• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inui Presents: Great Revival

D1

Banned via Administration
I love this thread and its music OMFG! HYPE! I might wanna come just cuz Edgeworth is like in the post!

Zucco

Smash Master
I SHOULDNT HAVE BROUGHT HIM TO BRINSTAR.

It was a very bad choice. not saying I would have won if I didnt, but yeah.

I got this next time. next time is the tie breaker!

edit: I plan on never going to double tourneys again lol. cant seem to do it without ****ing up one or the other.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I feel like Ally, Coney and I are better than most of those people, but not quite at the Nairo/Zucco/Diem/ksizzle level. Ally is the best of the three of us.

So mad they removed Shuttle Loop invincibility -_-

Coney

Smash Master
i wish i had a chance to play nairo/ksizzle/diem at apex so i could judge myself against them, or at least see how far i am behind

i'm in a region that's terribly lacking in minus

zucco completely obliterated me though so it's probably a moot point

Coney

Smash Master
i might

wait on the OP, bowser is allowed for low tiers but not ness, despite their being in the same spot? whazzupwitdat?

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
sweet, i can't wait for this :D

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
MD/VA going to this? Well if you're all going...Someone take me! It's my birthday. No better way to celebrate my 23rd birthday than hanging out with awesome peeps

Inui

Banned via Warnings
There's apparently a lot of conflict with this date. Change it to a week later so I can attend :). Gotta rep my Mario in low tiers.
No, there isn't. I'm not changing the date based on a tournament in Washington or California or for a Melee tournament.

i might

wait on the OP, bowser is allowed for low tiers but not ness, despite their being in the same spot? whazzupwitdat?
Bowser has many bad match-ups in low tiers. He loses quite badly to Samus and Link, has a disadvantage against Link, a very slight disadvantage to Ike, and maybe others.

Ness is broken. Ness's back throw and forward air put him in a league above all low tiers. He doesn't have counters in the low tier at all. Even Ike has some bad match-ups in Samus and Link.

MD/VA going to this? Well if you're all going...Someone take me! It's my birthday. No better way to celebrate my 23rd birthday than hanging out with awesome peeps
YES :)

I really wanted you to come

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Why are ice climbers allowed in low tiers Edit: *doubles*

I don't think its even fair in doubles

Edit: I don't really like the low tier set but im probably not entering it so no worries

If Ike/Sonic are low tier so is Ness

AllyKnight

Ness is not effin broken LMAO, if you're going to put ICS low tier, you're on drugs, that **** can spam smashes and win like seriously why do you always do soemthing wrong with your tournaments? Such a joke ruleset.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why are ice climbers allowed in low tiers
Doubles.

Actually read the first post next time.

Ness is not effin broken LMAO, if you're going to put ICS low tier, you're on drugs, that **** can spam smashes and win like seriously why do you always do soemthing wrong with your tournaments? Such a joke ruleset.
Ness will not be legal in low tiers. Ness, unlike the other characters, has placed in the money at large regionals/nationals in both singles and teams, and is thus proven viable. Ness's f-air shuts down many low tiers and his b-throw gives him an easy and guaranteed way to kill early, which is something no low tier has; they all actually struggle to kill in most cases.

Ice Climbers are not legal in low tier singles. They are legal in low tier doubles because the AiB doubles tier list project placed them at the second worst spot on the list, so there is no reason to ban them.

The low tier lists are not up for debate. AiB's doubles tier list was used, and the official BBR singles tier list was used with the inclusion of Bowser due to him having many counters in low tiers, which Ness does not (he beats/***** them all).

AllyKnight

Doubles.

Actually read the first post next time.

Ness will not be legal in low tiers. Ness, unlike the other characters, has placed in the money at large regionals/nationals in both singles and teams, and is thus proven viable. Ness's f-air shuts down many low tiers and his b-throw gives him an easy and guaranteed way to kill early, which is something no low tier has; they all actually struggle to kill in most cases.

Ice Climbers are not legal in low tier singles. They are legal in low tier doubles because the AiB doubles tier list project placed them at the second worst spot on the list, so there is no reason to ban them.
There is no reason to ban Ness is you're allowing such character is doubles, Ness is easy, Falcon can **** that **** for free. it really seems you just don't know what happens if the game turns out to be a 1v1, its a free win for ics, Ness is good with some combination of char, and how many? Ive only seen Shaky doing it. You are just banning him for your own gain since you're good at getting grabbed, bad Inui, and AiB group? Couldn't be funnier than this lmao. I'm done probably gonna bring it back today just so I can laugh for a bit.

Coney

Smash Master
Metaknight is broken. Metaknight's shuttle loop and mach tornado put him in a league above everyone. He doesn't have counters in the low tier at all. Even Snake has some (kinda) bad match-ups in Olimar and Falco.
oh so it's okay when you do it

i'm not sure about low tier tourney results and you guys do them much more often than we do, but i'm fairly certain ness doesn't dominate them, right?

also:

Bowser...loses quite badly to...Bowser

EDIT -

Ness will not be legal in low tiers. Ness, unlike the other characters, has placed in the money at large regionals/nationals in both singles and teams.
wtf so has ike

come on man, i'd heard rumors but you really can't be this insufferable

Inui

Banned via Warnings
There is no reason to ban Ness is you're allowing such character is doubles, Ness is easy, Falcon can **** that **** for free. it really seems you just don't know what happens if the game turns out to be a 1v1, its a free win for ics, Ness is good with some combination of char, and how many? Ive only seen Shaky doing it. You are just banning him for your own, bad Inui, and AiB group? Couldn't be funnier than this lmao. I'm done probably gonna bring it back today just so I can laugh for a bit.
I already explained it. Ness's f-air shuts down many low tiers (they struggle in approaching and punishing it) and his b-throw gives him an easy, guaranteed kill, which no low tier has. He is far above every legal character in low tier doubles on the AiB doubles tier list and above all of the legal characters in low tier singles by an entire tier on the BBR tier list.

Falcon loses to Ness. You're just better than Zucco, so you didn't lose to his Ness back when he did well with him. My Ike is like 3-0 with his Ness for the same reason. Your character still loses and is much worse.

Banning for myself? What? My partner is Kai. We have never dropped a set in low tier doubles and I fear nothing. I'm going by the tier lists for doubles and singles.

You have presented no evidence to support your case. The court shall not humor your ramblings.

wtf so has ike

come on man, i'd heard rumors but you really can't be this insufferable
No, he hasn't. San has come close, but has never won money at a national or regional event in singles or teams. Shaky and FOW both have, numerous times.

Lucas...no one is going to enter low tiers at this rate...

I'll totally enter singles and doubles though for regular stuff
They don't have to. I'm using the official tier lists created by top players and hosts. What's the problem?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
^^He's right about Ike not and Ness has

San got 9th like 3 times, missed the money by 1 position 3 times
Yup.

I'm going by the official tier lists made by the BBR and the AiB doubles tier list project. ICs are second worst in doubles according to that list, so why ban them? Even if we were wrong, we weren't wrong by two tiers, so they can be about as good as Ike/Sonic/Lucas at beast.

Ness is far above all of them on both tier lists, so...

Coney

Smash Master
You're just better than Zucco, so you didn't lose to his Ness back when he did well with him. My Ike is like 3-0 with his Ness for the same reason.
doesn't zucco hate it when you do this?

i mean it's your event and everything and far be it for me to tell you how to run it, i'm just saying it's dumb. bowser and ness literally share a tier spot together; allowing one but not the other is silly.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just get salty in general for low tiers, as I strongly dislike it as a serious event for money (like minus.)

Looks like I'll be using Birthday magic to win the event somehow

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Deleted old argument, going towards new one.

If you are being so official about an AiB group's word on a doubles tier list, why aren't you being official on the SBR's tier list positions.

If we are using the bottom two tiers we have

Lucas, Ike, Yoshi, Mario, Falcon, Samus, Jiggs. Zelda, Link, Ganon.

In My opinion the tier list "tier groups" are as follows

God Tier: S
High Tier: A-B
Mid Tier: C-D-E
Low Tier: F-G

But inui want's to pool from E tier, which is as follows

Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Ness, Bowser. Inui is taking Sonic and Bowser, and leaving Ness.

Sonic's matchups in low tier are even or better for him (Bar Lucas/Mario)
Bowser goes a little worse than sonic would.
And Ness goes even or better (Bar Mario)

In fact I think we should ban Mario from low tiers, as he as an advantage on the ENTIRE (better than 50) Low tier cast inui wants to use. save for Lucas which is even.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
doesn't zucco hate it when you do this?

i mean it's your event and everything and far be it for me to tell you how to run it, i'm just saying it's dumb.
I don't care if he hates it. What happened, happened. If it's relevant, I will bring it up. Ally doesn't think Ness is broken because he beat Zucco solidly in a low tier tournament, but that doesn't mean that much. Zucco has dominated low tier doubles consistently, even beating me (when I wasn't with Kai or M2K) many times. Ness is clearly too good for low tier doubles (lol 2nd at a stacked national) and probably too good for low tier singles (FOW and Shaky both have won money nationally/regionally numerous times with Ness).

It's not dumb...unless the BBR and AiB's doubles tier list people are dumb... :confused:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Ness isn't low tier. If you want a little boy to play with so much I can direct you all to some fine Playgrounds around this area, relax.

Hype~!

Top Bottom