• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if some colors are single player exclusive due to contrast reasons but it's been confirmed that a specific color can be locked to play on another level. (scratches head)
That's what I'm wondering as well. I only saw that one color in a single player mission. As for color locking, I have no clue how that even works...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Various of the Story Missions have preset colors to them. I've personally remember seeing Cyan, Green, and Orange.

Your color in turf war or basically any multiplayer game mode is chosen by random.

Your color in the main city is what you last played as.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Various of the Story Missions have preset colors to them. I've personally remember seeing Cyan, Green, and Orange.

Your color in turf war or basically any multiplayer game mode is chosen by random.

GameXplain said that you can also tie a weapon set to the last color you played as, which will I guess put you with groups of that color if you choose that weapon set as well as in single player

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
There can't be more than 2 colors I call Hacks.
Wait... So an inkling is added for each number..

There will be more than likely 8 inklings of various colors in that image. Thats eight colors in total.

Smash fighters have 8 alternate costume colors... INKLING FOR SMASH CONFIRMED

Heh in all seriousness I'm definitely excited for the game. The countdown is somewhat random though.. I mean it seems to be a countdown till the game's release but.. It seems kinda off that they are doing this now of all times.. It's probably just my own paranoia from all the companies teasing us in regards to smash stuff though.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman

Oh I know how they work. We were talking about what colors were available and why. :)

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm gonna feel like a noob for asking this but.. how on earth do you activate the special weapon? It says to press R and I'm pressing R but all it does is spam my grenade. I don't understand what to do. :confused:
Heh in all seriousness I'm definitely excited for the game. The countdown is somewhat random though.. I mean it seems to be a countdown till the game's release but.. It seems kinda off that they are doing this now of all times..
Now I want a Splatoon Advent Calendar with an Amiibo in each day.
Me right now waiting for the game:

I'm gonna feel like a noob for asking this but.. how on earth do you activate the special weapon? It says to press R and I'm pressing R but all it does is spam my grenade. I don't understand what to do. :confused:

Now I want a Splatoon Advent Calendar with an Amiibo in each day.
Me right now waiting for the game:
isnt it clicking the right analog stick?
essentially r3 in playstation terms?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Add me to the support list! Gonna make some edits to my signature, will put Inkling in there for my supporting characters! It's gonna be beautiful!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I hate to bring this up guys but I need to get it out of my system. I've changed my tone about the preballot charcter thing. I still think they could make it as that last character slot. I'm positive the next after Ryu and Roy would be Wolf and since their game would already be released before E3 they can be revealed before the ballot ends. People would once again vote for the Inklings after the release of Splatoon people would vote for the Inkling even more at another minute and Nintnendo realizes that people want them in Smash now and not later. I think the Smash team is just throwing us a bone with those Mii costumes for now. Cause really I would gladly bump down Sonic and Kirby as my top mains and main the Inkling.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just saying, I feel like an approach to the matter with the squid form is as follows.

A) Kraken is the Final Smash. A ground-based transformation like :4charizard::4yoshi::4pacman::4gaw:'s.

B) Inkling's crouch is turning into the squid, crawl is scooting with tentacles.

C) Akin to :popo: having a bit poorer traction overall but the only character to have no problems on Ice, Inklings will move faster in both "forms" on Ink splattered by one if not multiple special moves.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Just saying, I feel like an approach to the matter with the squid form is as follows.

A) Kraken is the Final Smash. A ground-based transformation like :4charizard::4yoshi::4pacman::4gaw:'s.

B) Inkling's crouch is turning into the squid, crawl is scooting with tentacles.

C) Akin to :popo: having a bit poorer traction overall but the only character to have no problems on Ice, Inklings will move faster in both "forms" on Ink splattered by one if not multiple special moves.
Going along with this, I feel an Inkling's roll would be squid form, and if there is ink, they'd be able to roll further and faster.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Going along with this, I feel an Inkling's roll would be squid form, and if there is ink, they'd be able to roll further and faster.
Granted, it may be a dash attack too.
But I feel like the Squid form should be kept namely for the evasive purposes they serve in-game.

D

Deleted member

I found this cute picture in knowyourmeme I think you inkling fan are going to love ;).

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Um guys... Fuzzyness got the game early and is playing single player levels of the game and
SINGLE PLAYER STORY SPOILERS ↓
Callie and Marie are two of the agents hired by Captain Cuttlefish

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Um guys... Fuzzyness got the game early and is playing single player levels of the game and
ARGH, SPOILER INTENSIFIES.

Seriously, I'm too careless, I wasn't expecting an actual spoil. Not that it's a big spoil, but still.

Last edited:

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
I hate to bring this up guys but I need to get it out of my system. I've changed my tone about the preballot charcter thing. I still think they could make it as that last character slot. I'm positive the next after Ryu and Roy would be Wolf and since their game would already be released before E3 they can be revealed before the ballot ends. People would once again vote for the Inklings after the release of Splatoon people would vote for the Inkling even more at another minute and Nintnendo realizes that people want them in Smash now and not later. I think the Smash team is just throwing us a bone with those Mii costumes for now. Cause really I would gladly bump down Sonic and Kirby as my top mains and main the Inkling.
I would bump down bowser from my top mains and add inkling

and captain cuttlefish's granddaughters

Last edited:
I would bump down bowser from my top mains and add inkling

and captain cuttlefish's granddaughters
WHY DID I READ THIS

Its in spoilers. Everyting is in spoilers and i keep reading them. Help :(

So is everyone here agreed on the kraken being a final smash?

Im still thinking about that one launcher that shot paint tornadoes for lack of a better word that was the first super weapon shown back at e3. That or the giant air strike missile.

Now if only i could avoid splatoon spoilers as well as ui avoid xenoblade x spoilers.:urg:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
WHY DID I READ THIS

Im still thinking about that one launcher that shot paint tornadoes for lack of a better word that was the first super weapon shown back at e3. That or the giant air strike missile.

Now if only i could avoid splatoon spoilers as well as ui avoid xenoblade x spoilers.:urg:
In the same boat bud. Didn't even glance at the Gamexplain streams of Xenoblade.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
[/quote]
WHY DID I READ THIS

I'm on the fence about inkstrike being the final smash, I think there could be more transformation final smashes, because they look cool, and it has a better kill power, and if it doesn't kill, the percent grows. But we could have more area-of-effect final smashes

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
WHY DID I READ THIS

I'm on the fence about inkstrike being the final smash, I think there could be more transformation final smashes, because they look cool, and it has a better kill power, and if it doesn't kill, the percent grows. But we could have more area-of-effect final smashes[/quote]
GOD I READ THE SPOILER IN THE SPOILER AND NOW I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE STORY!

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
I swear to god im hopeless. I just clicked on the spoiler above. I was able to avert my gaze fast enough but the fact i even clicked it. . .:facepalm:
Don't worry, It wasn't a spoiler, it was my reply. But let's just say it was a part 1 of some unknown training execise

I found this cute picture in knowyourmeme I think you inkling fan are going to love ;).
Surprising, I found this on deviantart

Last edited:
Top Bottom