• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have been looking at the Splatoon character designs... I like the squid people but not the octopus people... I mean, is it hair? or tentacles? I wish they made the octopus people look as good as the squid people.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I'm rather excited to see all the customizable options.it looks fairly extensive at the moment, and the idea seems to be that they want to ensure that anyone online won't happen to look the same.

I do think it might be cool if maybe they make one if the shirts reference Squid Girl's shirt since the guy is really into this, and I just want to see him **** himself when he see's it.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Can someone do a quick photoshop job and turn the squid symbol from the tumblr into a Smash series symbol?

Because if we're going by this video, it looks like it really is going to be the symbol of the series.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Is there something wrong with the splatoon tumblr I go to? It's been behind on all the updates. Like for example I just now got the "Happy new years" one show up on their tumblr today.

Is there another place you are getting these "POTDs" or is it a problem on my end?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
oh no

guess inklings wont be swimming for long if they're added in smash

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is a clever detail. Since they are made of Ink, they "dissolve" in the water. Also, love the nature-themed map. ^_^

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I'll support them hunz.

I feel like if added the female inkling will be the default since she's the one that's more popular and more promoted.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I'll support them hunz.

I feel like if added the female inkling will be the default since she's the one that's more popular and more promoted.
also miyomoto has stated that the female inkling is "the main one".

The best bit about it would be is that it would even things up a bit. We have 3 gender swapping characters, but 2 are base male and only 1 is base female. inkling would even that up better.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I hope we do as well! I doubt there won't be.

I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record at this point, but they are making splatoon to be "like what mario kart did to racing." They need to advertise this heavily.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
A bad*** pose,but get it before that stupid ****** Mariotehplumer gets it. (I've never heard so much stupidity in one video).
Would something like this work?

And I agree about Mariotehplumber being annoying.

Edit: Maybe the Amiibo should be the only one to have any Ink splattered on it? It may happen, depending whether or not Nintendo would see that as sloppy.

This picture might strike a better pose:

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Splatoon has what is basically a dress up simulator. Amazing.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Splatoon has what is basically a dress up simulator. Amazing.
Those clothing stores seems to be amazing.

The store owners looks amazing too.

Splatoon seems amazing. I love the fact that the ink machine gun is not the only main weapon.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
They just had to drop the phrase "militaristic crab" and I knew I was getting this game on release day.

I have never laughed so hard at a belligerent crustacean in all my life.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
They just had to drop the phrase "militaristic crab" and I knew I was getting this game on release day.

I have never laughed so hard at a belligerent crustacean in all my life.
This game looks seriously fun and makes me want it even more.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Those clothing stores seems to be amazing.

The store owners looks amazing too.

Splatoon seems amazing. I love the fact that the ink machine gun is not the only main weapon.
I'm very interested in the clothing changing stats. That was completely unprecedented for me, and I look forward to trying to match style with power:laugh:!
Also, screw the Ink Grenade. I'm using that Ink Sprinkler-Turret thingy. The mini Ink Waterfall weapon also looks very cool.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm very interested in the clothing changing stats. That was completely unprecedented for me, and I look forward to trying to match style with power:laugh:!
Also, screw the Ink Grenade. I'm using that Ink Sprinkler-Turret thingy. The mini Ink Waterfall weapon also looks very cool.
Inkling needs Mii Fighter-like customs.

...okay, EVERY fighter needs Mii Fighter-like customs (that was seriously a wasted opportunity considering Palutena got them), but Inkling would benefit the most from it for sure.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Inkling needs Mii Fighter-like customs.

...okay, EVERY fighter needs Mii Fighter-like customs (that was seriously a wasted opportunity considering Palutena got them), but Inkling would benefit the most from it for sure.
Well that's kinda Palutena's special gimmick, and there are other characters that would arguably benefit from it "the most", e.g. K. Rool and Mewtwo.

But yeah, I agree, Inkling has a lot of potential as a Smash character one way or another.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well that's kinda Palutena's special gimmick, and there are other characters that would arguably benefit from it "the most", e.g. K. Rool and Mewtwo.

But yeah, I agree, Inkling has a lot of potential as a Smash character one way or another.
Would you consider the Inkling's altering palettes to be different colors or costumes? Like say, two differing colors and two differing costumes for each color with four the girl and boy versions of the character?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Would you consider the Inkling's altering palettes to be different colors or costumes? Like say, two differing colors and two differing costumes for each color with four the girl and boy versions of the character?
Oh yeah, definitely. I think they'll do a Villager on it and have four female costumes and four male costumes.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm not completely sure I understand the question, but if I do, then what I'm hearing is that the Inkling's color swaps would generally look like this:
1. Default (EX: Orange Girl)
2. Color Swap (EX: Green Girl)
3. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Glasses and Plaid Shirt)
4. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Headphones and Sweater)
5. Alt. Default (EX: Blue Boy)
6. Color Swap (EX: Purple Boy)
7. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Goggles and T-Shirt)
8. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Hat and Jacket)
If I do indeed understand what you're saying, then I would consider numbers 1, 2, 5 and 6 Color Swaps and numbers 3, 4, 7 and 8 Costume Swaps. Of course, 5 is also an altogether Alt. Character, along with 6, 7 and 8.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Splatoon continues to impress! Hype train isn't slowing down one bit.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yet, I know several people who think that Splatoon will make a flop, and I even have one friend who think that it's just bad.

How silly they are.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm not completely sure I understand the question, but if I do, then what I'm hearing is that the Inkling's color swaps would generally look like this:
1. Default (EX: Orange Girl)
2. Color Swap (EX: Green Girl)
3. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Glasses and Plaid Shirt)
4. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Headphones and Sweater)
5. Alt. Default (EX: Blue Boy)
6. Color Swap (EX: Purple Boy)
7. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Goggles and T-Shirt)
8. Costume Swap (EX: Adds Hat and Jacket)
If I do indeed understand what you're saying, then I would consider numbers 1, 2, 5 and 6 Color Swaps and numbers 3, 4, 7 and 8 Costume Swaps. Of course, 5 is also an altogether Alt. Character, along with 6, 7 and 8.
Sorry about that. I mean if the differing palette choices for the Inkling would be handled like the Villager, but with having 2 costumes for the girl each with 2 separate colors and the same for the boy variation.

Top Bottom