• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah its weird. Also, didn't even know that existed.
USB Headset.

I'm pretty sure they have a fair chunk of cost associated with them.

But I mean, do you REALLY need it in games that last for only 2 minutes and most grounds come down to "if you see something that isn't your color, shoot it," ? XD

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
USB Headset.

I'm pretty sure they have a fair chunk of cost associated with them.

But I mean, do you REALLY need it in games that last for only 2 minutes and most grounds come down to "if you see something that isn't your color, shoot it," ? XD
I'm not too keen on buying a gaming headset at all for this game either, I'm good with the ol' headphones and laptop mic setup for playing with friends, also I don't need "DUDE,DUDUDUDUDDUDE FOLLOW ME DUDE, WHY DID YOU GO OVER THERE?! I'M QUITTING THIS SERVER YOU GUYS ALL SUCK, ****ING IDIOTS " in my ear all the time from random people when I'm playing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm not too keen on buying a gaming headset at all for this game either, I'm good with the ol' headphones and laptop mic setup for playing with friends, also I don't need "DUDE,DUDUDUDUDDUDE FOLLOW ME DUDE, WHY DID YOU GO OVER THERE?! I'M QUITTING THIS SERVER YOU GUYS ALL SUCK, ****ING IDIOTS " in my ear all the time from random people when I'm playing.
I said USB solely because of his issue with his laptop not getting internet connection if it wasn't charging.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
I want to make an inkling moveset coming to you this upcoming whenever I feel like it

Burruni

Smash Hero
You all should be fairly glad that voice chat isn't an option with Inklings.

Because all that will happen when I escape any combat situation...

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
SPLATOON INKLING FOR SMASH 4 DLC!!
Inkling Moveset:

Jab: Whacks the Splattershot gun forward, another hit whacks it down, and the last finisher it fires a single ink burst downward.
Forward Tilt: Throws a burst bomb forward.
Down Tilt: Places an Ink mine. It will explode with a small ink burst when someone steps on it. Only 1 can be placed at a time.
Up Tilt: Does a short hop with a headbutt.

Dash Attack: Turns into Squid forms and spins around.

Standard Air: Turns into a squid and twirls around.
Forward Air: Hits the Splattershot gun forward in the whole semi-circle area in front of them.
Up Air: Fires a small shot of ink up.
Back Air: Whacks the splattershot gun quickly and powerfully behind them.
Down Air: Kicks their foot down. Not a meteor smash, but it works quickly.

Grab Pummel: Shoots the opponent with ink.
Forward Throw: Fires the Inkzooka weapon forward that will do a lot of damage and launch the enemy forward.
Up Throw: Throws enemies up and throws a Splat Bomb after them, exploding at them.
Down Throw: Trips the enemy and rolls over them with the Splat Roller
Back Throw: Pushes the enemy backwards and then kicks them away!

Standard: Splattershot
Stands in place and shoots the ink from the Splattershot weapon. You can aim around by pointing with the left stick. It will do little damage but keep firing straight bursts, It will also make ink stay on walls and floors.

◀▶Side: Roller
Runs across the stage with the roller weapon, creating a path of ink behind them. It will carry enemies around and finishes off by lifting the roller up and smashing it down.

Up: Super Jump
Turns into a squid and jumps up, splatting ink below them, turning into human form when landing.. You don't do any damage going up, but landing on people will deal a lot of damage.

Down: Squid Tranform
Turns into a squid! They are very short and just lay on the ground, and will go slow if there is no ink. It is only useful for diving into ink or if you want to become smaller for some reason. You have no attacks in squid form.

Custom Moves:
Standard 1: Charger
Aims with the crosshair to see exactly where you are going to shoot in front of you, and you can still aim anywhere. It's more precise and does much more damage, with KO potential to shoot of the stage. It takes 1 second to prepare. When you let go of the button, thats when it shoots!

◀▶Side 1: Seeker
Places a Seeker that follows enemies for 5-10 seconds before deactivating. When it deactivates, it disappears. When it hits an opponent, it will explode with ink and deal a very high amount of damage to them!

Up 1: Squid Beacon
Throws the Squid beacon. It can be used in two different ways. If you are on the ground, you regularly place it and can jump straight to it with the squid jump, swimming through walls to get to it if possible. If you are in the air and haven't placed it yet, you throw the beacon and squid jump at the same time. You can aim which way you throw it, and then use a stronger squid jump it. It actually hit enemies like this as well!

Down 1: Kraken
Turns into the Kraken squid! (The GIANT SQUID form special weapon!) and will deal damage to anyone who touches it! It can only stay on the ground though and doesn't actually travel inside ink. Due to it's nature as a special weapon, it only stays active for a few seconds, and then needs another few seconds to be activated again! It can be blocked with a shield and they still CAN be attacked in Kraken form as well, it just needs to be hit with much stronger attacks.

Standard 2: 5.2 Gal
This is a shooter weapon with a slow fire rate but packs a punch. When you hold it, you can aim but it only shoots 1 shot each second. However, it is a large shot and deals a lot of damage and knockback, with some KO potential at high damage.

◀▶Side 2: Disruptor
Throws the Disruptor weapon out, and if it hits, the opponent will no longer be able to run or perform smash attacks for 3 seconds. Every time it is thrown out, the inkling must wait a long time before throwing it again. Probably 7-15 seconds. If the disruptor misses, the cooldown still goes on. It can be picked up and reflected, but doesn't stay on the ground for a long time.

Up 2: Ink Rail
Whips a rail out where you aim and you travel across it, just like as seen in the single-player mode.
You know, these things:

Down 2: Sprinkler Squid
Turns into squid, form but can spread more ink when they swim through ink, but they are a bit slower.

Forward Smash: Charges their Splattershot, then releases a burst of ink forward, like the Mii Gunners smash attack.
Down Smash: Puts a Splash Wall down that releases bursts of ink, dealing major damage and launching with a finisher. Only lasts for like 1 second
Up Smash: Pulls out the sprinkler, and it twists around shooting ink. The Ink that it shoots out does some damage to people not caught in the smash. It deals repeated damage if they are caught and has a deadly finisher, like Mewtwo's final smash but with ink.1

FINAL SMASH: INKSTRIKE
Uses the INKSTRIKE weapon and launches a tornado of ink with a missle. Before shooting, you have a second to aim to pick your location. You can only slightly aim, but the Inkstrike shoots a missile in the air, then landing in front of you.

Stage: Urchin Underpass

It is very large stage.
I don't really know how it would work, but I think it is the perfect location for a stage.

Special Mechanics:

Ink!

Inkling can shoot Ink around the stage and use it to use their squid form. The ink stays around for 5 seconds and get smaller until disappearing after. If this happens in Squid form, the Inkling will safely jump out. While in the ink, you move around much faster, but you can only swim around and do nothing else. But, this allows for many unique possibilities, like to escape, use a follow up attack after, or play tricks and other stuff the community might come up with. You can also use it on walls to swim up them, allowing for recoveries as well! When you jump out, you go straight back into humanoid form allowing for follow-up attacks.

Some things can actually cover up or clean the ink though. This includes other ink from other inklings, (Inklings on your team will have the same colour ink) Fludd from Mario, Fire from any fire-breather, and pretty much any other projectile.

Other Inkling recolours have different coloured ink.

One inkling cannot put down so much ink, either. If a lot of ink is already on the stage, it will disappear if more ink is put anywhere else.

oh and btw the reoveries won't be OP because the Inkling can be lauched easily. Not as easy as kirby or jigglypuff, but still easy.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I might make some Inkling signatures soon so we can multiply the support for Inkling and Splatoon as a franchise soon, which renders of the Inkling do you guys recommend to me to make signature from?

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
uhh

So this is, like, a completely official manga?
Yep! I believe it came for free with an official Nintendo Magazine. Japan gets all the cool things...

In other news, Splatoon X Shinryaku! Ika Musume/ Invasion! Squid Girl is now official. I knew the creator liked the game, but I guess I did manage to get that conversation with Nintendo. We're one step closer to Ika DLC, everybody!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Inklings are cool and all, but we could've had the awesomeness that was this?

Aww man! This would've been so much better. :(
Nintendo sure can be dumb sometimes.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Threw a bunch of votes for them awhile ago. Funny how despite how much I wanted them I never did that yet. Them shooting up to my most wanted newcomer might have something to do with that.
Splatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatoon.png

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
... Wow. I'm also glad that we have the inklings we now.

The screen with the rabbit-thing have an art style that scream "bad cheap game".

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, plenty of worse things have happened in the Pokemon manga before. Like that one scene with the zombie Arbok being decapitated or the many busty designs in that Electrical Tale of Pikachu manga.

It's good to know that the average Inkling's squiddly diddly is as small as you'd expect. Not like the many Rule 34 artists would even care. :troll:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
... Wow. I'm also glad that we have the inklings we now.

The screen with the rabbit-thing have an art style that scream "bad cheap game".
Keep in mind that was at the alpha stage. The intention was for it not to look good but to be functional.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Keep in mind that was at the alpha stage. The intention was for it not to look good but to be functional.
Oh, sure, as it's alpha stage, the quality cannot be as polished as the final product.

But there's something in the style itself that give the "cartoony quickly and poorly done game" vibe. That's where I realise I'm glad that the cities looks slightly realistic. Slightly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With the blocks yeah, and the others aren't meant to be perfect or even finalized aesthetically, but the squids and the rabbit are deliberate design choices.

I'm glad they ended up with the Inklings instead.

Though I kinda hope that rabbit - refined some - shows up down the line in the series.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
With the blocks yeah, and the others aren't meant to be perfect or even finalized aesthetically, but the squids and the rabbit are deliberate design choices.
They are design choices in the case of functionality, but not aesthetic. Had they gone with the rabbits, they would have not looked anywhere near the same, but maintained the key features (big ears, white).

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Tomorrow there's one more week left

I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT

Edit: This just showed up on Splatoon's official tumblr

1 more week . . . .
Edit: Testfire is today, yuss, and now this showed up on their tumblr.

6 more days . . . .

Last edited:

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
Tomorrow there's one more week left

I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT

Edit: This just showed up on Splatoon's official tumblr

1 more week . . . .
Edit: Testfire is today, yuss, and now this showed up on their tumblr.

6 more days . . . .
They're probably adding more characters to that post as the days go by

Top Bottom