• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Reunion: NES n00b edition - 12/18

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm coming alone, need housing in Memphis and maybe pickup from bus station if at all possible but I might be able to figure something out. I think at this point I'm either bussing alone through greyhound to memphis or driving with a group straight to the venue.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
yeah me and PEEF! are coming from the midwest as well and it would be great if some1 could lets us crash on their floor or something.

Id donate some money to pay for the holiday inn venue room or w/e hotel/motel was being discussed earlier.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I can pick people up, but I'm not sure about housing. I'm living with my parents at the moment, and they've never been big on smashers spending the night. Hopefully I'll have an apartment by the time this happens, so I'll keep people up to date.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I asked about housing and my mom said it would be ok if someone came and slept up in my room. I could fit about 4-6 people.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ohhhhh, so it starts Friday night? Well that makes things a little better. We might just take you up on that then.

I'll try to get details worked out as soon as possible.

Handorin

Smash Hero
how far from the venue/city are you handorin?
I'm about 45min east of the venue. It's a bit out of the way if you need to go up 55, but it's better than nothing. I'm a bit better situated for people coming from GA/NC.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ohhhhh, so it starts Friday night? Well that makes things a little better. We might just take you up on that then.

I'll try to get details worked out as soon as possible.
Arkansas has housing too, and we're alot closer to the venue than 3 hours. Just if you're interested. Bring Ace and Dorsey with you if possible :D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ace and Dorsey are toooooooo far away from me to make that work haha. =p

How close are you?

Edit: I'll be talking this over with NC people once I know my options and we'll decide on who we want to stay with.

Edit edit: LOL Chad thanks for point that out.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ace and Dorsey are toooooooo far away from me to make that work haha. =p

How close are you?

Edit: I'll be talking this over with NC people once I know my options and we'll decide on who we want to stay with.
Somewhere between an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on if me or Chamberlin is driving lol. I'd say right around two hours, to be safe.

but I'd also keep in mind, alot of TN people live a little closer, and wouldn't be as far for you to drive. So that may be worth looking into.

j00t

Smash Champion
It'd be cool to have NC come to Huntsville for the night, but then again I think it'd be further away for them than KO's place is.

EDIT: I kind of agree with Chamberlin. I don't think it'll be the size of INN5, but it seems like it'll be a little crowded at Pizza Inn. I don't know how many people were at the Pizza Inn smashfest though... maybe like 20-25 people?

Handorin

Smash Hero
It'd be cool to have NC come to Huntsville for the night, but then again I think it'd be further away for them than KO's place is.

EDIT: I kind of agree with Chamberlin. I don't think it'll be the size of INN5, but it seems like it'll be a little crowded at Pizza Inn. I don't know how many people were at the Pizza Inn smashfest though... maybe like 20-25 people?
I think Inn 1-2 had around 35-50 people. We managed.

/another housing plug. Close(ish) to the venue, and on the way for most attendants.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Everyone who is talking about housing would you PLEASE say what city you're in?
I'm in San Diego Shelby County limits. Not really in a city. So Memphis/Germantown/Collierville area.

Doesn't matter really. Any housing not in the Memphis area, for after the tournament, is kinda silly, unless a driver plans to sleep before the tourney ends so he can drive 2+ hours somewhere (or take insane amounts of caffeine. This isn't a good idea)

If anyone decides to house with me, I can give them an address, etc.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
To be completely honest, the way out of state people (especially the really far ones like NC bros) probably shouldn't come to this. I'd love to see everybody, but this was originally supposed to be like a small 6 hour reunion for the people who would regularly come to INNsomnia biweeklies... not a huge tourney that people need to drive 8+ hours to attend.
If we can, on such short notice, turn it into a decent sized tournament with a better venue and time frame, awesome, but I just don't want people driving huge distances for a midnight smashfest and getting disappointed. Also, I don't want low-sleep drivers early in the morning adding to the smasher death count >_>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ah yeah, I interpreted what this tournament was supposed to be a little differently than that.

Sorry about that guys. Hope this goes well!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm sorry PP, I'd love to see you again (and give you some Samus practice before Pound), but I just don't want you guys driving for hours and hours only to be disappointed by the turnout, venue, and short amount of time.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
this is the same date as winterfest u guys should cahnge so ya can get more attendance cuz fl wont be able to make and SO I CAN make it lol im too broek to afford any oos tourney

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'd love to see everybody, but this was originally supposed to be like a small 6 hour reunion for the people who would regularly come to INNsomnia biweeklies... not a huge tourney that people need to drive 8+ hours to attend.
This is one of the reasons why I was talking about not having a tournament. I mean look at the thread, it was originally people paying respects, but now it's turned into lots of people asking for housing page after page. That said, I would very much like housing, because I don't want to make a two hour drive back to Tupelo after the event.

Yes I know what I said above is somewhat hypocritical XD.

Also, only one person PMed me regarding pictures of Ryan. Sadly the image wasn't large enough. If anyone has some relatively hi res pictures of Ryan could you please send them too me. I would really like to create a banner for this event in honor of Ryan.

Winnar

Smash Lord
To be completely honest, the way out of state people (especially the really far ones like NC bros) probably shouldn't come to this. I'd love to see everybody, but this was originally supposed to be like a small 6 hour reunion for the people who would regularly come to INNsomnia biweeklies... not a huge tourney that people need to drive 8+ hours to attend.
If we can, on such short notice, turn it into a decent sized tournament with a better venue and time frame, awesome, but I just don't want people driving huge distances for a midnight smashfest and getting disappointed. Also, I don't want low-sleep drivers early in the morning adding to the smasher death count >_>
I still plan on coming.

Though I didn't realize it was going to be an all nighter kind of tourney that kind of messes with my plans a little.

Edit - Mookie I don't have any pictures of Ryan, sorry.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Winnar you're one state over, I meant the way out of state people who would have to drive the entire length of TN to get here.
Screw that! I'm driving 14.5 hours! If I can do it, so can you!

(Please ignore the fact that I was driving down for the holidays anyway...)

Oh, I also think that DJScrub will be there too. He doesn't post ever, and he really doesn't even play Smash anymore, but I think he'll be in town to pay his respects. He goes to school in Memphis, and he apparently really enjoyed the one time he met NES at a Brawl tournament, so more power to him.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
This is one of the reasons why I was talking about not having a tournament. I mean look at the thread, it was originally people paying respects, but now it's turned into lots of people asking for housing page after page. That said, I would very much like housing, because I don't want to make a two hour drive back to Tupelo after the event.

Yes I know what I said above is somewhat hypocritical XD.

Also, only one person PMed me regarding pictures of Ryan. Sadly the image wasn't large enough. If anyone has some relatively hi res pictures of Ryan could you please send them too me. I would really like to create a banner for this event in honor of Ryan.
i have a bunch of stuff of him i can send you. Get on aim or something so i can send.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Winnar you're one state over, I meant the way out of state people who would have to drive the entire length of TN to get here.
I'll still probably be driving nearly 8 hours to get there since I'm picking up people and generally going out of my way.

Plus it's not like I'll BE in Starkville on the 18th. I would normally be in Slidell, right by New Orleans.

Don't downplay my drive distance broham. I know it's not stupid long like a few people's drives, but I wouldn't exactly call it a pleasant distance.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I basically understand that, and more power to you, but myself and a few of the [p2w] guys talked to Ryan almost daily and wanted to come pay our respects and the travel time doesn't really faze me. But whatever, we can figure something else out, maybe just donate the cost of travel to the scholarship fund or something. We just figured it would be a suitable pilgrimage of sorts but we misunderstood that it was geared towards the biweekly attendees. Sorry.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
No, no, if that doesn't discourage you, please come.
I wasn't trying to say "this is only for the old biweekly crowd", I was trying to say "this probably won't be very large, please don't show up and be disappointed".

Top Bottom