• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I've been gone for a week, can someone update me on what happened?
Green Greens dropped the sea bass because we couldn't handle her spicy wasabi beats. Shuriblur then turned us into slimy hipsters, Kevandre remixed our faces by talking about Callie and Marie again and finally Monumario dub stomped the original thread owner into oblivion.

So yeah... nothing happened besides the usual.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Green Greens dropped the sea bass because we couldn't handle his spicy wasabi beats. Shuriblur then turned us into slimy hipsters, Kevandre remixed our faces by talking about Callie and Marie again and finally Monumario dub stomped the original thread owner into oblivion.

So yeah... nothing happened besides the usual.

Those puns are splatting me. Also, I am a she ^_^

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!
Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!

Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!
Have you considered translating the poll for other countries, especially for Japanese fans?

Reila

I am not sure what is more surprising... Inkling in 2nd or Shovel Knight over Dixie Kong.

Edit: I have no idea how that rank works.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I am not sure what is more surprising... Inkling in 2nd or Shovel Knight over Dixie Kong.

Each character is rated on a scale from 1 to 5 by each voter, in how much the voter wants them to be inkluded. Then all of the votes for a particular character are averaged to give the character their final score, which is shown on the far right of the chart.

Reila

You could say the Inklings are inkredibly popular. :072:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Yay I'm summoned

Tallying the 1 to 5 votes, adding up the votes by their respective value, then average to get the result.

In one way you can say it's "in ratio of yes and no", but there is more to that, since it's more scaled than just absolute Yeses or Nos.

Think it as a more limited option RTC Want thing. Except it's not restricted to Smashboard and text votes this time.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Apparently someone said Sakurai has stated that the costumes were for characters he didn't like the movesets to... I swear, If Inkling isn't added I'm going to be rather pissed honestly. :/

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Apparently someone said Sakurai has stated that the costumes were for characters he didn't like the movesets to... I swear, If Inkling isn't added I'm going to be rather pissed honestly. :/
There's no word that is true. You must have misinterpreted Sakurai's statement regarding Heihachi Mishima from the Tekken games, that he was planned to be playable, but he couldn't find a way to make his moveset fit in with the style of Super Smash Bros. From our friends at SourceGaming...
Sakurai: There were none. We basically thought of all the characters at the start of development. We decided on characters we knew we could make. However, there were a few in consideration, such as Heihachi from “Tekken.”

Interviewer: Heihachi!

Sakurai: That’s right. However, implementing Heihachi’s movement in Smash would be difficult…
I've rarely played as Heihachi myself in Tekken (Lars or Violet in TTT2), but he would be pretty complex in Smash Bros.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So would Inklings...
Besides the ink rendering system -- which I can't imagine being too hard to implement, as Splatoon managed it on the Wii U already -- I wouldn't say so. They might be on the technical side of the cast, sure, but they wouldn't really be more complex than characters like Robin, Rosalina, Shulk, Ryu, etc.

Reila

I suppose you're right. Maybe I should have framed that in the context of the pre 3DS release era...
Besides the ink rendering system -- which I can't imagine being too hard to implement, as Splatoon managed it on the Wii U already -- I wouldn't say so. They might be on the technical side of the cast, sure, but they wouldn't really be more complex than characters like Robin, Rosalina, Shulk, Ryu, etc.
I think Inklings could be on par with Pikmin & Olimar in terms of complexity. That is assuming Sakurai wants to represent Splatoon as nicely as he represented Pikmin in Smash and looking at how well he represented the first DLC newcomer, Ryu, I think he would want to do a really good job with the Inklings as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that I finally got my own copy of the game, it's safe to say that I'm a bonefide squid kid. What I need is some practice since I'm a little rusty since the last time I've played this over my girlfriend's house.

And here's what I'll have to say regarding the Smash Ballot. Go Inklings!

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Inklings could be on par with Pikmin & Olimar in terms of complexity. That is assuming Sakurai wants to represent Splatoon as nicely as he represented Pikmin in Smash and looking at how well he represented the first DLC newcomer, Ryu, I think he would want to do a really good job with the Inklings as well.
I am not so certain about that, Pikmin and Olimar are PRETTY complex if you ask me. I doubt the Inklings would have that much going on.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'd say they're about on par with Olimar if they just go with the basic ink mechanics (have ink onstage to swim through it and slow down opponents, but it can be destroyed). If they add things like ink powering up attacks or squid lag canceling (a concept from my moveset where being in ink allows you to cancel ending/landing lag), though, I'd say that they're a bit more complex. I mean, Olimar has three Pikmin to keep track of, and they always follow him, while the Inkling must always be aware of where their ink is, how long until it disappears, which moves would be best to expand it, et cetera.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
I got really hyped watching the trailers for The X-Files so I started making a Callie and Marie alts for the Inkling girl. (I refrenced X-Files on Twitter since I usually post my bad photoshop here first)

Callie:
CALLIE ALT.png

Marie:
MARIE ALT.png

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
So this is very likely a fake, but check this out and draw your own conclusions.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It's fake. For one, the background is just a 2D image, not a model. This isn't the original Mario Party. Also, you can tell that it's cut-and-pasted out. Look at the freeze frame at the end (when the YouTube player automatically pauses at the end of the video), for example. The smoke behind Mega Man. There's a red area below the smoke, not at all matching the ground below. It's fake.

And I'm glad too, that stage looks freakin' boring. (also i think the creator admitted in the comments)

Last edited:

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118

well my custom amiibo project is complete. Just need Inkling to be an actual character and I can use my squid girl amiibo as an Inkling amiibo too.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here we are, our final hour for the ballot.

I sincerely hope that Smashdom is another star on the success list for the recent boon of Inklings and Splatoon.
We'll see what our hopes amount to for Smash 4, and wait for the next installment at our worst as we continue to stay fresh.

Best of luck to everyone, happy Smashing.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Good luck Inklings, out of all of the front runners in the ballot this one is the one I support the most :)

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Cast my vote for Inkling. It would be awesome to have them in Smash, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom