• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Alukard told me that in FD, the only effective thing you can do is tilts. Which i guess is good for those who do that. Me, personally, do tilts to those that dont have enough range to hit me when im in range for a tilt.

Watty

Smash Lord
i say fd is worse because at least when u put a fox on a platform ... he gets a nair in the mouth lol ... if ur lucky a blast or a dair lol but yea ... i feel ur pain ... i have cactuar jman eggm + many more lol

F U SPACIES!!!
id ban Stadium over FD but its opposite of ur reasoning. FD is flat and ya they can run but they cant use platofmrs to run away. gives them less options. same thing with tehre recovery they cant mind game me into thinking there going to the platform cause there isnt 1.

Both have there ups and down but space animals are just to good on stadium now a days and they can run all day and just hit u with an upsmash at 70+ % and kill u.

I would go Fountain or Dreamland but from what ive learned with banning I just ban a neutral i know they like. Space animals have to many ******** counterpick stages its better to ban there favorite neutral go to the one of many gay stages and than counterpick another neutral. its all about shield pressure which is why i like FD its eaier to put on

'Fro

Smash Lord
I do generally like FD, particularly against Marth. I hate Stadium against Fox. Those little platforms open up a LOT of possibilities for Fox on Samus. Fox can still obviously work FD, but as Watty said, he's easier to edge gaurd there. Actually, everyone's easier to edge gaurd there.

AIDS

Smash Lord
I honestly thing one of Samus best stages(except vs Shiek) is yoshi's story.
Her edge guards **** there, kill at such low % and also the platforms are perfect and the angle at the ledge makes your U tilt and downword-Fsmash go under the stage even more! lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
Her edge guards **** there, kill at such low % and also the platforms are perfect and the angle at the ledge makes your U tilt and downword-Fsmash go under the stage even more! lol
definitely my favorite stage with samus =]

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree, I love Yoshi's story. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves its small size.

Maybe I'm crazy but Samus vs Marth on this stage is probably my favorite match up. o.o

Corigames

Smash Hero
Fox = Yes/10
Falco = Maybe/10
Marth = No/10
Sheik = Not really/10
Peach = Maybe/10
Falcon = Knee/10
ICs = Nana/10

But my calculations are limited.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Well, I mean like the whole 60:40 shenanigens. Sorry for being not specific enough. Also, I dunno what youre talking about in that post.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Well, I mean like the whole 60:40 shenanigens. Sorry for being not specific enough. Also, I dunno what youre talking about in that post.
It's kinda a joke, but he's kinda serious

Also I think there's some kinda chart somewhere on the forums

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I only know the chart is on here, and I stumbled on it by accident one time...so I don't really know what to look for either...

Anyways, when you go to any forums, usually you look up all the information you need yourself before asking any questions.

"...teach a man to fish..." you know.
If you look around for it and you STILL can't find it, come back and ask.

Pretty much though, after reading this guide, and then seeing corey's post, you should have an idea of what her matches are like. After all, what you're looking for when you look for the ratios is basically that. It's not like the ratios are true values.

rhan

Smash Hero
How outdated is that chart anyway? I remember seeing it when I first came to smashboards. I stoped following it after my brother (Who isn't even even with me) started to always beat my Samus with Marth.

That list states that Samus has a "4" against a Marth. "5" would be even so the matchup chart state that the matchup would be 40/60 (roughly speaking). How is that so when Marth destroys Samus.

Also it says Samus has a "7" over Link. Personally I say the matchup is dead even. It's basically all about who can out camp the other trying to gain controller over another.

Geist

Smash Master
That list is pretty old, but it still has its accuracy.
I always thought Samus had a small edge against Link, but it was young link she was even/disadvantaged with.

Corigames

Smash Hero
MY body was at that location, my mind was not. Due to bad sleeping habits granted to me by my job, I was tired as balls when I got there that morning and continued to be tired the rest of the day. I tried countering this with several Monster energy drinks trying to learn from past experiences with this, but the results were non-existent. Around 1pm I fell asleep in the basement, barely made it out of pools, and then made it to 17th. I then crashed on the couch for a while until Watty could MM me and I could leave.

Then I did.

In other words, I ****ed myself again except this time it was **** instead of masturbation. Also, I'm now kinda glad that there wasn't video recorded of me because that's the last thing I would want posted with my name on it.

Also, Watty, GGs. I'll never choose Corneria again.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
eeeeeeeee

so i has question

how does spamus up+b oos on shield pressure work

do you have to wait for the shine or can you do it after aerials

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Me, personally? I barely upB at all. It stops Samus from moving for.. um (checks frame data sites) 103 frames unless you ledge cancel it, that's way too long to have an immobile Samus, at least for me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What's your answer to shield pressure then? Just traditional wavedash out of shield when the shine blinks on your shield?

I'm very curious to how Samus works, she seems cool.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah mostly. I'm really good/fast at wd out of shield, and Samus' whole "wavedash back to *attack*" thing is too broken. Most people try to attack through Samus' shield so they can get away before the dreaded upB, so chasing after them with an ftilt/utilt/dsmash/dtilt/fsmash/jab is really effective.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
People tend to not mess up their spacing as horribly as they used to now so the UpB isnt as reliable but still VERY reliable. Wavedash OoS to Ftilt/Grab = Too good.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
when I read the tips in threads like these, I'm always like: oh yeah, sounds logical.
but when I'm playing, I'm mostly: what was I supposed to do?
my brain is too slow for smash :grin:

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
when I read the tips in threads like these, I'm always like: oh yeah, sounds logical.
but when I'm playing, I'm mostly: what was I supposed to do?
my brain is too slow for smash :grin:
That's why you practice the same thing in your room for 15 minutes, attempt it until you get it in friendlies, stop once you do get it off once, never try it again, and then magically it just comes up in your play. :O

Geist

Smash Master
lol actually, that's basically how it works.
You kinda practice the hell out of it, then one day it happens the way it's supposed to in battle, and you're like "oh. how lovely"
saying it in a British accent is required.

Corigames

Smash Hero

Cheerio, that was a jolly lovely game popit. Pardon my asking though, may I suck your brains out?

Edit:
My bad, big image. I'll find a smaller one
--Dogyedit--
Did it for you, my eyes got ***** by the original.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I think everyone is just in a phase right now. It's a couple months before one of the biggest events of Smash's life in the past 2 years at least if not greater. People are working on technique, graduating high school/college and are busy with finals, etc. I think a lot is going on right now.

It's my guess that June we will see a ton of people hit the boards for tips leading up to Genesis and we will have a lot on our hands.

Top Bottom