• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Naw man if a stage is gonna happen you gotta use the 1 player stages, far more stuff to make it interesting. Like you have a stage specific item. The zap fish which you unlock by attacking it and then after awhile its barrier goes down and you can use it as a throwable item to do multiple lightning damage.

Maybe even bosses and Octarians wondering in.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think the stage should be a traveling stage, don't really mind what map but I don't think it should be Inkopolis because I'd like to see a match in the background effecting the stage somehow.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A traveling stage wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think they will go the easy route and port Inkopolis to Smash. It will be something like the Prism Tower stage.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
A traveling stage wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think they will go the easy route and port Inkopolis to Smash. It will be something like the Prism Tower stage.
Going by Ryu's stage I'm sadly inclined to agree but hey so long as I get to play my miku squid girl.

Or use my Squid girl amiibo. Seriously Squid girl should be like the mother of all Inklings. She came to the surface and Inkvaded Japan. The plots just line up so well.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'd prefer the plaza actually. In my moveset, the actual stage is above the plaza itself, with a platform design similar to Inkopolis Tower aesthetically. I just like the Splatfest idea, as well as the view of the bustling plaza below.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Here's my take on each of the Online stages of Splatoon and how they would translate to a potential Smash stage. While I do think Inkopolis/Booyah Base is the obvious pick, no one knows with Sakurai. I'm also assuming no travelling stages, nor heavily modifying the stage (like taking the whole thing and putting it in a giant floating platform).

Sorry if some of these aren't very clear, it's hard to express my ideas when I only have them in my head.

Saltspray Rig: One of Splatoon's signature and most popular stages, and likely the most logical pick from the online arenas. They could do a simple stage based on the bottom section of the map, with one big platform in the middle and maybe add a couple of floating platforms on each side.

Walleye Warehouse: The other signature stage, but I don't think this one would translate as well to Smash. They could base it on the middle section of the map, but then both sides would likely end up being walk-offs.

Urchin Underpass: This stage has too many corridors and alleys which are kinda the signature of the arena, and I don't think those translate well to Smash. I guess the middle section could work in some way, but I have trouble picturing it.

Arowana Mall: I think this one might work as a low middle section with two elevations (one on each side), based on the section near the starting point.

Blackbelly Skatepark: Don't see it. Too many slopes and curves that don't translate well to Smash.

Port Mackerel: I can't think of a single way this one could work. The consecutively placed towers would translate terribly to Smash.

Kelp Dome: The section in the middle could work combined with the metallic bridges that are placed around.

Bluefin Depot: The starting section could work, acting as a higher elevation to the rest of the stage.

Moray Towers: This one is VERY interesting. The zig-zag pattern could work very well for a big stage, but some people may not like it because, you know, it would be pretty damn big.

Camp Triggerfish: I'd love to see this one, personally. It could work by having two sections, with a lake in the middle emulating the traditional "rival camps" scenario.

Flounder Heights: This one could work as a Saffron City/Fourside-type stage taking place atop the buildings.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I think the victory theme should be a snippet of the... well, victory theme from the actual game. I love it.

Edit: Kinda random but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on28FLsObsI Their voices are SO adorable.
Definitely the beginning part of this song would be the perfect victory the Inklings. I don't think that it's present in the video you shared though.

Do you guys think the multiplayer theme is a better option for a win song than the single player victory theme? I personally believe so, but I wanted some other opinions.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Definitely the beginning part of this song would be the perfect victory the Inklings. I don't think that it's present in the video you shared though.

Do you guys think the multiplayer theme is a better option for a win song than the single player victory theme? I personally believe so, but I wanted some other opinions.
While I prefer the single player victory theme, I find the multiplayer theme to be more likely.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Do note the victory themes in smash aren't necessarily victory themes of their respective games.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I just thought of a stage idea that could possibly work: Tower Control. It'd be a moving stage, going through multiple stages using the Tower. Not sure if it'd work though.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118

possible for a costume colour.

Boy, Girl and Octarian Inkling. With colour options! Though knowing Sakurai it'd prolly be another character slot for no good reason. What is it with him and clone characters anyway? People will just get the higher tier clone anyway.

Might be neat to have a mii costume of this actually.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
They have two victory theme that work, so if they use anything else it'll be a little bit odd to me.

Octarians would be a pretty neat costume. I think we could get away with two costumes based on the octolings too. 3 girls, 3 boys, and 2 octolings. The second coloration would be based off the "advanced octolings" with the seaweed on their head.

Last edited:

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Splatoon amiibos unlock Inkling? Mii Costume as well as character.
Like how spinner is unlocked with Link on Hyrule warriors.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
I don't. :(
I actually saw them in stores when they first came out, but then I was like "Nah." One of my biggest regrets ever.
same feeling when I saw a shulk amiibo.

my local store has a bucket load of "out of stock" amiibo like rosalina. But I don't need them so.... then again I didn't need shulk until 3 days ago.

Oh well I pay a lil extra but I'm getting it online. Plus I'm so lucky to pre-order the Mii gunner amiibo. It sold out so fast on the nintendo store. I almost feel bad that I'm gonna customise it into an Inkling. Almost.

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Kinda random but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on28FLsObsI Their voices are SO adorable.
Squee Squee!

Music is a recurring theme in Splatoon and also one of the best things about the game. So I ask: what Splatoon songs would you like to have in Smash?

I want the following tracks:

Splattack (the main theme)... obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgsBp1NSJTY
Booyah Base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRxg0X77Etg
VS. Mode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3fzJetSPu0
VS. Mode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOf5pHFiB4
VS. Mode 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKeaLjEuBhk
Untitled (Hightide Era): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2c8F3ltnE
Gusher Gauntlet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3DzPUu_uAI
Single Player Theme 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0myuD5HLOKo
Final Boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY54cdZvuu8
Final Boss (Squid Sisters Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adviaRAxJ5s
I want everything in it. But specifically Squid Sisters Final Boss theme
Splattack
Octoling battle
Splatfest Hub (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmI3N3LWJZE)
Splatfest vs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWwlLwGVXs)
Single player music 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csygOtOFvfM
Single Player music 1
Gusher Gauntlet
and Victory in Single Player as a Smash Victory

Reila

Do note the victory themes in smash aren't necessarily victory themes of their respective games.
True, but not using the victory theme from the actual game would be a missed opportunity.

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
So apparently the Squid Sisters Final Boss song's official name is Calamari Incantation. Neat.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
How are you guys enjoying the current splatfest and what team did you pick?

Also, if I could be added to the support list that would be swell!

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
How are you guys enjoying the current splatfest and what team did you pick?

Also, if I could be added to the support list that would be swell!
I'm doing Decepticons right now, it's a way of life, we must destroy the Autobots! Also, welcome to our little Squidbeak Splatoon!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I haven't played Splatoon today just yet - I've been playing Arkham Knight (Amazing game) with my cousin for most of this morning. Once I get back from my English coaching today, I'll probably go back to supporting Team Singing. (Not a big fan of the shirt though, but I do occasionally sing some lyrics in some spare time)

Reila

I chose Decepticons because they were the coolest ones in Beast Wars Transformers.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I pretty much know nothing about transformers so I picked Autobots because it has Shia la Beouf. There's nothing like playing Splatoon while Shy la Beef yells DO IT!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So the Decepticons won the Splatfest! I'm feeling pretty confident in Team Singing, but now I need to re-join Team Sleeping.:tired:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
What the heck, add me to the support list!

I'm surprised I've never posted here before. Splatoon is the freshest game I have played in a while. So glad the game is a massive success as a new Nintendo IP. The Inklings are probably my second most wanted after Elma.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I may or may not have made two more propaganda posters for the Inklings...

Maybe...

You're like the campaign manager rolling out all of this content to promote the Inklings. Good job.

I just moved to college over the weekend so this was the first Splatfest I missed. Unfortunately it was also the coolest (Transformers). Do you guys think it should be easier to reach the highest Splatfest rank? I don't mind putting the time in to do it, but it can take a while.

Also, how's that new Bamboo gun?

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
You're like the campaign manager rolling out all of this content to promote the Inklings. Good job.

I just moved to college over the weekend so this was the first Splatfest I missed. Unfortunately it was also the coolest (Transformers). Do you guys think it should be easier to reach the highest Splatfest rank? I don't mind putting the time in to do it, but it can take a while.

Also, how's that new Bamboo gun?
I'm not sure. I usually am able to get to defender or champion before calling it a day.

The bamboozler is interesting. It's got a short range, charges up super quickly, but takes two shots to take someone out.

In my opinion, I prefer the other chargers are better. One shot one splat is too good to pass up in a charger.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm not sure. I usually am able to get to defender or champion before calling it a day.

The bamboozler is interesting. It's got a short range, charges up super quickly, but takes two shots to take someone out.

In my opinion, I prefer the other chargers are better. One shot one splat is too good to pass up in a charger.
Hmm. That is an interesting weapon. I'll have to try it out although I'll probably agree with you and stick with the squiffer. There's also a Splatoon update coming out but I think its more for fixing bugs then adding content.

Libelldra00

Smash Rookie
I've got some ideas for a stage, but I think it's actually too much effort to put this into a DLC stage...

I would probably also choose a moving stage. It starts at Inkopolis Plaza, and moves onto different multiplayer stages. The battle will take place right in a turf war, with Inklings running across the arena, which can be defeated. They will be spraying ink across the platforms the characters are fighting on. Touching the ink will slow the fighters down. After a few moments, the platform moves to the next arena and so on.

I would really love to have a secret Codec with Callie and Marie. They'll be talking about one of the fighters, just like Palutena does.

For the music I would suggest the same things, that were suggested a few pages before. The "One Minute Remaining"-music plays, whenever a player reaches his or her last stock, or, in timed battles, when the last minute of the battle starts, just like in Splatoon.

Would also love Callie and Marie as Assist Trophy, they could work like Barbara the bat in Brawl did, but with the difference, that there are two of them :D

Top Bottom