• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inui Presents: Great Revival

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
This is Inui.

Dude.....please tell me the event is still happening......
I will find a way to make it happen. I'm going to devote next week to finding a venue.

Weren't you in charge of the AIB doubles tier list? >_______>
Yes. And? My opinion wasn't counted any more than that of the other people working on it.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
FFFFFFFFF

Insanely fitting theme, hahaha. I can't bring myself to close the front page now, thanks a lot. :/

Now if only it weren't 3 hours away by public transport. D: ....oh

Manager is an idiot.

I've hosted 70+ out of a smaller venue on a single electrical circuit with no issues, but he thinks I don't have enough space or power and won't let me rent the room. I'm going to switch to Heavy Garbage's venue for this one (don't worry, I'll still be the main host and I'm paying for the venue) and then look into my father's former Knights of Columbus council in Neptune for the future.

I know my hosting sh*t, but the manager doesn't. I know the Wii uses 1/10th the power of something like a 360 and a CRT TV uses only about double what the Wii uses, so a single circuit would work. I also know how to manage space, and this room had more space than the Garden Room.

That hotel just lost a lot of good business from me.

I'll finalize everything when I get back from Ohio.
Well that sucks. Nice you had a backup plan. ...and the 360 really uses THAT much more power running games than the Wii? God****.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Well that sucks. Nice you had a backup plan. ...and the 360 really uses THAT much more power running games than the Wii? God****.
well actually, i checked the calendar for the dates of when my venue will be in use, and there is a wedding reception going on on Nov. 20th, i told inui, he says that he will try to find a different place

Keitaro

well actually, i checked the calendar for the dates of when my venue will be in use, and there is a wedding reception going on on Nov. 20th, i told inui, he says that he will try to find a different place
I better secure my future planned date quick then!!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
In fact I think we should ban Mario from low tiers, as he as an advantage on the ENTIRE (better than 50) Low tier cast inui wants to use. save for Lucas which is even.
I disagree with this. A lot of good players (including most of the BBR) think that Mario is a bad character doomed to low tier forever. He's below Bowser, Lucas, Ike, and Yoshi and are therefore worse than those characters. Also, this event should be moved to a week later to heavy garbage's venue so it doesn't interfere with tourney play and that I can go and destroy everyone with this terrible character.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I disagree with this. A lot of good players (including most of the BBR) think that Mario is a bad character doomed to low tier forever. He's below Bowser, Lucas, Ike, and Yoshi and are therefore worse than those characters. Also, this event should be moved to a week later to heavy garbage's venue so it doesn't interfere with tourney play and that I can go and destroy everyone with this terrible character.
See you in bracket. :bee:

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Mario gets thrashed by everyone who isn't stuck in low tiers. However in a low tier tournament Mario does much better as a lot of his bad matchups (D Tier and Up) are gone. Mario's still bad otherwise.

Now please I don't want Kai/Pink Fresh/etc... going "I've never lost to a Mario before"

Player Skill > Character Skill

Also must I iterate again that a Matchup is 2 people playing characters at the absolute best, no tripping, and are at the same skill level playing 10 matches and the outcome of those matches. such as

Lucario v MK is a 6:4 matchup. If I played a MK at the same skill level as me then out of 10 games, he'd win 6 and I'd win 4, if both players had complete knowledge of the matchup.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Mario gets thrashed by everyone who isn't stuck in low tiers.

However in a low tier tournament Mario does much better as a lot of his bad matchups (D Tier and Up) are gone.

Mario's still bad otherwise.

Now please I don't want Kai/Pink Fresh/etc... going "I've never lost to a Mario before"

Player Skill > Character Skill
Who does Mario get thrashed by that's C tier or below?

Vinnie

Smash Master
[15:41] Inui: hey post a message in my tourney thread for me
[15:42] Inui: i just called my father's knights of columbus council in neptune city and they can hook me up with a good deal to rent their hall (my father is a past grand knight and a fourth degree koc member lol)
[15:42] Inui: might have to change the date, but i definitely can get a venue now

edit:
[15:50] Inui: http://www.kofc816.org/membership.htm
[15:50] Inui: u can post that link too i guess
[15:50] Inui: it has the venue location and some info

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll look into this more when things settle down. Chances of me coming depends on how good my regular doubles partner is.

No point in saying I'll do good or bad. I think I'll do well because I've been training a lot, but I expect you've all also improved in my absence from the tourney scene. I'll probably come and I wish you luck.

Time to namedrop

Pierce Pierce7D

Obviously MK Jr.
Also, everyone knows I don't namesearch noob

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
[15:41] Inui: hey post a message in my tourney thread for me
[15:42] Inui: i just called my father's knights of columbus council in neptune city and they can hook me up with a good deal to rent their hall (my father is a past grand knight and a fourth degree koc member lol)
[15:42] Inui: might have to change the date, but i definitely can get a venue now

edit:
[15:50] Inui: http://www.kofc816.org/membership.htm
[15:50] Inui: u can post that link too i guess
[15:50] Inui: it has the venue location and some info
A date change......not going.

Keitaro

Important

Inui has found a nicely sized venue for this November 20th date so the tourney will still be on the same date as planned.

HYPE!!

Top Bottom