheap.

But back to the point. Cheap characters are cheap because they are better than other characters. Your friend is naive to think that all the characters in the game are balanced.
Simplified:

Falco is cheap.
All high tier characters are cheap. Cheap characters are cheap because they are better than other characters.
Yep.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
To put it in short terms, the message is this.

Falco is not cheap.

Unfortunately for the rest of the population, I am right, eternally and invariably. You lose this argument, good night.

Jem.

Smash Master
Too bad Falco is very easily ledge-guarded against, can be combo'd with several players up throw up tilt combos, even with proper DI (Mario, Marth) and can Mindgame you to punish you. Falco sounds sooooo cheap. I main him and think Peach is cheaper >.<

EDIT: LAWL ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Shiek is a giant tilt-fest. That sounds really hard.
Sticking by what I said.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
if falco isnt as good as others..

look at mah boi Shiz Wiz killin every1 with falco.

he makes falco look exactly how it should

BROKEN!

in my case as a marth Fox main...

id say he can get annoying but there are ways around him.try reading in the characters specific forums and there should be some tricks there ;)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I agree with you but Id say that Captain falcon is either worse or tied with falco for that aspect of gameplay.

At least falco can sweetspot with ease. its not possible in every situation with captain. CF's recovery is just a joke.

LOL

At the level I play smash a missed forward smash usually means you're dead.

Tell your friend that he sucks, and thats the main reason he's actually getting hit by falco's smash attacks which IMO are easy to see coming unless used properly.

Then tell him he's a scrub for thinking these things and tell him to scrub your bathroom floor like I said earlier.

Also you both sound like you suck. Get better.

Actually, CF cannot even sweetspot at all, he pops over the ledge, then goes down, THEN can grab..

Which sucks, you are right.

He is right, falco and CF are combo fodder, tell your friend to learn to combo well...

Top Bottom