• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
FOR THE LOVE OF SQUIDWARD GUYS STOP POSTING GAME SPOILERS.

No, seriously. Even if they are tagged, this is not the thread for that.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I could go with either Inkstrike or Kraken being the Final Smash for the Inklings. Kraken would be my preferred, but I could see either working.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I would actually prefer the Kraken being their Final Smash. When I first saw that in the Splatoon Direct I was like calling it now, "Kraken as Final Smash!" They have tons have Final Smash options really. If I really had to guess which one the Smash team would use, I can see Sakuari using the Kraken than the InkStrike. The InkStrike can be a custom move option probably for one of their special moves.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
As much as I think that the Inklings are a great character idea (they were one of my first ballots), I don't think they're going to happen now...
Why?
Look at the DLC Page.

Burruni

Smash Hero
As much as I think that the Inklings are a great character idea (they were one of my first ballots), I don't think they're going to happen now...
Why?
Look at the DLC Page.
You mean the Miinkling outfits that we've known about for WEEKS and have already stated that their outfit doesn't stop them from happening in-game because their faces would be distinct, the special headgear given to "Agent 3" in story mode, and the expansion in clothing options can keep them distinct and simply says that Inklings were not pre-ballot chosen DLC and doesn't stop them from happening as Ballot Picks?

WE'RE WELL AWARE.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
You mean the Miinkling outfits that we've known about for WEEKS and have already stated that their outfit doesn't stop them from happening in-game because their faces would be distinct, the special headgear given to "Agent 3" in story mode, and the expansion in clothing options can keep them distinct and simply says that Inklings were not pre-ballot chosen DLC and doesn't stop them from happening as Ballot Picks?

WE'RE WELL AWARE.
Sorry, I just found out about the outfits.
Don't need to be a d*ck about it...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sorry, I just found out about the outfits.
Don't need to be a d*ck about it...
It's the fact that it's old and concluded information that has been beaten to death on this thead and the official one =/ Sorry for the hostility but the fact that it was part of the splatoon direct, it's something that is not hidden knowledge either and something that we have had to shut down as a detracting point ever since.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
From Famitsu:

Edit: THEY SEE ME ROLLING, THEY HATIN
Now all we need is for Hideki to have that well deserved official Jet Set Radio crossover image with the Inklings and I'm good.

Don't look at me like that, I just want the series back in the spotlight even if it's a minor press cameo. :(

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I still think we could get the standard looking Inklings without the Hero Outfit in the game despite the Miinkling costumes. I know it's been brought up before that LoZ is a bigger franchise, but there really isn't too much difference between the Miis' Link costume and Link. The inklings are mainly advertised without the Hero outfit.

Now, the hero outfit would be a cool alt, along with the Octarian costume if you can get the actual Octarian. The could also do what they did with villager and give the Inkling's different shirts and such.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I still think we could get the standard looking Inklings without the Hero Outfit in the game despite the Miinkling costumes. I know it's been brought up before that LoZ is a bigger franchise, but there really isn't too much difference between the Miis' Link costume and Link. The inklings are mainly advertised without the Hero outfit.

Now, the hero outfit would be a cool alt, along with the Octarian costume if you can get the actual Octarian. The could also do what they did with villager and give the Inkling's different shirts and such.
This is what I'm also hoping for to be an alternate costume. The Octaling, Callie and Marie, Hero Outfit so many possiblities for an alternate costume like with Lucas, hope Sakurai would notice this and use it for them....by the way guys less than 3 days till the game gets officially released. All aboard on the HYPE TRAIN EXPRESS....Choo-choo!

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
This is what I'm also hoping for to be an alternate costume. The Octaling, Callie and Marie, Hero Outfit so many possiblities for an alternate costume like with Lucas, hope Sakurai would notice this and use it for them....by the way guys less than 3 days till the game gets officially released. All aboard on the HYPE TRAIN EXPRESS....Choo-choo!
2 more days to be exact, MORE REASON TO BE HYPE

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
Suprisingly, I've only found out the name of the final boss.
I know what the boss looks like, don't tell the name!

this is amazing but it would be cool if they had a 9th recouler that was an Octoling
Or Callie and Marie recolors

I'm probably going to change the colors on this one since I already have a Dark Blue Male Inkling. But there you go, if you want to use it.
Edit:
I changed to Orange, that's the one I'll be selling. Dark Blue version just for you, buddy
Thanks

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I want it, I need it, I demand it.

Also Walmart emailed me saying that my amiibo 3-pack will be delivered with no problems.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's like a anime right, is she like in the game or something.
It's an anime. Started out as a manga about 3 years prior. Very popular during its running.
Kinda famous for the tentacular and titular protagonist whose name literally means "Squid Girl."
By nature of the character, was as natural for association with Splatoon as Jet Set Radio for the paint spraying.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
(angry squid noises)

From the Tumblr:
Dear Journal,
I fear my heart’s been squidnapped by these lovable creatures. They’ll soon abandon me to star in that Splatoon game, but my love for them still grows with each passing day. And thus I vow to continuing researching these squids, and I’ll proudly relay my findings to the public, even after the game comes out. I only hope the world won’t turn their backs on us.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
(angry squid noises)

From the Tumblr:
Dear Journal,
I fear my heart’s been squidnapped by these lovable creatures. They’ll soon abandon me to star in that Splatoon game, but my love for them still grows with each passing day. And thus I vow to continuing researching these squids, and I’ll proudly relay my findings to the public, even after the game comes out. I only hope the world won’t turn their backs on us.
HYPE ENGAGED!!!!!
I would be more hype if I had a Wii U

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... I finished the solo mode.
Without spoils, it's easy, short, but fun. It gives you some basics, especially with the squid form.

With spoils...
This music is AWESOME.
Also, the octoling outfit is cool, and doesn't give you octopus tentacles.

Just one thing: There's 2 stages, playable in hero mode, that aren't available yet in turf wars. These stages can be seen in the direct. And it's not Camp Triggerfish.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
So... I finished the solo mode.
Without spoils, it's easy, short, but fun. It gives you some basics, especially with the squid form.

With spoils...
This music is AWESOME.
Also, the octoling outfit is cool, and doesn't give you octopus tentacles.

Just one thing: There's 2 stages, playable in hero mode, that aren't available yet in turf wars. These stages can be seen in the direct. And it's not Camp Triggerfish.
How easy is it? Like Super Mario 3D Land easy? Also how hard is the final boss?
ALSO

D

Deleted member

I expect this thread to be full of "You're a squid now, you're a kid now" on release day :troll:

Top Bottom